• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

tm24

I have both the Joe vs Necro matches in my future ROH/CZW feud recap! Watched those yesterday and god these matches are amazing, along with Ki/Necro

strobogo

Banned
They still sell VHS? Damn. I bet those late 90's, early 2000's IWA Mid South tapes are just flying off the shelves.

Also, what a dilemma...go without Joe vs Necro, or give Ian Rotten some money.

Oh it is no dilemma for me. I'm never giving Ian Rotten money.

I have both the Joe vs Necro matches in my future ROH/CZW feud recap! Watched those yesterday and god these matches are amazing, along with Ki/Necro

I remember when Necro Butcher seemed like the coolest thing. Even Hollywood Dylan Summers was a cool idea.

Necro Butcher was amazing at one point - he just had an aura of "this guy's gonna murder someone or die trying", much like classic Homicide. Speaking of which, I wonder if anywhere ran a Necro vs Homicide match when both guys were still good?

*edit, they had two singles matches - both in ROH, although I don't remember either so they can't have been great. Real shame that match wasn't booked somewhere sleazier.

Necro Butcher was amazing at one point - he just had an aura of "this guy's gonna murder someone or die trying", much like classic Homicide. Speaking of which, I wonder if anywhere ran a Necro vs Homicide match when both guys were still good?

*edit, they had two singles matches - both in ROH, although I don't remember either so they can't have been great. Real shame that match wasn't booked somewhere sleazier.

I perversely want to see this Go Shiozaki vs. Necro Butcher match from ROH Ring of Homicide 2 in 2008.

I also want to track down this Yoshiaki Yago vs. Necro Butcher match from Chikara Tag World Grand Prix 2006.

Edit: We should all remember his run as C.P. Munk too.

tm24

Oh man, Necro vs Homicide from Ring of Homicide is really great. It is one of the hottest crowds ROH has had. The prematch stuff is insane with a short Joe/Necro match before shit gets crazy and the KoW comes out to level Joe, leading to Whitmer/Pearce and another incredible brawl. There's a crazy spot that lays out RoH which leads to a fucking rabid crowd chanting Homicide and then Homicide lays out the KoW and we get a brawl between Necro/Cide. The spot you remember from the match is the RoH crowd aping ECW and throwing chairs in the ring and then Necro and Cide just brawling on the debris. There's a weak finish, but everything leading up to it is so good

Oh man, Necro vs Homicide from Ring of Homicide is really great. It is one of the hottest crowds ROH has had. The prematch stuff is insane with a short Joe/Necro match before shit gets crazy and the KoW comes out to level Joe, leading to Whitmer/Pearce and another incredible brawl. There's a crazy spot that lays out RoH which leads to a fucking rabid crowd chanting Homicide and then Homicide lays out the KoW and we get a brawl between Necro/Cide. The spot you remember from the match is the RoH crowd aping ECW and throwing chairs in the ring and then Necro and Cide just brawling on the debris. There's a weak finish, but everything leading up to it is so good

Ah, that's right. I remember now, that was a real crazy visual - iirc, one of the cameraman gets hit pretty hard with one of the chairs. I also really liked the Whitmer vs Necro no-rope barbedwire match that finished off the ROH vs CZW feud.

tm24

Top 5 Necro Butcher matches

1. Necro vs Super Dragon. Guerilla Warfare PWG Battle of Los Angeles 2006 night 2
2. Necro vs Samoa Joe. IWA:MS Something to Prove
3. Necro vs Low Ki. IWA:MS We're no Joke
4. Necro vs Homicide ROH Ring of Homicide
5. Necro vs Chris Hero European Rules match IWA:MS No Retreat... No Surrender (I havent watched this match in forever and not sure if it's good, but worth a watch just to see Necro wrestle)

Honorable Mention since it's not just Necro: Candice LaRae, Chris Hero & Necro Butcher vs. Claudio Castagnoli, Eddie Kingston & Human Tornado PWG All-Star Weekend 6 Night 1
Necro vs Whitmer No Rope Barbedwire Match ROH War Of The Wire II

Kaladin

At one point, I felt like Necro Butcher could be the next Mick Foley. I saw him live in Full Impact Pro a couple times. Hell, he participated in one of the my favorite matches that I've seen live against The Briscoes w/ Mad Man Pondo. He also had a very good FIP Title match against Roderick Strong during that run....that was a fucking brawl that ended with Strong making him tap over a chair with the Strong Hold.

Rapstah

The Cody Rhodes/Goldust entrance theme remix sucks so much and they're never fixing it as this point since they're clearly breaking up very soon. God damn it.

Strobogo, where would you rank Titus Sinclair in terms of the amount of GMs that WCW and WWE have had? Up there with Johnny Ace? Down there with Teddy Long?

I finally got around to starting to watch BOLA 2013*

Weirdly enough I think I enjoyed Drake Younger vs Joey Ryan more than any of Younger's Guerilla Warfare matches. That's not to say it was a better match, I think it's just that now that I've come around to really really liking Younger I don't want to see him murder himself all the time.

For those who haven't seen it:
Drake sets up what looks to be a thumbtacks spot but instead of thumbtacks he pours out a bag of Jolly Ranchers "Hardest of all hard candies". Joey Ryan steps things up by getting way more hardcore and pours out a bag of Lego. Drake wins with Drake's Landing on the Lego

It's a spot that normally would have been super cheesy and ill-fitting for a PWG show, but having come off some of the bloodiest matches in the companies history I was just happy to see Younger having fun. It says a lot for Younger (and even Callahan as well) as I thought they were both just useless smutty deathmatch wrestlers prior to this year.

*I'm really far behind on PWG and haven't even gotten into Night 2 of BOLA.

DominoKid

Would be worth watching as a sordid spectacle to see Cena and Rock sell the Hulking up offence from a nearly immobile Hogan at the same time and of course Cena being put over to the nth degree now with a double arm raise on the ramp.

i'd quit watching wrestling again.

strobogo

Banned
Only because that was like the visual definition of witnessing broken down drug addicted conmen desperately clinging onto their past.

ibg8RfXfqOPcnG.gif

ibz7wPqvea4oL6.gif

Rapstah

Smackdown highlight (from the future if you're watching it in the US): Cena's selling. He sells like "I'm going to do everything like I normally do except half as fast while doing the robot".

bjork

Smackdown highlight (from the future if you're watching it in the US): Cena's selling. He sells like "I'm going to do everything like I normally do except half as fast while doing the robot".

This is what I noticed in some recent clip I saw, too. At first I wondered if it was some televised rib, but I guess that's how it is now.

strobogo

Banned
Backlash 2009?

The Legacy vs HHH/ Batista/Shane McMahon
Edge vs John Cena
Matt Hardy vs Jeff Hardy
Chris Jericho vs Ricky Steamboat

Breaking Point 2009?

Kofi vs Miz
Taker vs Punk submission match
DX vs Legacy submissions count anywhere
Kane vs Khali Singapore cane match