• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

UberTag

Seriously, why do they have to ruin this by Cena playing big brother?
You're supposed to revere and cheer for Cena.
All other people you may wish to root for should be secondary to him.
You should chant his name and only consider purchasing the merchandise of other Superstars if Cena's stuff is sold out.
Whenever Poochie's Cena's not on screen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Poochie Cena"?

He is the greatest wrestler of the modern era.
The most decorated WWE Superstar of all-time.
He has transcended mere mortality and you should worship him as a god as he grants the wishes of little kids while banging Nikki Bella.

Not only that but he's Dwayne-approved. And Dwayne's movies made more money at the box office this year than anyone else on the planet.

Aiii

So not worth it
You should chant his name and only consider purchasing the merchandise of other Superstars if Cena's stuff is sold out.
Whenever Poochie's Cena's not on screen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Poochie Cena"?

He has transcended mere mortality and you should worship him as a god as he grants the wishes of little kids while banging Nikki Bella.

Not only that but he's Dwayne-approved. And Dwayne's movies made more money at the box office this year than anyone else on the planet.

tumblr_mxxovi0Czp1t13q8vo2_250.gif

Too true, unfortunatly. Don't get your hopes up for a D-Bry main event spot, at best it'll be a triple threat so they can silence the chants after RR.

Xater

I hate you...

G-Fex

GI Joe 2 sucked and the rock sucks.

But I support Cena, he has my full support.

By the way, will Cena show up again at Raw next week for christmas? Who knows, I'll tune in!

UberTag

tumblr_mxxovi0Czp1t13q8vo2_250.gif

Too true, unfortunatly. Don't get your hopes up for a D-Bry main event spot, at best it'll be a triple threat so they can silence the chants after RR.
If D-Bry wins the title, it will be because Cena delivered most of the damage.
Or it will be like Summerslam where Cena was injured and not 100%.
Or he'll win and then get it snatched away just as quickly due to shenanigans because it's fun to troll the fans.
Or he'll win because he turned heel and had to cheat.

El Deejnerico murders some poor fool;

im98uOvDaggTA.gif

It's funny, whenever Deej comes out and cuts a rambling promo in CZW or books himself to go over, I generally have no time for it. But in wXw with the German fans taunting him continually? He makes for a great shit-head heel. wXw should book him solely to drop scrubs on their head and lariatooooooo them to death, because he's pretty great at it;

iDkiipb8k70Si.gif

G-Fex

This will only lead to more homophobic or sexist jokes though.

Nah he's not bad like the crock.

Cena used to be very funny for promos, even post word life cena.

he's gotta bring that silliness out again.

Him and Orton can be a silly face/heel like that of Brock and Angle.

Aiii

So not worth it
I dunno, I haven't had that many issues with him lately though I'll give him that. His improv is undeniable top notch, guy knows how to work a crowd.

However, just seeing HBK and Punk have fun together on the mic you can tell what a difference top tier promos versus guys like Cena make.

Orton just shouldn't be on the mic. Ever.

G-Fex

I dunno, I haven't had that many issues with him lately though I'll give him that. His improv is undeniable top notch, guy knows how to work a crowd.

However, just seeing HBK and Punk have fun together on the mic you can tell what a difference top tier promos versus guys like Cena make.

Orton just shouldn't be on the mic. Ever.

Punk? He callin people toolboxes again?

Orton's a guy who could really benefit from a good manager. Shame WWE don't give two shits about managers any more - even someone with a fraction of Heenan's talent could do wonders for some of the more awkward talkers on the roster.

*edit, really though, it's the lengthy in-ring promos that are a big part of the problem. More backstage interviews, dammit.

strobogo

Banned
...and if Cena hadn't come out, it would've been "lol Cena's such a good babyface he lets D-Bry gets beat up."

Maybe if Orton was beating D-Bryne up. He wasn't. The match was over and Cena immediately came out. There was really no reason for him to come out other than than to be attached to the head of Daniel and that match.

Aiii

So not worth it
Orton's a guy who could really benefit from a good manager. Shame WWE don't give two shits about managers any more - even someone with a fraction of Heenan's talent could do wonders for some of the more awkward talkers on the roster.

*edit, really though, it's the lengthy in-ring promos that are a big part of the problem. More backstage interviews, dammit.

The length definitely, the location however doesn't matter.

What does matter is the amount of scripting these people undergo. Stop scripting promo's, you have most of the best talent in the world under contract, they can improv a wrestling promo damnit.

