• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Zach

I'm finishing episode 1 and, while I'm liking it, it's underwhelming considering all the hype. Does it get better?

I dunno. I've enjoyed it throughout. But I'm weird about hype. I never go into the unknown with expectations, positive or negative.

bjork

About to change out a garbage disposal. I have 0% faith in my own home repair capabilities, but here goes nothing.

Watching some Global Wrestling Federation and this dude's physique is amazing. "Curtis Thompson" - came out dressed as a mailman. He was Firebreaker Chip.
wcydWlY.gif

5MBsHYD.gif

Entropia

No One Remembers
Tales from the Borderlands is a gah dang delight, fellas. Got through the Episode 4 intro this morn and it's just wonderful.

After playing Life is Strange, I want to play a similar game to it. I like Borderlands so I figure I should enjoy this!

(I know that LiS and Tales from Borderlands are not in anywhere similar aside from the type of game they are)

Zach

Yeah. Bayley's great and all but a Belly to Belly suplex as a finisher is only accepted if you accidentally select it as one in a wrestling game.

Nah, it's good.

Both robots are the greatest.

I agree. :D

After playing Life is Strange, I want to play a similar game to it. I like Borderlands so I figure I should enjoy this!

(I know that LiS and Tales from Borderlands are not in anywhere similar aside from the type of game they are)

I look forward to Life is Strange, but I think it's gonna have to wait until after Yakuza 5!

miserable

Boots, let's discuss the potential Wrestle Kingdom 10 card:

0. New Japan Rumble
1. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Championship match: reDRagon vs. Young Bucks vs. Ricochet & Sydal vs. RPG Vice
2. NWA World Jr. Heavyweight Championship match: Tiger Mask (c) vs. Liger
3. Los Ingobernables de Japan vs. Goto and ?
4. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship match: Kenny Omega (c) vs. KUSHIDA
5. NEVER Openweight Championship match: Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs. Katsuyori Shibata
6. IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championship match: Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows (c) vs. Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma
7. ROH World Championship match: Jay Lethal (c) vs. #BIGMIKE (?)
8. IWGP Intercontinental Championship match: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. A.J. Styles
9. IWGP Heavyweight Championship match: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

We could probably fit another match or two on this card.

isn't Honma off the card because of the recent accusations?

Ithil

Sounds like Zayn's NXT return is gonna be a victory lap time run where he has matches with the newer signings he never got to because of his injury, before he leaves.

jmdajr

About to change out a garbage disposal. I have 0% faith in my own home repair capabilities, but here goes nothing.

I hear ya. I got a new home and I am fearful for my future repairs.

Added fertilizer to my grass the other day and I am fearful I killed my lawn. Oh well, have to learn shit somehow.

Oh. I added a Z-wave light switch some weeks ago. Opened up the electrical socket and I'm like...."ummmmmm, wtf is all this, doesn't look like the picture."

Luckily, a few shocks later, works like a charm and I can control my outside lights remotely.

Sephzilla

Sounds like Zayn's NXT return is gonna be a victory lap time run where he has matches with the newer signings he never got to because of his injury, before he leaves.

Yeah I expect Zayn to be in NXT for maybe a month or so and then he'll probably show up at the Royal Rumble and stay on the main roster. I honestly think both he and Balor might get called up at the same time.

miserable

I hear ya. I got a new home and I am fearful for my future repairs.

Added fertilizer to my grass the other day and I am fearful I killed my lawn. Oh well, have to learn shit somehow.

Oh. I added a Z-wave light switch some weeks ago. Opened up the electrical socket and I'm like...."ummmmmm, wtf is all this, doesn't look like the picture."

Luckily, a few shocks later, works like a charm and I can control my outside lights remotely.

would you say you are a...Shockmaster?

isn't Honma off the card because of the recent accusations?

He just
won the Global Tag League tournament and a title shot at Wrestle Kingdom,
so, no.

And that sounds fine. I don't know if they make another Zayn NXT championship run compelling, but if he gets to be the gatekeeper for Balor, Crews, Corbin, and Joe, then that's fine.

Watch him get destroyed by "The Drifter" Elias Samson though.

Ithil

My last two games played through were Life Is Strange and The Last of Us.
Both excellent, but uh, give me a happy game to try next.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My last two games played through were Life Is Strange and The Last of Us.
Both excellent, but uh, give me a happy game to try next.

It's time for Tales from the Borderlands.

He just
won the Global Tag League tournament and a title shot at Wrestle Kingdom,
so, no.

And that sounds fine. I don't know if they make another Zayn NXT championship run compelling, but if he gets to be the gatekeeper for Balor, Crews, Corbin, and Joe, then that's fine.

Watch him get destroyed by "The Drifter" Elias Samson though.

Is the Drifter the nephew of Spark plug Bob holly???

