• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Alucard

Banned
Okay, that match delivered. The two Hardy spots were sick, and now we've got a heel stable of Dixie, EC3, Spud, and Magnus...although it's weird that Magnus automatically joined them after fighting EC3 during the match. I liked the camera angle of him going up the ramp and kind of "joining the dark side," though. I guess he saw his chance, took it, and was thankful to those who made it happen for him.

I can't find the Alberto Del Rio Torn Groin face pic

6o6YdAG.jpg

ibya2MOHqKNw31.gif

Alucard

Banned
EC3 looks mad salty

How did Magnus turn heel when the heel owner was trying to stop him?
[/logic]

Yeah, that was slightly weird, but I look at it this way:

-Magnus was pissed that they were trying to stop him.
-Dixie and co. changed their minds about backing Hardy and opened the door for Magnus by pushing Hardy off the ladder.
-Magnus said "fuck it" and joined the dark side because it meant his dream of becoming champion would come true.
-We see that Magnus doesn't have a strong moral character, but that he's willing to do what it takes to win.

Curious to see how Magnus is on the mic after this, and how he explains himself.

An okay Impact in my books, with a very good main event that pushed it over the edge just enough.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Yeah, that was slightly weird, but I look at it this way:

-Magnus was pissed that they were trying to stop him.
-Dixie and co. changed their minds about backing Hardy and opened the door for Magnus by pushing Hardy off the ladder.
-Magnus said "fuck it" and joined the dark side because it meant his dream of becoming champion would come true.
-We see that Magnus doesn't have a strong moral character, but that he's willing to do what it takes to win.

Curious to see how Magnus is on the mic after this, and how he explains himself.

An okay Impact in my books, with a very good main event that pushed it over the edge just enough.

It's almost like The Rock's title run during Survivor Series 98.

Alucard

Banned
It's almost like The Rock's title run during Survivor Series 98.

I was starting to check out around that point, so I don't remember much.

Raw and Impact both had very good main events this week. It was a good week for wrestling.

My main issue with Impact right now is that there seem to be too many segments, so it comes off a bit choppy. The live shows are always better.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I was starting to check out around that point, so I don't remember much.

Kane and Undertaker double pinned Austin at the September ppv

Vince said it was no champ

October ppv ended up with Austin screwing up the title match

Same PPV, Shamrock/Mankind/Rock had a #1 contenders steel cage match in which Rock won.

This was Rock's transition from being a cocky heel to a fan's favorite

During the build up for the WWF title tournament, Vince was screwing around with The Rock because Vince hated the people.

Vince made Rock wrestle his way into the tournament. At the same time, Vince seemed to be backing Mankind.

They met in the tournament finals where Rock won and sold his soul to Vince just for the title.

strobogo

Banned

Hardy has take a lot of really rough bumps even for him over the past year and half or so. What's really crazy is I don't recall him really ever being injured. Wiki says that he left WWE to heal, including a neck injury and herniated discs. Has he ever taken off for injuries besides that? He shouldn't even be able to walk. He should be in worse shape than Edge. Now that I think about it, I don't really recall the Dudleys ever being out with injuries either. That must mean Canadians are pussies.

Penguin

2013 Survivor Series with Big Show vs Randy Orton as the main event was the least-ordered Survivor Series since the early 90s

Here are just the past 10 years of WWE Survivor Series buyrates:

2013 – 179,000 buys (early estimate)
2012 – 208,000 buys
2011 – 281,000 buys
2010 – 244,000 buys
2009 – 225,000 buys
2008 – 319,000 buys
2007 – 325,000 buys
2006 – 383,000 buys
2005 – 400,000 buys
2003 – 325,000 buys

The final buyrate will be revealed when WWE reports the official Q4 2013 earnings results in early 2014.

What the hell was 2010.. I know 2011 was Rock/Cena... hmm

Alucard

Banned
Twitter messages from Impact tonight:

Magnus: I told you all...seize the day! I'm not a puppet. You people all chanting and buying t shirts are the puppets! I'm the World Champion.

Rockstar Spud: fans should be very proud there is a man who ALWAYS goes out there & puts his body on the line...That man is @RockstarSpud

I'm entertained.

Kaladin

How does U-Stream work on an ipad? I ask because I'm going to be away for all of the New Japan shows this month and I'm thinking of grabbing them.

Xater

I gave up on TNA 3 months ago, I'll try it again in a year or two, see if things changed.

Stopped watching TNA when they brought in Christian and made him the champion. All the shit I heard later I apparently didn't miss much.

jred2k

I watched TNA for the first time in a while last week. Anybody saying TNA is good right now just has drastically lowered expectations, I think.

Dixie sucks, Magnus is a bore, EC3 stinks on the mic and goes on forever, those Rockstar Spud segments are fucking atrocious and numerous. Meanwhile the soundtrack to this is Tenay and Taz with a dead crowd. Its all just low-rent garbage. As bad as WWE's booking is, at least they have some people that can do math and make sure people in a tournament have the same amount of matches.

strobogo

Banned
I had a dream I got banned, and in the absence of Sunny and myself, Bootaaaaaaaaay ran a take over angle.

If I didn't get a concussion yesterday, I think I got whiplash. My neck is so stiff. I can only turn it about 25 degrees to the left and maybe 50 to the right. Even less to move up or down. Both shoulders hurt, but my right is tingly. Slight movements can make my whole body hurt. It hurts a lot.

strobogo

Banned
I don't run it. But Sunny was out and then I went out and Bootaaaaay decided to take shit over properly. A Nazaaay led Wrasslegaf would be terrible. Young Bucks and death match gifs exclusively.

Kaladin

I had a dream I got banned, and in the absence of Sunny and myself, Bootaaaaaaaaay ran a take over angle.

With Sunny banned, the good ship WrassleGaf Express goes back to me. We're starting 2014 off in style.

Even if Sunny don't agree, yall know I make good OTs.

Top Bottom