• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Kalisto (the former Samuray del Sol, who notably brought his "lucha, lucha" chant over to WWE)

Oh, that is going to get SO over, if "YES!" is any indication.

strobogo said:
Puro is absolutely unmatched for grumpy dudes. That is my favorite aspect of puro. Grumpy old dudes smacking each other/young dudes around is just the best. I really wish that was more of a thing in American wrestling. Someone like Ric Flair just being an absolute dick to a younger dude. But the vets in WWE are guys like Cena/Orton/Big Show. I want older guys around knocking the shit out of someone like Kofi or Ryder. In 2013, Disco Inferno and Norman Smiley should still be around to be dick heads to younger talent on TV. A Big Wiggle followed by a stiff punch in the face would be excellent. Imagine Disco stiffing the fuck out of CJ Parker on NXT.

This I could get behind. It's strange how little veteran talent there is in WWE, or how little those they do have are utilised in that role. Puro's absolutely rife with grumpy old dudes you don't want to piss off, it's definitely one of my favourite aspects of wrestling over there

Ithil

Solomon Crowe debuts at NXT event in Tampa:

A disturbed crazy hacker gimmick. Another new gimmick that's interesting along with TNA's serial killer gimmick.

He actually already debuted at house shows a few months ago

jbqELDpWzTqQ6O.jpg

But I guess that was more as Sami Callihan, this would be his proper debut as Solomon Crowe and presumably with the gimmick he's going to have on NXT.

jred2k

That hacker gimmick actually sounds pretty awesome. Its a decent way to cover up the logic hole around shit like lights going out and someone's music playing for a run-in.

Yay its a PCW day which means I get to dance to Uhaas theme again

Also the owner is still hinting that AJ will be there but I see no chance of that now

Ithil

Also, this gimmick is sort of a Watch_Dogs gimmick. Which makes it the most relevant pop culture gimmick they've ever done, given the game isn't even out yet, but will be out by the time he comes to NXT.

No I'm not thinking it's actually based on Watch_Dogs (unless Sami Callihan plays a lot of games) but it's a lucky coincidence.

Plus imagine all the stuff you could do with a hacker gimmick, to heel it up. Hack the feed to play Stone Cold's music when Del Rio is about to come out, or turn the lights back on halfway through Undertaker's entrance, or turn Sin Cara's lighting on in every match.

Ithil

I don't like that Unitard on Crowe

Did he wear that sort of thing in the indies?

Yes, for good reason. Early in his career, he was fat as fuck, but later on, he lost a shit load of weight (like 100 pounds) and so I imagine he looks not so great shirtless even if he's jacked, on account of loose skin. I'm pretty sure that singlet is one of his from the indies, he wouldn't have had new WWE gear made by then. I expect he'll probably stick with the singlet on NXT, unless he looks better now.

jmdajr

Like netflix (but with a live stream), no cable provider, every episode of raw/smackdown day one (No nitro) 10-12 bucks a month. 6th month subscription will get you WRASSLEMANIA 30 for free.

Heck not bad really. Will there be a channel dedicated to HHH?

Also, this gimmick is sort of a Watch_Dogs gimmick. Which makes it the most relevant pop culture gimmick they've ever done, given the game isn't even out yet, but will be out by the time he comes to NXT.

No I'm not thinking it's actually based on Watch_Dogs (unless Sami Callihan plays a lot of games) but it's a lucky coincidence.

Plus imagine all the stuff you could do with a hacker gimmick, to heel it up. Hack the feed to play Stone Cold's music when Del Rio is about to come out, or turn the lights back on halfway through Undertaker's entrance, or turn Sin Cara's lighting on in every match.

wait til Vince hears about this game in a few years. he'll be "THE WATCH-DOG" Solomon Crowe

Aiii

So not worth it
It should be a streaming service and worldwide.

It would be really stupid to do a traditional network and shop that around the world. I'm sure there's plenty of countries like The Netherlands where there's a few thousand people more than willing to pay a monthly fee for wrestling programming. Nowhere near enough to maintain a network, but that's just money wasted if you think about it.

