• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ithil

That struck me less as bad booking and more as Steph not knowing that her job in those angles was to be a heel, not try to get over with the crowd in the same pandering vein as Cena.

Stephanie wasn't even a heel when she shat all over the Divas for no reason.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Leave Vince alone, he is a genius. That's all I mean. Any reason why the programming sucks now is due to others getting in his way and he's giving them their chances.

BFIB

If this is the stuff Vince is pulling out now, just wait until his dementia sets in.

Might be when we finally see Cena lose.

somedevil

Your crazy if you don't think Vince has the final say especially on main wen angles

When Raw gets those rewrites its because Vince wants it not anyone else. A WWE write talked about the screaming matches he had with Vince in 2006 when he cut the knees off of Rey Mysterio title reign on Smackdown when he was getting the ratings just because he was small.

The man has basically lost the touch. When obvious things are handed to him he still can't do it because of his perceived outdated notions on what a star is.

edit: Are we arguing with someone who is doing a gimmick right now?

Aiii

So not worth it
Blaming Vince for a shit Creative Team that was created, hired and led by Steph seems rather unfair. Vince veto'ing shit scrips the day before Raw is as much the fault of shitty scripts as it is of Vince "losing his touch."

This discussion is silly, Stephanie leaving Creative should be one of the happiest days of WrassleGAF's lives, lets rejoice!

jmdajr

Do you all think WWE is..

Too Big to Fail?

I know folks sound doom and gloom but I don't see em going under.

Them and Nintendo are sticking around.

jmdajr

comic642.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Question is - how much WORSE would shit be if Vince couldn't veto? I tell ya, you woulda had Claire Lynch in WWE!

jmdajr

Question is - how much WORSE would shit be if Vince couldn't veto? I tell ya, you woulda had Claire Lynch in WWE!

Vince might have lost it, but you do need someone controlling the scene with absolute authority. You know, like that Steve Jobs guys. Someone that people respect but fear.
I don't want anybody wishy washy that no one takes serious.

We did it was that shitty AJ/cena/ziggler story last year

I have never seen a company so adverse to give fans what they want like WWE. Any other company would be chomping at the bit to have as sel Bryan like product ready to go

somedevil

Too Big to Fail?

lol, they are not anywhere close to going under. There going to sign a huge tv contract soon. There ratings are basically even with 2012 and there buy rates are even or better than 2012 and much better than 2011.

jmdajr

lol, they are not anywhere close to going under. There going to sign a huge tv contract soon. There ratings are basically even with 2012 and there buy rates are even or better than 2012 and much better than 2011.

I hear ya. But some folks get boners when they see bad ratings come in. They want to see Vince go down.

jmdajr

We did it was that shitty AJ/cena/ziggler story last year

I have never seen a company so adverse to give fans what they want like WWE. Any other company would be chomping at the bit to have as sel Bryan like product ready to go

But Ziggler pedigreed himself. Can't say I feel that bad about him.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
You're not ruining this for me!
He's got the confidence down, but he lacks the charisma. He needs a serious retooling and no more burial/yet somehow top heel booking. Let him grow.
I just did Cena-type jokes. It oddly went well with the crowd. I sadly didn't have a chance to use my black reverend voice though.
oh thank god
That struck me less as bad booking and more as Steph not knowing that her job in those angles was to be a heel, not try to get over with the crowd in the same pandering vein as Cena.
Well if she was good booker she should know her job in those angles.

Too Big to Fail?

Nintendo to merge with WWE.

finally a good wwe game

only on wii-u

strobogo

Banned
Total Divas really is the best WWE continuity. Daniel Bryan is champion, Fandango is an amazing creeper, and most of all Norman Smiley exists. Norman should become a regular character on the show. And on Raw. And Smackdown. And Main Event. And Superstars. And NXT.

Too bad Nattie is crazy.

Wait... Jeff Hardy won the TNA title again?

When did that happen? Did he go clean or "kurt angle clean" and is keeping the drugs and drink away for work?

somedevil

Wait... Jeff Hardy won the TNA title again?

When did that happen? Did he go clean or "kurt angle clean" and is keeping the drugs and drink away for work?

Nope your wrong.
Magnus won the title and became Dixie's corporate champion

Here is the match:

* Magnus vs. Jeff Hardy in a Dixieland match is up next. It's a cage match where the winner has to climb out of the cage and go up the ramp where the belt is hung from a rope. The winner must use a ladder to grab the belt. Hardy takes the mic before the match and talks about making mistakes and tells Dixie Carter to stick it. Dixie comes out and fires back at Hardy. She watches the match from ringside with Ethan Carter III. Magnus defeated Hardy to become the new TNA World Heavyweight Champion. EC3 ended up trying to stop Magnus but got laid out by Hardy. Dixie also got involved at the end, calling out Rockstar Spud to tip the ladder over while Hardy was on it. Magnus celebrated with Dixie, Spud and Ethan to close the show.

The only people over the age of 16 that WWE cares about are the parents of people under 16 that buy all the Cena merch. The 21 and over crowd doesn't matter to Vince.

The only people over the age of 16 that WWE cares about are the parents of people under 16 that buy all the Cena merch. The 21 and over crowd doesn't matter to Vince.

18-49 Male demographic is still the king of television, but I believe that live event and merch sales skew younger. I don't actually know if there is a breakdown of PPV audience by demographic but I'd imagine it's older as well.

somedevil

18-49 Male demographic is still the king of television, but I believe that live event and merch sales skew younger. I don't actually know if there is a breakdown of PPV audience by demographic but I'd imagine it's older as well.

Only thing known is the breakdown of the WWE audience:

19 % of our audience is under 18 years old
23 % of our audience is 18-34 years old
21 % of our audience is 35-49 years old
37 % of our audience is 50+ years old

Basically 44% of the audience is 18-49

Raw64life

Total Divas really is the best WWE continuity. Daniel Bryan is champion, Fandango is an amazing creeper, and most of all Norman Smiley exists. Norman should become a regular character on the show. And on Raw. And Smackdown. And Main Event. And Superstars. And NXT.

Too bad Nattie is crazy.

Really disappointed there is no Big Wiggle compilation on YouTube.

Ultratech

I predict WWE will finally go with my screw job ladder match ending and have Triple H walk down and grab the belts.

I want to know what the official ruling is in that situation.

I'd have to laugh if this actually happens.

(And it's not completely outside the realm of possibility either!)

DominoKid

I predict WWE will finally go with my screw job ladder match ending and have Triple H walk down and grab the belts.

I want to know what the official ruling is in that situation.

they'd probably just say it (Triple H also being in the match) was in the contracts and Cena/Orton's dumbasses didn't read them before they signed them.

Top Bottom