• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
tumblr_mym9npCfQX1qzuc5oo3_400.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
So, I still for the life of me can't figure out why The Bellas aren't portrayed as heels. Or at least Nikki. I can sorta understand them turning Brie because of Daniel Bryan and because she was challenging for the title against AJ. But I swear to christ I can hear the crowd audibly turning on her every time she yells "BRIE MODE" in that shrieking voice thing she does.

I guess it's just another example of WWE just not wanting to realise that there need to be clearly definded characters on the show, preferable ones that are natural fits for the people portraying them. It's just weird, The Bella's are natural heels, they completely own the "popular stuck-up high school cheerleader"-type, why would you go against that and try to force them to be faces? It's never going to work.

Hasney

Buried?

It will likely pop a rating the new years Raw would normally never get.

While true, I'd have rather have gone in not knowing since I would've watched anyway and it'd have been a nice surprise. Might give it a miss since I'm assuming that'll be the biggest thing that happens this week. Can't imagine anything else of note happening to overshadow that.

Hasney

Not going to lie - I'll mark out of Hulk Hogan returns as a surprise entrant at this year's Royal Rumble.

Isn't his back completely fucked to the point where he can't even go over the top rope now?

Actually not a problem for Hogan since he's probably come back to win the thing anyway.

Ithil

So, I still for the life of me can't figure out why The Bellas aren't portrayed as heels. Or at least Nikki. I can sorta understand them turning Brie because of Daniel Bryan and because she was challenging for the title against AJ. But I swear to christ I can hear the crowd audibly turning on her every time she yells "BRIE MODE" in that shrieking voice thing she does.

I guess it's just another example of WWE just not wanting to realise that there need to be clearly definded characters on the show, preferable ones that are natural fits for the people portraying them. It's just weird, The Bella's are natural heels, they completely own the "popular stuck-up high school cheerleader"-type, why would you go against that and try to force them to be faces? It's never going to work.

They have the insane notion that because Total Divas has decent ratings for an E! show, with a good lead-in, it means all of their fans worldwide love the Bellas and want to cheer them.
Same reason they made the retarded move of making the "Total Divas" a stable, even though that goes against the very point of the reality show.

Alucard

Banned
Jay Briscoe has challenged Adam Cole for the January 4th show in Nashville. He's putting his redneck title on the line and says Cole doesn't have to put up his own championship...because Briscoe doesn't really recognize it as valid.

This is a good, intense promo from Briscoe. Some eighties shit right here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KksUxaSMB28

images

This is a good way to continue to put Cole over and likely liquidate Jay's belt. I'm assuming Hardy will get involved, which will set up a Jay Briscoe/Matt Hardy match in the future.

Current Ring of Honor card for January 4th in Nashville:
-Jay Briscoe vs. Adam Cole for Jay's belt
-AJ Styles vs. Roderick Strong
-Chris Hero vs. Kevin Steen
-Tommaso Ciampa vs. Silas Young
-Appearance by Rowdy Roddy Piper (will be doing autographs too)

I'm sure we'll get a tag match announced in the coming days. ReDragon vs. somebody. I'm hoping it'll be Adrenaline Rush, and that they give Adrenaline Rush the belts.

Aiii

So not worth it
Yeah, I might have to go back to it as well, things sure seem to be looking up lately and Hero and Styles being there definitely seems like a good place to pick things up.

Still can't decide what's more stupid, WWE letting Hero walk or TNA letting Styles go.

Probably TNA given how much AJ Styles was synonymous with TNA.

Alucard

Banned
I think I'm going to be picking up ROH again in 2014. It's been a while.

They look set to have a really good 2014 if they don't lose any of their top stars to WWE or TNA. I really like the ROH roster right now, and it looks like they're going to have some more interesting things going on in the coming year.

Alucard

Banned
Yeah, I might have to go back to it as well, things sure seem to be looking up lately and Hero and Styles being there definitely seems like a good place to pick things up.

Still can't decide what's more stupid, WWE letting Hero walk or TNA letting Styles go.

Probably TNA given how much AJ Styles was synonymous with TNA.

