• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
1713%20-%20Nikki_Bella%20autoplay_gif%20booker_t%20brie_bella%20eve_torres%20gif%20hornswoggle%20kofi_kingston%20low_blow%20r-truth%20santino_marella%20teddy_long%20the_bella_twins%20the_great_khali%20wrestlemania%20wwe%20yelling%20zack_ryder.gif

Eve's last run turned it around for me almost as much as Batista's

Striker

Big Dave got better because he became a heel. It's not just another "he's heel so the Internet likes him!" deal, because there's a ton of boring ones. Just silly he was a cookie cutter face with generic promos but once he turns against Rey and rips on Cena, he suddenly becomes 1000x more entertaining.

WrassleGAF Poll: Who has the better remixed theme?

Curtis Axel or the Rhodes Brothers
Think Axel and Real American's have the best themes.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Most divas turn heel and just go THAT BITCH IS JEALOUS OF ME or IM CRAZY and that's it. Rarely do they actually stick with it.

Ithil

The same can be said about Eve, really. Though a lot of Divas can be generic.

Face and heel divas are ten a penny. "I smile and win by roll-up" and "I am catty and win by roll-up".

AJ and Eve are the only heel Divas recently that were more unique and not one dimensional. Unless you're on NXT, then every woman has a character and gimmick.

Aiii

So not worth it
That's because most divas don't care about being wrestlers. Thank recruitment for that.

AJ and Eve were in the same boat as all the other Divas, but actually managed to create a character for themselves that got them noticed.

Meanwhile, Cameron/Ariane is busy recording a song so she can be a pop artist reality star instead of working on her in-ring work.

Brie on the other hand deserves some props, she's definitely gone all-in now that she's looking at being on the road with Bryan for a bunch more years.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Brie Mode. Total Divas have gotten some of the ladies over more than WWE ever would alone.

Total Divas 2: Diva More - Beth Phoenix, Melina (w/JoMo and Batista/Mike Knox Appearances), Eve Torres training Gracie Jiu Jitsu, Layla, Michelle McCool w/Taker appearances...

If only this existed a few years ago! I'd watch that shit in a heartbeat! Could you imagine the majesty of Batista/JoMo clashes? McCool and Taker? FUCK that would have been gold.

Ithil

Brie just had an interview the other week where she mentioned that now that she's hit 30 and is getting married next year, she doesn't know how long she will continue to wrestle instead of retiring to raise a family. So yeah, expect her gone in short order too, just as she actually learns some wrestling. And I don't know that Total Divas has actually gotten anyone over on the main roster. Most of them come out to silence, because contrary to WWE's belief, most Total Divas viewers do not actually watch RAW, and most RAW viewers don't give one shit about Total Divas or its cast (who are completely bland, character-less faces on the main roster).

Let's not forget this bizarre and delusional quote from Nikki Bella recently:

The Bella Twins recently spoke with Newsday and said some of the sacrifices they made may be lost on WWE's new generation of Divas who have the WWE Performance Center to hone their skills. Nikki recalled performing in small bars and church halls in front of a few dozen fans before being called up to WWE and said:

"They're definitely spoiled. I prefer how we did it, because we knew we had to work hard. When we were finally on TV it was like, 'Holy cow! This is what we worked so hard for.' It definitely, I think, makes you appreciate it more.

There's so many things wrong with this that it's hard to know where you'd start.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There's so many things wrong with this that it's hard to know where you'd start.

I don't know their history, but what's wrong about that? Did they never do that circuit?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Keep in mind, the Bellas left WWE to try to 'make it in Hollywood' and that they only came back because they couldn't do that. How convenient that they're fucking two of the top faces.

Brie's still terrible. I guess people want everything associated with Daniel Bryan to be good though.

I don't know their history, but what's wrong about that? Did they never do that circuit?

They wrestled a total of 28 times in FCW and have never wrestled outside of WWE or a WWE developmental territory. Comparatively, Paige wrestled 227 times before she was signed to the WWE, working in 20 different promotions around Europe and the US.

Ithil

No, they didn't. They started in FCW, were shit, then they threatened to quit after a short time, if they weren't brought up. Then they were brought up, were terrible for years (yet pushed because twins or something), then quit, to parlay their WWE "success" into other areas, which didn't work because, you know, they're terrible. They then pitched a reality show to E!, and when that didn't bite, they returned to WWE to pitch a joint reality show, which got approved. They are pushed because they have a reality show, and date two of WWE's top stars.

Nikki also appears to believe that:
- Everyone in NXT just began wrestling when they came to the Performance Center, and the indies don't exist
- FCW had matches in small bars. FCW had matches in its gym area, which was indeed small.
- That NXT only holds wrestling in the Performance Center and during the TV tapings. The NXT house shows that happen in tiny buildings in front of 60 people don't exist.

The idea that Nikki fucking Bella thinks Paige, who has wrestled in tiny indie shows in the US and UK since she was 14, is spoiled, but that Nikki Bella, who doesn't know how to throw a dropkick and drives an expensive car John Cena bought for her, is hardworking and "earned" her spot, is hilarious.

jmdajr

can't think of the last time WWE has recognized the world heavyweight championship as the same lineage as wcw/nwa champion.

I mean not verbatim, but that's what they mean.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nikki also gave Maria shit for dancing with Dolph even though Dolph knew Maria long before Nikki back when they were dating

but then again, Dolph is beta as fuck, so he likely didn't say anything

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well hell guys. Now I'm up to date on my Bella Twins lore.

