• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
So let's talk about theme songs that are lacking or ill-fitting.

-CM Punk: Cult of Personality vaguely made sense when he came back after Money in the Bank 2011, but it just sounds weird to me, now. The Killswitch Engage song had a better opening stinger, was more energetic, and had that little lull where he could shout "It's clobberin' time!" without getting drowned out by the music.

-Alberto del Rio: The Rocky-sounding music made a bit of sense when they did the ill-advised face turn, but as a heel, it makes NO sense for him and just sounds like shit.

-Natalya: She does not deserve the Bret Hart opening stinger by any metric.

-The Shield: The opening is great, but the stuff after it is the most generic-sounding heel music you could imagine. They probably can't change it now due to how recognizable it's become, but they should have chosen something different, honestly.

-Big E: Give him back his NXT music, man! It sounded less like generic "black guy" music and was more fitting, honestly.

Also, on another note, why do they use the current version of the Big Show song when the old one was so much better and more energetic?

strobogo

Banned
The best part of Natalya matches is people getting exciting thinking Bret's music hits, then being completely deflated when it's just her.

You missed a word.

I actually don't remember Kanyon doing shitty superkicks. I've seen pretty much all of Kanyon's TV work and I don't recall superkicks.

He may be thinking of Glacier, it's a common misconception when a rookie steals a main event players gimmick, i.e. Mortis.

gurudyne

So let's talk about theme songs that are lacking or ill-fitting.

-CM Punk: Cult of Personality
Eh, could be worse. Could also be a lot better.

-Alberto del Rio
He's playing a nationalist, so it works on that "what middle America thinks traditional Mexican music sounds like" level

-All the Divas besides AJ
They're probably all the same song, but I can't remember a note. Bland, uninteresting bubbly crap. Then again, it's far from ill-fitting.

-The Shield
Keep the opening, but the back end can change anytime they want it to--no one would care. If there's a turn or a split coming up soon, that'd be the best time to do it.

-Big E
Three is insufficient. This man needs his five! I like the current theme.

-Curtis Axel
Give it to someone more impressive. Seriously, it's a great theme!

-Sami Zayn
A little underwhelming. Could use a little more character

At the risk of illiciting a bunch of "All black people look the same!" comments, I have to say, Xavier Woods looks a lot like Stringer Bell with longer hair.

I don't think it was MOTY, but I think the most impressive thing about that Punk/Cena match was that it actually managed to create some tension. Nobody watch thought that Punk would win, but they were still able to have moments that suspended the disbelief.

Bryan has been pretty much been having at least one good match(sometimes tow or three) a week since May. WWE's format is a lot different now, but who else has had that kindof consistency over the last, say, 10 years?

It wasn't an outright five star classic of a match but I'd easily vote Punk/Taker out of that slammy selection and it's still one of my favourite WWE matches this year.
It was pretty much the one true highlight in yet another drab WM and it finally brought Taker matches back down to just being damn good matches as opposed to long finisher fests of fluctuating quality which I appreciated greatly after the two previous years, here was a match with some actual flow.
Regardless of the lack of logic Taker borderline no selling the GTS by using the powers of MOMENTUM to setup the tombstone got me good.

So in the spirit of Tables, Ladder and Chairs OH MY! WWE's site have made another one of their no doubt polarizing lists, the top 10 TLC matches.
I love my ladder matches so I'm gonna take a closer look.

Edge vs. Kane vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. Rey Mysterio – WWE TLC 2010
This match just reminds me that Kane's title reign ended with a fizzle, at least it's noteworthy for Edge's last reign and TLC, I can't recall anything special about this match but it wasn't bad either.
Kane & The Hurricane vs. Christian & Chris Jericho vs. Jeff Hardy & Rob Van Dam – Raw, Oct. 7, 2002
The greatest match in the history of Raw according to the Raw 10th anniversary show and it came from the first Raw Roulette which hasn't ever given us anything quite as fun since. Hey maybe Stro should recap that chessy 10th anniversary show, it has Salty Trips leaving early because he didn't win the greatest superstar award and The Rock via satellite years before the Cena joke.
Anyway I'll never get why they removed Hurricane from this match just to make Kane's win more impressive, since you know he was just fed to Super H anyway. Noteworthy for being the beginning of the Katie Vick storyline as well with the post match segment. Anywho it's pretty fun but nothing more, at least Kane actually did a proper chokeslam off the ladder as opposed to the choke shove. JR called the match alone because King went off with the Godfather and his Ho train if I recall.

Edge vs. Ric Flair – Raw, Jan. 16, 2006
Considering that this involved Flair and ladders in 2006 I'm surprised it went as well as it did. I always dug the way Flair gets taken out at the end with the ladder he's on tipped over the rope so he just falls backwards in a pretty dodgy looking way through a table, simple but effective.

Team Hell No & Ryback vs. The Shield – WWE TLC 2012
Wasn't this Wrasslegaf's match of the year last year? yeah it was fresh in our minds I guess but still great fun. The first of many great Shield matches and the last of any great Ryback ones am I right? maybe. Boy Kane sure gets around in these ladder matches, especially factoring in MitB as well. Also the first of many instances of Rollins nearly obliterating himself.

John Cena vs. Edge – Unforgiven 2006
Surprised WWE didn't rank this one higher because Cena. Even so it's actually pretty great despite a few botched and contrived spots but that's ladders for you. A perfect ending to Cena's best feud from a pure Cena standpoint seeing as it's a classic overcoming the odds victory with the hostile Toronto Crowd and in Edge's speciality match that he'd never lost.
Wasn't this the last Toronto based PPV? you smarks should've cheered for Cena dammit!

Edge & Christian vs. The Dudley Boyz vs. The Hardyz – SummerSlam 2000
If there's one problem with this match it's that it, the triangle ladder match and TLC2 (and even TLC3 for that matter) are in such close proximity to each other that I find it hard to rate any one over the other in particular with the same cast of characters and spots. I was always a fan of the first encounter in the Triangle Ladder Match myself but regardless the original TLC is still damn fun in its own right and spawned the match type itself as well as a PPV that is at least consistently okay.

CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy – SummerSlam 2009
I'm thinking this one's a bit high up, yet another one of those matches where Jeff's love for high risk moves is his undoing I think which I'd seen enough times by this point. Jeff's final PPV match in the WWE before he took time off to rest his weary old bones which was actually Hardy slang for drugging it up and getting promptly caught thus proving that Heel Punk was right all along and that Jeff was indeed a screwup. Punk's celebratory period was swiftly cut short by Taker who he'd soon job to since he didn't wear a suit or something, gooood times.
Edge vs. The Undertaker – One Night Stand 2008
Farking Boolsheet, this match has some spots that are contrived as fuck even by TLC standards and it really bugs me that it gets so highly praised. The ending alone is full of stupid like Taker setting up his own demise and telegraphing the hell out of it, yeah Taker lets move the ladder away from the middle of the ring closer to the edge where the stack of tables are, why do you keep eyeing up those tables Taker as you sloooowly climb up? dammit if he was too old to pull off the spot then go with something else. Part of my ever so despised "La Familia" storyline and Taker's loss here meant the end of his WWE career...for like 3 weeks, so the usual turnaround for career ending stipulations then.

DX vs. Jeri-Show – WWE TLC 2009
GOTTA HAVE HHH IN HERE SOMEWHERE GUYS! AND IF YOU AIN'T DOWN WITH THAT THEY'VE GOT TWO WORDS FOR YA!

At least it wasn't when Quads collide with Nash a few years ago

Edge & Christian vs. The Dudley Boyz vs. The Hardyz – WrestleMania X-Seven
AKA: TLC2, the one with the extra outside interference which adds a slightly fresher dynamic to the quickfire sequel with each team having a lackey, one of which being Rhyno who Paul Heyman just can't get enough of, just listen to how he reacts when Rhyno pushes Matt and Bubba through Table Stack™ which made its grand debut here if i'm not mistaken.
At least they finished the list on a high note, all glory to WMX7.

jmdajr

Insult of the Year (presenter: The Miz)

Stephanie McMahon insults Big Show
AJ goes off on "Total Divas"
Paul Heyman's insults toward CM Punk
Zeb Colter's insults

Ithil

Zeb Colter's insults

What did Stephanie even say? "You're a baby" or something?
AJ takes that one easily.

jred2k

Zeb Colter's insults

A travesty! The best insult this year has been walrus/Paulrus. You see, its funny because he's fat.

Bootaaay you usually keep an ongoing list of MOTY contenders across multiple promotions don't you? Would love to take a loot at it.

Not so much MOTY contenders, more matches I really enjoyed - obviously it's pretty puro heavy and my WWE and indie watching has dropped off in recent months, but here it is anyways;

WALL OF TEXT, AHOY!!!

