• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Wrestlemania build idea:

Cena wins title with help from HHH, but it's clear he wasn't expecting it and didn't want it (I'd love it if they did a Cena heel turn and he joined HHH, but I don't believe it's happening).

Next night HHH explains he did it because Orton was a failure, just like he's always been a failure. He has The Shield beat Orton down in the ring, and I mean an extended vicious beatdown.

Cena offers Bryan the title match he promised, HHH just disallows the entire match from happening.

HHH says that Cena is the face of the WWE now and he's going to do what's best for business whether he likes it or not (paraphrasing).

CM Punk gets himself a title shot. Haven't figured out how this would go exactly, but WWE rarely needs much rationale. Number one contender's match, CM Punk goading HHH into it, whatever. The point is, he gets a match, and HHH isn't happy about it.

Royal Rumble:

Daniel Bryan wins the Royal Rumble

Cena retains against CM Punk, HHH again interfering in some way on behalf of Cena, despite the fact that Cena doesn't want his help and isn't even formally aligned with The Authority.

Post-Rumble:

HHH says he's had enough with Daniel Bryan's BS, and he's going to end it once and for all. Match at elimination chamber, HHH wins, Bryan forfeits his WM title shot and can never compete for the WWE title again, Bryan wins and HHH accepts Bryan as a legtimate A+ guy and never stands in his way again.

Over the course of this time, HHH and CM Punk and Cena are having issues too. So you know, lots of three-on-one handicap matches involving The Shield vs CM Punk and Cena, that kind of thing. Basically, tensions rising all over the place, HHH saying CM Punk is indie and worthless, CM Punk saying HHH is an overrated sell out, Cena stuck in the middle saying want some, come get some, yada yada.

HHH makes it absolutely clear to Cena that CM Punk cannot win at The Chamber, because then we all know what the WM title match would be, and that would UNACCEPTABLE.

Elimination Chamber:

Daniel Bryan defeats HHH.

CM Punk wins the belt in the chamber against Cena, all three members of the shield, Alberto Del Rio (or somebody else...Sheamus? Ziggler? pick somebody doesnt matter, Punk is winning). We obviously see HHH in the back in front of the TV watching with anxiety after every elimination, etc.

After the match, while Punk is celebrating, HHH comes down and already the crowd is thinking 'Fuck you! Control freak son of a bitch! Not again!'

HHH starts beating on CM Punk (Cena has already left the ring to give Punk his moment in the ring), and yeah, I know, we don't want the new champ looking weak, but the guy just went through a full chamber match, HHH is fresh and has credibility as an actual tough guy despite the new Vince Mcmahon role.

"I hear voices in my head...."

Orton comes down towards the ring in street clothes (seriously, pants and everything) a sledgehammer in his hand, and a look in his eyes like somebody is getting crippled.

He starts beating mercilessly on HHH, all over the cage. He takes CM Punk tosses him out of the cage, then locks the cage with him and HHH inside. Then just goes to work to end the show as Stephanie, The Shield and Kane all run to ringside and can do nothing but watch a (handcuffed?) HHH get the absolute shit stomped out of him, old-school viper-style.

Post-Chamber:

CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan build. Pretty standard face vs face, who really is the best pure wrestler in the world, type stuff. Nothing fancy, doesn't need to be. The audience it's made for will eat it up.

HHH says that while Daniel Bryan may be an A+ player, hell if he's the face of the WWE (if there are any worries that this hurts Bryan, then he could simply comment on it in passing in his own promos, saying it won't matter what the hell HHH thinks when he has the championship around his waist). And that goes for CM Punk too. Cena is still the face of the WWE and as such, he's going to do what's best for business. He's going to 'save' this Wrestlemania (implying that Punk vs Bryan is a terrible headliner that will bury the PPV) by being part of one of the biggest matches in WWE history. By putting his body... his very soul on the line, in a match against the Undertaker. Again, from that point, pretty standard Undertaker/WM build. The match doesn't really need much, it's already got the two biggest names in the business.

HHH says he would fire Orton, but unlike Big Show, Orton actually knows how to save a buck and it wouldn't hurt him much. So no, Orton is still employed.

