• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

jmdajr

Leading up that segment Vickie was doing some heelish things but I cant remember them exact. Thing is she wasn't doing something so out there that people would remember. So it just makes her look totally innocent which isn't completely true.

At least some of the editors spot some of the stuff on Smackdown. Most of the show is fine full commentary, but once you get to a women's match complete silence on the commentary because its edited out due to something stupid that's said. Three to five minutes into the match the commentary is back mid conversation then silence every now and then.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bottom line is it shouldn't be that fucking hard to treat someone like a human being.

Anyway going back to a topic discussed a few hours ago

I noticed the PCW owner on Facebook tonight bemoaning the fact that some great UK shows get pretty much ignored in America

Is there any way to combat this? He has played with live streaming but I doubt that would be enough really

I noticed the PCW owner on Facebook tonight bemoaning the fact that some great UK shows get pretty much ignored in America

Is there any way to combat this? He has played with live streaming but I doubt that would be enough really

Attack Pro-Wrestling from Wales have recently started selling streams of their shows on US indie site SmartMark;

http://smvod.com/attack-pro-wrestling

I doubt streaming will set the world on fire, but a promotion like PCW could probably get a few international buys with some word of mouth. Downloads would be the better option, but obviously that opens shows up for easier piracy - a fair few of the bigger US indies have taken that route, however, CZW, AIW, AAW, CHIKARA, etc and it seems to have worked well for them.

jmdajr

People thought the cobra charming bit was racist. I just laughed because it was completely preposterous. Some of this stuff is over analyzed.

You could always send Vickie some love on Twitter

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Yknow if not livestreaming, they need more thoroughly-UK products that are unique in some form. Someone GIGANTIC or someone who is a friggin' insane bastard, or something. They don't have someone that you hear their name and know they're someone special, and only over there.

Except for...

sigh...

fucking GRADO.

He may be the UK's great pasty white hope.

UberTag

Leading up that segment Vickie was doing some heelish things but I cant remember them exact. Thing is she wasn't doing something so out there that people would remember. So it just makes her look totally innocent which isn't completely true.
I honestly can't remember a single heelish thing Vickie has done apart from screech "EXCUSE ME" into a microphone.
I'm sure there was some heinous shenanigans being pulled back when she was with Edge but I was an Edge fan so it never bothered me at all.
I think Eddie's wife is a sweetheart. Which is more than I can say for most of the "good guys" on the WWE roster.

He called Booker T a thug because he had a previous jail sentence.
I want to say they did something similar with Shelton as well. Shelton Benjamin.
Aren't you thinking of MVP? Shelton's always been an upstanding citizen. His momma told me so.

I wonder how much of their weekly stupid humour is directly Vince and how much of it is writers trying to write what they think Vince thinks is funny.
It's probably a little of both. Doesn't change the fact that Vince is the common thread to both scenarios.

Attack Pro-Wrestling from Wales have recently started selling streams of their shows on US indie site SmartMark;

http://smvod.com/attack-pro-wrestling

I doubt streaming will set the world on fire, but a promotion like PCW could probably get a few international buys with some word of mouth. Downloads would be the better option, but obviously that opens shows up for easier piracy - a fair few of the bigger US indies have taken that route, however, CZW, AIW, AAW, CHIKARA, etc and it seems to have worked well for them.

Smart mark had approached the Pcw owner but they wanted a 60/40 cut of something or other so he told them to do one.

Ultimately whilst I enjoy the imports I don't think it's the way to build UK indie wrestling there is easily enough talent here to stand alone

Edit

Vince it sounds like you need

THE BASTARD DAVE MASTIFF

But seriously there are some top blokes here but I haven't seen any that look like a star in WWE terms, everyone is a bit short as well

KissVibes

Banned
...have you never seen The Rock's promos before?

Oh, well, I guess that makes everything fine.

I guess it's cool that Jerry Lawler is a dirty old creep too because he's always been that way!\

Why Booker didn't go over Triple H in that match is a crime. Perfect time to 1) build up somebody new and 2) make the story balanced so the heel wasn't always on top and getting the edge.

Booker T suffered because lol Triple H and lol WCW.

It was a shame too. He was one of the few WCW guys I really liked as a kid, well, who stayed until the end. Booker T sweated charisma, shoulda been a bigger star in WWE.