2013.01.02 - Shuji Kondo (c) vs Hiroshi Yamato - AJPW: New Year Shining Series
2013.01.04 - Yuji Nagata vs Minoru Suzuki - NJPW: Wrestle Kingdom VII
2013.01.04 - Prince Devitt (c) vs Low Ki vs Kota Ibushi - NJPW: Wrestle Kingdom VII
2013.01.04 - Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs Kazushi Sakuraba - NJPW: Wrestle Kingdom VII
2013.01.04 - Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs Kazuchika Okada - NJPW: Wrestle Kingdom VII
2013.01.09 - Sheamus vs Dolph Ziggler - WWE: Main Event
2013.01.12 - Inner City Machineguns vs The Young Bucks - PWG: DDT 2013
2013.01.12 - Sami Callihan vs Drake Younger - PWG: DDT 2013
2013.01.19 - Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs La Sombra - NJPW: CMLL Fantastica Mania 2013, Night 2
2013.01.19 - Takashi Sugiura, Mohammed Yone & Naomichi Marufuji vs Yuji Nagata, Satoshi Kojima & Takaaki Watanabe - NOAH: Matsuyama Wrestle*Fest
2013.02.26 - Manabu Soya (c) vs Yoshihito Sasaki - AJPW: New Year Shining Series FINAL
2013.01.26 - Koji Kanemoto & Minoru Tanaka (c) vs Hiroshi Yamato & Hikaru Sato - AJPW: New Year Shining Series FINAL
2013.01.27 - Mike Quackenbush vs Green Ant - Wrestling is Respect: Rebirth
2013.01.27 - 2013 Royal Rumble Match - WWE: Royal Rumble
2013.01.27 - Shuji Kondo (c) vs Taiji Ishimori - NOAH: Great Voyage in Osaka
2013.01.27 - Takeshi Morishima (c) vs KENTA - NOAH: Great Voyage in Osaka
2013.01.27 - El Ligero (c) vs Dave Mastiff - PROGRESS: Chapter 5, For Those About to Fight, We Salute You
2013.01.27 - The London Riots vs The LDRS of the New School - PROGRESS: Chapter 5, For Those About to Fight, We Salute You
2013.02.03 - Masato Tanaka (c) vs Tomohiro Ishii - NJPW: Road to The New Beginning
2013.02.04 - Chris Jericho vs CM Punk - WWE: Monday Night RAW
2013.02.09 - Mr. Touchdown vs Archibald Peck - CHIKARA: All the Agents & Superhuman Crew
2013.02.10 - Kevin Steen vs Eddie Kingston - CHIKARA: While the Dawn is Breaking
2013.02.10 - Davey Richards vs Sami Callihan - AAW: Durty Deeds 2013
2013.02.10 - Kazuchika Okada vs Minoru Suzuki - NJPW: The New Beginning
2013.02.10 - Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs Karl Anderson - NJPW: The New Beginning
2013.02.15 - Masato Yoshino vs Naruki Doi - Dragon Gate: Truth Gate 2013
2013.02.17 - The Shield vs John Cena, Sheamus & Ryback - WWE: Elimination Chamber
2013.02.23 - Shuji Kondo (c) vs Yoshinobu Kanemaru - AJPW: Excite Series FINAL
2013.02.25 - John Cena vs CM Punk - WWE: Monday Night RAW
2013.03.01 - ACH vs Samuray Del Sol - AAW: Path of Redemption 2013
2013.03.02 - Dragon Kid (c) vs HUB - Dragon Gate: Champion Gate in Osaka
2013.03.02 - Adam Cole (c) vs Matt Taven - ROH: 11th Anniversary Show
2013.03.02 - Michael Elgin vs Roderick Strong - ROH: 11th Anniversary Show
2013.03.02 - Kevin Steen (c) vs Jay Lethal - ROH: 11th Anniversary Show
2013.03.03 - CIMA (c) vs Masato Yoshino - Dragon Gate: Champion Gate in Osaka
2013.03.03 - Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Prince Devitt - NJPW: Anniversary Show
2013.03.03 - Ricky Marvin & Super Crazy vs Chuck Taylor & Ricochet - wXw: 16 Carat 2013, Night 3
2013.03.03 - Tommy End vs Zack Sabre Jr. - wXw 16 Carat 2013, Night 3
2013.03.10 - Taiji Ishimori (c) vs Atsushi Kotoge - NOAH: Great Voyage in Yokohama
2013.03.11 - Satoshi Kojima vs Tomohiro Ishii - NJPW: New Japan Cup, Night 1
2013.03.11 - Minoru Suzuki vs Yuji Nagata - NJPW: New Japan Cup, Night 1
2013.03.11 - Davey Boy Smith Jr. vs Shinsuke Nakamura - NJPW: New Japan Cup, Night 1
2013.03.17 - Koji Kanemoto & Minoru Tanaka (c) vs Kotaro Suzuki & Atsushi Aoki - AJPW: Pro-Wrestling Love in Ryogoku
2013.03.17 - Yoshinobu Kanemaru (c) vs Kaz Hayashi - AJPW: Pro-Wrestling Love in Ryogoku
2013.03.17 - Takao Omori & Manabu Soya (c) vs Jun Akiyama & Go Shiozaki - AJPW: Pro-Wrestling Love in Ryogoku
2013.03.17 - Masakatsu Funaki (c) vs Suwama - AJPW: Pro-Wrestling Love in Ryogoku
2013.03.17 - Hirooki Goto vs Tomohiro Ishii - NJPW: New Japan Cup, Night 2
2013.03.17 - Kazuchika Okada vs Karl Anderson - NJPW: New Japan Cup, Night 2
2013.03.20 - Kenny Omega (c) vs Shigehiro Irie - DDT: Judgement 2013
2013.03.22 - Takeshi Morishima & Naomichi Marufuji vs Kensuke Sasaki & Katsuhiko Nakajima - NOAH: Morishima 15th Anniversary
2013.03.22 - Unbreakable f'n Machines vs Future Shock - PWG: All Star Weekend 9, Night 1
2013.03.22 - Drake Younger vs Sami Callihan - PWG: All Star Weekend 9, Night 1
2013.03.23 - Hirooki Goto vs Davey Boy Smith Jr. - NJPW: New Japan Cup FINAL
2013.03.23 - Kazuchika Okada vs Toru Yano - NJPW: New Japan Cup FINAL
2013.03.23 - Kazuchika Okada vs Hirooki Goto - NJPW: New Japan Cup FINAL
2013.03.24 - Frank O'Rourke vs Drew Gulak - Wrestling is Respect
2013.03.31 - Taiji Ishimori (c) vs Ricky Marvin - NOAH: Spring Navigation 2013
2013.03.31 - El Ligero (c) vs Ricochet - PROGRESS: Chapter 6, We Heart Violence
2013.04.04 - CIMA (c) vs K-ness - Dragon Gate: The Gate of Passion
2013.04.05 - Michael Elgin vs Jay Lethal - ROH: Supercard of Honor VII
2013.04.05 - Prince Devitt (c) vs Alex Shelley - NJPW: Road to Invasion Attack
2013.04.05 - Killer Elite Squad (c) vs Shinsuke Nakamura & Tomohiro Isii - NJPW: Road to Invasion Attack
2013.04.06 - Johnny Gargano (c) vs Shingo - DGUSA: Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
2013.04.07 - Shingo vs Akira Tozawa - DGUSA: Mercury Rising 2013
2013.04.07 - The Undertaker vs CM Punk - WWE: WrestleMania 29
2013.04.07 - Time Splitters (c) vs Apollo 55 - NJPW: Invasion Attack
2013.04.07 - Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs Davey Boy Smith Jr. - NJPW: Invasion Attack
2013.04.07 - Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs Kazuchika Okada - NJPW: Invasion Attack
2013.04.18 - Suwama vs Go Shiozaki - AJPW: Champion Carnival 2013, Night 1
2013.04.20 - Masayuki Kono vs Suwama - AJPW: Champion Carnival 2013, Night 2
2013.04.21 - Jun Akiyama vs KAI - AJPW: Champion Carnival 2013, Night 3
2013.04.25 - Koji Kanemoto & Minoru Tanaka (c) vs Kotaro Suzuki & Atsushi Aoki - AJPW: Champion Carnival 2013, Night 5
2013.04.26 - Michael Elgin vs BJ Whitmer - AIW: Damn It Feels Good to be a Gangster
2013.04.29 - KAI vs Go Shiozaki - AJPW: Champion Carnival 2013 FINAL
2013.04.29 - Jun Akiyama vs KAI - AJPW: Champion Carnival 2013 FINAL
2013.05.01 - Antonio Cesaro vs Kofi Kingston - WWE: Main Event
2013.05.03 - Shigehiro Irie (c) vs Kota Ibushi - DDT: Max Bump 2013
2013.05.03 - Masato Tanaka (c) vs Tomoaki Honma - NJPW: Wrestling Dontaku 2013
2013.05.03 - Hirooki Goto vs Katsuyori Shibata - NJPW: Wrestling Dontaku 2013
2013.05.03 - Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Minoru Suzuki - NJPW: Wrestling Dontaku 2013
2013.05.03 - Kenny Omega (c) vs Isami Kodaka - UNION: Golden Union 2013
2013.05.05 - Dragon Kid (c) vs Masato Yoshino - Dragon Gate: DEAD OR ALIVE
2013.05.05 - BxB Hulk & Uhaa Nation (c) vs Shingo & YAMATO - Dragon Gate: DEAD OR ALIVE
2013.05.11 - Kenta Kobashi, Keiji Mutoh, Jun Akiyama & Kensuke Sasaki vs Go Shiozaki, KENTA, Maybach Taniguchi & Yoshinobu Kanemaru - NOAH: Final Burning
2013.05.12 - KENTA (c) vs Takashi Sugiura - NOAH: Ark New Chapter
2013.05.17 - ACH & Michael Elgin vs Team Ambition - AAW: Day of Defiance 2013
2013.05.17 - Shane Hollister vs Sami Callihan - AAW: Day of Defiance 2013
2013.05.18 - Kotaro Suzuki & Atsushi Aoki (c) vs Koji Kanemoto & Minoru Tanaka - AJPW: Rise Up Tour 2013
2013.05.18 - The Young Bucks vs Pieces of Hate - CHIKARA: Tag World Grand Prix 2013, 2nd Stage
2013.05.19 - El Ligero (c) vs Noam Dar - PROGRESS: Chapter 7, Every Saint Has A Past, Every Sinner Has a Future
2013.05.19 - The London Riots vs Project Ego - PROGRESS: Chapter 7, Every Saint Has A Past, Every Sinner Has a Future
2013.05.19 - Zack Sabre Jr. vs Jimmy Havoc - PROGRESS: Chapter 7, Every Saint Has A Past, Every Sinner Has a Future
2013.05.19 - Mark Andrews vs Will Osprey - PROGRESS: Chapter 7, Every Saint Has A Past, Every Sinner Has a Future
2013.05.20 - The Shield vs Team Hell No & Kofi Kingston - WWE: Monday Night RAW
2013.05.24 - Prince Devitt vs Ricochet - NJPW: Best of the Super Jr's XX, Night 1
2013.05.26 - The Swords of Essex vs The London Riots - RPW: Road to Thunder
2013.05.26 - Noam Dar vs Mark Andrews - RPW: Road to Thunder
2013.05.26 - MK McKinnan vs Zack Sabre Jr. - RPW: Road to Thunder
2013.05.27 - The Shield (c) vs Team Hell No - WWE: Monday Night RAW
2013.05.30 - Ryusuke Taguchi vs Kenny Omega - NJPW: Best of the Super Jr's XX, Night 4
2013.05.30 - Prince Devitt vs Ricochet - NJPW: Best of the Super Jr's XX, Night 4
2013.06.02 - Yoshinobu Kanemaru (c) vs Hiroshi Yamato - AJPW: Rise Up Tour 2013 FINAL
2013.06.02 - Ricochet vs Titan - NJPW: Best of the Super Jr's XX, Night 6
2013.06.02 - Ryusuke Taguchi vs KUSHIDA - NJPW: Best of the Super Jr's XX, Night 6
2013.06.02 - The Colony vs The Devastation Corporation - CHIKARA: Aniversario, Never Compromise
2013.06.03 - Johnny Gargano vs Ethan Page - AIW: Absolution VIII
2013.06.03 - Josh Alexander vs Michael Elgin - AIW: Absolution VIII
2013.06.05 - Yuji Okabayashi vs Ryuichi Kawakami - BJW: Strong Style Rising
2013.06.06 - Kenny Omega vs KUSHIDA - NJPW: Best of the Super Jr's XX, Night 9
2013.06.06 - Alex Shelley vs Ricochet - NJPW: Best of the Super Jr's XX, Night 9