Orton is put into a match with a man that has some issues with him, the Big Show. Orton pulls a Miz, and before the match even starts absolutely tears the Big Show apart outside the ring before kicking his head off. Next week, same thing happens to The Shield (or, if you want to protect them a bit more, you can have Orton take them out one by one in sneak attacks backstage). Maybe one more victim in there two, just to sell loud and clear that this is the old, psychotic Randy Orton, not the half-way version. Finally HHH says, as COO of the company, he can't be responsible for putting people's health in danger by putting them between himself and and a psychopath like Orton. Tonight it ends. If Orton wants him, he should meet him in the ring right now and settle this.

Can't decide if the two talk at all first or what, but basically Lesnar hits the ring and obliterates Orton, before F5ing him and holding him up for HHH to berate him. HHH tells him that he's hired Lesnar to put an end to this insanity once and for all. So he hired the man that Orton has never beaten, the man that's even more physically gifted than Orton, the man that can be just as sick and twisted as Orton. And at WM it will be Orton and Lesnar in a last-man standing match, so that Lesnar has all the time in the world to destroy Randy Orton, the failed experiment, once and for all.

WM:

Main event: Undertaker defeats Cena (yes yes, the title should go on last... if Cena/UT happens, that's not happening)

Title Match: Bryan defeats CM Punk

Orton defeats Brock Lesnar OR if Brock Lesnar still has another appearance on his contract, then Lesnar defeats Orton and Orton wins the rematch, 'writing off' Lesnar (ie, he's the guy that beats/injures Lesnar so bad that he's not on tv anymore).

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Those first few months of 2010 were awful. Bubba the Love Sponge and the Nasty Boys on TV in 2010. To this day, I'm stunned Beefcake didn't show up in TNA at that time.

Don't forget TNA was on Monday nights and was competing against Raw at that time. The return of the Nasty Boys was competing against the return of Bret Hart.

It's been a while since I saw the episodes, but wasn't TNA actually starting to get sort-of decent in late 2009?

Don't forget everyone's favorite washed up stable, The Band

Between this, EV2.0 and a bunch of other stuff it was amazing how far TNA was willing to go to reference anything WWE-owned that year without outright saying it (but the fans ended up chanting shit like ECW anyway).

Wrestlemania build idea:

This actually seems like a pretty realistic prediction of the next few months. I still expect to hear Daniel Bryan chants during the Orton segments though.

Remember when Chyna looked like this?

chynaen6armsvslegsblackbikini_display_image.jpg

Realistic WM Lineup -

HHH (w/ Steph) vs. Orton (w/ Vince) for control of WWE and the Unified Title
Brock Lesnar vs. The Rock
The Undertaker vs. John Cena
Daniel Bryan vs. CM Punk - HBK as special ref.
The Shield vs. The Wyatts

Geez that end segment on Raw was so good.

Dem chants lol, everyone looked so uncomfortable, like trying not to giggle about it cause the headmaster was there. D-Bry had that uh oh I'm gonna get in trouble for this aren't I look lololol, they gave no shits at all at what you were trying to fling out there HHH, it was so glorious.

Then if that wasn't enough things happened and people got to do things that made things look interesting a little bit. :O It was the most 'wait lets see where this is going' moment in ages.

Legit shook I felt actual excitement during a segment and for a PPV, first time since after Summer Slam where I thought to myself hey maybe something interesting will come from this. But we all know how that worked out so yeah, wait and see *barf*.

D-Bry, Shield and various others bust their asses numerous times a week putting on top class matches ALL YEAR and f**king Cena and that prick Dwayne we've never seen from since just roll around in head locks for 6min because Dwayne is winded and broke a nail wins match of the year........... OF COURSE IT F**KING DID. :| D-Bry vs Cesaro wasn't even nominated. :| Poor Bret had to gulp down and think of the pay cheque before announcing the winner.

At least D-Bry won superstar of the year I guess. As if it could be anyone else.

