• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

jred2k

So last year in December

CM punk was wwechamp fued with ryback
The shield made their in ring debut at TLC
Cena was funding with ziggler with AJ
Big show was WHC
Del rio teamed with the Miz and brooklyn brawler against 3MB

Also I believe vikki had Tamina beat AJ up

Don't forget the major difference, Kofi didn't come with pants or a bandana then.

Don't forget the major difference, Kofi didn't come with pants or a bandana then.

BjCkl.jpg

Ithil

For a PPV called "TLC" there sure are a lack of TLC, Tables, Ladders, or Chairs matches. The only one of them is the main event.

Given the tag team division has gotten more full lately, seems like an ideal time to do a three or four way TLC match for the tag team titles. But I guess ya can't overshadow the shitty main event with an actual good TLC match.

For a PPV called "TLC" there sure are a lack of TLC, Tables, Ladders, or Chairs matches. The only one of them is the main event.

Given the tag team division has gotten more full lately, seems like an ideal time to do a three or four way TLC match for the tag team titles. But I guess ya can't overshadow the shitty main event with an actual good TLC match.

Do we even have a full card yet? I imagine that the Intercontinental will end up as a table and the tag will end up as a ladder. I really do wish they would have a three or four way TLC match to bring that gimmick back to it's origins. Bonus - they could have done a bunch of qualifying matches with all of their teams to get into the match, which in turn allows you to have been a natural way to lead into Punk and Bryan's weird singles vs stables feuds.

Punk immediately grabbing a chair when the Shield music hit leads me to believe that it will play into his match.

Ithil

So, let's see how this Vince-approved Orton/Cena feud for both World titles is drawing so far-

Raw fell to 3.53 million viewers on Monday night, which would be among the lowest totals for the show of the past 15 years.

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 3.62 million

9 p.m. 3.56 million

10 p.m. 3.45 million

-oh.

Ithil

No YouTube at work. Can someone sum up or gif it for me?

It's from the 2011 Royal Rumble, where everyone but Cena and Orton are down, and they turn around to face each other slowly in what is clearly supposed to be an "epic" tease of their renewed rivalry, as Cena points to the WM sign and they brawl.

Except the crowd are dead silent for the entire bit. DEAD silent.

jred2k

No YouTube at work. Can someone sum up or gif it for me?

It was Cena/Orton having a showdown towards the end of the 2011 RR. The crowd has a complete non-reaction while they try and play it off like this huge generation-defining moment. At one point Cena looks to the crowd as if to say "Wow listen to that fever pitch.", meanwhile you can make out individual people.

Rapstah

Weren't they trying to raise the value of the contract to their TV shows by getting more people to watch them, Raw specifically?

somedevil

So, let's see how this Vince-approved Orton/Cena feud for both World titles is drawing so far-

-oh.

Yeah its not good but lets look at the average viewers of Dec 12:

12/3: 3.437
12/10: 3.764
12/17: 4.230
12/24: 3.143
12/31: 3.552

Basically this Raw had a little more viewers than last years one with the Punk lie detector test. Seems like December is when the viewers vanish.

Well at least there is hope from this Bryan promo last night:

Bryan says he's the first in line for the new champion and challenges Orton to a match tonight.

Rapstah

Randy Orton isn't like Warrior, he's like Marius©, the main character of Ryse© Son of Rome™, the epic action game for the Xbox One™, the all-in-one entertainment system from Microsoft.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
re: Booking on Gaming-Side:

Basically, Microsoft is still a gigantic heel despite Sony using heelish tactics as well. Nintendo proved they can't draw worth a shit, which is a shame, because a lot of people like their ring work - but ratings are at an all-time low.

BFIB

Basically, Microsoft is still a gigantic heel despite Sony using heelish tactics as well. Nintendo proved they can't draw worth a shit, which is a shame, because a lot of people like their ring work - but ratings are at an all-time low.

I find it hilarious when gamers get an attitude.And PC gamers are treated like the bottom level passengers on the Titanic. I'm a gamer myself, but I never understood the blind hatred for Sony, MS, Nintendo, etc.

Kaladin

Nintendo's smaller tag team partner DS is still over though, right? I haven't seen any bad things about it.

Nintendo just needs more solid matches under it's belt IMO.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I find it hilarious when gamers get an attitude.And PC gamers are treated like the bottom level passengers on the Titanic. I'm a gamer myself, but I never understood the blind hatred for Sony, MS, Nintendo, etc.

PC kinda reminds me of NJPW. Always putting out the best content without barriers, but only enjoyed by a niche on this site.

Nintendo's smaller tag team partner DS is still over though, right? I haven't seen any bad things about it.

Nintendo just needs more solid matches under it's belt IMO.

3DS is doing fine, just was saddled with an unimportant gimmick at first but in-ring it's delivering HARD.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

What? PC is a huge circlejerk.

jmdajr

hhgif_zps46a1840a.gif

zychi

Banned
i'm part of the problem(
solution)
of raw, i no longer dvr it, i youtube the punk and dbrine segments via non-wwe channels and watch nxt at my leisure and not through hulu. i no longer care about most of raw since orton became champ, hhh is running the company like a schmuck, and cena is going to unify. i refuse to help wwe get money from advertisers until they fix the shit product. its funny to come in here and see the legit shookness of live watchers after the fact

Aiii

So not worth it
Yeah its not good but lets look at the average viewers of Dec 12:

12/3: 3.437
12/10: 3.764
12/17: 4.230
12/24: 3.143
12/31: 3.552

Basically this Raw had a little more viewers than last years one with the Punk lie detector test. Seems like December is when the viewers vanish.

Well at least there is hope from this Bryan promo last night:

Bryan says he's the first in line for the new champion and challenges Orton to a match tonight.

Smackdown is not canon.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What? PC is a huge circlejerk.

Small circle here though. And it puts out a superior product. I'd say fanbase-wise, I think we have the most amount of Sony fans, 2nd on size is Nintendo, runner up is a split with Xbox folks and PC. MS people are pretty quiet about it due to...the implication

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nintendo is Dynamite Kid.
Used to be pretty good. Now it's crippled and lost all perception of how the world works now. And has insane defenders.
Small circle here though. And it puts out a superior product. I'd say fanbase-wise, I think we have the most amount of Sony fans, 2nd on size is Nintendo, runner up is a split with Xbox folks and PC. MS people are pretty quiet about it due to...the implication

Dude, quit giving your preferred platform the underdog story. PC is well represented here. Every game announcement has port beggers, the PC screenshot thread and the Steam thread are incredibly active. Every YEAH I DONT LIKE BIG GAMES ANYMORE thread is full of wannabe artistic pc gamers that think Gone Home is a masterpiece.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nintendo is Dynamite Kid.
Used to be pretty good. Now it's crippled and lost all perception of how the world works now. And has insane defenders.

He's not dead though

Dude, quit giving your preferred platform the underdog story. PC is well represented here. Every game announcement has port beggers, the PC screenshot thread and the Steam thread are incredibly active. Every YEAH I DONT LIKE BIG GAMES ANYMORE thread is full of wannabe artistic pc gamers that think Gone Home is a masterpiece.

It's not my preferred platform, I'll play on whatever exists if the game is great. I guess I just don't look around too much. And HEY LEAVE GONE HOME ALONE!

jmdajr

I had a thread about MS fans being shunned going froward. It's pretty much all come true.
Sure they might feel sorry/pity for you if all you have is a wii/wiiu, but you are definitely the enemy if you support Microsoft.

At least wrassle gaf is accepting. Heck I haven't been banned yet despite my allegiance to the King.

Top Bottom