• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Kaladin

You think it's great because it was the era you grew up in. In twenty years, there'll be kids talking about the good ole' days of John Cena and Randy Orton via their Brainbox.

I shudder to think what wrestling would be in twenty years to make kids long for the Cena and Orton days.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn folks Gaming-Side is on edge today, people all of a sudden beat all their next-gen titles and decided to go back to attacking each other. Gotta admit some of these Nintendo threads are incredible.

TL21xx

Banned
Heh, New Generation... I actually haven't seen a ton of it, though that has a lot to do with age and not getting into the product until much later on. Might be fun check it out and write it from a fresh perspective.

And yeah, the Nintendo threads are ballistic. That's gaming-side for you.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Everyone should have fun when they play games

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I've been hanging out in DC/Marvel/Arrow-GAF threads for the last few days

Can't break my going on GAF habit, but gaming side just makes me sad these days

It's fun to get into it sometimes, then you see some fuckin WEIRD dudes doing WEIRD shit.

I think one of the big problems is people wanting to be recognized by companies that give no shits about them. Wanting to feel like they're a part of the team...but all they are are ticket holders.

Buy everything, enjoy everything, enjoy what money buys you. Whether it's love or video games or food or anything, live every day like the boss that you are. If you're a boss.

strobogo

Banned
I've been hanging out in DC/Marvel/Arrow-GAF threads for the last few days

Can't break my going on GAF habit, but gaming side just makes me sad these days

The Agents of Shield thread is as bad as anything on the site right now.

I'm starting to watch Total Divas. I'm starting from episode 8 because that's the earliest one available to me.

Oh my god, right away Anvil shows up with a popped collar. I'm sold.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
GREAT analysis by Chris Harrington on what the low PPV buyrates signal and truly mean:

http://indeedwrestling.blogspot.com/2013/12/wwe-battleground-2013-may-be-modern-wwe.html

What is clear is that Battleground bombed and Hell in a Cell recovered surprisingly well.

Interestingly, while Worldwide buys for HIAC are up (they certainly topped last year's number), domestically Hell in a Cell 2012 actually did better. Last year's Hell in a Cell PPV (CM Punk vs Ryback HIAC, Big Show vs Sheamus) had about 152,000 North American buys - this year's PPV was at least 10,000 lower domestically. (Consider, in order to hit last year's number they would have needed almost 245,000 worldwide buys which is far above this initial estimate of 205,000-225,000 buys).

Is the Sky falling? Should WWE despair for next year's Wrestlemania?
I don't believe so.

More info and breakdown at the link - it's great stuff so I don't want to post it in full. One of my favorite new writers.

Don't see what shut buys have to do with mania buys. Mania is the one ppv casuals or lapsed fans are buying and is going to be the most profitable one form
A ppv and gate standpoint . In fact cities are bidding on wrestlemania because it does such good business

C-tier nova goona get c-tier buys

Man I need to continue this Top 1500 project, just school is draining me right now, I still haven't even finished the G1 Climax from this year :(

UberTag

Is it safe to assume that Sin Cara the character will be sticking around then? I like Hunicara and would like to see him succeed.
Faux Cara / Sin Cara Negro / Hunicara getting full ownership of the gimmick is the best news to come out of yesterday's RAW.
I wish him nothing but success.

How long until Camacho gets future endeavored?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Total Divas is amazing. I can't believe I haven't been watching this.

You need to start from the start, I really recommend it. I finished the new ep today at lunch. Vincent's tryout...I couldn't help but feel DeMott was going super, SUPER easy on him.

strobogo

Banned
I am. I watched about 5 minutes of episode 8 and went to the first episode. This is so much better than the actual wrestling shows WWE puts out.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I am. I watched about 5 minutes of episode 8 and went to the first episode. This is so much better than the actual wrestling shows WWE puts out.

It really is. I don't know exactly why, there's not a simple reason. It fills the void PG-style programming leaves, and I think that's part of why I watch. The characters are interesting and engaging. It's legit funny at times - not HAW HAW HAW but it has some funny shit happen.

Plus, Brie Mode. Brie Mode is the best takeaway from the whole thing.

strobogo

Banned
It amazes me that WWE can handle more storylines on an hour fake reality show than 6 hours of actual wrestling shows per week.

strobogo

Banned
FUCK WCW FUCK THE NEW GENERATION

ipAFhGcCdAmEd.gif

strobogo

Banned
They totally should have run with the angle that Cena was worried Nikki would outshine him at WM, so he got the match cut. I feel like Total Divas is really what Russo wanted to do in 1999.

Xater

I think the only thing I enjoyed on RAW was Kane doing the yes chant to mock Bryan. That cracked me up.

I am still confused about Miz and AJ. Why the Miz thing sucks is obvious, but why would you make your heel champion not care about losing? So fucking dumb!

strobogo

Banned
Jojo is pretty cool. Nikki seems like a twat. Eva Marie seems like an idiot. Cameron is annoying as fuck. Fandango is a hilarious creep. I'd like a spin off just for him.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
What is so great about total divas? All you guys ever say is how great it is without ever explaining why.

strobogo

Banned
What is so great about total divas? All you guys ever say is how great it is without ever explaining why.

Because there are a bunch of storylines, people show 1000% more personality on it than on Raw, and it's funny seeing the clearly worked storylines taken as real.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

It really is. I don't know exactly why, there's not a simple reason. It fills the void PG-style programming leaves, and I think that's part of why I watch. The characters are interesting and engaging. It's legit funny at times - not HAW HAW HAW but it has some funny shit happen.

Plus, Brie Mode. Brie Mode is the best takeaway from the whole thing.

Vylash

Man I don't even know why I enjoy it so much, maybe because it's only an hour? But I certainly find Total Divas more enjoyable than Raw or Smackdown

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Shit writing / thinking they know better .
Look at big Es NXT/twitter compared to raw
Man I don't even know why I enjoy it so much, maybe because it's only an hour? But I certainly find Total Divas more enjoyable than Raw or Smackdown
So TD is a cohesive package because the writers are allowed constistency due to the filmed nature of the product versus the weekly on the fly booking and immature backstage politics of Raw? Might check this out, just might.

Top Bottom