D-Bry, Shield and various others bust their asses numerous times a week putting on top class matches ALL YEAR and f**king Cena and that prick Dwayne we've never seen from since just roll around in head locks for 6min because Dwayne is winded and broke a nail wins match of the year........... OF COURSE IT F**KING DID. :| D-Bry vs Cesaro wasn't even nominated. :| Poor Bret had to gulp down and think of the pay cheque before announcing the winner.

Why are people surprised the main event of the biggest money drawing show in the history of Planet Earth that was also one of the biggest PPV's in history won Match of the Year? Spoiler alert - Hulk vs. Andre would've won Match of the Year in 1985 if the app existed back then.

The vast majority of fans accept the narrative being given to them. Cena vs. Rock was a Wrestlemania main event, so it must be great. Plus, unlike the other matches, it involved two faces at the time, so you didn't have to vote for a 'bad guy.'

Really, it's not that complicated. Be upset about the bad booking, not about perfectly reasonable voting results.

UberTag

This actually seems like a pretty realistic prediction of the next few months. I still expect to hear Daniel Bryan chants during the Orton segments though.
Realistic booking? I beg to differ. That shit's booked too damn well for it to actually go down that way.
Maybe if Vince was barred from having any input in Creative.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
After that Apex Predator thread, WrassleGAF obviously has the good sense to lay low.
We found Opiates Rage Button. Looking forward to hitting that shit in the future. He was legit shook.

zychi

Banned
Wrestlemania build idea:

Cena wins title with help from HHH, but it's clear he wasn't expecting it and didn't want it (I'd love it if they did a Cena heel turn and he joined HHH, but I don't believe it's happening).

Next night HHH explains he did it because Orton was a failure, just like he's always been a failure. He has The Shield beat Orton down in the ring, and I mean an extended vicious beatdown.

Cena offers Bryan the title match he promised, HHH just disallows the entire match from happening.

HHH says that Cena is the face of the WWE now and he's going to do what's best for business whether he likes it or not (paraphrasing).

CM Punk gets himself a title shot. Haven't figured out how this would go exactly, but WWE rarely needs much rationale. Number one contender's match, CM Punk goading HHH into it, whatever. The point is, he gets a match, and HHH isn't happy about it.

Royal Rumble:

Daniel Bryan wins the Royal Rumble

Cena retains against CM Punk, HHH again interfering in some way on behalf of Cena, despite the fact that Cena doesn't want his help and isn't even formally aligned with The Authority.

Post-Rumble:

HHH says he's had enough with Daniel Bryan's BS, and he's going to end it once and for all. Match at elimination chamber, HHH wins, Bryan forfeits his WM title shot and can never compete for the WWE title again, Bryan wins and HHH accepts Bryan as a legtimate A+ guy and never stands in his way again.

Over the course of this time, HHH and CM Punk and Cena are having issues too. So you know, lots of three-on-one handicap matches involving The Shield vs CM Punk and Cena, that kind of thing. Basically, tensions rising all over the place, HHH saying CM Punk is indie and worthless, CM Punk saying HHH is an overrated sell out, Cena stuck in the middle saying want some, come get some, yada yada.

HHH makes it absolutely clear to Cena that CM Punk cannot win at The Chamber, because then we all know what the WM title match would be, and that would UNACCEPTABLE.

Elimination Chamber:

Daniel Bryan defeats HHH.

CM Punk wins the belt in the chamber against Cena, all three members of the shield, Alberto Del Rio (or somebody else...Sheamus? Ziggler? pick somebody doesnt matter, Punk is winning). We obviously see HHH in the back in front of the TV watching with anxiety after every elimination, etc.

After the match, while Punk is celebrating, HHH comes down and already the crowd is thinking 'Fuck you! Control freak son of a bitch! Not again!'

HHH starts beating on CM Punk (Cena has already left the ring to give Punk his moment in the ring), and yeah, I know, we don't want the new champ looking weak, but the guy just went through a full chamber match, HHH is fresh and has credibility as an actual tough guy despite the new Vince Mcmahon role.

"I hear voices in my head...."

Orton comes down towards the ring in street clothes (seriously, pants and everything) a sledgehammer in his hand, and a look in his eyes like somebody is getting crippled.

