• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

charsace

First off, fuck CZW.

Secondly, D-Bryne just assuming Cena will get a title shot and win before him is lame as fuck.

WWE has turned everyone who isn't a heel feuding with Cena into betas. One thing about the attitude era is that guys had their personalities that remained the same no matter what there spot was on the card. When Jericho was on the midcard and first got thrown into the ME is character didn't change. He was still cocky and wasn't looking for someone to win so that they could give him a fair shot. Ever since Bryan has been in the ME they dropped the aggressive, little man complex side of his character.

Rapstah

Not that anyone watches Main Event, but Mick Foley is upset as hell on Twitter over something they did. I'm curious to know what.

charsace

Question guys, which Wrestling Move (or Finisher) would cause the most damage in a real life fight?

I've always wondered if I ever got in a real life fight and tried to Super Kick someone in the face, how much that would do. :p Would a DDT onto concrete kill someone?

Seems like the GTS would murder someone, or at the very least break a ton of shit (and probably your knee) if real life.

Better to ask which moves are actually usable in real life. Ironically the figure 4 can be used in grappling defensively and to get a sub.

WWE has turned everyone who isn't a heel feuding with Cena into betas. One thing about the attitude era is that guys had their personalities that remained the same no matter what there spot was on the card. When Jericho was on the midcard and first got thrown into the ME is character didn't change. He was still cocky and wasn't looking for someone to win so that they could give him a fair shot. Ever since Bryan has been in the ME they dropped the aggressive, little man complex side of his character.

Aaaaaand that's what I'm hoping out of this Wyatt program. A more aggressive, take no prisoners, Daniel Bryan. Bray Wyatt is like this existential meta-character ala Abed from Community where he just calls out all the bs that Bryan went and currently is going through and all the bs in wrestling in general. This is definitely something too deep for the monkeys at WWE Creative to think about or there's just too many hurdles (i.e. Vince) to get that angle take that direction.

Or maybe my fantasy booking is just too pie in the sky but seriously, all the teases of Bryan/Wyatt has to lead to this.

Xater

Some News:

So No matter how over they are and how much merchandise they sell they will never be what Vince wants. He got to get over this but he won't.

Reigns is going to beat Kane rumble elimination record but hopefully he won't win it. Its too early.

I hate this obsession with "the look". If they are good and people like them they should be pushed.

Not that anyone watches Main Event, but Mick Foley is upset as hell on Twitter over something they did. I'm curious to know what.

I was there at the taping, but I have no idea what he means by a "full reveal".

Maybe they explicitly mentioned that Santa is Foley this time. Though I honestly don't remember if they actually did that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
1238078_159609654244789_1440210974_n.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
AJ just did a submission sleeper hold on Kaitlyn and both Alex Riley and Josh Matthews are calling it the Black Widow.

Repeatedly.

For longer than a minute.

Way to suck at your job guys, no wonder you're stuck on Main Event. Josh Matthews gets credit for blaming Alex Riley at the end for incorrectly calling it and throwing him off. No wonder what he was doing before.

G-Fex

AJ just did a submission sleeper hold on Kaitlyn and both Alex Riley and Josh Matthews are calling it the Black Widow.

Repeatedly.

Way to suck at your job guys, no wonder you're stuck on Main Event.

say it to his face!

Son Of D

Some News:

So No matter how over they are and how much merchandise they sell they will never be what Vince wants. He got to get over this but he won't.

Reigns is going to beat Kane rumble elimination record but hopefully he won't win it. Its too early.

I can definitely see Reigns beating Kane's 11 man record. He'll make it to the final 4 as well I bet but will get eliminated by Ambrose running in for whatever reason (unless Ambrose is also one of the final 4).

G-Fex

I realized something.

If Scott Steiner was in that speeddating commercial it'd be over.

Baby you can have my room number.

UK magazine PowerSlam have released their 2013 Top 50 Wrestlers, which is based on in-ring performances;

1. Kazuchika Okada
2. Hiroshi Tanahashi
3. Daniel Bryan
4. Shinsuke Nakamura
5. Tomohiro Ishii
6. Randy Orton
7. CM Punk
8. Prince Devitt
9. Katsuyori Shibata
10. Kota Ibushi
11. Austin Aries
12. Shingo Takagi
13. Hirooki Goto
14. Bully Ray
15. Ricochet
16. Kurt Angle
17. Akira Tozawa
18. Masato Yoshino
19. CIMA
20. Seth Rollins
21. Minoru Suzuki
22. Tetsuya Naito
23. Naruki Doi
24. Bobby Roode
25. Matt Jackson
26. Nick Jackson
27. Kevin Steen
28. Dean Ambrose
29. Masato Tanaka
30. Antonio Cesaro
31. AJ Styles
32. Roman Reigns
33. Yuji Nagata
34. BxB Hulk
35. KENTA
36. Karl Anderson
37. Dolph Ziggler
38. Jeff Hardy
39. Alberto Del Rio
40. Michael Elgin
41. Brock Lesnar
42. Adam Cole
43. Davey Richards
44. Kenny Omega
45. Kris Travis
46. Jay Briscoe
47. El Ligero
48. Christopher Daniels
49. Sami Zayn
50. Cody Rhodes