Sephzilla

I wouldn't be surprised if we see the NXT title get passed around a bit in the next few months. I honestly think Balor isn't long for NXT and I think he could drop the belt to Samoa Joe at the next Takeover, setting up Joe vs Zayn for the title, Zayn takes the belt from Joe and gets one final farewell reign, Joe wins it back and Zayn goes to the main roster.

miserable

I wouldn't be surprised if we see the NXT title get passed around a bit in the next few months. I honestly think Balor isn't long for NXT and I think he could drop the belt to Samoa Joe at the next Takeover, setting up Joe vs Zayn for the title, Zayn takes the belt from Joe and gets one final farewell reign, Joe wins it back and Zayn goes to the main roster.

what about Itami? when is he coming back?

Barrage

I think you're on the right track, although I think Hideo will get involved in the title picture very rapidly after he gets back.

Sephzilla

Transformers Devastation.

I will put this game over every time.

Incredible.

There were rumors Platinum was making a Ninja Turtle game too. After how well they did Transformers I will mark the fuck out if they make a Ninja Turtle game too. On that note, the Nickelodeon Ninja Turtle show is actually pretty FnP

what about Itami? when is he coming back?

I think you're on the right track, although I think Hideo will get involved in the title picture very rapidly after he gets back.

Itami still has a month or two left before he's back IIRC. He could come back as a heel and take the belt from Zayn. Either that or Corbin could take the belt and feud with Itami once he's back.

The line of thought with Honma is that if the accusations were serious, they would have been made to the police - the mainstream media didn't pick up on it in the slightest and Honma's suing his accuser for trying to damage his career, so it'll be interesting to see the outcome of that (if reported).

Carl2291

Hope one of you lads live in Newcastle

CVy3W2tWoAAkSnY.png

Didnt know they'd revealed what matches were taking place. Sweet. My Sheffield show looks good too.

Confirmed matches include...
Finn Balor vs. Sami Zayn vs. Baron Corbin in a Triple Threat for the NXT Championship
NXT Women’s Champion Bayley vs. Emma
Apollo Crews vs. Samoa Joe
Also see: Enzo Amore & Colin Cassady, Asuka and many more!

no! it's a RAWvolution tonight, we'll get a 3 on 3... ON 3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What foresight.

In watching a little more of RAW, I thought it was comical during the opening match how the announce team said the following:

"Can you believe what is happening tonight"

And JBL in his annoying grating voice "Only on RAW, Wow this is amazing"

"Anything can happen"

Try hard man try hards!

Vince is shot if people cant realize that hes 2 steps away from Al Davis, I have lost all hope.

On another note, Shaemus is trying, and was not bad on the mic Monday

jmdajr

There were rumors Platinum was making a Ninja Turtle game too. After how well they did Transformers I will mark the fuck out if they make a Ninja Turtle game too. On that note, the Nickelodeon Ninja Turtle show is actually pretty FnP

It's cool. My kid likes it.

Ithil

There were rumors Platinum was making a Ninja Turtle game too. After how well they did Transformers I will mark the fuck out if they make a Ninja Turtle game too. On that note, the Nickelodeon Ninja Turtle show is actually pretty FnP.

It's great. Good balance between the wacky 80s version and more serious 2000s one with a lot of neat horror movie homages. I imagine little kids must get scared shitless by some of the stuff they put on the show, though. They had a whole episode homage to The Thing, of all movies.

I'm assuming you're like, PC only or something? Because it's super cheap on PS4 right now...

And yeah, play it if you're looking for a happier game.

Don't have a PS4, still stuck on PS3.

Zach

Any of you play the new King's Quest? I dabbled briefly the other day and was really impressed. Seems like a lot of fun. May start it again with loved ones.

Kaladin

That's okay, I have a PS4 but it's mostly a Netflix/Hulu/WWE Network machine with the occasional side of WWE 2k16.

I'll be getting Fallout for Christmas though. Can't wait.

Jerm411

Boots, let's discuss the potential Wrestle Kingdom 10 card:

0. New Japan Rumble
1. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Championship match: reDRagon vs. Young Bucks vs. Ricochet & Sydal vs. RPG Vice
2. NWA World Jr. Heavyweight Championship match: Tiger Mask (c) vs. Liger
3. Los Ingobernables de Japan vs. Goto and ?
4. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship match: Kenny Omega (c) vs. KUSHIDA
5. NEVER Openweight Championship match: Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs. Katsuyori Shibata
6. IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championship match: Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows (c) vs. Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma
7. ROH World Championship match: Jay Lethal (c) vs. #BIGMIKE (?)
8. IWGP Intercontinental Championship match: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. A.J. Styles
9. IWGP Heavyweight Championship match: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

We could probably fit another match or two on this card.

What's WK cost to order in the states??

Raw64life

Speaking of PCs and wrasslin, have there been any significant mods made to the WWE2k15 PC version yet? I've seen nothing but cosmetic changes so far. I guess my expectations were way too high as I was expecting people to fix the games horrid engine and make it play more like No Mercy somehow.

Top Bottom