• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Too bad Survivor Series is over, they could've had a team of Sin Caras. Maybe 3MB will be Tres Caras or something.

:eek:

:O

Dude, this is a joke, but I would seriously kill for 3MB to do Tres Caras.

Also, can I say that I really like 3MB's current gimmick? It's kind of a novel way to have them be sorta like "local jobbers" while still getting to have fun and show off their personality.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure if there's another wrestler with the same kind of curse Sin Cara has had the past couple of years. Botches, bad mood lighting, clones, penis shirts, injuries, and more.

Im so incredibly nostalgic for anything New Generation era. I feel like its so underutilized and never talked about compared to the Hogan and Attitude eras. I loved that era.

Rise of Bret Hart
Diesel
Razor
Owen
HBK
Yoko
Goldust
Mankind
Sparky Plugg
Mable
Sid
Ahmed Johnson
Vader
Bob Backlund
Purple Undertaker
Tatanka
Lex
Perfect
Crush
Doink

Man I loved being a kid

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
A wrasslin thread about the New Generation would be dope.

strobogo

Banned
Im so incredibly nostalgic for anything New Generation era. I feel like its so underutilized and never talked about compared to the Hogan and Attitude eras. I loved that era.

Rise of Bret Hart
Diesel
Razor
Owen
HBK
Yoko
Goldust
Mankind
Sparky Plugg
Mable
Sid
Ahmed Johnson
Vader
Bob Backlund
Purple Undertaker
Tatanka
Lex
Perfect
Crush
Doink

Man I loved being a kid

The New Generation really sucked until around the time of Goldust/Austin/Mankind. You had Bret, HBK, Owen, Kid, and Hall/Nash depending on how you feel about that. Those were dark days.

jred2k

Rise of Bret Hart
Diesel
Razor
Owen
HBK
Yoko
Goldust
Mankind
Sparky Plugg
Mable
Sid
Ahmed Johnson
Vader
Bob Backlund
Purple Undertaker
Tatanka
Lex
Perfect
Crush
Doink

Man I loved being a kid

WWFRoyalRumbleSNES.png

That was my first wrestling game and I loved it.

New genration was so bad

undertaker choking guys for 12 minutes!
Bad gimmicks galore!
Half the roster jumping to WCW!
Random ultimate warrior appearances

though we did get owen vs bret

1997 was easily the best year

Wouldn't that be a good thing? The sixth movie in most franchises suck, so RtR 1 or 2 is bound to be a helluva lot better. Maybe even good.

What? 5th movies are fucking terrible, 6th movies are usually a bit of a return to form.
Source: Rocky Balboa, Friday the 13th: Jason Lives

The New Generation really sucked until around the time of Goldust/Austin/Mankind. You had Bret, HBK, Owen, Kid, and Hall/Nash depending on how you feel about that. Those were dark days.

Dark days considering how wrestling wasn't cool in that era, but the booking and wrestling were actually pretty great.

Gave us birth of the casket match
Dual Royal Rumble winners
Birth of Ladder Match
Wasn't a finisher fest.

somedevil

WWE reported preliminary buys for October for Battleground and Hell in the Cell. Both average 167,000 buys but it looks like Hell in the Cell did over 200,000 buys.

So battleground did between 134,000 to 110,000 buys. So it bombed really badly.

New genration was so bad

undertaker choking guys for 12 minutes!
Bad gimmicks galore!
Half the roster jumping to WCW!
Random ultimate warrior appearances

though we did get owen vs bret

1997 was easily the best year

Taker choking guys was late Hogan era
Bad gimmicks DID happen and were quite funny. Hit/Miss
Roster jumping was good because most were 80's leftovers
Random Warrior just happened in 96

1997 was the best year agreed

Ithil

I like Wade Barrett. He was great running the Nexus and he is capable of good mic work, unlike so many other wrestlers. But I don't think Bad News Barrett is going to work on Live TV. Not the way they're doing it now, anyway. It's too much gimmick, not enough character.

Barrett can talk, and the Bad News format could lend itself to some good segments, but they need better material than generic anti-American heel stuff. Barrett is good at being a condescending dick, but none of that matters when the material he gets is so weak. His Bad News segments on the JBL & Cole Show were a lot funnier because they were personalized for the person he delivered them to.

It's time to inject The Shield with a lethal dose of POISON

https://31.media.tumblr.com/a8f85d9519403d13e19f6ce132a30c7b/tumblr_mwxwptGBNU1skmngoo1_500.jpg[/I[/QUOTE]

[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/4c48ff65fd84c82cf25a29c294451a50/tumblr_mx8evtJFf61sgh8r8o1_400.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm about to do the 1999 gif thread. Which gifs belong the most?

Good question. You could make a Google Doc Form and put voting in there for each. I wouldn't mind a nice vote!

A friend of mine who used to watch wrasslin' a few years back before he got tired of WWE's inept booking arrived at my house when I was half watching/fast forwarding through the final segment of Raw with Cena and Orton, "wow, it hasn't changed a bit, I swear they were doing this same shit back in 2006".
I felt almost as shamed as Professor Beef being asked about Total Divas.

Dark days considering how wrestling wasn't cool in that era, but the booking and wrestling were actually pretty great.

Gave us birth of the casket match
Dual Royal Rumble winners
Birth of Ladder Match
Wasn't a finisher fest.

You think it's great because it was the era you grew up in. In twenty years, there'll be kids talking about the good ole' days of John Cena and Randy Orton via their Brainbox.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You think it's great because it was the era you grew up in. In twenty years, there'll be kids talking about the good ole' days of John Cena and Randy Orton via their Brainbox.

But that's wrong. I was watching WCW during that era and went back later on to watch it, and it's still one of my favorite generations of wrestling. Up there with the 'boom' of indie wrestling a few years ago.

I grew up in Hogan era and fell out during New Generation. It was the Attitude era that brought me back for a while. Then I quit for most of PG era. Really only been back for a year now.

Rapstah

The three-on-one matches will probably be three-on-one tag matches. They've had several three-on-two matches over the last two months where it wasn't clear until people stepped into the ring that both teams were tagging, and those were just announced as "two-on-three handicap" matches.

This was a problem with the Battleground triple threat tag match that was actually a tag triangle match (???). They need to standardise their names for matches.

strobogo

Banned
I like how Evan sells a slap to the back like he was getting skinned more than the hilarious low blow and then how confused he gets on which attack to sell.

Nope it was a great time as well. The product was not over saturated like it is today and you only had Raw and Superstars (which showed off mid card talent? PPV's seemed like bigger events because they were only done 4X a year.

The wrestling was great and not finisher fests. Good roster, good story lines. The New Generation gets a terrible rap because many of the 80's stars jumped ship to WCW and was a "dark" time for WWF because they were trying to create the next Hogan and gets a bad rap for some of the ridiculous circus gimmicks, but I remember it for Bret, HBK, Prime Taker, Sid, Luger, Yoko, 123 Kid, Crush, Razor, Backlund, Body Donnas, Hunter, Goldust, Ahmed, Steriners, Head Shrinkers, Mr Perfect...Doink. I can go on.

Brother vs Brother feud
Double Rumble winners
Wrestlemania X title situation
Ladder matches
Casket Matches
Submission matches
KotR
Yokozuna really seemed like a legit monster heel

You never really got the idea on who was going to win or lose

Lots of new ideas in this era

Top Bottom