He starts beating mercilessly on HHH, all over the cage. He takes CM Punk tosses him out of the cage, then locks the cage with him and HHH inside. Then just goes to work to end the show as Stephanie, The Shield and Kane all run to ringside and can do nothing but watch a (handcuffed?) HHH get the absolute shit stomped out of him, old-school viper-style.

Post-Chamber:

CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan build. Pretty standard face vs face, who really is the best pure wrestler in the world, type stuff. Nothing fancy, doesn't need to be. The audience it's made for will eat it up.

HHH says that while Daniel Bryan may be an A+ player, hell if he's the face of the WWE (if there are any worries that this hurts Bryan, then he could simply comment on it in passing in his own promos, saying it won't matter what the hell HHH thinks when he has the championship around his waist). And that goes for CM Punk too. Cena is still the face of the WWE and as such, he's going to do what's best for business. He's going to 'save' this Wrestlemania (implying that Punk vs Bryan is a terrible headliner that will bury the PPV) by being part of one of the biggest matches in WWE history. By putting his body... his very soul on the line, in a match against the Undertaker. Again, from that point, pretty standard Undertaker/WM build. The match doesn't really need much, it's already got the two biggest names in the business.

HHH says he would fire Orton, but unlike Big Show, Orton actually knows how to save a buck and it wouldn't hurt him much. So no, Orton is still employed.

Orton is put into a match with a man that has some issues with him, the Big Show. Orton pulls a Miz, and before the match even starts absolutely tears the Big Show apart outside the ring before kicking his head off. Next week, same thing happens to The Shield (or, if you want to protect them a bit more, you can have Orton take them out one by one in sneak attacks backstage). Maybe one more victim in there two, just to sell loud and clear that this is the old, psychotic Randy Orton, not the half-way version. Finally HHH says, as COO of the company, he can't be responsible for putting people's health in danger by putting them between himself and and a psychopath like Orton. Tonight it ends. If Orton wants him, he should meet him in the ring right now and settle this.

Can't decide if the two talk at all first or what, but basically Lesnar hits the ring and obliterates Orton, before F5ing him and holding him up for HHH to berate him. HHH tells him that he's hired Lesnar to put an end to this insanity once and for all. So he hired the man that Orton has never beaten, the man that's even more physically gifted than Orton, the man that can be just as sick and twisted as Orton. And at WM it will be Orton and Lesnar in a last-man standing match, so that Lesnar has all the time in the world to destroy Randy Orton, the failed experiment, once and for all.

WM:

Main event: Undertaker defeats Cena (yes yes, the title should go on last... if Cena/UT happens, that's not happening)

Title Match: Bryan defeats CM Punk

Orton defeats Brock Lesnar OR if Brock Lesnar still has another appearance on his contract, then Lesnar defeats Orton and Orton wins the rematch, 'writing off' Lesnar (ie, he's the guy that beats/injures Lesnar so bad that he's not on tv anymore).
I like this, but it's not happening. The shield is breaking up soon, possibly during this PPP. They keep hinting at Ambrose v Rollins and reigns

iRTQO00q06xd.gif

Joyous news, friends! The IWA Deep South Carnage Cup is out over at www.smartmarkvideo.com and www.smvod.com

I may have to suspend my Tournament of Death II review to watch this mess.

We found Opiates Rage Button. Looking forward to hitting that shit in the future. He was legit shook.

I was kinda shook that Bish expected the thread to go the way it did based on the title alone. Also, that one guy reeeeeeeeeeally hates wrasslin' gifs.

Kaladin

I feel like we should plug CZW's Cage of Death iPPV in the TLC thread. Just because it's a match concept PPV that actually lives up to the concept.

Go for it - actually looks like a great card this year. I see they added Davey Richards vs Chris Dickinson, which should be an utter war of a match.

I probably won't be able to watch live, though. I'd fall asleep while they're setting up the cage.

Kaladin

Go for it - actually looks like a great card this year. I see they added Davey Richards vs Chris Dickinson, which should be an utter war of a match.

I probably won't be able to watch live, though. I'd fall asleep while they're setting up the cage.

