• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Wait a minute, AJ risked her career because someone said something disrespectful to Punk? A guy who'll likely dump her soon?

What a mark.

Koji Kanemoto vs Yuji Nagata - G1 Climax XVI - (NJPW 08/12/2006)

Oh, this is all kinds of awesome - Kanemoto has 4 points at this stage, two victories and a loss, to Nagata's 3 points from one victory a loss and a draw. Despite that, Nagata is decidedly the favourite. Things start out amicably enough with some great back and forth mat wrestling, before Kanemoto decides to kick it up a notch. As expected, this doesn't sit too well with Nagata. Kanemoto has the agility and the striking ability, but Yuji has the strength and the experience and proceeds to fuck shit up, mercilessly tearing Kanemoto to pieces with some vicious knees and an array of suplexes and backdrops. Nagata is a massive dick to Kanemoto in this one and all the while Kanemoto sells the injured arm Nagata tweaked in the opening minutes of the match and continues to do so throughout. The crowd respond perfectly, getting well behind Kanemoto as he shows his fire and desperately tries to make a comeback, which leads into a great finishing sequence. If you like your wrestlers to be grumpy, kicky and fairly hard-hitting, I'd make some time to watch this match, it's real good fun.

iS2e7T9Uz3Yt.gif

G-Fex

Nah, if it was A-Ry it would have contained a story about how he had to have a strong word with Jay Leno once because he looked like he was flirting with The Miz. Because Riley was with Miz on the main roster once upon a time. Oh the stories he can tell.

I want the shoot interview now damnit

Great timing botaaay. After Japanese audio wrestling did a retrospective on kanemoto i have been meaning to watch some more matches

Oh nice, I'll have to listen to that - I'm not as familiar with Kanemoto's work as I'd like to be, as I didn't really follow New Japan too closely in the mid-00's, just NOAH and some Dragon Gate mostly.

Love his match with Fujita from '09, though;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBtrfA9eV-s

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wait a minute, AJ risked her career because someone said something disrespectful to Punk? A guy who'll likely dump her soon?

What a mark.

How he doesn't come off as a creepy scumbag to every woman in that locker is hard to understand. I guess with the other main eventers taken they gotta settle on old man Punk

Xater

So who do you guys think they will put the new belt on tonight? I think it's going to be Cena, no particular reason why.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
How he doesn't come off as a creepy scumbag to every woman in that locker is hard to understand. I guess with the other main eventers taken they gotta settle on old man Punk
He's an asshole in a professional locker room, so guys won't whoop his ass, and he's a min eventer. To a girl like AJ, who's never been popular before wrestling, he must seem incredibly cool.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
So who do you guys think they will put the new belt on tonight? I think it's going to be Cena, particular reason why.
I'm hoping that they'll reveal that the belts got lost, and Kane will have to go on a search for them that will lead him all over the world, only to return months from now with a long beard, and then realize that he left them back in the closet at the arena for safe keeping.

Son Of D

So who do you guys think they will put the new belt on tonight? I think it's going to be Cena, particular reason why.

Orton due to shenanigans. Then they'll make it look like Cena will win the Rumble, maybe even being the last man eliminated by the winner. Then HHH will make the Elimination Chamber match determine the third man in the Mania main event which Cena wins. Then he goes on to Mania where he loses when Bryan makes Orton tap to the Yes Lock. Then as Bryan celebrates Punk comes down with the newly unified IC/US title and they hug as confetti flies down.

Ok it turned into a fanfic/rehash of WM20 at the end, but I can see everything up to EC happening.

Gonna go grab some snacks for the PPV. I'm thinking a 99¢ Arizona Arnold Palmer, Nacho Doritos, a Subway sub, and some type of chocolate pastry or cookies.

G-Fex

Gonna go grab some snacks for the PPV. I'm thinking a 99¢ Arizona Arnold Palmer, Nacho Doritos, a Subway sub, and some type of chocolate pastry or cookies.

damn I wish I remembered to go buy some stuff.

I'd love to buy some combos for the PPV. especially pizza flavored combos.

Kaladin

Gabe Sapolsky has talked to Davey Richards for the first time since their fallout....