Hasney

It should be a streaming service and worldwide.

It would be really stupid to do a traditional network and shop that around the world. I'm sure there's plenty of countries like The Netherlands where there's a few thousand people more than willing to pay a monthly fee for wrestling programming. Nowhere near enough to maintain a network, but that's just money wasted if you think about it.

If it was online, worldwide, priced comparatively to Netflix and had all DVD releases that are a year old or older, I'd be on it in a heartbeat.

Unfortunately, due to them having original content, I can't see it being priced that low.

The giant X on the dick of Sami Callihan's singlet has prevented me from enjoying every Sami Callihan match. So as long as his character is anything but "dude who put Doop's X-men symbol on his junk" then I'll consider it an improvement.

Ithil

LOL at the WWE's Slammy nominees for Match of the Year

Undertaker vs. CM Punk (WrestleMania 29)
John Cena vs. The Rock (WrestleMania 29)
Cody Rhodes & Goldust vs. Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns (Battleground)
Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar (Extreme Rules)

Two shit matches there just because Cena and Triple H. No Bryan to be seen anywhere.

Christ. Honestly, HHH/Brock at ER was probably the lesser match those two had, too (they both sucked). No love for Cena/Bryan or Punk/Lesnar?

man, the best match in that list is gonna get the least votes, too.

I couldn't tell you anything about triple h vs brock other than it was in a steel cage i think.

Also no punk/cena punk/lesnar ?

Also lmao at no Bryan

I guess there's also no Orton. But his only memorable matches this year were with Bryan, and those weren't even Bryan's best matches.

Well, also his match with Sheamus, for entirely different reasons.

jred2k

I couldn't tell you anything about triple h vs brock other than it was in a steel cage i think.

Also no punk/cena punk/lesnar ?

Also lmao at no Bryan

They have to try and create the illusion that their PPVs are worth buying. They can acknowledge that one of their best matches was given away for free and included a piledriver.

Its really sad that, at the end of the day, they get to write their own history.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

Two shit matches there just because Cena and Triple H. No Bryan to be seen anywhere.

awful

No Bryan nomination is ridiculous.

The Punk match has to win here, right?

At least the actual best match gets a nomination - Rhodes Boys vs Shield.

That said, I'll eat my hat if they don't give this award to Punk/Taker

KissVibes

Banned
Punk vs Taker was pretty good. Wasn't quite MoTY but solid.

Pretty sure it wins. Gotta start that Undertaker build.

It's a TRAVESTY that Cena vs Bryan isn't on that list nor WHC MitB. CODY WAS GOD in that match.

Ithil

Punk vs Taker was at least a very good match, and by far the best at WM 29, so I am totally ok with it winning. It's not the MOTY, but it beats that shitfest of a WM main event with Rock and Cena.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Who are we kidding? It will be rigged so the John Cena match wins so Orton can come attack him on stage, or HHH will win because The Authority.

XenoRaven

They probably only wanted each person to only make one appearance. Twice in a lifetime HAD to be on there, Undertaker's one match a year had to be on there, Brock had to be on there, HHH had to be on there, and NXT doesn't exist. That covers three out of four. From there, they could have either put a free match featuring Cena nipple joke fodder vs alleged PPV buy rate poison, or the tag team champs vs the strongest booked rookies of this era.

It was nice of Rock to put Cena over. I bet Cena has lots of success in his career with WWE. I wonder if it will translate to a big movie career like Rock.

Ithil

tumblr_mxd4supAX51sanux3o1_1280.jpg

I know it's been pointed out before, but the look on the Rock's face of "jesus christ, you're lucky they're paying me millions of dollars to do this shit for you..." is just priceless.

Combine that with the smug, triumphant face Cena's making and it's one hell of an unpleasant sight. Compare it to how Hogan did the same thing for Rock after their match, and marvel.

Top Bottom