I would be able to watch live because I'm going to the bar to see a few bands that night....though they'll probably still be setting up the Cage of Death by the time I get home.

strobogo

Banned
Recap of my drunken TNA match idea for those of you who didn't want to read the PPV review.

It would make a lot of sense to me in a TNA way to have 2 rings and matches going on in each ring. Every 5 minutes, one person would leave one cage and join the other until the match beyond begins. Then, each man eliminated would go back to the other cage. There would be double eliminations. The winners left in each ring, even if from the same team, would then have a singles match with the winner having to climb out of both cages individually to win.

jred2k

Recap of my drunken TNA match idea for those of you who didn't want to read the PPV review.

It would make a lot of sense to me in a TNA way to have 2 rings and matches going on in each ring. Every 5 minutes, one person would leave one cage and join the other until the match beyond begins. Then, each man eliminated would go back to the other cage. There would be double eliminations. The winners left in each ring, even if from the same team, would then have a singles match with the winner having to climb out of both cages individually to win.

Are you losing the ability to just watch wrestling to enjoy it? At this point it must feel weird/kind of like you're wasting time to watch wrestling without a review in mind.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I can't help but think this has been done before.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Working on the Legitshook.com Presents the 2nd Annual WrassleGAF Awards Official Ballot. NJPW cleaned up on the nominations. I'd say at this point, almost everyone who watches non-WWE watches NJPW. Almost. It's a phenomenal year.

strobogo

Banned
Are you losing the ability to just watch wrestling to enjoy it? At this point it must feel weird/kind of like you're wasting time to watch wrestling without a review in mind.

Not really. When I watch without reviewing, it's usually WWE stuff and I watch it more just to veg out. The reviews are really just a way for me to fill my time and distract myself. But now I watch wrestling and think about how many gifs I see.

Sometimes I even split screen wrasslin and Ancient Aliens for maximum ridiculous.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Alright friends. Voting is up..

Give it a go! This is for the Grandaddy of them all!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1EN4cIq_2gCF3s2qeaCu7u-PIY4wfHbuA-Krxu7bZNVU/viewform

WRASSLEGAF's OFFICIAL BALLOT

No whining if your pick didn't make it in, this was what the nominations are for! I will post the link in the OP if you can't get to it now.

WrassleGAF Community MVP is free-form text, because of two reasons:

1: The winner is friggin obvious, I didn't have 5 to choose from
2: I don't want someone to feel bad for missing a nomination

Vote and enjoy!

jmdajr

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1EN4cIq_2gCF3s2qeaCu7u-PIY4wfHbuA-Krxu7bZNVU/viewform

No whining if your pick didn't make it in, this was what the nominations are for! I will post the link in the OP if you can't get to it now.

Vote and enjoy!

Nice.

Heck I might have to rethink some of my previous nominations.

Aiii

So not worth it
Also, I'm pretty sure I didn't do all these AJ Lee nominations (aside from best female). So don't you guys dare blame me for the frequency she's in there.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also, I'm pretty sure I didn't do all these AJ Lee nominations (aside from best female). So don't you guys dare blame me for the frequency she's in there.

She was significantly nominated in some areas, and for good reason. She was brutal on the mic when she shredded the divas, and her finisher is unique and looks great. And she was part of a very shameful angle.

Aiii

So not worth it
She was significantly nominated in some areas, and for good reason. She was brutal on the mic when she shredded the divas, and her finisher is unique and looks great. And she was part of a very shameful angle.

I agree, but "some people" in this thread blame me for every positive AJ thing that is said in here, so I felt the need to preempt that.

I dunno, this thread has me on the defensive sometimes :D

jred2k

I'm kind of surprised WK7 wasn't nominated for PPV of the year. Were the other NJPW PPVs that much better, or did it get kind of forgotten cause it was so early in the year.

I've got a bad ass watch later list on YouTube now I'll have to start going through tonight.

Xater

Vote and enjoy!

Can I skip some of the stuff I don't feel comfortable making a decision in? For some categories I feel like ?I have not seen enough this year.

Also if Goldust doesn't win comeback something is wrong.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Vote and enjoy!

Oh, so the previous doc was the nominations???

Top Bottom