So last night Davey Richards and I talked both on and off camera at the CZW Cage Of Death. Off camera, there was really nothing to note. On camera, we did a "Face Off" that will be a bonus on the RF Video Davey Richards shoot interview. We did reveal a lot in that shoot and went over our entire falling out. We also confronted each other on some issues. A lot of it has never been public before. Anyway, later in night I was doing a Book It Cam with AR Fox when Davey walked in. I'm debating on whether to release this or not because it does open up a can of worms. What do you think?

and it looks like he's coming to Evolve or DG USA sometime soon because I'm sure WWE will only allow him to take indie bookings for a short run before signing him.

somedevil

You haven't noticed that from how they handle their own primetime TV?

Hell this has been going on since the Attitude era. Jericho was bullied by DX when he arrived and got heat for cutting a promo on Undertaker that was telling the truth about how bad his promo was.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wrestling has ALWAYS been high school bullshit. It's no wonder the fans are immature when there's about a thousand stories of wrestlers acting like children.

It's why I like Nash so much. Guy seemed above it all which makes everyone go 'oh he had an ego.' I'd have an ego too if I was getting paid and not dealing with you little fucking kids and your WRESTLERS COURT

KissVibes

Banned
Hell this has been going on since the Attitude era. Jericho was bullied by DX when he arrived and got heat for cutting a promo on Undertaker that was telling the truth about how bad his promo was.

Was it the promo where Undertaker was talking about how him and The Big Show went on some couples bike ride in the desert and Big Show was going to wear his skin?

Ithil

It's a wrestling thing, but in 2013, when WWE is a publicly traded global company with a major corporate image, this carny nonsense still permeating the TV shows and company in general is downright embarrassing.

sierra

hotel

india

echo

lima

delta

So badass. I hate that they're teasing the Shield breakup already. These guys should be the "Strike Back" ass kicking buddy squad of the WWE, and they should've kept up with the helicopter entrance gimmick, at least for some of the bigger shows.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
It's a wrestling thing, but in 2013, when WWE is a publicly traded global company with a major corporate image, this carny nonsense still permeating the TV shows and company in general is downright embarrassing.
Wait a minute, who are you guys angry at? All we've had thus far are unsubstantiated reports about how AJ confronted Beadle.

The most believable one is that AJ decided to have a quiet talk with Beadle away from everyone, but it got leaked on the internet, and it's being blown out of proportions. However, AJ could have actually started arguing loudly with Beadle and it got escalated. Either way, how is any of this the WWE's fault? These are adults have a dispute related to their relationship.

somedevil

Was it the promo where Undertaker was talking about how him and The Big Show went on some couples bike ride in the desert and Big Show was going to wear his skin?

Yep, Personification of boredom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKzpOPIil-M

True, but at least they have approved from what it was in the past. Also, wrestling is like this. Hey at least there is no stories in the WWE about wrestlers peeing on girls, wrestlers getting so drunk they try to get on a flight when its the next day.

Mengetsu

So badass. I hate that they're teasing the Shield breakup already. These guys should be the "Strike Back" ass kicking buddy squad of the WWE, and the should've kept up with the helicopter entrance gimmick, at least for some of the bigger shows.

I loved that so much. Yea I hate that they might break up soon. Them, Punk and Bryan were the glue that stuck the year together. Without them this would had been a way worse 2013.

Ithil

Wait a minute, who are you guys angry at? All we've had thus far are unsubstantiated reports about how AJ confronted Beadle.

The most believable one is that AJ decided to have a quiet talk with Beadle away from everyone, but it got leaked on the internet, and it's being blown out of proportions. However, AJ could have actually started arguing loudly with Beadle and it got escalated. Either way, how is any of this the WWE's fault? These are adults have a dispute related to their relationship.

I dislike WWE's TV conduct in general. This isn't specifically about AJ.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I dislike WWE's TV conduct in general. This isn't specifically about AJ.
I can understand that, but it seemed like you were pointing this out as some kind of example, when it clearly isn't. The other examples somedevil gave were nearly 15 years ago.

Needle just posted his

@MichelleDBeadle: (1/4) Once and once only: I've known CM Punk for years. Considered him a friend. When I saw him at the arena, I said 'hey f&$?face'. The

@MichelleDBeadle: (2/4) exact same way I talk to everyone. His girlfriend was no where near this. And I kept walking along with my assistant and two members

@MichelleDBeadle: (3/4) of WWE PR. Next thing I know, I'm being yelled at. I honestly thought it was a joke. Period. The event went on and it was amazing. So

Top Bottom