2013.06.09 - Prince Devitt vs Kenny Omega - NJPW: Best of the Super Jr's XX FINAL
2013.06.09 - Alex Shelley vs TAKA Michinoku - NJPW: Best of the Super Jr's XX FINAL
2013.06.09 - Prince Devitt vs Alex Shelley - NJPW: Best of the Super Jr's XX FINAL
2013.06.15 - Kyle O'Reilly vs Davey Richards - PWG: Is Your Body Ready?
2013.06.15 - Project Ego (c) vs The Swords of Essex - RPW: When Thunder Strikes
2013.06.15 - Prince Devitt (c) vs Jushin 'Thunder' Liger - RPW: When Thunder Strikes
2013.06.22 - Forever Hooligans (c) vs Time Splitters - NJPW: DOMINION
2013.06.22 - Katsuyori Shibata vs Hirooki Goto - NJPW: DOMINION
2013.06.22 - Prince Devitt vs Hiroshi Tanahashi - NJPW: DOMINION
2013.06.22 - Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Togi Makabe - NJPW: DOMINION
2013.06.23 - Shigehiro Irie (c) vs Keisuke Ishii - DDT: What are you Doing?
2013.06.28 - Michael Elgin (c) vs Shane Hollister - AAW: Bound By Hate 2013
2013.06.30 - Yoshinobu Kanemaru (c) vs Minoru Tanaka - AJPW: Pro-Wrestling Love in Ryogoku
2013.06.30 - Suwama (c) vs Jun Akiyama - AJPW: Pro-Wrestling Love in Ryogoku
2013.06.30 - Frank O'Rourke vs Green Ant - Wrestling is Respect: Quest to be the Best
2013.07.05 - Prince Devitt (c) vs Gedo - NJPW: Kizuna Road
2013.07.06 - Frank O'Rourke vs Drew Gulak - Wrestling is Awesome
2013.07.11 - Antonio Cesaro vs Sami Zayn - WWE: NXT
2013.07.14 - Suwama vs Go Shiozaki - AJPW: Summer Action Series
2013.07.14 - The Shield (c) vs The Usos - WWE: Money in the Bank 2013 Pre-Show
2013.07.14 - World Heavyweight Title Money in the Bank Ladder Match - WWE: Money in the Bank 2013
2013.07.14 - WWE Title Money in the Bank Ladder Match - WWE: Money in the Bank 2013
2013.07.20 - Minoru Suzuki vs Tomohiro Ishii - NJPW: Kizuna Road FINAL
2013.07.20 - Shinsuke Nakamura vs La Sombra - NJPW: Kizuna Road FINAL
2013.07.20 - Hirooki Goto vs Katsuyori Shibata - NJPW: Kizuna Road FINAL
2013.07.20 - Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Prince Devitt - NJPW: Kizuna Road FINAL
2013.07.21 - Masato Yoshino (c) vs K-ness - Dragon Gate: Kobe World Pro-Wrestling Festival
2013.07.21 - YAMATO vs Masaaki Mochizuki - Dragon Gate: Kobe World Pro-Wrestling Festival
2013.07.21 - Akira Tozawa & BxB Hulk (c) vs Naruki Doi & Ricochet - Dragon Gate: Kobe World Pro-Wrestling Festival
2013.07.21 - CIMA (c) vs Shingo - Dragon Gate: Kobe World Pro-Wrestling Festival
2013.07.21 - Shigehiro Irie (c) vs Yuji Okabayashi - DDT: Road to Ryogoku
2013.07.21 - Johnny Gargano vs JT Dunn - Beyond Wrestling: Americanrana
2013.07.21 - Eddie Edwards vs Biff Busick - Beyond Wrestling: Americanrana
2013.07.22 - Daniel Bryan vs Antonio Cesaro - WWE: Monday Night RAW
2013.07.28 - Suwama & Takao Omori vs Jun Akiyama & Go Shiozaki - AJPW: Summer Action Series FINAL
2013.07.28 - Danny Garnell vs Rob Lynch - PROGRESS: Chapter 8, The Big Boys Guide to Strong Style
2013.07.28 - Project Ego vs The Hunter Brothers - PROGRESS: Chapter 8, The Big Boys Guide to Strong Style
2031.07.28 - El Ligero (c) vs Rampage Brown - PROGRESS: Chapter 8, The Big Boys Guide to Strong Style
2013.08.01 - Katsuyori Shibata vs Davey Boy Smith Jr. - NJPW: G1 Climax 23, Night 1
2013.08.01 - Yuji Nagata vs Minoru Suzuki - NJPW: G1 Climax 23, Night 1
2013.08.01 - Karl Anderson vs Shinsuke Nakamura - NJPW: G1 Climax 23, Night 1
2013.08.01 - Satoshi Kojima vs Hiroshi Tanahashi - NJPW: G1 Climax 23, Night 1
2013.08.02 - Satoshi Kojima vs Katsuyori Shibata - NJPW: G1 Climax 23, Night 2
2013.08.02 - Kota Ibushi vs Tetsuya Naito - NJPW: G1 Climax 23, Night 2
2013.08.02 - Tomohiro Ishii vs Hiroshi Tanahashi - NJPW: G1 Climax 23, Night 2
2013.08.03 - Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Davey Boy Smith Jr. - NJPW: G1 Climax 23, Night 3
2013.08.03 - Michael Elgin vs Paul London - ROH: All Star Extravaganza V
2013.08.04 - Davey Boy Smith Jr. vs Satoshi Kojima - NJPW: G1 Climax 23, Night 4
2013.08.04 - Tomohiro Ishii vs Katsuyori Shibata - NJPW: G1 Climax 23, Night 4
2013.08.04 - Tetsuya Naito vs Minoru Suzuki - NJPW: G1 Climax 23, Night 4
2013.08.04 - Shinsuke Nakamura vs Kota Ibushi - NJPW: G1 Climax 23, Night 4
2013.08.04 - Taiji Ishimori (c) vs Zack Sabre Jr. - NOAH: Departure 2013
2013.08.06 - Satoshi Kojima vs Tomohiro Ishii - NJPW: G1 Climax 23, Night 5
2013.08.06 - Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Togi Makabe - NJPW: G1 Climax 23, Night 5
2013.08.07 - Davey Boy Smith Jr. vs Tomohiro Ishii - NJPW: G1 Climax 23, Night 6
2013.08.07 - Kazuchika Okada vs Katsuyori Shibata - NJPW: G1 Climax 23, Night 6
2013.08.07 - Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Hirooki Goto - NJPW: G1 Climax 23, Night 6
2013.08.08 - Karl Anderson vs Yuji Nagata - NJPW: G1 Climax 23, Night 7
2013.08.08 - Kazuchika Okada vs Tomohiro Ishii - NJPW: G1 Climax 23, Night 7
2013.08.08 - Togi Makabe vs Satoshi Kojima - NJPW: G1 Climax 23, Night 7
2013.08.09 - Johnny Gargano & Chuck Taylor vs Brian Kendrick & Paul London - PWG: TEN
2013.08.09 - Kyle O'Reilly vs TJ Perkins - PWG: TEN
2013.08.09 - The Young Bucks (c) vs DojoBros vs Inner City Machine Guns - PWG: TEN
2013.08.10 - Minoru Suzuki vs Kota Ibushi - NJPW: G1 Climax 23, Night 8
2013.08.10 - Tetsuya Naito vs Shinsuke Nakamura - NJPW: G1 Climax 23, Night 8
2013.08.10 - Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Kazuchika Okada - NJPW: G1 Climax 23, Night 8
2013.08.11 - Toru Yano vs Minoru Suzuki - NJPW: G1 Climax 23 FINAL
2013.08.11 - Tetsuya Naito vs Karl Anderson - NJPW: G1 Climax 23 FINAL
2013.08.11 - Satoshi Kojima vs Kazuchika Okada - NJPW: G1 Climax 23 FINAL
2013.08.11 - Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Katsuyori Shibata - NJPW: G1 Climax 23 FINAL
2013.08.11 - Tetsuya Naito vs Hiroshi Tanahashi - NJPW: G1 Climax 23 FINAL
2013.08.18 - CM Punk vs Brock Lesnar - WWE: Summerslam
2013.08.18 - John Cena (c) vs Daniel Bryan - WWE: Summerslam
2013.08.18 - Kazuchika Okada vs Kota Ibushi - DDT: Ryogoku Peter Pan 2013
2013.08.23 - ACH (c) vs Kyle O'Reilly - AAW: Reign of Violence
2013.08.25 - Yoshinobu Kanemaru (c) vs Hikaru Sato - AJPW: Summer Impact 2013 FINAL
2013.08.25 - Suwama (c) vs Go Shiozaki - AJPW: Summer Impact 2013 FINAL
2013.08.30 - Mark Andrews vs Pete Dunne - AIW: Gleaming the Cube
2013.08.30 - Josh Alexander vs Mr. Touchdown - AIW: Gleaming the Cube
2013.08.30 - ACH vs Anthony Nese - PWG: Battle of Los Angeles 2013, Night 1
2013.08.31 - Michael Elgin vs Roderick Strong - PWG: Battle of Los Angeles 2013, Night 2
2013.08.31 - Kyle O'Reilly vs Drake Younger - PWG: Battle of Los Angeles 2013, Night 2
2013.08.31 - Kyle O'Reilly vs Michael Elgin - PWG: Battle of Los Angeles 2013, Night 2
2013.09.08 - Koji Kanemoto & Minoru Tanaka vs Fujita 'Jr' Hayato & Masaaki Mochizuku - Wrestle-1: Raising an Army
2013.09.08 - Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi vs Kaz Hayashi & Shuji Kondo - Wrestle-1: Raising an Army
2013.09.08 - Masakatsu Funaki & Masayuki Kono vs Katsuyori Shibata & Kazushi Sakuraba - Wrestle-1: Raising an Army
2013.09.11 - Go Shiozaki vs Kotaro Suzuki - AJPW: Royal Road Tournament
2013.09.15 - Biff Busick & Drew Gulak vs Eddie Edwards & Roderick Strong - Beyond Wrestling: Point of No Return
2013.09.29 - Masato Tanaka (c) vs Tetsuya Naito - NJPW: DESTRUCTION
2013.09.29 - Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Satoshi Kojima - NJPW: DESTRUCTION
2013.09.29 - Tommy End vs Dave Mastiff - PROGRESS: Chapter 9, Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kick Me, Kill Me
2013.09.29 - Zack Sabre Jr. vs Mark Haskins vs Ricochet - PROGRESS: Chapter 9, Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kick Me, Kill Me
2013.09.29 - Rampage Brown (c) vs Doug Williams PROGRESS: Chapter 9, Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kick Me, Kill Me
2013.10.13 - Daichi Hashimoto vs Katsuhiko Nakajima - ZERO1: Days of Thunder
2013.10.14 - Katsuyori Shibata vs Tomohiro Ishii - NJPW: King of Pro-Wrestling
2013.10.14 - Tetsuya Naito (c) vs Yujiro Takahashi - NJPW: King of Pro-Wrestling
2013.10.14 - Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs Naomichi Marufuji - NJPW: King of Pro-Wrestling
2013.10.14 - Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Hiroshi Tanahashi - NJPW: King of Pro-Wrestling
2013.10.19 - Michael Elgin vs Noam Dar - RPW: Uprising 2013
2013.10.19 - Prince Devitt (c) vs Ricochet - RPW: Uprising 2013
2013.10.19 - Zack Sabre Jr. vs Davey Richards - RPW: Uprising 2013
2013.10.19 - Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Marty Scurll - RPW: Uprising 2013
2013.10.27 - KENTA vs Katsuhiko Nakajima - NOAH: Global League
2013.11.03 - T-Hawk & EITA vs Dragon Kid & K-ness - Dragon Gate: Gate of Destiny
2013.11.03 - Masato Yoshino (c) vs Naruki Doi - Dragon Gate: Gate of Destiny
2013.11.09 - Katsuyori Shibata vs Tomoaki Honma - NJPW: Power Struggle
2013.11.09 - Tetsuya Naito (c) vs Masato Tanaka - NJPW: Power Struggle
2013.11.09 - Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs Minoru Suzuki - NJPW: Power Struggle
2013.11.09 - Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Karl Anderson - NJPW: Power Struggle
2013.11.24 - Mark Andrews vs Paul Robinson - PROGRESS: Chapter 10, Glory Follows Virtue as if it Were its Shadow
2013.12.05 - Shinsuke Nakamura & Tomohiro Ishii vs Masato Tanaka & Yujiro Takahashi - NJPW: World Tag League - Day 10