Jamie OD

UK magazine PowerSlam have released their 2013 Top 50 Wrestlers, which is based on in-ring performances;

1. Kazuchika Okada
2. Hiroshi Tanahashi
3. Daniel Bryan
4. Shinsuke Nakamura
5. Tomohiro Ishii
6. Randy Orton
7. CM Punk
8. Prince Devitt
9. Katsuyori Shibata
10. Kota Ibushi
11. Austin Aries
12. Shingo Takagi
13. Hirooki Goto
14. Bully Ray
15. Ricochet
16. Kurt Angle
17. Akira Tozawa
18. Masato Yoshino
19. CIMA
20. Seth Rollins
21. Minoru Suzuki
22. Tetsuya Naito
23. Naruki Doi
24. Bobby Roode
25. Matt Jackson
26. Nick Jackson
27. Kevin Steen
28. Dean Ambrose
29. Masato Tanaka
30. Antonio Cesaro
31. AJ Styles
32. Roman Reigns
33. Yuji Nagata
34. BxB Hulk
35. KENTA
36. Karl Anderson
37. Dolph Ziggler
38. Jeff Hardy
39. Alberto Del Rio
40. Michael Elgin
41. Brock Lesnar
42. Adam Cole
43. Davey Richards
44. Kenny Omega
45. Kris Travis
46. Jay Briscoe
47. El Ligero
48. Christopher Daniels
49. Sami Zayn
50. Cody Rhodes

For those who don't read the magazine, barely an issue goes by without the editor mentioning how crappy Cena's offense is, how overrated Jericho is or how much of a cheapskate Foley is. At least one of the three (usually Cena) gets mentioned every single issue!

I hate that the WWE is gonna make me hate Roman Reigns. :(

I can't wait until Cena befriends him to leech of his rising face star power, he'll go to bat for Reigns getting him a title match on an upcoming episode of Raw and run down to save him from an inevitable post match beatdown, it's gonna be swell.

I'd love to see a promotion based around that top 10, though. Daniel Bryan vs Tomohiro Ishii feud, please.

Hansey said:
Cena has crappy offence... Then rates Orton #6.

OK THEN.

I'm not much of an Orton fan, but he does have one of the best scoop powerslams in the business for my money. Can't say the same about any of Cena's moves - it is kinda ridiculous not to include him, though. Hell, Bully Ray's in there.

I'm thinking about a 2007 show.

Backlash 2007: Team McMahon vs Lashley, Batista vs Taker, Cena vs HBK vs Edge vs Orton

ONS: RVD vs Orton, Hardys vs WGTT Ladder match, Lashley vs Vince, Edge vs Batista cage match, Cena vs Khali

GAB: Carlito vs Sandman cane on a pole match, JoMo vs Punk, Orton vs Dusty bull rope match, Cena vs Lashley

No Mercy: Orton vs HHH, HHH vs Orton, HHH vs Youmanga, Punjabi Prison match

Or maybe a 2008 show:

Armageddon: Punk vs Rey, Cena vs Jericho, Batista vs Orton, Jeff vs Edge vs HHH (Plus Chinese Democracy as the theme song)

Unforgiven: Scramble matches, HBK vs Jericho street fight

Or maybe a suggestion.

Was that the GAB after a certain someone died?

Sokantish

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Pretty sure he's FE'd. He's been gone for a LONG time.

RIP in piece, Bangia-o. Hopefully there's no rap cars wherever you went.

Ithil

Repeatedly.

Way to suck at your job guys, no wonder you're stuck on Main Event. Josh Matthews gets credit for blaming Alex Riley at the end for incorrectly calling it and throwing him off. No wonder what he was doing before.

Still better than Tony Dawson, who on his last NXT tapings, in the span of a minute, called a bulldog a DDT, a spinebuster a suplex, a suplex a slam, and asked Regal what a rear chinlock does (you know that thing where they wrap their arm around a guy's neck and squeeze).

Though Alex Riley is (reportedly) a trained wrestler, so him not knowing any moves is especially absurd.

Top Bottom