• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

rrc1594

Who is excited about TLC this Sunday!

200_s.gif

Asuka used the same submission as a finisher pre-WWE, just called the Kana Lock. Take it up with her.

"Kana Lock" begins and ends with a "k" consonant sound, and it doesn't have the "Aask" problem that "Asuka Lock" has. It flows better as a phrase.

Who is excited about TLC this Sunday!

WWE Tag Team Titles – Ladder Match - High hopes for this match, looking forward to see what they can do.

Tag Team Elimination Tables Match - This could be a fun spotfest... or garbage.

WWE Intercontinental Title - Could steal the show or could be mehh, i think it totally depends on how long they get.

The rest i have little interest in.

Carl2291

Im gonna be watching NXT live in Sheffield on Saturday, straight after watching my football team earlier in the day.

Fuck TLC on Sunday night.

Boots, let's discuss the potential Wrestle Kingdom 10 card:

0. New Japan Rumble
1. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Championship match: reDRagon vs. Young Bucks vs. Ricochet & Sydal vs. RPG Vice
2. NWA World Jr. Heavyweight Championship match: Tiger Mask (c) vs. Liger
3. Los Ingobernables de Japan vs. Goto and ?
4. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship match: Kenny Omega (c) vs. KUSHIDA
5. NEVER Openweight Championship match: Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs. Katsuyori Shibata
6. IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championship match: Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows (c) vs. Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma
7. ROH World Championship match: Jay Lethal (c) vs. #BIGMIKE (?)
8. IWGP Intercontinental Championship match: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. A.J. Styles
9. IWGP Heavyweight Championship match: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

We could probably fit another match or two on this card.

0. New Japan Rumble
1. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Championship match: reDRagon vs. Young Bucks vs. Ricochet & Sydal vs. RPG Vice
5. NEVER Openweight Championship match: Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs. Katsuyori Shibata
6. IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championship match: Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows (c) vs. Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma
8. IWGP Intercontinental Championship match: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. A.J. Styles
9. IWGP Heavyweight Championship match: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

And to predict Data's response to this card:
hCzcrDK.jpg

Kaladin

Another NXT Taping going on sale:

WWE NXT Tapings at Full Sail Live
WWE Presents NXT - Full Sail Live 01/27/2016
available soon
Wednesday, January 27, 2016
6:00 pm
Full Sail Live Winter Park, FL
Tickets go on sale for the public on 12/11/2015 at 10:00 am EST

Sephzilla

This is the least excited I've been for a PPV since I randomly decided to watch a stream of Royal Rumble 2014, which got me back into wrestling for the first time since I was a kid.

For me, I think this is honestly the least excited I've been for a show since I got back into WWE around WrestleMania 24. Like, I actually forgot TLC was Sunday until it was mentioned here.

Kaladin

This is the least excited I've been for a PPV since I randomly decided to watch a stream of Royal Rumble 2014, which got me back into wrestling for the first time since I was a kid.

The Royal Rumble can do that, it's the most magical time of the year.

Jamie OD

Doesn't AAA have a big show coming up soon?

Not really. Their annual Guerra de Titanes show was supposed to happen last week but it was cancelled for unknown reasons. They quickly put together a TV taping out of a previously scheduled house show to make up for it. GdT might be rescheduled in January but that depends on if they find a date that doesn't clash with Lucha Underground tapings.

Zach

Tales from the Borderlands is a gah dang delight, fellas. Got through the Episode 4 intro this morn and it's just wonderful.

kiguel182

Tales from the Borderlands is a gah dang delight, fellas. Got through the Episode 4 intro this morn and it's just wonderful.

I'm finishing episode 1 and, while I'm liking it, it's underwhelming considering all the hype. Does it get better?

Heroman

Banned

0. New Japan Rumble

Dat card
so_good.gif

0. New Japan Rumble

Here's my guess at the card so far;