strobogo

Banned
If you made that a Youtube play list, I'd probably leave them on and watch. But that's way too many matches to track down and watch other wise.

Damn, Steph is a size queen

iKGOc5lie9jil.gif

Aiii

So not worth it

Zeb Colter's insults

I'm surprised they nominated AJ, I figured they'd never speak of it again. Well done, for once, WWE.

I've condensed Bootaaay's list down to a more reasonable size:

2013.02.17 - The Shield vs John Cena, Sheamus & Ryback - WWE: Elimination Chamber

2013.07.14 - World Heavyweight Title Money in the Bank Ladder Match - WWE: Money in the Bank 2013

2013.07.14 - WWE Title Money in the Bank Ladder Match - WWE: Money in the Bank 2013

Japan friends, how is Sakuraba Kazushi-san's arm?

Seems to be fine now - he's teaming with Nagata at the moment, they're scheduled to face Daniel & Rolles Gracie at Wrestle Kingdom 8 on January 4th (which, I understand, is going head to head with some UFC deal out of Singapore?).

I'm pretty sure that match is going to be pretty bad, but it's certainly interesting.

strobogo said:
If you made that a Youtube play list, I'd probably leave them on and watch. But that's way too many matches to track down and watch other wise.

It's more for my own personal reference than anything, but I may end up doing a compilation for XWT.

I've condensed Bootaaay's list down to a more reasonable size:

You'll probably want to ask a WWE nerd for a more detailed list - as you can see, I haven't been paying much attention for the past three months.

Heel

Seems to be fine now - he's teaming with Nagata at the moment, they're scheduled to face Daniel & Rolles Gracie at Wrestle Kingdom 8 on January 4th (which, I understand, is going head to head with some UFC deal out of Singapore?).

I'm pretty sure that match is going to be pretty bad, but it's certainly interesting.

