• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
The Christmas and New Years RAWs tend to be terrible. Almost non-canon episodes.

QI4KQ.gif

Anth0ny

Final match was really good. Loved the finish besides Cena getting involved. Thank fuck Authority/Shield/Wyatts didn't show up.

I wonder how they ruin this one.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's probably been done (and if anything I'm missing a few) a dozen times between TNA and WCW on TV.

and it entertains me every single time.

Zep

Banned
Loved how they cut off the giant swing because everyone knows Cesaro is NOT doing that to Henry they're saving it for the Royal Rumble!

They really need to do that again.

charsace

I wonder if Vince and H don't realize that they are making Bryan look bad with the current booking? This is like having the Rock play little brother to Stone Cold. Just fucking stupid. They have turned Bryan into a smiling wimp. And the WWE must also not realize that making someone Cena's little brother and have Cena steal their shine ruins people in the end. They are gonna Zack Ryder or Barrett this situation.

UberTag

I wonder if Vince and H don't realize that they are making Bryan look bad with the current booking? This is like having the Rock play little brother to Stone Cold. Just fucking stupid. They have turned Bryan into a smiling wimp. And the WWE must also not realize that making someone Cena's little brother and have Cena steal their shine ruins people in the end. They are gonna Zack Ryder or Barrett this situation.
Are you asking this question sincerely?
Of COURSE they realize what they're doing.
They've been successfully undermining the pushes of anyone that threatens the status quo of the main event scene for over the past 5 years.

The one thing that isn't going according to plan is that D.Brine's still managing to stay over despite the booking sabotage. That likely means he'll carve out a permanent main event spot over time ala CM Punk once this hazing process has been fully completed provided that he plays ball and doesn't threaten the established order of Cena, Trips, Orton, Taker, Trips' friends and Vince's fixation of the month. If they weren't so afraid of losing his precious merch money, they'd have shaved him and turned him heel by now.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
holy shit

the opening segment when Orton came out was so lol

Booker T was clapping like he's still kissing up to the same people that fired him.
Sandow gave no fucks since he trolled Orton earlier this year.

Are you asking this question sincerely?
Of COURSE they realize what they're doing.
They've been successfully undermining the pushes of anyone that threatens the status quo of the main event scene for over the past 5 years.

Please, I've been reading conspiracy theories about how people are being held down since the mid-90's. Except in those cases, the people being "held down" weren't in PPV and TV Main Events, making lots of money off merchandise, and hooking up with a Diva.

UberTag

Please, I've been reading conspiracy theories about how people are being held down since the mid-90's. Except in those cases, the people being "held down" weren't in PPV and TV Main Events, making lots of money off merchandise, and hooking up with a Diva.
There are different stages of being "held down". Some guys are more held down than others and some just sabotage themselves by running out of patience. D.Brine's doing quite well for himself. But is he being intentionally curbed below the guys in the tier above him? Of course he is. This isn't a conspiracy so much as simple locker room politics being played out. You don't get to hang with the big boys until you lose to them all repeatedly for months and years regardless of how over or how talented you may be. Even Triple H went through this when he spent a year jobbing out to the likes of Henry O. Godwinn, Savio Vega and a past-his-prime Ultimate Warrior.

Unless you get elevated prematurely for political reasons (i.e. Sheamus, Del Rio, etc.)

There are different stages of being "held down". Some guys are more held down than others and some just sabotage themselves by running out of patience. D.Brine's doing quite well for himself. But is he being intentionally curbed below the guys in the tier above him? Of course he is. This isn't a conspiracy so much as simple locker room politics being played out. You don't get to hang with the big boys until you lose to them all repeatedly for months and years regardless of how over or how talented you may be. Even Triple H went through this when he spent a year jobbing out to the likes of Henry O. Godwinn, Savio Vega and a past-his-prime Ultimate Warrior.

Unless you get elevated prematurely for political reasons (i.e. Sheamus, Del Rio, etc.)

I don't think Bryan is being 'held down.' I just think the current WWE is bad at booking outside of their relatively narrow worldview. If you look like Sheamus, you have an either path than if you look like Daniel Bryan. It's not fair, but it's still better than 10 or 15 years ago when Bryan never would've gotten even a look in the WWE.

I think if you talked to Bryan, he'd laugh at the idea he was being held down. People on the Internet probably care far more about his individual wins and losses than he does.

UberTag

I think if you talked to Bryan, he'd laugh at the idea he was being held down. People on the Internet probably care far more about his individual wins and losses than he does.
This is undoubtedly true.

There's very little care invested by anything in the WWE outside of brand promotion, individual match efforts by the talent, back-end production (the recap package guys deserve a raise), advertiser solicitation and merchandising initiatives.

Certainly not in booking. Certainly not in commentary. Certainly not in Creative.

I do feel they do a decent job of cultivating talent in NXT and their performance center prior to guys being elevated to the main roster - even if that talent is largely squandered once they arrive.

G-Fex

HAHAHAHA Cena and Vince mumbling shit

and Cena talks too much great stuff.

Also, anyone here play Just Cause 2 Multiplayer? It's amazing

UberTag

damn we're in for 10 more years of Cena based on his rationale for not wanting kids.
Considering that Kane is only 3 days shy of being 10 years older than Cena, you're probably right.

20 title reigns is a foregone conclusion.
Whether Cena legitimately puts anyone over before he retires remains to be seen.
Probably not so long as they don't want to risk any of that merch money drying up.

damn we're in for 10 more years of Cena based on his rationale for not wanting kids.

I was hoping for a second generation Cena superstar. Also, lol at him burying all multi-generational superstars,

"I've seen those kids, and I've seen how they turn out."

Sorry Orton, Axel, Rhodes, Goldust, Usos, Natalya, Wyatt, Tamina, Mysterio...

KissVibes

Banned
Cena is going to be tag champ and either IC or WWE WHC at the same time multiple times next year.

I was hoping for a second generation Cena superstar. Also, lol at him burying all multi-generational superstars,

Did he really say he didn't want kids because he didn't want wrestling kids? FFS.

If that's why he doesn't want kids, I can sorta respect that.

KissVibes

Banned
Cena probably looked at Hogan's shitty spawns and didn't want that.

Also, Cena will never retire. He's gonna be just like Hogan. Only he'll never do an interesting thing and turn mega heel. He'll just keep towing the company line, keeping people like Bryan down enough notches so they can't grab his spot.

Vince will probably put it in his will that nobody is allowed to replace Cena.

It's pretty amazing.

Cena buried all of his kayfabe opponents over the years.

Buried an entire generation of wrestlers in a worked shoot reality show.

And he buried any potential future offspring from seeing the light of day, and possibly surpassing him in the WWE.

Gotta love him.

Hogan only turned heel because it was effecting his bottom line (ie. merchandise sales) and he was getting booed completely in WCW strongholds. If Hogan was selling Cena-levels of merchandise in 1996 WCW, you're damn right he never would've turned.

Wait a second. Now, a true statement from Cena (lots of kids of wrestlers have f'd up lives) is now proof he's holding people down.

As for keeping Bryan down, Cena's the guy that put over Bryan in the middle of the ring. Can you imagine Hogan ever going down clean in the middle to a knee strike from a 210 pound guy with a beard? In addition, according to all reports, he was the guy who made sure Vince didn't lose his top during the last RAW before TLC, then went out and cut one of the best promos of the year.

Aiii

So not worth it
WWE has made me so sour over the past few months I can't even enjoy not-so-bad Raw's anymore.

Except for Total Divas, that's boss. Show of the year.

Top Bottom