Well, I guess Triple H can't, so that's why the company is the way it is about this.

jred2k

Maybe if Orton was beating D-Bryne up. He wasn't. The match was over and Cena immediately came out. There was really no reason for him to come out other than than to be attached to the head of Daniel and that match.

Cena came out for the save because Bryan got hit in the balls. Cena has decided that since he doesn't want a kid he has to protect Bryan's nuts so that Nikki could still get a niece or nephew. The end of Raw was actually in the Total Divas universe.

Aiii

So not worth it
Cena came out for the save because Bryan got hit in the balls. Cena has decided that since he doesn't want a kid he has to protect Bryan's nuts so that Nikki could still get a niece or nephew. The end of Raw was actually in the Total Divas universe.

Perfect. Don't change a thing, book it.

strobogo

Banned

ibqCHvlpjp4xF7.gif

Ithil

Nah he's not bad like the crock.

Cena used to be very funny for promos, even post word life cena.

he's gotta bring that silliness out again.

Him and Orton can be a silly face/heel like that of Brock and Angle.

Just a few months ago he said he was able to pick his opponent for Summerslam, he said he could pick Michael Cole, but wouldn't because "you fight like a girl" which simply baffled me as a thing they would have him say, in that company, in this year.

tekkemsmile_by_misterweyla.gif

Vee_One

I tried to watch TLC - honestly I tried guys.

I got to the Bryan match but couldn't do it. Is it worth watching?

At least I didn't see Orton/Cena

Aiii

So not worth it
I tried to watch TLC - honestly I tried guys.

I got to the Bryan match but couldn't do it. Is it worth watching?

At least I didn't see Orton/Cena

The first two matches (yes, that's right, watch the women's match) and the Bryan match. Skip the rest.

Penguin

The length definitely, the location however doesn't matter.

What does matter is the amount of scripting these people undergo. Stop scripting promo's, you have most of the best talent in the world under contract, they can improv a wrestling promo damnit.

Well, I guess Triple H can't, so that's why the company is the way it is about this.

Which... I think just flies in their face at times.

Look at how HBK and CM Punk perfectly played the crowd last night.. Organic, natural and it felt genuine.

Not forced or trying to get through talking points.

I loved CM Punk's, "I'm sure I'll wrestle more than one more match!"

Xater

Look at how HBK and CM Punk perfectly played the crowd last night.. Organic, natural and it felt genuine.

Hey HBK's reaction to the "You sold out!" chant was also great.

Aiii

So not worth it

There are some wrestlers who they trust enough to only give talking points and let them improv the rest, it's quite noticable who they are though and who just cuts promo's straight from the script.

bjork

In-ring promos need to be done away with because they devour so much airtime. Unless you've got something like Piper's Pit (no, Miz TV isn't it) that's in the ring, either catch the guys backstage or go full retro and have them greenscreened in front of their logo like the late 80s. When I read a report and a promo gets more text than an actual match, which is how it always is, that's bad.

strobogo

Banned
I think they should do in ring interviews. Not guys come out and talk 20 minutes, but TO THE MEAN GENE type stuff. I don't know why they got rid of those pretty much everywhere.

For sure. let people do more quick promos to build up their characters and get them over. right now they have to rely on commentary to go "well, xavier woods is kinda into the 90s"

The thing I absolutely can't stand is the show opening with an in-ring promo, then someone comes out to object, then an authority figure arrives (if they aren't the ones cutting the promo in the first place) and makes a match for later in the show. It happens ridiculously often, to the degree that it's a rarity if they start a show with actual wrestling.

jmdajr

In-ring promos need to be done away with because they devour so much airtime. Unless you've got something like Piper's Pit (no, Miz TV isn't it) that's in the ring, either catch the guys backstage or go full retro and have them greenscreened in front of their logo like the late 80s. When I read a report and a promo gets more text than an actual match, which is how it always is, that's bad.

Heck for awhile there all I would do was fast forward matches to get to promos.

bjork

I think they should do in ring interviews. Not guys come out and talk 20 minutes, but TO THE MEAN GENE type stuff. I don't know why they got rid of those pretty much everywhere.

I'd be into it if they did it taped and could cut to the interview immediately. I don't need to see so and so causally stroll to the ring, save that for PPVs. On a live show, it's just an excuse to deny people storylines because "we don't have enough airtime to feature everyone."

Heck for awhile there all I would do was fast forward matches to get to promos.

Congratulations, you are history's greatest monster.

Top Bottom