• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

miserable

Gotta hand it to Kevin Owens for faking a sickness to dodge being in the League of Nations to avoid being just another guy in a squad built to be Roman cannon fodder.

das some brass ring grabbing shit right thurr

tumblr_inline_nqxnjqDskX1tvi4yw_500.gif

UberTag

If Sheamus loses the belt on Sunday, his on-screen record since winning the belt will be 1-6 (the 1 win being that 7 on 4 match)

Only champ in modern history to do worse is Harper, who won the IC title from Dolph, held it for exactly a month, lost it back to Dolph, and didn't win at all in between
Isn't the whole point of building up a faction and surrounding yourself with muscle and henchmen to ensure that you DON'T lose unnecessary matches?

Browny

Banned
Every Big Man in 90s had a PowerBomb it's like their go to move
And every single one was great.

Vader? Check
Sid? Check
Nash? Check (when he could be arsed)
Hall? Check
Scott Fucking Norton? Check

You could probably count on one hand how many kickouts there have been from those 4 guys.
Probably just Hogan...

klonere

Banned
And every single one was great.

Vader? Check
Sid? Check
Nash? Check (when he could be arsed)
Hall? Check
Scott Fucking Norton? Check

You could probably count on one hand how many kickouts there have been from those 4 guys.
Probably just Hogan...

remember when Cena kicked out of Owens powerbomb in their first ever match

fuck fuck FUCK that

jmdajr

BG is kayfabe. I'm not sure if I follow your question though. You mean even more kayfabe'd out? As in "Tyler Breeze the model offers tips to the new blood" type?

Yes exactly. BG is kayfabe in the sense that it's probably largely scripted, but they do sort of admit it's all a performance and show these wrestlers acting relatively "normal" even though they never use their real names.
You can argue it's the least Kayfabe. But yeah.

The manufactured controversy about this emulator business in the Humble NeoGeo Bundle might be the dumbest thing I've ever read on this forum

Oersted

There must be some kind of new low for Wyatts contest within the Creative. You think it can't get worse but they always find a new way.

"Alberto del Rio gave his first interview to Mexican media since he went back to the WWE today to Felix Zapata from Reforma and he said that WWE had originally allowed him to work the Guerra de Titanes show on 12/4 which was the original date but when they cancelled the show, he said that WWE pulled the offer and Alberto blames the disorganization of AAA for why he wasn’t able to lose his title in the ring thus being vacated. Alberto said that it is shameful that he wasn’t allowed to go out gracefully in his country because of AAA’s disorganization and that he wanted his fans to know what the real situation was. Now this contradicts everything that Dorian Roldan has said about this situation so it’s a he said he said situation but Alberto can point out to the fact that he was allowed to Work for WWC in Puerto Rico on 12/5 against Ray Gonzalez Jr. so maybe the real story will come out and clear this mess up."

klonere

Banned
"Alberto del Rio gave his first interview to Mexican media since he went back to the WWE today to Felix Zapata from Reforma and he said that WWE had originally allowed him to work the Guerra de Titanes show on 12/4 which was the original date but when they cancelled the show, he said that WWE pulled the offer and Alberto blames the disorganization of AAA for why he wasn’t able to lose his title in the ring thus being vacated. Alberto said that it is shameful that he wasn’t allowed to go out gracefully in his country because of AAA’s disorganization and that he wanted his fans to know what the real situation was. Now this contradicts everything that Dorian Roldan has said about this situation so it’s a he said he said situation but Alberto can point out to the fact that he was allowed to Work for WWC in Puerto Rico on 12/5 against Ray Gonzalez Jr. so maybe the real story will come out and clear this mess up."

Carnies.

Carnies everywhere.

Caderfix

When did interventions happen? I went back and didnt see a red name posting so I feel like I missed something

A GIF was posted, and it contained NSFW footage (I didn't see it), then Y2Kev posted saying that he receives a PM a day related to this community, later on Besada posted as well saying that he did a lot to keep this community open, but that a lot of times we cross the line.

Now, if they see NSFW things and/or bad behavior in general, we'll lose the thread for a month.

Slime was caught, literally, while I was still reading the warning and Bask decided to set the thread on fire a few pages back.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I guess Eva tries to do the Sliced Bread #2 or whatever.

But like, Charlotte has the Figure 8 (Fucking stupid), Paige has the Paige Turner which I am pretty sure is just AJ's Black Widow. Sasha has the Bank Statement. Becky has uh... something?

klonere

Banned

But like, Charlotte has the Figure 8 (Fucking stupid), Paige has the Paige Turner which I am pretty sure is just AJ's Black Widow. Sasha has the Bank Statement. Becky has uh... something?

Becky has an armbar. The Disarmher.

heh.

Wednesday night line-up:

NXT: go-home show for NXT TakeOver: London
Bull Dempsey vs. Riddick Moss
Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady vs. Corey Hollis and John Skyler
Asuka vs. Deonna Purrazzo
Hype Bros. (Zack Ryder and Mojo Rawley) vs. Blake and Murphy
Bayley vs. Peyton Royce
Finn Balor and Apollo Crews vs. Samoa Joe and Baron Corbin

ROH
The Briscoes vs. The Young Bucks
Silas Young and Beer City Bruiser w/The Boys vs. reDRagon
Roderick Strong vs. Samson Walker

TNA: World Title Series quarterfinal matches
Ethan Carter III vs. Davey Richards
Matt Hardy vs. Jessie Godderz
Tigre Uno vs. Eric Young
Mahabali Shera vs. Bobby Lashley

Ithil

Paige has a scorpion crosslock as a finisher. Doesn't really look anything like AJ's.

Sephzilla

Nia Jax has a slam and a leg drop.

Emma has the Emma Lock.

Asuka has the Asuka Lock (ugh)

With the exception of the Rock Bottom and Stone Cold Stunner, putting wrestlers names into their finishing move names has always sounded stupid as hell in my opinion (I dont think Stinger Splash counts as a finisher).

To be fair, that's a pre NXT thing

The "ugh" is more about the name. The move looks fine, though I still like the flying cross armbar better.

With the exception of the Rock Bottom and Stone Cold Stunner, putting wrestlers names into their finishing move names has always sounded stupid as hell in my opinion (I dont think Stinger Splash counts as a finisher).

Exactly. Asuka Lock also doesn't flow very well; as they say, it doesn't have a great mouth feel to say.

Why is Scott Hall pimping Paige's family on Twitter trying to get them all to WWE? The hooligans suck

They had an OK match with Haskins & Redman in RevPro, but yeah, they're pretty standard - I'd be fine with WWE bringing Saraya in, but I don't know that she's particularly TV friendly, haha. Ricky definitely isn't.

Top Bottom