• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

DMczaf

When is Bork coming back?

I need a PPV to have a big fight night feeling again, and he's the only dude left who can do that (other than Oldertaker).

Dudes, I'm telling ya - even if Bryan's probably not going to be in the Wrestlemania main event, I would be TOTALLY OKAY with that if they would just give him a match with Bork.

Can you fucking imagine how good Bryan vs. Bork Laser would be?

I might be inclined to agree. But the entire time watching it my friend and I were screaming at the television for them to stop, I was expecting pieces of Younger's brain start falling out of that gash on the back of his skull.

It was definitely a star making moment for Drake but having seen the match twice now I'm not sure I'd watch it again.

Yeah, when he brought out the staple gun and salt... holy shit. I was freaking out. It definitely is a match where I can't watch over and over again but seeing it for the first time just left such an impact and I mean that in a good way.

They have a payloadz store where you can purchase downloads of all the shows in varying sizes;

http://store.payloadz.com/results/results.aspx?m=237649

I'd definitely recommend any of the last 3 shows, Chapter 7, 8 & 9 were all great fun.

Cool. I will check that out.

jmdajr

Dudes, I'm telling ya - even if Bryan's probably not going to be in the Wrestlemania main event, I would be TOTALLY OKAY with that if they would just give him a match with Bork.

Can you fucking imagine how good Bryan vs. Bork Laser would be?

It be buneo.

Hell I'd even love a handicap match of Bork vs Cm Punk and Bryan. People would argue it would make em look weak but it be a lot of fun.

tm24

ASW 9 is my non NJPW show of the year.

I'm pretty sure ASWX is gonna be my show of the year, and it hasnt even happened yet!

Starting my PWG review thingy later today.

Also, Drake/Callihan is probably my top 3 MOTY for PWG. I have yet to see it on DVD but live that match was hype

Alright friends. Voting is up..

Give it a go! This is for the Grandaddy of them all!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1EN4cIq_2gCF3s2qeaCu7u-PIY4wfHbuA-Krxu7bZNVU/viewform

WRASSLEGAF's OFFICIAL BALLOT

No whining if your pick didn't make it in, this was what the nominations are for! I will post the link in the OP if you can't get to it now.

WrassleGAF Community MVP is free-form text, because of two reasons:

1: The winner is friggin obvious, I didn't have 5 to choose from
2: I don't want someone to feel bad for missing a nomination

Vote and enjoy!

i-voted.gif

Striker

Smackdown Six. Never Forget.

I would love to see Smackdown as more of a "Wrestling" and undercard show and leave the "Sports Entertainment" to Raw. That would really elevate the belts which in turn, would help the midcard guys.
Smackdown was better for much of the 2000's, really. In 2009, it still had a solid crew and used much of their whole roster at the time. Edge, Chris Jericho, Jeff Hardy, CM Punk, MVP, Shelton, decent tags - no Taker holding up the main events. Though they tried pushing Zeke Jackson...

Trying to make Raw/Smackdown separate "brands" was a terrible idea in the first place.
Nah, the roster was too huge. Although, around 2006-2007 time it started to wear thin and in general the idea began to crumble. Main events were led mostly by the likes of Triple H, Batista, Edge, Taker, Cena, and Orton. I'd blame that on booking moreso than anything else. Funny, so long ago, and three of those guys who are left in the company are still on top.

strobogo

Banned
I would love to hear actual reasons as to why the Young Bucks are a bad tag team and why someone like the Rhodes are better.

Because the Rhodes have a great grasp of Southern tag psychology, of when to hit their spots, of when to fire up, of when to sell. The Bucks just roll through tons of double team moves because that's what you do in a tag team. Heavy over reliance on convoluted double team spots. Extreme over reliance on superkicks. Any kind of psychology goes completely out the window as they have over long finishing stretches that are all about doing as many moves as possible and kicking out of things that look like they should kill you. They're basically every Lynn/RVD matched rolled into a tag team.

Smackdown was better for much of the 2000's, really. In 2009, it still had a solid crew and used much of their whole roster at the time. Edge, Chris Jericho, Jeff Hardy, CM Punk, MVP, Shelton, decent tags - no Taker holding up the main events. Though they tried pushing Zeke Jackson...

Nah, the roster was too huge. Although, around 2006-2007 time it started to wear thin and in general the idea began to crumble. Main events were led mostly by the likes of Triple H, Batista, Edge, Taker, Cena, and Orton. I'd blame that on booking moreso than anything else. Funny, so long ago, and three of those guys who are left in the company are still on top.
Dont forget JoMo putting on MoTY candidates with CM Punk. Fuck the haters, brah was great. I dont care he let Mike Knox and Hayes funk his girl.

Then Undertaker defeated CM pUnk in less than 10 minutes in theopening match of Hell in a Cell and mucked everything up. Then they try to push Escobar.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I would love to hear actual reasons as to why the Young Bucks are a bad tag team and why someone like the Rhodes are better.

The YBs don't do storytelling, they don't do psychology. They have a list of bullet point spots to hit, and that's all they do, and it doesn't matter when.

Fuck those losers.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dont forget JoMo putting on MoTY candidates with CM Punk. Fuck the haters, brah was great. I dont care he let Mike Knox and Hayes funk his girl.

Well JoMo didn't care either. Those were decent times, against a smaller midget like Pank his offense could actually look like something real.

Well JoMo didn't care either. Those were decent times, against a smaller midget like Pank his offense could actually look like something real.

If only JoMo actually learned to position his opponents correctly for the Starship Pain. I swear he landed in the exact same fuckin' spot and he never moved the other guy there.

Striker

Jomo was a spot guy but more fun to watch than say guys like Kofi, Swagger or Miz. Definitely had no business talking as much as they had him doing - needed a valet/manager but they didn't like doing that much.

UberTag

Fuck the haters, brah was great. I dont care he let Mike Knox and Hayes funk his girl.
I've always loved this .gif.

melina-mile-knox-john-morrison-is-a-pussy.jpg

I voted for the awards as well. Was surprised at how much I've seen and could legitimately vote for in a year where I've watched RAW maybe 2 or 3 times at most.
Seeking out the best that NJPW had to offer helped a lot there.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Devitt in non-wwe wrestler of the year over Shibata or Ishii. You bunch of marks.

HAHAHA Portia made it?! I figured I was the only one who voted for her.

Wow, all those angles of the year suck.

gurudyne

Looking at the nominees, I'm suddenly remembering one of the entries I wanted to put down, but forgot. Wyatt for best mic work (Renee Young as well, in retrospect). Damn.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit, well over 100 votes already. Wow.

Also, some of the nominations that may be a surprise are usually because one person cleaned the fuck up on almost all nominations, leaving a couple that had very few votes, but enough to be nominated.

Updating my matches of the year list - can anyone point me to some of the better WWE matches over the past couple of months? Or should I just watch everything with RhodesBros, Shield, Cesaro, D-Brine, Punk, etc?

NXT for promotion of the year or we riot.

It probably will be, too many baka gaijins are yet to board the NJPW hype train.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Markout moment wouldn't be Rhodes hugging it would be Cody hitting the crossrhodes on Orton. For someone they didn't build up in MONTHS it blew up the crowd.

Top Bottom