Ah, yeah those are certainly some fringe Gracie family members. Not sure how relevant the Sakuraba vs. Gracie feud is these days, especially against, like, 4th generation cousins on the mother's side.

somedevil

Man those spoilers for the final TNA taping before Genesis on January:

In a NoDQ Match to crown the “undisputed winner take all TNA champion”, Magnus defeated AJ Styles.
- Towards the beginning of the match, EC3 and Spud came out and attacked AJ. He fought them off at first but eventually the numbers game got to him.
- Sting came out and attacked the two of them. Both they and Sting stayed at ringside.
- All 3 members of Bromans then ran out and attacked Styles and Sting. Bromans hit their finisher on Styles but he kicked out.
- Sting made a comeback and he and Styles laid out Bromans.
- Bad Influence then ran out and attacked AJ. They hit Styles with a double team move and tried to tell them to count for Magnus. Earl Hebner refused and went to walk out, including shoving down Spud.
- Dixie brought out Brian Hebner.
- Bad Influence hit another double team move on Styles. Brian made the count but AJ kicked out.
- Sting laid out Bromans on the outside with a double scorpion death drop.
- Styles and Sting then laid out Bad Ifluence. AJ then sent Zema flying to the outside who collided with a cameraman.
- AJ locked in the calfkiller but Kazarian laid out Brian Hebner. AJ the. Laid both of them out.
- AJ hit the clash but there was no ref. Earl Hebner ran out to make the pin but Bad Influence pulled him out. AJ then dive into both of them.
- AJ went to the top but Roode ran out and knocked him off. He hit three Death Valley Drivers on AJ.
- Dixie brought out referee Brian Stiffler. Everyone was holding Sting back. Magnus made the pin.
EC3 Magnus Spud and Dixie celebrated. Dixie grabbed a mic and presented to the fans “your undisputed TNA World Heavyweight Champion” and they all left.

Holy over booking. Russo is back. Man, they blew through that because
AJ Styles still isn't signed and they ran out of tapings.

strobogo

Banned
Brian Cage cosplaying as Kanyon;

c09hSIS.jpg

iIs9y0quhV5Rv.gif

That's pretty great. Mortis is one of the coolest looking wrestlers to me. Remember when the WWE magazine teased that he was coming back in purple and then never followed through? They did a similar thing about Disco Inferno coming in around the same time, and if I'm not mistaken, they also teased Disco coming in sometime in 1997. Maybe as HTM's protege or something.

Also, I'll have at least one great gif from December to Dismember.

Kaladin

I would say TNA gonna TNA, but TNA out TNA'd themselves on this one.

jred2k

Wow, are they intentionally trying to be as bad as possible? That comes off like some sort of skit where everyone links arms at the end and bows.

Kaladin

After being pulled from the ROH Final Battle event, Davey Richards has been booked for the 12/14 CZW Cage of Death event in Voorhees, NJ that same evening.
We are told that the promotion is mulling over several options and will officially announce his opponent Monday or Tuesday.

Previously announced for the show:

*The Cage of Death: The Nation of Intoxication's Danny Havoc, Devon Moore, & Lucky tHURTeen vs. Drew Blood, Ron Mathis, Rory Mondo, & Matt Tremont.

*CZW champion Drew Gulak vs. Chris Hero in Hero's return to the company.

*CZW Wired TV champion Alex Colon vs. Shane Strickland -

*Christina von Eerie vs. Kimber Lee

*Greg Excellent w/ Mama Excellent vs. Pepper Parks w/ Cherry Bomb

somedevil

Wow, are they intentionally trying to be as bad as possible? That comes off like some sort of skit where everyone links arms at the end and bows.

I don't know how Sting wants to stay around for this because it seems his contract either goes through January or he resigned. They are basically doing there own version of the authority storyline now. If things how they are going 1-3 major stars won't be at the England tapings and there roster is already depleted.

Also there is this:

* Joseph Park defeated Bully Ray via DQ. Ray stood in the corner the whole time. Park walked up close and Ray kicked him low. Ray started spraying lighter fluid on him. Be pulled out a lighter. Mr. Anderson came out for the save. Ray sprayed Anderson with it. He then held up the lighter. Anderson paused. Ray eventually left the ring as refs attended to Park.

Bully Ray has basically became this version of Kane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6tT_6kic9A

Kaladin

Also, I'll have at least one great gif from December to Dismember.

Straight shooting here, that was hands down the worst night of wrestling I have ever experienced live.

IS6jM9s.jpg

And yall know, I've been to some TNA shows. Hell, I was at Impact on January 4th, 2010.

Kaladin

Not so much MOTY contenders, more matches I really enjoyed - obviously it's pretty puro heavy and my WWE and indie watching has dropped off in recent months, but here it is anyways;

WALL OF TEXT, AHOY!!!

