• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

somedevil

Chris Hero (Kassius Ohno) revealed in his newest RF Video shoot interview that Triple H and John Cena are high up on WWE NXT star Enzo Amore. Amore is a product of DeFranco's Gym in New Jersey, where Triple H and Stephanie McMahon regularly train. Enzo has been out of action since November with a broken leg. It was reported he would be out of action for 6 months.

Good news for Enzo to have these two backing him because he is there best comedy talent right now.

Rapstah

Maybe NXT is just a perfect storm of the backstage people happening to like the same people as the audience. It's all falling apart.

strobogo

Banned
It's really fun. You're going to love Vincent.

I feel bad for Vinnie. He's got this hot girlfriend who is angry, won't fuck him, and yells at/embarrasses him in public on the reg. Dude is nothing but good to her and she's a full on cunt to him. Season 2 should have him go with Naomi off screen while Naomi is doing an on screen thing with Xavier Woods, and see how Jon flips out about both of them.

Ithil

Good news for Enzo to have these two backing him because he is there best comedy talent right now.

Ohno revealed a shit load of stuff in his shoot interview. Lots of good stuff about NXT.
Triple H is in the Vince position at gorilla for the NXT tapings, alone, so you can see the major change.

Also, when Ohno and Cesaro were getting signed, Triple H sat down to talk with them and said that they were not going to be coming as the Kings of Wrestling, even though Triple H liked their team, because Vince doesn't like tag teams and thinks they're a waste. Same with managers. Vince thinks the money and time is better spent on singles stars.
Judging by the manager heavy NXT, and the current tag team revival on RAW, I think Triple H feels differently.

Xater

Enzo is awesome. The bit with English this week was great.

On an unrelated note, I am watching Final Battle and this crowd is fun. Chanting asshole to one of their own after he threw a streamer during a match. I also kinda enjoy Maria as a heel. Way better than what they did with her in WWE.

Ithil

To be fair, there is a "tag team revival" every other year or so and it never lasts more than a few months.

That is also a Vince thing. Former writers have talked about how Vince changes his mind rapidly from week to week. For a month he'll want to push the women's title, then he'll lose interest and want a tag team revival. Then he'll suddenly want a push of some mid carder.

We've heard for years that Triple H is a big tag team fan and has wanted a proper division this whole time. This current revival comes as he continues to get more and more power, so I'd say it's driven by HHH this time. There really are a lot more tag matches now, and a lot of tag teams, with NXT beginning to groom new ones. I think this is only meant to be the foundation for the tag divison anyway, the WON has said HHH wants to give it a big push in 2014, so this is only the beginning.

Triple H is a big NWA fan in general, so think 80s tag team wrestling.

Xater

Ohno revealed a shit load of stuff in his shoot interview. Lots of good stuff about NXT.
Triple H is in the Vince position at gorilla for the NXT tapings, alone, so you can see the major change.

Also, when Ohno and Cesaro were getting signed, Triple H sat down to talk with them and said that they were not going to be coming as the Kings of Wrestling, even though Triple H liked their team, because Vince doesn't like tag teams and thinks they're a waste. Same with managers. Vince thinks the money and time is better spent on singles stars.
Judging by the manager heavy NXT, and the current tag team revival on RAW, I think Triple H feels differently.

Heard also something about Hero teaching Kofi in doing heel promos.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Triple H is great at creative when he stays behind the scenes. The moment he feels like he needs to be an on screen character, though, things fall apart.

strobogo

Banned
Allegedly, HHH doesn't want to be an on screen character and it is Vince who keeps wanting him on TV and in matches. I'm not sure I believe that.

strobogo

Banned
WHAT IF:

I do a show from every major promotion over the past 20-30 years? AWA, XPW, Zero One, AJPW, joshi promotions, CMLL, ROH, PWG, and so on.

Pavaloo

On an unrelated note, I'm finally gonna watch the first episode of Total Divas.

Only gets better from here!

In regards to Triple H's on-screen character, I really freaking like him and Steph doing their thing. I seem to like a lot of stuff E does though so I guess take my words with a grain of salt. But I enjoy Steph so much and Hunter trying be like "hey I'm not a bad guy" is so fun to me. People keep repeating "best for business" in jest, but I think it's a testament to Hunter's experience. He turned the common internet meme about him "THIS BUSINESS" into his infinitely repeatable catchphrase.

and I'll say it before and I'll say it again about Rocky:
WWE needed him, he never needed to come back at all. Tamina Snuka owes her recent push and movie role to him too.

strobogo

Banned
I feel like we should have some kind of pizza or booze fund to help you.

I'm down for that. But there aren't that many major companies. In the US, there really aren't many major companies even if you are generous with definitions. And I've already done WWE/TNA/WCW/ECW/ROH/CZW. So that really only leave XPW/AWA/Mid South/PWG. Maybe Memphis if I can find a full show.

Making the case for IWA Japan;

igDsYIMPqUHiw.gif
ibiM8kvQr6rIJx.gif
ibjMJMcgij3OAk.gif

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Total Divas S01E01:

-Brie talking how about Nikki deserved the car Cena bought her. DESERVED. #richpeople

-Natalya getting excited when the Bella's were up when she was supposed to be upset at them taking her WM spot. #whatiskayfabe

-Divas talking about how important wrestlemania is when diva matches are usually placed as a bathroom break slot. #gottapee

-Naomi talking about how she only possibly has 4 years with WWE left because she wants to have kids and she'd be 30, 4 years from now, meanwhile Layla(36) is behind her comforting her. #rudetocougars

HE'S FAT. Why hasn't an indie booked Steiner vs Steen? Why hasn't PWG booked it? We need a Twittah campaign to Excalibur.

It's been a long held dream of mine that ROH would sign Steiner - I'd totally watch ROH TV if I knew I might get a rambling Steiner shoot promo or Steiner murdering scrawny jobbers.

strobogo

Banned
It's been a long held dream of mine that ROH would sign Steiner - I'd totally watch ROH TV if I knew I might get a rambling Steiner shoot promo or Steiner murdering scrawny jobbers.

I'd rather him be in PWG because ROH is fucking lame and TV would have him tamed down. I want him in PWG saying completely crazy shit with Excalibur laughing his ass off and maybe a Screwdriver to one of the Young Bucks.

I'd rather him be in PWG because ROH is fucking lame and TV would have him tamed down. I want him in PWG saying completely crazy shit with Excalibur laughing his ass off and maybe a Screwdriver to one of the Young Bucks.

This. Cause I'd be in the crowd yelling and then he'd hopefully make fun of me and call me fat.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Batista isn't coming back to fight Brock or Orton.
He wants a match vs. The Rock

tm24

I can tell you right now that Excalibur loves Scott Steiner and would kill to have him at a pwg show

Verendus

Banned
I heard Batista is coming back? This is true? Brotista returns? The Animal? Spotlight please?!

Gonna watch the WWE again for a little while if true.

Also, Orton being the first person to unify the titles...I don't even know. I was expecting reading a little of the current events would probably be mundane, but it turns out mundane and stupid.

Verendus

Banned
Mandatory:

fywSnD7.gif

A friend mentioned going to Wrestlemania 30, I might just be interested now. May as well go to one wrestling event in my life; I missed The Rock's return so this will be the next best thing.

Top Bottom