Ithil

can't think of the last time WWE has recognized the world heavyweight championship as the same lineage as wcw/nwa champion.

I mean not verbatim, but that's what they mean.

Hopefully never, because it isn't true. The NWA/WCW championship was already unified with the WWE title, in 2001. The WHC was a new title that used a new version of the Big Gold, but it was never the WCW/NWA title until recently, which makes no sense.

BFIB

Hopefully never, because it isn't true. The NWA/WCW championship was already unified with the WWE title, in 2001. The WHC was a new title that used a new version of the Big Gold, but it was never the WCW/NWA title until recently, which makes no sense.

The greatest moment the WCW/NWA title had was when Bischoff handed the WHC to Triple H on Raw.

That means David Arquette is on the same level as HHH.

jmdajr

I wonder if they will unify the US/IC titles. It's 2001 all over again! Though in recent years the US title has been more of a launchpad for future champs than the IC title. Miz and Bryan had pretty notable runs with the US belt before becoming champions, and Ambrose and Cesaro are getting a lot of attention. Not to mention Cena's midcard run was with this belt. The past IC title champs have been a who's who of disappointments such as Barrett, Axel, Jackson, McIntyre, Morrison with random former champion title reigns like Show, Christian, shell of Miz etc.

z8KAvBG.gif

With IC title being upgraded, will Kofi ever reign again?

strobogo

Banned

They flip flopped a lot on if it was the NWA/WCW championship or not in 2002-2005ish. Like every few weeks someone would refer to it as the belt that Steamboat and Flair wore. I believe there is an argument for it. The WCW and WWE titles were unified, but the brand split also split the titles back into separate belts. WWE doesn't consider the NWA/WCW champions in the lineage of the WWE championship anymore, so...

ieCMAfmo6kiKc.gif

Ithil

The greatest moment the WCW/NWA title had was when Bischoff handed the WHC to Triple H on Raw.

That means David Arquette is on the same level as HHH.

That's what I'm talking about, it's not the same championship, it was a new World title. The WCW title was unified with the WWE, and has remained so since then.
Funnily enough, from what I understand they were going to push the IC title as the main title of RAW (after making the WWE title Smackdown only), and the other main title of WWE. Then Triple H complained about it not being like a World title, and wanted the World title remade instead, and the IC title unified with that.
They brought the IC title back the next year, but still.

Aiii

So not worth it
Look who gets to job to Triple H at Mania!

As we reported yesterday, WWE has still not settled on the top matches for WrestleMania XXX. As of this week, there is now talk of building to a
CM Punk vs. Triple H match on the show.

You totally thought it was going to be Bryan, didn't you?

BFIB

Look who gets to job to Triple H at Mania!

You totally thought it was going to be Bryan, didn't you?

Aiii, I remember back when Bryan was chasing the title, you said that we need to look at the long term plan.

I wanted to believe. I wanted you to be right. :(

Aiii

So not worth it
Aiii, I remember back when Bryan was chasing the title, you said that we need to look at the long term plan.

I wanted to believe. I wanted you to be right. :(

You probably missed my rant last month when I found out that wasn't happening and WWE broke me.

Who better to restore the lineage of WCW and NWA to a title than Eric Bischoff?

Anyway - I have this sinking feeling in my gut that Bryan's going to turn heel and join the Wyatt family after TLC. You can almost hear Vince seething when crowds chant for him while Cena/Orton shit is going on.

And of course, the LOGICAL choice of Bryan vs. a champion, heel, corporate Punk at 'Mania (with, say, Undertaker vs. Brock and HHH vs. Cena as co-main events for drawing power) is probably not even in the goddamn discussion.

BFIB

You probably missed my rant last month when I found out that wasn't happening and WWE broke me.

I did, I'll have to find it.

Just a shame, WWE has the next big rivalry on their hands. Punk/Bryan I think could be a huge draw if built right.

But its OK, everyone wants Orton/Cena apparently.

jmdajr

not to derail but wha wha what...?

There was a lot of speculation coming out of WWE Raw this week about who wrestled as Sin Cara. Some reported that Hunico was under the mask, beating Alberto Del Rio in the match. PWInsider is reporting that Hunico was in fact wrestling as Sin Cara on Monday, and that WWE may have parted ways with Luis Ignascio Urive Alvirde, the original Sin Cara. WWE reportedly informed Alvirde just a few hours before Raw this week. His actual departure from the company has not been confirmed.

can he point?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sin Cara merch sells well. They can dump the underlying problem and preserve the market by putting someone else under the mask.

Her little bird bones couldn't handle him even touching her.

Even MORE logical is Bryan becoming the corporate heel champion and facing a face Punk. Because loltna.

I bet he won't even be facing Punk. He'll be the greatest threat to Big E's IC title reign since Genesis of McGillicutty.

On a slightly related note - is there a greater example of booking oneself into a corner than making "THE CHAMP... IS..... HEEEEEEEEEEERE!!!!" the catch-phrase of a main event guy? They've basically guaranteed that Cena can't NOT have a title if they want that shirt to keep selling.

strobogo

Banned
Cena's shirts are going to sell no matter what they say or look like and if he's even on the show. No one cares about titles. House shows aren't going to suffer when a top title isn't being defended on them. Titles are just props to be tossed away.

ibtqSPU5a9I4K.gif

Top Bottom