• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

DMczaf

Picture+6.png

Stro, thank you for being an amazing historian.

I wish I would have spent all those Mondays picking up chicks because this was a much more efficient way to enjoy wrestling.

strobogo

Banned
Stro, thank you for being an amazing historian.

I wish I would have spent all those Mondays picking up chicks because this was a much more efficient way to enjoy wrestling.

Honestly, the last 2 weeks of 1999 were as bad as the Summer of 1999. 1999 over all was better than 1998 and way better than 2000, but when it was bad, it was THE WORST. I remember why I completely gave up on WCW as a kid. The only reason I saw most of the 1999/2000 PPVs was because I had an awesome local video store that had a giant wrestling section, which had pretty much every WWF/WCW PPV going back to WM1. That's not an exaggeration. They had every VHS for nearly 20 years. It was awesome. I wish I had bought all those tapes when they went out of business. It was no joke. It was a whole wall devoted just to wrestling. And a few feet away was the most massive horror section I've ever seen in any video store. That place was amazing.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Admit it Stro, you want to do the New Generation.

One hour RAWS, 5-6 PPVs the first few years. Some incredibly bad gimmicks, Vince/Macho/whomever the fuck on commentary.

strobogo

Banned
I don't at all want to do any years of shows right now. Not even of stuff that is guaranteed to be good. That one Russo Nitro pretty much killed my life long love of wrestling. You could give me nothing but a year's worth of nothing but 5 star matches and I wouldn't want to review them right now. It's going to take a break and NXT to rekindle my wrasslin spirit. I thought 2000 killed it. I thought 1998 killed it. I thought the Summer of WCW 1999 killed it. The last 2 weeks of WCW 1999 might have actually killed my wrestling spirit forever.

Alucard

Banned
I don't at all want to do any years of shows right now. Not even of stuff that is guaranteed to be good. That one Russo Nitro pretty much killed my life long love of wrestling. You could give me nothing but a year's worth of nothing but 5 star matches and I wouldn't want to review them right now. It's going to take a break and NXT to rekindle my wrasslin spirit. I thought 2000 killed it. I thought 1998 killed it. I thought the Summer of WCW 1999 killed it. The last 2 weeks of WCW 1999 might have actually killed my wrestling spirit forever.

tumblr_m3sfa60izd1qgmo5fo1_1280.jpg

We need you, buddy! We need you! Take a break and come back to us when you're ready.

Alucard

Banned
So I take it RAW was shit again?

Naw. It had some nice moments. Punk showed more fire in his opening promo than he has since the Brock feud, The Shield and Rhodes Show put on a very good match, and Bryan had a good match against Rowen (Rowan?), which was followed up by a creepy Bray Wyatt pre-recorded promo on the big screen. Good Raw IMO.

XenoRaven

I didn't really know how to feel about stro saying Natalya sucked because everyone was so high on her and I hadn't seen a lot of her matches. Two years ago, some people were saying she was better than Beth Phoenix. Based on that rollup on AJ I now agree with him.

strobogo

Banned
I didn't really know how to feel about stro saying Natalya sucked because everyone was so high on her and I hadn't seen a lot of her matches. Two years ago, some people were saying she was better than Beth Phoenix. Based on that rollup on AJ I now agree with him.

I know what I'm talking about. I've seen a whole lot of bad wrestlers and Nattie is one of them.

Kaladin

I know what I'm talking about. I've seen a whole lot of bad wrestlers and Nattie is one of them.

Nattie gets off on her lineage, her looks and being barely capable in the ring. She's better than the worst diva wrestlers and she's somewhere between bad and decent in my book. She would be at her worst if she was given a long main event level match.

strobogo

Banned
But...THE DUNGEON! HART! DAUGHTER OF THE ANVIL! WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, STRO?!

Anvil was a terrible wrestler when he wasn't teaming with Bret or Owen. It makes sense to me that the worst peripheral Hart family member would have a kid that isn't that good at wrasslin.

Nattie would be greatly aided by being in the ring with people who can actually work instead of models who are trained to simulate wrestling.

Kaladin

Anvil was a terrible wrestler when he wasn't teaming with Bret or Owen. It makes sense to me that the worst peripheral Hart family member would have a kid that isn't that good at wrasslin.

Are we counting the Hart family members who wrestled at Survivor Series that year?

strobogo

Banned
Disagree because she's looked terrible even against good female wrasslers in the past nearly 5 years.

Are we counting the Hart family members who wrestled at Survivor Series that year?

Yes. Even Bruce and Keith were better than Anvil. Anvil was a terrible pro wrestler when he didn't have Bret or Owen leading everything.

UberTag

At least Nattie's Sharpshooter is better than The Rock's.
Nattie and The Miz should have a competition to see who can do the Figure 4 better.

To be fair, it's not like she has any incentive to improve in the ring.
She's been on the main roster for the past 5 years and has barely shown any degree of improvement.
If Cena can go out every week and coast while getting progressively worse at what he does, why can't Natalya?
Seems like a double-standard.

strobogo

Banned
You aren't going to convince me that Nattie doesn't suck. She's attractive and comes from the Hart Family. That's it. She may have done good stuff before she's come to WWE, but she's been terrible in WWE even with capable opponents. She's like a female, Canadian Sin Cara.

Kaladin

You aren't going to convince me that Nattie doesn't suck. She's attractive and comes from the Hart Family. That's it. She may have done good stuff before she's come to WWE, but she's been terrible in WWE even with capable opponents. She's like a female, Canadian Sin Cara.

I'm not saying she doesn't suck. I'm just saying she's better than the worst divas, and at best capable in the ring. She's not always bad though, and at times can appear to be able to work with what she's given in a match.

I doubt you'd see Nattie doing a sunset flip like Summer Rae attempted tonight.

Kaladin

The only divas that can really wrestle now are in NXT. AJ can wrestle, but she's not given much to work with these days.

So I've been watching Nikita on Netflix lately, and Michael totally snapped a dude's neck using a piledriver towards the end of season 2. Looked nasty as hell. I marked out pretty hard.

Top Bottom