• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
It's the WWE fan cycle. Someone needs to make something akin to the Kofi clock with these on the clock:

"I'M DONE!"
"HOPE!"
"Stupid commentary!"
"WWE ruins everything!"
"It's getting good!"

Well it's almost time for Mania and soon after that will be June. I mean the worst has got to be over right?

Right?!

Cena was right there at the end to remind you that there's no fun allowed

Honestly, I had no problems with Cena trying to help out Bryan tonight. Plus he got hit with an RKO which is always nice to watch.

A lot of people talk about how good Orton is in the ring when he wants to be or is working with good opponents. In 2011, he was definitely the in ring performer of the year for WWE, having great matches with basically the entire Smackdown roster who were no where near him in terms of WWE hierarchy. When he's doing shit like having to work with Cena (because they have no chemistry and you would think 14 boring matches would be enough proof to not book the match anymore) and be a side player in the main storyline while being the champ, he can be ultra boring. When Randy wants to prove something, he's pretty amazing in the ring. Especially as a guy who has only been in the WWE system.

This is pretty much how I feel about Orton. He's really won me over these past couple of years. I was really hoping he'd have a decent match with Cena last night despite their past matches but unfortunately that wasn't the case. My fault for getting my hopes up.

BbptP_NCAAEHyqY.jpg

UberTag

Elimination Chamber match for #1 contender to the Undertaker's streak.

It's easy, you don't even have to do a build for the PPV. Just have six guys come out, announce that they could probably beat the streak, and then boom. impromptu chamber match. Then whoever wins gets the opportunity to face Taker, and you're set til Mania!
That's actually... a really cool premise.
But who would you include seeing how Cena and D.Brine are already excluded from consideration?

I'm guessing Brock. CM Punk. Reigns. Ambrose. Big E Langston. Mark Henry. Does that work?

Ithil

So it was a pretty good RAW overall, plenty of rematches from the PPV of course but most of the matches got good time and the main event was great. Not a whole lot happened story wise, but I understand why since the next few weeks are going to be taped Christmas shows while the roster gets their holidays, so why start a load of angles now?

They'll start the build to the Rumble with the first 2014 RAW, I expect.

Ithil

The Rumble, since about 2007 (and with the exceptions of 2011, and arguably 2012) has become more of a thing that main event guys win, instead of guys on the rise. So I wouldn't be surprised if WWE want to give Punk a Rumble win, just so he can have won one.

Punk winning the Rumble is only acceptable if Bryan would have the title at Mania.

Punk winning the Rumble, to me, is like Han Solo fighting Darth Vader. Sounds cool but it just doesn't seem right.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
You know, if there's only one World title now, is there really a need for two Elimination Chamber matches? They'll probably stick with just one for the title.

Bowser

You know, if there's only one World title now, is there really a need for two Elimination Chamber matches? They'll probably stick with just one for the title.

Well if there's one champion, then why would there even been a chamber match? Royal Rumble winner gets the WM title shot.

That's why people are thinking of a chamber match for the right to break Taker's streak which is a good alternative IMO

I don't understand the point of Bad News Barrett.
Okay if he actually had matches and cut one of those cheap heat promos beforehand I could understand to some degree yet he currently exists to do nothing but the promo and not wrestle at all, it's all building towards nothing with no momentum.

How the hell did we go from Nexus leader to this?!

I think the gimmick could work with the right theme music.

I was kinda joking with the Taker thing - it's like when they had a Fatal Four Way to decide the #1 contender last year. I guess it just depends on what story they try to tell.

What I took away from Raw is that whatever the opposite of "picturesque" is, that's what CM Punk's elbow drop should be described as. Terrible. He's routinely ruining one of my favorite moves with a tribute to one of my favorite wrestlers. Punk pls

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Well if there's one champion, then why would there even been a chamber match? Royal Rumble winner gets the WM title shot.

That's why people are thinking of a chamber match for the right to break Taker's streak which is a good alternative IMO

Honestly I think they should ditch the chamber. Maybe have it next year to determine Taker's opponent then ditch it. In fact ditch TLC, Extreme Rules, and HIAC too. I don't think they should shoehorn the main event into these type of matches.

Vylash

Honestly I think they should ditch the chamber. Maybe have it next year to determine Taker's opponent then ditch it. In fact ditch TLC, Extreme Rules, and HIAC too. I don't think they should shoehorn the main event into these type of matches.

Bring back the Championship Scramble

UberTag

If this ends up being Taker's last Wrestlemania, then he'll have to fight someone big. I still think Taker will wrestle a few more Wrestlemanias before he retires.
I dunno. I've been told by lots of people that Brodus is a big guy. Bigger than Chris Hero. Almost as big as The Big Show.
Is this code for you think he should face The Great Khali?

Top Bottom