• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

DMczaf

What's more difficult to apply, a Boston Crab or Sharpshooter?

Figure Four

LL.gif

Surfer Sting was essentially the perfect babyface. his booking was never the same as prime Hogan or current Cena, he was more of a high energy guy to would go and go till he had no energy left in the tank.

his stuff with Vader is still to this day the best face vs monster heel matches in history.

strobogo

Banned
I don't understand how you fuck up a figure four that bad. Most kids figure out how to do that by 8 or 9. Any kid that wrestles with siblings/cousins/friends will figure out how to do the figure four. How could Miz be a wrestler for nearly 10 years and not know how to do a figure four?

UberTag

I don't understand how you fuck up a figure four that bad. Most kids figure out how to do that by 8 or 9. Any kid that wrestles with siblings/cousins/friends will figure out how to do the figure four. How could Miz be a wrestler for nearly 10 years and not know how to do a figure four?
Clearly Maryse is the man in the relationship.
She makes Mike submit - not the other way around.

strobogo

Banned

My man. Sting/Vader is one of the best feuds of the pre Attitude Era 90s. Even though I was a WWF kid growing up, I definitely preferred Sting to Hogan/Warrior for my muscley superhero faces. I remember the first time being really introduced to WCW. I didn't even know it existed until I got to rent Beach Blast 1992 while staying with my step-grandpa. That show included Sting vs Cactus Jack falls count anywhere, Steiners vs Miracle Violence Connection, and Rude vs Steamboat in a 30 minute iron man match. Before that, I don't think I even knew WCW existed. I don't know how old I was when I saw it. Probably 1994/1995ish.

My man. Sting/Vader is one of the best feuds of the pre Attitude Era 90s. Even though I was a WWF kid growing up, I definitely preferred Sting to Hogan/Warrior for my muscley superhero faces. I remember the first time being really introduced to WCW. I didn't even know it existed until I got to rent Beach Blast 1992 while staying with my step-grandpa. That show included Sting vs Cactus Jack falls count anywhere, Steiners vs Miracle Violence Connection, and Rude vs Steamboat in a 30 minute iron man match. Before that, I don't think I even knew WCW existed. I don't know how old I was when I saw it. Probably 1994/1995ish.

dude, you need to skip that life shortening TNA trash and review more early 90s WCW PPV goodness.

KissVibes

Banned
Well, to be fair I only really know Sting from Crow Sting and onward and he just seemed kinda shitty. Crow Sting was a fucking cool gimmick though. Thanks, Brandon Lee!

Nah, Cena's much better worker in your average match.

Seriously though, the reason why the Sting/Vader feud worked so well is that in the first meeting, Vader destroyed Sting. Not in a 5 minute squash way, but in a 15 minute war of attrition where Sting threw everything at him and Vader took it, then pinned the guy.

strobogo

Banned
dude, you need to skip that life shortening TNA trash and review more early 90s WCW PPV goodness.

I definitely will after this TNA stuff. The free trial runs out on the 23rd, but the card I signed up with has no money on it anyway so they can charge me if they want, but they're going to get SWERVED.

Well, to be fair I only really know Sting from Crow Sting and onward and he just seemed kinda shitty. Crow Sting was a fucking cool gimmick though. Thanks, Brandon Lee!

You missed out on probably the best super face ever. He's in the Hogan/Warrior category as opposed to Bret/HBK category. Hogan until 1988 or so was pretty great, but Sting was better and actually put people over. I don't mean he sold for people, which Hogan did like death until WM3, but he jobbed. And he jobbed clean. Prime Surfer Sting was like a mix of prime Hogan, prime Warrior, but far more athletic and willing to put people over.

Do I have to tell you people again about how much trash Surfer Sting is?

He's John Cena of the 90s.

I get what you're saying. I do. But Surfer Sting was like John Cena of the 90s that you actually wanted to see over come the odds. And sometimes he didn't. He was also far more athletic than Cena ever has been.

man, i'm rewatching the matches now. wanna an awful Sharpshooter? watch Vader's one at GAB 92. he could barely bends his knees. thank god everything else he does looks vicious as fuck.

and Harley Race was fantastic as his manager.

KissVibes

Banned
tumblr, man. tumblr.

tumblr_mxmehdhF1X1scgtjso1_500.gif

Dean Ambrose is so disgusted by all of this. It's why he refuses to use Twitter. I remember reading on tumblr that a bunch of thirsty ass teen girls found the hotel he was staying at for WM weekend (or some event) and tried to find his exact room.

Wrestling fans on tumblr, both male and female, are BY FAR the worst about stuff like this. Fucking creeps. Remember the guy that harassed Kaitlyn on twitter all the time and stalked her? There are tumblrs dedicated to that grossness.

Watching some of Genesis 2010, the crowd totally rejects all the Hogan and Morley shit but they're totally behind Matt Morgan and Hernandez

tm24

Oh man, after i finish my 2013 PWG reviews, i found my next project for the end of the month. The CZW vs ROH feud. SOmething that i legit enjoyed. Gonna be good!

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
That reminds me; would you do a review of "The Wrestler?" Or is there technically not enough wrestling in it to review?

Why would he do an enjoyable movie when he has No Holds Barred to do? Or how about Vision Quest, which for some reason is touted as an "inspirational movie" that is a favourite amongst a lot of the 90s NA wrestlers?

strobogo

Banned
Eh probably not. I didn't really care for the movie. It didn't have anything to do with exposing the business or anything, I was just not entertained by the movie. Mickey Rourke was great and Necro Butcher in a legit movie is pretty awesome, but I didn't like the movie that much. I didn't care that much for Black Swan, either. Maybe I just don't get Darren Aronofsky. I haven't seen Requiem for a Dream yet.

Ready to Rumble was a special case. I don't think I'll be doing any other movies.

Top Bottom