2013.01.02 - Shuji Kondo (c) vs Hiroshi Yamato - AJPW: New Year Shining Series
2013.01.04 - Yuji Nagata vs Minoru Suzuki - NJPW: Wrestle Kingdom VII
2013.01.04 - Prince Devitt (c) vs Low Ki vs Kota Ibushi - NJPW: Wrestle Kingdom VII
2013.01.04 - Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs Kazushi Sakuraba - NJPW: Wrestle Kingdom VII
2013.01.04 - Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs Kazuchika Okada - NJPW: Wrestle Kingdom VII
2013.01.12 - Inner City Machineguns vs The Young Bucks - PWG: DDT 2013
2013.01.12 - Sami Callihan vs Drake Younger - PWG: DDT 2013
2013.01.19 - Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs La Sombra - NJPW: CMLL Fantastica Mania 2013, Night 2
2013.01.19 - Takashi Sugiura, Mohammed Yone & Naomichi Marufuji vs Yuji Nagata, Satoshi Kojima & Takaaki Watanabe - NOAH: Matsuyama Wrestle*Fest
2013.02.26 - Manabu Soya (c) vs Yoshihito Sasaki - AJPW: New Year Shining Series FINAL
2013.01.26 - Koji Kanemoto & Minoru Tanaka (c) vs Hiroshi Yamato & Hikaru Sato - AJPW: New Year Shining Series FINAL
2013.01.27 - Mike Quackenbush vs Green Ant - Wrestling is Respect: Rebirth
2013.01.27 - Shuji Kondo (c) vs Taiji Ishimori - NOAH: Great Voyage in Osaka
2013.01.27 - Takeshi Morishima (c) vs KENTA - NOAH: Great Voyage in Osaka
2013.01.27 - El Ligero (c) vs Dave Mastiff - PROGRESS: Chapter 5, For Those About to Fight, We Salute You
2013.01.27 - The London Riots vs The LDRS of the New School - PROGRESS: Chapter 5, For Those About to Fight, We Salute You
2013.02.03 - Masato Tanaka (c) vs Tomohiro Ishii - NJPW: Road to The New Beginning
2013.02.09 - Mr. Touchdown vs Archibald Peck - CHIKARA: All the Agents & Superhuman Crew
2013.02.10 - Kevin Steen vs Eddie Kingston - CHIKARA: While the Dawn is Breaking
2013.02.10 - Davey Richards vs Sami Callihan - AAW: Durty Deeds 2013
2013.02.10 - Kazuchika Okada vs Minoru Suzuki - NJPW: The New Beginning
2013.02.10 - Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs Karl Anderson - NJPW: The New Beginning
2013.02.15 - Masato Yoshino vs Naruki Doi - Dragon Gate: Truth Gate 2013
2013.02.23 - Shuji Kondo (c) vs Yoshinobu Kanemaru - AJPW: Excite Series FINAL
2013.03.01 - ACH vs Samuray Del Sol - AAW: Path of Redemption 2013
2013.03.02 - Dragon Kid (c) vs HUB - Dragon Gate: Champion Gate in Osaka
2013.03.02 - Adam Cole (c) vs Matt Taven - ROH: 11th Anniversary Show
2013.03.02 - Michael Elgin vs Roderick Strong - ROH: 11th Anniversary Show
2013.03.02 - Kevin Steen (c) vs Jay Lethal - ROH: 11th Anniversary Show
2013.03.03 - CIMA (c) vs Masato Yoshino - Dragon Gate: Champion Gate in Osaka
2013.03.03 - Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Prince Devitt - NJPW: Anniversary Show
2013.03.03 - Ricky Marvin & Super Crazy vs Chuck Taylor & Ricochet - wXw: 16 Carat 2013, Night 3
2013.03.03 - Tommy End vs Zack Sabre Jr. - wXw 16 Carat 2013, Night 3
2013.03.10 - Taiji Ishimori (c) vs Atsushi Kotoge - NOAH: Great Voyage in Yokohama
2013.03.11 - Satoshi Kojima vs Tomohiro Ishii - NJPW: New Japan Cup, Night 1
2013.03.11 - Minoru Suzuki vs Yuji Nagata - NJPW: New Japan Cup, Night 1
2013.03.11 - Davey Boy Smith Jr. vs Shinsuke Nakamura - NJPW: New Japan Cup, Night 1
2013.03.17 - Koji Kanemoto & Minoru Tanaka (c) vs Kotaro Suzuki & Atsushi Aoki - AJPW: Pro-Wrestling Love in Ryogoku
2013.03.17 - Yoshinobu Kanemaru (c) vs Kaz Hayashi - AJPW: Pro-Wrestling Love in Ryogoku
2013.03.17 - Takao Omori & Manabu Soya (c) vs Jun Akiyama & Go Shiozaki - AJPW: Pro-Wrestling Love in Ryogoku
2013.03.17 - Masakatsu Funaki (c) vs Suwama - AJPW: Pro-Wrestling Love in Ryogoku
2013.03.17 - Hirooki Goto vs Tomohiro Ishii - NJPW: New Japan Cup, Night 2
2013.03.17 - Kazuchika Okada vs Karl Anderson - NJPW: New Japan Cup, Night 2
2013.03.20 - Kenny Omega (c) vs Shigehiro Irie - DDT: Judgement 2013
2013.03.22 - Takeshi Morishima & Naomichi Marufuji vs Kensuke Sasaki & Katsuhiko Nakajima - NOAH: Morishima 15th Anniversary
2013.03.22 - Unbreakable f'n Machines vs Future Shock - PWG: All Star Weekend 9, Night 1
2013.03.22 - Drake Younger vs Sami Callihan - PWG: All Star Weekend 9, Night 1
2013.03.23 - Hirooki Goto vs Davey Boy Smith Jr. - NJPW: New Japan Cup FINAL
2013.03.23 - Kazuchika Okada vs Toru Yano - NJPW: New Japan Cup FINAL
2013.03.23 - Kazuchika Okada vs Hirooki Goto - NJPW: New Japan Cup FINAL
2013.03.24 - Frank O'Rourke vs Drew Gulak - Wrestling is Respect
2013.03.31 - Taiji Ishimori (c) vs Ricky Marvin - NOAH: Spring Navigation 2013
2013.03.31 - El Ligero (c) vs Ricochet - PROGRESS: Chapter 6, We Heart Violence
2013.04.04 - CIMA (c) vs K-ness - Dragon Gate: The Gate of Passion
2013.04.05 - Michael Elgin vs Jay Lethal - ROH: Supercard of Honor VII
2013.04.05 - Prince Devitt (c) vs Alex Shelley - NJPW: Road to Invasion Attack
2013.04.05 - Killer Elite Squad (c) vs Shinsuke Nakamura & Tomohiro Isii - NJPW: Road to Invasion Attack
2013.04.06 - Johnny Gargano (c) vs Shingo - DGUSA: Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
2013.04.07 - Shingo vs Akira Tozawa - DGUSA: Mercury Rising 2013
2013.04.07 - Time Splitters (c) vs Apollo 55 - NJPW: Invasion Attack
2013.04.07 - Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs Davey Boy Smith Jr. - NJPW: Invasion Attack
2013.04.07 - Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs Kazuchika Okada - NJPW: Invasion Attack
2013.04.18 - Suwama vs Go Shiozaki - AJPW: Champion Carnival 2013, Night 1
2013.04.20 - Masayuki Kono vs Suwama - AJPW: Champion Carnival 2013, Night 2
2013.04.21 - Jun Akiyama vs KAI - AJPW: Champion Carnival 2013, Night 3
2013.04.25 - Koji Kanemoto & Minoru Tanaka (c) vs Kotaro Suzuki & Atsushi Aoki - AJPW: Champion Carnival 2013, Night 5
2013.04.26 - Michael Elgin vs BJ Whitmer - AIW: Damn It Feels Good to be a Gangster
2013.04.29 - KAI vs Go Shiozaki - AJPW: Champion Carnival 2013 FINAL
2013.04.29 - Jun Akiyama vs KAI - AJPW: Champion Carnival 2013 FINAL
2013.05.03 - Shigehiro Irie (c) vs Kota Ibushi - DDT: Max Bump 2013
2013.05.03 - Masato Tanaka (c) vs Tomoaki Honma - NJPW: Wrestling Dontaku 2013
2013.05.03 - Hirooki Goto vs Katsuyori Shibata - NJPW: Wrestling Dontaku 2013
2013.05.03 - Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Minoru Suzuki - NJPW: Wrestling Dontaku 2013
2013.05.03 - Kenny Omega (c) vs Isami Kodaka - UNION: Golden Union 2013
2013.05.05 - Dragon Kid (c) vs Masato Yoshino - Dragon Gate: DEAD OR ALIVE
2013.05.05 - BxB Hulk & Uhaa Nation (c) vs Shingo & YAMATO - Dragon Gate: DEAD OR ALIVE
2013.05.11 - Kenta Kobashi, Keiji Mutoh, Jun Akiyama & Kensuke Sasaki vs Go Shiozaki, KENTA, Maybach Taniguchi & Yoshinobu Kanemaru - NOAH: Final Burning
2013.05.12 - KENTA (c) vs Takashi Sugiura - NOAH: Ark New Chapter
2013.05.17 - ACH & Michael Elgin vs Team Ambition - AAW: Day of Defiance 2013
2013.05.17 - Shane Hollister vs Sami Callihan - AAW: Day of Defiance 2013
2013.05.18 - Kotaro Suzuki & Atsushi Aoki (c) vs Koji Kanemoto & Minoru Tanaka - AJPW: Rise Up Tour 2013
2013.05.18 - The Young Bucks vs Pieces of Hate - CHIKARA: Tag World Grand Prix 2013, 2nd Stage
2013.05.19 - El Ligero (c) vs Noam Dar - PROGRESS: Chapter 7, Every Saint Has A Past, Every Sinner Has a Future
2013.05.19 - The London Riots vs Project Ego - PROGRESS: Chapter 7, Every Saint Has A Past, Every Sinner Has a Future
2013.05.19 - Zack Sabre Jr. vs Jimmy Havoc - PROGRESS: Chapter 7, Every Saint Has A Past, Every Sinner Has a Future
2013.05.19 - Mark Andrews vs Will Osprey - PROGRESS: Chapter 7, Every Saint Has A Past, Every Sinner Has a Future
2013.05.24 - Prince Devitt vs Ricochet - NJPW: Best of the Super Jr's XX, Night 1
2013.05.26 - The Swords of Essex vs The London Riots - RPW: Road to Thunder
2013.05.26 - Noam Dar vs Mark Andrews - RPW: Road to Thunder
2013.05.26 - MK McKinnan vs Zack Sabre Jr. - RPW: Road to Thunder
2013.05.30 - Ryusuke Taguchi vs Kenny Omega - NJPW: Best of the Super Jr's XX, Night 4
2013.05.30 - Prince Devitt vs Ricochet - NJPW: Best of the Super Jr's XX, Night 4
2013.06.02 - Yoshinobu Kanemaru (c) vs Hiroshi Yamato - AJPW: Rise Up Tour 2013 FINAL
2013.06.02 - Ricochet vs Titan - NJPW: Best of the Super Jr's XX, Night 6
2013.06.02 - Ryusuke Taguchi vs KUSHIDA - NJPW: Best of the Super Jr's XX, Night 6
2013.06.02 - The Colony vs The Devastation Corporation - CHIKARA: Aniversario, Never Compromise
2013.06.03 - Johnny Gargano vs Ethan Page - AIW: Absolution VIII
2013.06.03 - Josh Alexander vs Michael Elgin - AIW: Absolution VIII
2013.06.05 - Yuji Okabayashi vs Ryuichi Kawakami - BJW: Strong Style Rising
2013.06.06 - Kenny Omega vs KUSHIDA - NJPW: Best of the Super Jr's XX, Night 9
2013.06.06 - Alex Shelley vs Ricochet - NJPW: Best of the Super Jr's XX, Night 9
2013.06.09 - Prince Devitt vs Kenny Omega - NJPW: Best of the Super Jr's XX FINAL
