• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
I dunno how the Rumble will shake out. I can't help but feel HHH will be one of the final four, and come in at 30.

It'd set up a good Mania feud for the two to have Bryan at #1, HHH at 30 and HHH toss out Bryan in a dastardly way.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I dunno how the Rumble will shake out. I can't help but feel HHH will be one of the final four, and come in at 30.

It'd set up a good Mania feud for the two to have Bryan at #1, HHH at 30 and HHH toss out Bryan in a dastardly way.

This would be great. Have #30 be somebody like Heath Slater and have Hunter just take him out on the ramp so he can replace him with himself just so Bryan doesn't win.

Bryan
Ziggler
Sheamus
Cena

Punk is fighting Orton for the title, HHH screws Punk out of the match, Punk faces HHH at Mania
Cena beats Orton at EC
Cena/Bryan II at WM 30 (Cena taps. It's the only place where it makes sense)

Bryan enters first.

jmdajr

Wow yeah, that ain't bad either. Get HBK involved with Punk and boom DX tag team match vs the GOATs at WM.

I want this match

Mania
Rock vs Cena thrice in a lifetime
DX vs GOATS
Wyatts vs Shield
Taker vs Lesnar

..but Orton???????? so not sure since relevant again

edit: ziggler darkmatch/internet pre-show

Entropia

No One Remembers
irSEuUjQA6KpL.gif

What is happening exactly ...?

strobogo

Banned
I might have to do a 2005 WWE show now.

Taboo Tuesday
No Mercy
Unforgiven
GAB
Summerslam

What is happening exactly ...?

The Dudleys came out to retire, but they wanted one last match with the champs, which were the MCMG. Taz said there was really no reason for the Guns to take that match since they are the champs and facing a retiring team really has no benefit and all risk for them. Tenay went insane about how stupid that was because the Guns can prove themselves against the best team ever and it would be crazy to NOT want that match. Taz started drowning him out and Tenay just turned away and pissed. It was hilarious and super awkward. They got heated as fuck.

strobogo

Banned
I want to review one of the shows that stro has reviewed. I feel that he is too critical. Wrestling is fun!

I'm not too critical. I just watch a lot of not fun stuff because I get more enjoyment of shitting on stuff if I'm doing a review. When I do watch good shows, they're very positive reviews.

jred2k

I don't know if I could be paid to watch Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch.

That SummerSlam has "WHERE THE FUCK IS VICKIE" and Hogan vs. HBK. Those might be overdone, but it would be funny to see stro's review of those.

somedevil

Raw viewership for 12/16 Raw:

Hour 1 - 4.417 million
Hour 2 - 4.297 million
Hour 3 - 3.886 million

Avg: 4.2 million

Decent amount of viewers with the usual decay throughout 3 hours. To bad they don't give out quarter hours to see how well the Orton vs Bryan match did.

jred2k

Jinder was #27 last year, hes my dark horse this year.

It'd be great if 3MB tried to enter several times with different gimmicks. Kind of like Kai En Tai.

jmdajr

The Rumbles during the New Generation era were something else. I had no fucking clue who half those dues were.
(maybe an exaggeration but felt like it)

Vince sure did his best to sell them.

charsace

In ring promos still best for business

They were when they didn't run 20+ minutes every time and had guys that could carry them. Cena, Orton, Bryan, etc. can't carry a 20 minute promo. And they always break kayfabe, cheapening the effect of do so every time it happens. When Rock did the shoot on Austin after the last time Austin said fuck it to a story line and sat at home, it was powerful and great material for their build up to WrestleMania 19. Now guys are using breaking kayfabe as a crutch to get an reaction.

jmdajr

They were when they didn't run 20+ minutes every time and had guys that could carry them. Cena, Orton, Bryan, etc. can't carry a 20 minute promo. And they always break kayfabe, cheapening the effect of do so every time it happens. When Rock did the shoot on Austin after the last time Austin said fuck it to a story line and sat at home, it was powerful and great material for their build up to WrestleMania 19. Now guys are using breaking kayfabe as a crutch to get an reaction.

4.417 million!!!1

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The avatar removed thing doesn't mean shit. It's just a bug with the Gaf forums. Guys get permed and still have their avatars, you can get banned for 3 days and lose your avatar.

Still fuck. It means what you all think it means.

I might have to do a 2005 WWE show now.

Taboo Tuesday
No Mercy
Unforgiven
GAB
Summerslam

The Dudleys came out to retire, but they wanted one last match with the champs, which were the MCMG. Taz said there was really no reason for the Guns to take that match since they are the champs and facing a retiring team really has no benefit and all risk for them. Tenay went insane about how stupid that was because the Guns can prove themselves against the best team ever and it would be crazy to NOT want that match. Taz started drowning him out and Tenay just turned away and pissed. It was hilarious and super awkward. They got heated as fuck.

Strobuguu~ you should go for Taboo Tuesday. Those fan-voted matches have potential to be garbage.

Do Taboo Tuesday. I only say that because I went to that ppv.

Just finished watching Raw (couldn't watch it live bc i had to watch the lions choke away another season). RANDY ORTON was awesome. His promos are top notch now, he's clearly put in a lot of effort into improving on the mic. I love how despite being a bad guy he doesn't take shit from HHH/Steph either. I guess you'd call him an anti-villain. Just beautiful.

The main event was great. Both Orton and Bryan were at the top of their game. Crowd loved it too.

And the finish was perfect... Obviously you're not going to have a title change that huge on Raw the day after a PPV so I liked this ending. Punch to the balls is a better heel DQ ending than walking back up the ramp because it's out of nowhere and brutal, while walking up you can see it coming a little bit.

And then finally, a gorgeous RKO on Cena. I watched that a few times, beautiful RKO. I legit thought Cena was just in there to do his thing and have Raw end on his music.

The rest of Raw sucked, bottom line. Orton carried the entire show and did it well, then both him and Dbry gave us a great main event.

somedevil

No idea what the AJ Styles situation is but he's confirmed to be in Preston on the 1st March

Here is his current situacion:

Regarding a discussion on last night's Wrestling Observer Radio, we can confirm that AJ Styles and TNA are in negotiations for a new deal. There have been rumors over the last 48 hours that a deal has already been signed but we cannot confirm that. Styles has at least nine independent bookings between now and March, so one way or another he's far from unemployed.

Also, why they did the stupid selfie thing:

The selfie gimmick by the announcers on Raw was Vince McMahon's personal outrage over Barack Obama taking a selfie during Nelson Mandela's funeral. Vince was a big Mandela supporter and is not a fan whatsoever of Obama.

Vince :/

Top Bottom