• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Penguin

Man, watching attitude era RAWs really shows how great King was as a heel commentator. Too bad he stopped caring years ago.

I'm doing an Attitude Era watch right now and I honestly like King here. I legit laugh at his shit all the time. No idea what's gotten to him these days.

Well 1)He use to have direction. I believe now he is a "Face" but it is hard to tell.
2)He use to care
3)JR was an amazing partner. Their banter is fantastic. Something he just doesn't have with Cole or JBL.
4)Half the time he isn't even paying attention to what his team is saying!

strobogo

Banned
King was never the same once he left and came back in 2001. Then around 2003 or so, he turned to utter shit and kept getting worse every year except for times when he was allowed to punch someone in the face really hard.

which one you doing next?

i was going to recommend Beach Blast 92 which features MVC vs the Steiners and the Steamboat v Rude iron-man match.

somedevil

Well that was quick:

The 4/7/14 Raw taping at the New Orleans Arena, set for the day after Wrestlemania 30, went on sale officially this morning and immediately sold out.
There are currently no tickets available for the show via Ticketmaster, although as production is finalized, additional seats will be released.

This Raw has become the must be their since the Daniel Bryan Yes chant made its debut two years ago.

edit: Also, the odds of TLC have swung more towards
Orton
which makes sense.

DMczaf

Well that was quick:

This Raw has become the must be their since the Daniel Bryan Yes chant made its debut two years ago.

Orton
which makes sense.

Do we have a Raw After Wrestlemania sign to point to?

Xater

Stro do capital combat

Robocop
Johnny ace vs mean mark( with teddy long of course)
the stiners in their prime
Luger vs flair

I only ever heard about the Robocop thing. It always sounded so dumb.

Did the David Arquette stuff also happen on PPV? Maybe take a look at that as well.

somedevil

Did the David Arquette stuff also happen on PPV? Maybe take a look at that as well.

Review a wai did a review of Robocop if you want it. Its here.

http://lawradio.proboards.com/thread/377/review-wai-archive

Also, OSW is doing a David Arquette trinity with Ready to Rumble, the day he won the title on WCW and the pay per view which comes out by Christmas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjPKM3Ha0k8&list=PLKjsTHExZ2SnYw37VmR7NrZ-ZPs4B5CCr&index=35

Heel

Please friends, your favorite Inoki slaps.

ADX9T.gif

ifWPw09d6ehGP.gif

strobogo

Banned

I already did 2000. He won the title on Thunder. Turned heel on PPV.

I'm going to do Slamboree 1993 to see all the old timers and weird shit like Sting vs Nailz. After that, probably Halloween Havoc 1993. Cactus vs Vader, Bulldog vs Regal, Rude vs Flair. Then maybe one of the WCW/NJPW super shows.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
See, I think King sucked even back then, just in a different way. I never liked King as a commentator and would also prefer he be wrestling or not on shows to begin with. Now, he's old, boring, and bored. Back then, he ruined matches by talking about tits or saying racist/stupid shit non stop. And squealing.
I watched a lot of old AE, and that's just not true. He only talked about tits when a Diva was on, and back then, that's all they were used for, and he was likely instructed to do that. I also don't remember him saying A LOT of racist shit unless it was a blatantly racist character.

The only match I remember him ruining was Kane/Xpac in a cage. He went on about Kane's penis for half the match. Even JR was getting annoyed.

The funny thing is that outside of the WWE, his attitude is completely different. If you catch him in an interview like the Stone Cold podcast or the old roundtables, he's REALLY soft spoken and calm. Very different from his on screen persona.

gurudyne

I fucking love the add ons. Sandow, Sincara, Kofi, Santino...and the Undertaker. Rofl.

Also still can't get over that the main set includes the hardcam.

GolazoDan

King was never the same once he left and came back in 2001. Then around 2003 or so, he turned to utter shit and kept getting worse every year except for times when he was allowed to punch someone in the face really hard.
This is absolutely true. I watched Vengeance 2001 before the recent Review-A-Wai and my God, his commentary during the Trish/Jackie match. He mentioned what colour Trish's bra was numerous times, wanted to see her puppies, and that was all fine when Lawler's meant to be a heelish pervert and he's talking about Debra in 1999, whose entire gimmicks was TITS!

He doesn't do that anymore and for that reason the PG era is justified.

KissVibes

Banned
1) Why is Sin Cara being shot into a sign?

2) Was this designed years ago? Cena vs Miz, Undertaker on a bike, Kofi is IC champion and isn't wearing pants.

Anth0ny

Well that was quick:

Orton
which makes sense.

People finally realizing Raw after Mania > Mania.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
King being racist as hell in his first WWE run wasn't really unusual for the time. It's not like Jesse the Body or Brain weren't also that during their heel commentary days.

Early King in WWF is great. He had really good chemistry with JR.

I also didn't mind King a few years back when Cole was full blown heel but outside those two points he's been awful for the past ten years.

strobogo

Banned
King being racist as hell in his first WWE run wasn't really unusual for the time. It's not like Jesse the Body or Brain weren't also that during their heel commentary days.

Early King in WWF is great. He had really good chemistry with JR.

I also didn't mind King a few years back when Cole was full blown heel but outside those two points he's been awful for the past ten years.

I always found Brain and Jesse to be far funnier and wittier with their racism. King's seemed to hacky. All of his jokes are unbelievably hacky and corny.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I always found Brain and Jesse to be far funnier and wittier with their racism. King's seemed to hacky. All of his jokes are unbelievably hacky and corny.

You're not wrong there. King isn't quite as witty as either of those two. He does have good chemistry with Vince and JR though.

Talking about chemistry there are some teams that sound great on paper but just don't work.

JR and Schiavone and Schiavone and Ventura are the two that pop out to me. Should be good together, are not good together.

Top Bottom