Lots of rumours flying around that this is still a long con and that AJ will magically reappear after finishing up his indie tour in the first quarter of 2014. I'd mark out if that happened, but I'd also be happy to see AJ land a permanent spot on the ROH roster if that's something that would at all be possible.

Lots of rumours flying around that this is still a long con and that AJ will magically reappear after finishing up his indie tour in the first quarter of 2014. I'd mark out if that happened, but I'd also be happy to see AJ land a permanent spot on the ROH roster if that's something that would at all be possible.

You'd really think that's where it was all going, just a shame no one will really notice.

Snaku

Banned
Isn't his back completely fucked to the point where he can't even go over the top rope now?

Actually not a problem for Hogan since he's probably come back to win the thing anyway.

As completely absurd as that would be, I'd legit mark out if he were to win just from the sheer implausibility. Five year old Hulkamaniac Me would get a kick out of it too.

Just noticed No Holds Barred is getting a bluray release in March. A sign?

Guzim

As completely absurd as that would be, I'd legit mark out if he were to win just from the sheer implausibility. Five year old Hulkamaniac Me would get a kick out of it too.

Just noticed No Holds Barred is getting a bluray release in March. A sign?

25th anniversary! Hogan vs Zeus!

somedevil

The UFC community was had:

MMAFighting.com reports that the rumors of Brock Lesnar possibly returning to UFC appear to just be a publicity stunt to drum up hype for his upcoming WWE return,
which will happen on tonight's live RAW from Richmond.

Their sources within WWE note that WWE has had plans for Lesnar to return on the
December 30th RAW
for some time. A WWE spokesperson told the site:

Aiii

So not worth it

Three reasons I doubt that.
1. Ring of Honor is TNA's main competition and televised.
2. Ring of Honor would not play along with TNA if it doesn't benefit them
3. JJ quit the company out of nowhere just as AJ's negotiation falls through.

TNA also has a history of fucking things up. I'm sure their intention was for AJ to keep working for them for half the pay, they just didn't expect him to go "screw this, I don't need you as much as you need me, bye!"

krae_man

The rumors of who Brock will be feuding with are a huge letdown if true. He should be doing something more important then feuding with a random mid card guy.

DMczaf

Brock's return has been worth it for the Punk program alone. Cena match was also good, despite the bullshit finish and Cena's shitty promo after the match.

somedevil

The rumors of who Brock will be feuding with are a huge letdown if true. He should be doing something more important then feuding with a random mid card guy.

Are you talking about his opponent tonight or the one that issued a challenge to him for next weeks Raw? That would be an unique match to have to elevate a new guy since Reigns is going to break Kane's record at the Royal Rumble.

Kaladin

I actually like it. That's been my main complaint about both Brock and Rock in their returns that they haven't faced lower level talent at all. This should be good.

KissVibes

Banned

Dude, he's killing all the monsters (read: bigger guys) because theres one he wants to face at WrestleMania.

MASON RYAN

BROCK F5's everyone tall and strong to prove he's the biggest monster on the block. The Undertaker shows up. Boom. Taker vs Brock at WM30.

OR maybe all the Brotista vs Orton talk is a swerve and it's going to be The Animal vs The Beast

Xater

Jay Briscoe has challenged Adam Cole for the January 4th show in Nashville. He's putting his redneck title on the line and says Cole doesn't have to put up his own championship...because Briscoe doesn't really recognize it as valid.

This is a good, intense promo from Briscoe. Some eighties shit right here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KksUxaSMB28

Man I love the Briscoes.

Also I can't watch Brock without a shirt. As soon as I see his dumb ass tattoo I can only fixate on that on think about how stupid and ugly it is.

Will ROH do IPPV in the future?

Or can you download their PPV?

They do iPPVs, they also have VODs and DVDs.

Did anyone ever find out why Cena cut that promo?

He was probably going to try and save his marriage and leave for a while, but his wife probably cooked him some food without asking him first and left a glass of water on the table without a coaster. So Cena dropped her fast EVEN STRONGER

krae_man

I actually like it. That's been my main complaint about both Brock and Rock in their returns that they haven't faced lower level talent at all. This should be good.

I'd be fine with it if he was feuding with Cesaro and putting him over setting up Cesaro getting a main event push or something, but random old midcarder is pointless time stalling.

Top Bottom