Yknow if not livestreaming, they need more thoroughly-UK products that are unique in some form. Someone GIGANTIC or someone who is a friggin' insane bastard, or something. They don't have someone that you hear their name and know they're someone special, and only over there.

I think that, like Jeff says, there's a ton of great talent on the UK scene - the trouble is with exposure. While UK promoters are willing to book US indie talent, US promoters aren't doing the same. Mark Andrews & Pete Dunne recently had a tour of the US and received great reviews from many of the crowds they performed in front of, lots of "please come back chants" and the like, but they had to pay to fly themselves over to the US.

Also, back in the day British wrestlers used to be a regular fixture of the list of gaijins touring Japan - the Japanese have always enjoyed the quirky British light heavyweight style of wrestling and there's certainly a few guys who would fit that bill today, but other than Zack Sabre Jr, there's no one touring over there. Speaking of Zack, he is an amazing talent, one of the best pure wrestlers in the world today and it's a shame he's in NOAH and not New Japan, as he deserves more international exposure.

Ultimately whilst I enjoy the imports I don't think it's the way to build UK indie wrestling there is easily enough talent here to stand alone

Definitely, every time Progress bring in some new guy I've never heard of (like Lord Jonathan Windsor, for instance), I'm always blown away by how good they are. The UK scene is full of great talent, but it's a talent pool that's fairly indy-centric I feel.

Jeff Albertson said:
But seriously there are some top blokes here but I haven't seen any that look like a star in WWE terms, everyone is a bit short as well

Rampage Brown, maybe?

Vince McMahon said:
Except for...

sigh...

fucking GRADO.

He may be the UK's great pasty white hope.

That reminds me, I don't think I posted this;

iE1n8byfVOWAv.jpg

BIG VAN GRADER!

Rapstah

At least some of the editors spot some of the stuff on Smackdown. Most of the show is fine full commentary, but once you get to a women's match complete silence on the commentary because its edited out due to something stupid that's said. Three to five minutes into the match the commentary is back mid conversation then silence every now and then.

Awkward moment a month ago where they clearly edited out two minutes of JBL and Cole talking about Jimmy Snuka.

my man. this song is the shit right here. i think i'm gonna make it my ringtone
Disappointed that no one (or at least not enough people) cribbed my answer of "Renee Young" for best on the mic. Girl knows what she's doing and doesn't have the dead bored presence of so many Matt Strikers and Todd Grishams before her.
...i can't believe i didn't think to do that
Updating my matches of the year list - can anyone point me to some of the better WWE matches over the past couple of months? Or should I just watch everything with RhodesBros, Shield, Cesaro, D-Brine, Punk, etc?
How far back have you not watched? Because I'd highly recommend Rhodes Brothers vs. The Shield at Battleground. The only good part about Battleground.

Rapstah

WM31_12102013ca_182.jpg

They still use the "Laissez les bon temps roulez" ("Let the a good times, do roll!") slogan on half their Wrestlemania XXX promotional material and the corrected "Laissez les bons temps rouler" on the other half, fire someone.

Edit: Sheamus wearing a Talking Heads level of ill-fitting suit:

45_WM31_1210_7059.jpg

Ithil

Listening to some Figure 4 and apparently Vince was not happy about the fans hijacking that Raw segment.

He seems to have forgotten he is putting on a TV show, to make money by satisfying a paying audience. Not playing with action figures or something.

They still use the "Laissez les bon temps roulez" ("Let the a good times, do roll!") slogan on half their Wrestlemania XXX promotional material and the corrected "Laissez les bons temps rouler" on the other half, fire someone.
Cajun French is a little bit different, it's actually widely accepted to not pluralize the adjective and thus les bon temps is what you're going to see when you're there. Roulez is definitely wrong, though.

Whoever did it doesn't know French very well and has never been to nor received a postcard from nor looked at the website for New Orleans, that's for sure. Roulez is the second person present tense form of the verb, how would that even make sense to refer to "good times" like that?

Ithil

Probably been discussed but does the new WWE logo on the WM31 logo mean that the WWE logo is getting changed?

Well it uses the Network logo, so I assume it is getting changed. Shame they just spent a ridiculous amount of money making a WWE title belt that's a giant scratch logo earlier this year.

Top Bottom