2013.06.09 - Alex Shelley vs TAKA Michinoku - NJPW: Best of the Super Jr's XX FINAL
2013.06.09 - Prince Devitt vs Alex Shelley - NJPW: Best of the Super Jr's XX FINAL
2013.06.15 - Kyle O'Reilly vs Davey Richards - PWG: Is Your Body Ready?
2013.06.15 - Project Ego (c) vs The Swords of Essex - RPW: When Thunder Strikes
2013.06.15 - Prince Devitt (c) vs Jushin 'Thunder' Liger - RPW: When Thunder Strikes
2013.06.22 - Forever Hooligans (c) vs Time Splitters - NJPW: DOMINION
2013.06.22 - Katsuyori Shibata vs Hirooki Goto - NJPW: DOMINION
2013.06.22 - Prince Devitt vs Hiroshi Tanahashi - NJPW: DOMINION
2013.06.22 - Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Togi Makabe - NJPW: DOMINION
2013.06.23 - Shigehiro Irie (c) vs Keisuke Ishii - DDT: What are you Doing?
2013.06.28 - Michael Elgin (c) vs Shane Hollister - AAW: Bound By Hate 2013
2013.06.30 - Yoshinobu Kanemaru (c) vs Minoru Tanaka - AJPW: Pro-Wrestling Love in Ryogoku
2013.06.30 - Suwama (c) vs Jun Akiyama - AJPW: Pro-Wrestling Love in Ryogoku
2013.06.30 - Frank O'Rourke vs Green Ant - Wrestling is Respect: Quest to be the Best
2013.07.05 - Prince Devitt (c) vs Gedo - NJPW: Kizuna Road
2013.07.06 - Frank O'Rourke vs Drew Gulak - Wrestling is Awesome
2013.07.14 - Suwama vs Go Shiozaki - AJPW: Summer Action Series
2013.07.20 - Minoru Suzuki vs Tomohiro Ishii - NJPW: Kizuna Road FINAL
2013.07.20 - Shinsuke Nakamura vs La Sombra - NJPW: Kizuna Road FINAL
2013.07.20 - Hirooki Goto vs Katsuyori Shibata - NJPW: Kizuna Road FINAL
2013.07.20 - Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Prince Devitt - NJPW: Kizuna Road FINAL
2013.07.21 - Masato Yoshino (c) vs K-ness - Dragon Gate: Kobe World Pro-Wrestling Festival
2013.07.21 - YAMATO vs Masaaki Mochizuki - Dragon Gate: Kobe World Pro-Wrestling Festival
2013.07.21 - Akira Tozawa & BxB Hulk (c) vs Naruki Doi & Ricochet - Dragon Gate: Kobe World Pro-Wrestling Festival
2013.07.21 - CIMA (c) vs Shingo - Dragon Gate: Kobe World Pro-Wrestling Festival
2013.07.21 - Shigehiro Irie (c) vs Yuji Okabayashi - DDT: Road to Ryogoku
2013.07.21 - Johnny Gargano vs JT Dunn - Beyond Wrestling: Americanrana
2013.07.21 - Eddie Edwards vs Biff Busick - Beyond Wrestling: Americanrana
2013.07.28 - Suwama & Takao Omori vs Jun Akiyama & Go Shiozaki - AJPW: Summer Action Series FINAL
2013.07.28 - Danny Garnell vs Rob Lynch - PROGRESS: Chapter 8, The Big Boys Guide to Strong Style
2013.07.28 - Project Ego vs The Hunter Brothers - PROGRESS: Chapter 8, The Big Boys Guide to Strong Style
2031.07.28 - El Ligero (c) vs Rampage Brown - PROGRESS: Chapter 8, The Big Boys Guide to Strong Style
2013.08.01 - Katsuyori Shibata vs Davey Boy Smith Jr. - NJPW: G1 Climax 23, Night 1
2013.08.01 - Yuji Nagata vs Minoru Suzuki - NJPW: G1 Climax 23, Night 1
2013.08.01 - Karl Anderson vs Shinsuke Nakamura - NJPW: G1 Climax 23, Night 1
2013.08.01 - Satoshi Kojima vs Hiroshi Tanahashi - NJPW: G1 Climax 23, Night 1
2013.08.02 - Satoshi Kojima vs Katsuyori Shibata - NJPW: G1 Climax 23, Night 2
2013.08.02 - Kota Ibushi vs Tetsuya Naito - NJPW: G1 Climax 23, Night 2
2013.08.02 - Tomohiro Ishii vs Hiroshi Tanahashi - NJPW: G1 Climax 23, Night 2
2013.08.03 - Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Davey Boy Smith Jr. - NJPW: G1 Climax 23, Night 3
2013.08.03 - Michael Elgin vs Paul London - ROH: All Star Extravaganza V
2013.08.04 - Davey Boy Smith Jr. vs Satoshi Kojima - NJPW: G1 Climax 23, Night 4
2013.08.04 - Tomohiro Ishii vs Katsuyori Shibata - NJPW: G1 Climax 23, Night 4
2013.08.04 - Tetsuya Naito vs Minoru Suzuki - NJPW: G1 Climax 23, Night 4
2013.08.04 - Shinsuke Nakamura vs Kota Ibushi - NJPW: G1 Climax 23, Night 4
2013.08.04 - Taiji Ishimori (c) vs Zack Sabre Jr. - NOAH: Departure 2013
2013.08.06 - Satoshi Kojima vs Tomohiro Ishii - NJPW: G1 Climax 23, Night 5
2013.08.06 - Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Togi Makabe - NJPW: G1 Climax 23, Night 5
2013.08.07 - Davey Boy Smith Jr. vs Tomohiro Ishii - NJPW: G1 Climax 23, Night 6
2013.08.07 - Kazuchika Okada vs Katsuyori Shibata - NJPW: G1 Climax 23, Night 6
2013.08.07 - Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Hirooki Goto - NJPW: G1 Climax 23, Night 6
2013.08.08 - Karl Anderson vs Yuji Nagata - NJPW: G1 Climax 23, Night 7
2013.08.08 - Kazuchika Okada vs Tomohiro Ishii - NJPW: G1 Climax 23, Night 7
2013.08.08 - Togi Makabe vs Satoshi Kojima - NJPW: G1 Climax 23, Night 7
2013.08.09 - Johnny Gargano & Chuck Taylor vs Brian Kendrick & Paul London - PWG: TEN
2013.08.09 - Kyle O'Reilly vs TJ Perkins - PWG: TEN
2013.08.09 - The Young Bucks (c) vs DojoBros vs Inner City Machine Guns - PWG: TEN
2013.08.10 - Minoru Suzuki vs Kota Ibushi - NJPW: G1 Climax 23, Night 8
2013.08.10 - Tetsuya Naito vs Shinsuke Nakamura - NJPW: G1 Climax 23, Night 8
2013.08.10 - Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Kazuchika Okada - NJPW: G1 Climax 23, Night 8
2013.08.11 - Toru Yano vs Minoru Suzuki - NJPW: G1 Climax 23 FINAL
2013.08.11 - Tetsuya Naito vs Karl Anderson - NJPW: G1 Climax 23 FINAL
2013.08.11 - Satoshi Kojima vs Kazuchika Okada - NJPW: G1 Climax 23 FINAL
2013.08.11 - Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Katsuyori Shibata - NJPW: G1 Climax 23 FINAL
2013.08.11 - Tetsuya Naito vs Hiroshi Tanahashi - NJPW: G1 Climax 23 FINAL
2013.08.18 - Kazuchika Okada vs Kota Ibushi - DDT: Ryogoku Peter Pan 2013
2013.08.23 - ACH (c) vs Kyle O'Reilly - AAW: Reign of Violence
2013.08.25 - Yoshinobu Kanemaru (c) vs Hikaru Sato - AJPW: Summer Impact 2013 FINAL
2013.08.25 - Suwama (c) vs Go Shiozaki - AJPW: Summer Impact 2013 FINAL
2013.08.30 - Mark Andrews vs Pete Dunne - AIW: Gleaming the Cube
2013.08.30 - Josh Alexander vs Mr. Touchdown - AIW: Gleaming the Cube
2013.08.30 - ACH vs Anthony Nese - PWG: Battle of Los Angeles 2013, Night 1
2013.08.31 - Michael Elgin vs Roderick Strong - PWG: Battle of Los Angeles 2013, Night 2
2013.08.31 - Kyle O'Reilly vs Drake Younger - PWG: Battle of Los Angeles 2013, Night 2
2013.08.31 - Kyle O'Reilly vs Michael Elgin - PWG: Battle of Los Angeles 2013, Night 2
2013.09.08 - Koji Kanemoto & Minoru Tanaka vs Fujita 'Jr' Hayato & Masaaki Mochizuku - Wrestle-1: Raising an Army
2013.09.08 - Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi vs Kaz Hayashi & Shuji Kondo - Wrestle-1: Raising an Army
2013.09.08 - Masakatsu Funaki & Masayuki Kono vs Katsuyori Shibata & Kazushi Sakuraba - Wrestle-1: Raising an Army
2013.09.11 - Go Shiozaki vs Kotaro Suzuki - AJPW: Royal Road Tournament
2013.09.15 - Biff Busick & Drew Gulak vs Eddie Edwards & Roderick Strong - Beyond Wrestling: Point of No Return
2013.09.29 - Masato Tanaka (c) vs Tetsuya Naito - NJPW: DESTRUCTION
2013.09.29 - Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Satoshi Kojima - NJPW: DESTRUCTION
2013.09.29 - Tommy End vs Dave Mastiff - PROGRESS: Chapter 9, Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kick Me, Kill Me
2013.09.29 - Zack Sabre Jr. vs Mark Haskins vs Ricochet - PROGRESS: Chapter 9, Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kick Me, Kill Me
2013.09.29 - Rampage Brown (c) vs Doug Williams PROGRESS: Chapter 9, Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kick Me, Kill Me
2013.10.13 - Daichi Hashimoto vs Katsuhiko Nakajima - ZERO1: Days of Thunder
2013.10.14 - Katsuyori Shibata vs Tomohiro Ishii - NJPW: King of Pro-Wrestling
2013.10.14 - Tetsuya Naito (c) vs Yujiro Takahashi - NJPW: King of Pro-Wrestling
2013.10.14 - Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs Naomichi Marufuji - NJPW: King of Pro-Wrestling
2013.10.14 - Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Hiroshi Tanahashi - NJPW: King of Pro-Wrestling
2013.10.19 - Michael Elgin vs Noam Dar - RPW: Uprising 2013
2013.10.19 - Prince Devitt (c) vs Ricochet - RPW: Uprising 2013
2013.10.19 - Zack Sabre Jr. vs Davey Richards - RPW: Uprising 2013
2013.10.19 - Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Marty Scurll - RPW: Uprising 2013
2013.10.27 - KENTA vs Katsuhiko Nakajima - NOAH: Global League
2013.11.03 - T-Hawk & EITA vs Dragon Kid & K-ness - Dragon Gate: Gate of Destiny
2013.11.03 - Masato Yoshino (c) vs Naruki Doi - Dragon Gate: Gate of Destiny
2013.11.09 - Katsuyori Shibata vs Tomoaki Honma - NJPW: Power Struggle
2013.11.09 - Tetsuya Naito (c) vs Masato Tanaka - NJPW: Power Struggle
2013.11.09 - Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs Minoru Suzuki - NJPW: Power Struggle
2013.11.09 - Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Karl Anderson - NJPW: Power Struggle
2013.11.24 - Mark Andrews vs Paul Robinson - PROGRESS: Chapter 10, Glory Follows Virtue as if it Were its Shadow
2013.12.05 - Shinsuke Nakamura & Tomohiro Ishii vs Masato Tanaka & Yujiro Takahashi - NJPW: World Tag League - Day 10

