• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Pizoxuat

tumblr_mxvjfvshsO1srbyoyo1_500.gif

Xater

Just now on Wrestling Observer Radio they said that apparently things are calming down backstage. So maybe AJ will train after all.

Koji Kanemoto & Minoru Tanaka (c) vs Jushin 'Thunder' Liger & Shinya 'Togi' Makabe - IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles - (NJPW 09/12/2000)

iTHttOirXUZV3.gif

The Korakuen Hall crowd have always loved an underdog, especially when they kick ass and show a ton of fire like Togi Makabe does here. Minoru & Koji are absolutely BRUTAL in their treatment of him, but Makabe is just relentless and won't back down. Liger gets in and starts palm slapping bitches left and right, by Koji takes out his leg and it's all down to young Makabe to defeat the jr. heavyweight champions. The crowd are going absolutely frigging nuts by the finish, which some may find a bit near-fall heavy, but you have to remember that Makabe's still a young lion here, so in puro logic he's only doing half damage.

Koji Kanemoto & Minoru Tanaka (c) vs Jushin 'Thunder' Liger & Shinya 'Togi' Makabe - IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles - (NJPW 09/12/2000)

iTHttOirXUZV3.gif

The Korakuen Hall crowd have always loved an underdog, especially when they kick ass and show a ton of fire like Togi Makabe does here. Minoru & Koji are absolutely BRUTAL in their treatment of him, but Makabe is just relentless and won't back down. Liger gets in and starts palm slapping bitches left and right, by Koji takes out his leg and it's all down to young Makabe to defeat the jr. heavyweight champions. The crowd are going absolutely frigging nuts by the finish, which some may find a bit near-fall heavy, but you have to remember that Makabe's still a young lion here, so in puro logic he's only doing half damage.

picture perfect Reich Suplex.

lol, i tune in to TLC as AJ is coming out to no reaction whatsoever. "a draw" this chick is.

XShagrath

and it looks like he's coming to Evolve or DG USA sometime soon because I'm sure WWE will only allow him to take indie bookings for a short run before signing him.
That'd be great if he's on that next set of EVOLVE shows. I'd really like to see a "real" Davey Richards match live just one time.

Osamu Nishimura vs Koji Kanemoto - G1 Climax XIV Block B Match - (NJPW 08/04/04)

i1a830zr3fYMG.gif

Some excellent mat wrestling here from the master Nishimura and the upstart Kanemoto. Koji's incredibly cocky right from the very start and, although Nish would prefer a gentlemanly wrestling contest, Kanemoto is insistent on wrestling the match exactly how he wants to, which means a ton of strikes. Surprisingly, Kanemoto controls for the majority. He punishes Nish with a series a devastating kicks and works over his leg, setting up for the ankle lock and it seems that the veteran has been outclassed, but as is to be expected, Nishimura always has a few tricks in reserve.

Wrestling has ALWAYS been high school bullshit. It's no wonder the fans are immature when there's about a thousand stories of wrestlers acting like children.

It's why I like Nash so much. Guy seemed above it all which makes everyone go 'oh he had an ego.' I'd have an ego too if I was getting paid and not dealing with you little fucking kids and your WRESTLERS COURT

Nash has the invaluable gift of knowing that wrestling is fake. smartest man in the business.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The formation of the NWO match was the last time a handicap match was the best match on the card, and that's only if you discount Hogans two moves in the ring.

strobogo

Banned
The formation of the NWO match was the last time a handicap match was the best match on the card, and that's only if you discount Hogans two moves in the ring.

I have a hard time believing anything was better than Ric Flair vs Konnan, Mongo vs Joe Gomez, DDP vs Jim Duggan, or the Nasty Boys vs Public Enemy in a dog collar match. Let's not get ridiculous. Those are 4 of the best matches of all time.

Top Bottom