NJPW, "WRESTLE KINGDOM 10", 2016/01/04
Tokyo Dome

00. New Japan Rumble: Manabu Nakanishi vs Sho Tanaka vs Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs Cody Hall vs Juice Robinson vs Satoshi Kojima vs Yohei Komatsu vs Osamu Nishimura vs David Finlay vs Jay White vs Yoshiaki Fujiwara vs Cheeseburger vs YOSHI-HASHI vs Ryusuke Taguchi
01. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles: reDRagon (c) vs The Young Bucks vs Ricochet & Sydal vs RPG Vice
02. Special Tag Match: Toru Yano, ??? & ??? vs Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Tama Tonga
03. CMLL World Welterweight Title: Mascara Dorada (c) vs BUSHI
04. NWA World Jr. Heavyweight Title: Tiger Mask (c) vs Jushin 'Thunder' Liger
05. Special Tag Match: Hirooki Goto & Yuji Nagata vs Tetsuya Naito & EVIL
06. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Kenny Omega (c) vs KUSHIDA
07. NEVER Openweight Title: Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs Katsuyori Shibata
08. IWGP Heavyweight Tag Titles: Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows (c) vs Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma
09. ROH World Heavyweight Title: Jay Lethal (c) vs Michael Elgin
10. IWGP Intercontinental Title: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs AJ Styles
11. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Hiroshi Tanahashi

Seems really bloated with a ton of title matches, I guess they could save the CMLL defence for FantasticaMania, but the NWA jr. belt seems set for Wrestle Kingdom. Not a huge fan of Lethal debuting at the Dome, but I guess they want the title on the card to spark some interest in the ROH/NJPW shows in Japan next February.

Oh goody, Global Force Wrestling is running Poughkeepsie, New York on January 22 and 23 in conjunction with Pro Wrestling Syndicate.

Menome

If only I had a time-machine to go back and tell Regal to get off the pills. The "Man's Man" theme is great and from what I gather, lasts for no more than a month or so.

Tokyo Dome

00. New Japan Rumble: Manabu Nakanishi vs Sho Tanaka vs Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs Cody Hall vs Juice Robinson vs Satoshi Kojima vs Yohei Komatsu vs Osamu Nishimura vs David Finlay vs Jay White vs Yoshiaki Fujiwara vs Cheeseburger vs YOSHI-HASHI vs Ryusuke Taguchi
01. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles: reDRagon (c) vs The Young Bucks vs Ricochet & Sydal vs RPG Vice
02. Special Tag Match: Toru Yano, ??? & ??? vs Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Tama Tonga
08. IWGP Heavyweight Tag Titles: Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows (c) vs Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma

Seems really bloated with a ton of title matches, I guess they could save the CMLL defence for FantasticaMania, but the NWA jr. belt seems set for Wrestle Kingdom. Not a huge fan of Lethal debuting at the Dome, but I guess they want the title on the card to spark some interest in the ROH/NJPW shows in Japan next February.

Ours are similar, though the CMLL title match seems out of the blue. If Sakuraba is okay after the Shinya Aoki fight at Rizin's show, I guess he'll get slotted into the Yano vs. Bullet Club tag match. I was really hoping for #BIGMIKE vs. Ishii and keep Shibata with Goto against Los Ingobernables, but that's obviously not happening. I think I'm scared of the idea that we'll get ROH Elgin working against Lethal instead of #BIGMIKE. You could probably stick TenKoji with Yano against the Bullet Club too.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Both robots are the greatest.

Jamie OD

Tokyo Dome

I like this but I also think the ROH Title match will be moved down to #5 or #6. Hard time seeing that higher than any of the IWGP heavyweight titles.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Watching some Global Wrestling Federation and this dude's physique is amazing. "Curtis Thompson" - came out dressed as a mailman. He was Firebreaker Chip.
wcydWlY.gif

Ours are similar, though the CMLL title match seems out of the blue. If Sakuraba is okay after the Shinya Aoki fight at Rizin's show, I guess he'll get slotted into the Yano vs. Bullet Club tag match. I was really hoping for #BIGMIKE vs. Ishii and keep Shibata with Goto against Los Ingobernables, but that's obviously not happening. I think I'm scared of the idea that we'll get ROH Elgin working against Lethal instead of #BIGMIKE. You could probably stick TenKoji with Yano against the Bullet Club too.

BUSHI stole Dorada's title at the show today, not much of a set-up for sure, but they could do something with it on the Road to Tokyo Dome shows from Korakuen later this month. I was reminded that Yano said he'll bring two mystery partners for the Tokyo Dome, so I'm hoping for some surprises there.

I don't watch a lot of NJPW but Okada and Hiroshi fight a lot.

If all goes to plan, this will probably be their last match for quite some time - the whole thing is about Okada dethroning Tanahashi as the 'ace' of the promotion. It's a generational story, a passing of the torch moment that's gone on longer than most people expected it to.

Top Bottom