Boots, I love your year end master lists for great matches. You watch wrasslin about as much as I listen to music. I could make an album list about that long.

gurudyne

You'll probably want to ask a WWE nerd for a more detailed list - as you can see, I haven't been paying much attention for the past three months.

Swagger-Zayn, Neville-Zayn and Del Rio-Christian (Summerslam) all deserve spots. 12 man RAW main event and T-Day Smackdown main event deserve a special mention as well.

strobogo

Banned
legitshook.com

ECW December to Dismember 12/3/2006

WWEECW's only real solo PPV. There were the 2 One Night Stand PPVs, but those were more reunion shows than anything else. This is the only real PPV with just wrestlers from the ECW on Sci-Fi show. This is considered one of the worst PPVs ever put on. I don't know if that means WWE exclusive or not, but we'll see how it goes.

MNM vs The Hardy Boys

This was a big deal as it was the first time the Hardys had been reunited since 2002. That isn't actually true, as they teamed together on the ECW TV show before the PPV. But MNM had been one of the biggest tag teams in WWE in 2005/2006. They were a mainstay of Smackdown during that time. The Hardy Boys broke up in 2002 and then Jeff was released from WWE due to drug issues. He recently had cleaned up and returned to WWE and reunited with his brother. Joey Mercury had also had drug issues and was reuniting with Johnny Nitro after a suspension and some time in OVW. Matt and Mercury start out. Mercury and the Hardys started out together in OMEGA in the mid 90s. They have an even exchange. Nitro and Jeff had been feuding on Raw, with a recent ladder match between the two over the IC Championship. The Hardys do some basic arm work on Mercury. Joey tags out. Frequent tags between the Hardys. The Hardys were actually announced as Team Xtreme. Double team offense from the Hardys, including that move they did in the Chef Boyarde commercial. Taz has already started his commentary that Botchamania would make famous. "She's a crack whore" chant for Melina. Have these fans ever seen a crack whore? Nitro goes to town on Jeff. That is, until he misses a standing SSP. Is there least impactful move than a standing SSP? Splash Mountain Bomb from Matt to Nitro. Melina trips up Matt. He goes after her and gets laid out on the floor. Double gut buster to Matt. He might puke up some grapes. Head scissors from Melina, which gives Taz a boner. That screaming is awful. Taz's boners over it just makes it worse. Matt gets out of a double suplex with a double neck breaker. MNM do Poetry In Motion to Matt. Joey goes for the Twist of Fate. Matt shoves it off and hot tags to Jeff. Jeff goes crazy. Matt and Joey go to the floor and we have a dive sequence. Hardys hit the Poetry in Motion. Matt nails the TOF, but Jeff misses the swanton. Nitro nails a missile drop kick. Double slingshot from MNM on Jeff. Stupid leg drop from Nitro. That shit was dumb as fuck and it's no wonder he never made it as a solo star. Jeff is double teamed for a while. Matt gets the hot tag. Side Effects and leg drops. Hardys try some double team, which turns into a super rana from Nitro. Stereo superplexes from the Hardys. Jeff nearly gets the win with a roll up. Snap Shot from MNM. Matt barely breaks the pin. MNM attempt a super Snap Shot on Jeff. Matt breaks it up with a double Kanyon Cutter. BANG! Jeff hits a Swanton Bomb of both men and make the pin for the win. This was pretty great. I remember it being MOTYC in 2006 and I believe the tag team MOTY. Probably shouldn't have opened the show since it was all down hill from here.

ibdmJKq5zKUsca.gif

iO55Xng5ngGOE.gif

iJsjtW2CgrSLR.gif

ECW.COM EXCLUSIVE. RVD promo on the Extreme Elimination Chamber. Fucking RVD.

Matt Striker vs Balls Mahoney

Matt does promo work before the match to kill PPV time. I have no idea why they did an ECW brand PPV. It definitely couldn't support a 3 hour show. This match will be contested under EXTREME...enforcement of rules. Striker's face is on the back of his tights. "You have to wonder about a man that wants to sit on his own face." Balls wrestles a straight match, even doing a leap frog. Fans hate Striker. Taz says something about an effeminate cover. Striker works over the arm for a while. The idea that this is a PPV match shows you everything you need to know about the ECW brand in 2006. It couldn't support its own PPV in 2006. Balls wins with a sit out spine buster. OUTTA NOWHERE. I can't believe Balls got that WWE money for a few months.

TO THE BACK. CM Punk warms up for the Elimination Chamber. Elsewhere, we find Sabu being attended to by paramedics. He probably overdosed. Paul Heyman wants to know what happened. Fans are chanting, "bullshit".

Elijah Burke/Sylvester Terkay vs The FBI

I almost forgot Pope and Predator ever existed. I guess Pope was a real asshole, so much that he couldn't survive in WWE or TNA. As for Predator, I don't really know. He just didn't work out in America. He had a pretty good career in Japan. Trinity was fresh off her run in TNA. This is another example of why the ECW brand couldn't support a solo PPV. I like Guido and Tony Mamaluke, but his is a straight up Thunder match at best. The second one in a row. Trinity is super hot for a post op transsexual. "The Man Bear" isn't the best nickname WWE has come up with. If Pope wasn't such a cunt, he could have been a big star. I really liked his TNA run until he hurt his shoulder. Then he just kind of vanished like most TNA guys, But he was in The Dark Knight Rises. Too bad that movie wasn't that good. It could have been. Bane was boss as fuck. Catwoman was pretty sexy. Alfred crying made me cry. But most of the movie was boring. Just like this match. There isn't anything to gif. Pope wins with the Stroke. Predator did a muscle buster after the match and the crowd was so dead you could hear the one guy chanting TNA.

I'm drunk and the crackers I'm eating taste disgusting.

TO THE BACK. Sabu is put into an ambulance. RVD and CM Punk are there to see him off.

Daivari vs Tommy Dreamer

Thunder rolls on. At least Tommy got a generic version of Man in the Box. None of the other ECW guys got themes that sounded like their ECW entrance music. Daivari is obviously a better wrestler, but I bet a Dreamer/Khali match would be more interesting. It's pretty obvious to see why ECW never got another PPV, but I don't know if it was a self fulfilling prophecy or not. Khali is ejected from ringside. I forgot all about Mickie Jay having a WWE run. I wonder if his balls were ever the same after Goldberg crushed them with a spear. This is a TV match, both in importance and in ring work. Taz talks about Tommy's FAT ASS. Because he's FAT. HE'S A FAT ASS WITH A FAT ASS. Tree of Keanu dropkick from Dreamer. It looked like shit. Daivari won with a roll up OUTTA NOWHERE. After the match, Khali gave Tommy a double chokeslam on the stage just so Tommy could take a big bump. It was shown multiple times but it is hard to take it seriously after all the normal bumps on the stage and especially all the bumps Tommy took in OG ECW. Tommy left on his own power because he's EXTREME.

iXFlGW8WJiUya.gif

TO THE BACK. Paul Heyman talks with Hardcore Holly. He asks Holly to replace Sabu in the Elimination Chamber. Actually, he doesn't ask, he just booked Holy in the match. Holly was in his gear already. Just in case, I guess.

Mike Knox/Kelly Kelly vs Kevin Thorn/Ariel

Kelly was only 20 when she showed up in ECW. Mike Knox hasn't grown his awesome beard and is still pretty small at this point. Kelly wishes CM Punk good luck in the main event. She had a thing for him. Kevin Thorn was the former Mordecai and current Gangrel. Ariel was the future some dame in TNA. Mike Knox is know Knuxx in TNA. I don't know what the story for this match was and there wasn't a story recap. Kelly Kelly is the only face in the match. People thought Taz went off the rails in TNA, but it definitely happened while doing WWECW. Mike Knox short handed Kelly, leaving her to the wolves. Well, the vampires. Ariel won with a choke STO. Ariel attacks Kelly until Sandman comes out to run the vampires off.

ibpq3hqBbFslXf.gif

TO THE BACK
. I don't know who the woman is, but she's terrible and talks to Bobby Lashley. We're shown clips of Lashley vs Big Show from last week. Bobby has such an unintimidating voice. He also looks like a Muppet Baby. Elsewhere, Big Show, Test, and Hardcore Holly head to the arena.

Very long EC video package. Very long. Clearly trying to eat up PPV time.

Extreme Elimination Chamber ECW Championship

Hardcore Holly replaces Sabu in the match. Other competitors are Big Show, Lashley, RVD, Test, and CM Punk. Paul Heyman cut a long promo before the match, also eating up PPV time. He says that the legacy of ECW will live on after he dies and says the era of Sabu/RVD/Sandman/Tommy Dreamer is over. He talked for a good 6 minutes. The video package before the match was probably 3 minutes. Then they did they slow lowering and spent time going over the rules. Plus all the entrances. Nearly 20 minutes of fluff before the match even started. Maybe they could have just added a match or two to the card to take up time. Oh, ECW didn't have the roster to add another match or two. Maybe that's why they shouldn't have had an ECW exclusive PPV. God, Big Show's entrance alone was as long as Undertaker's. Punk looks weird. He's beefier, but still a skinny fat ass, and it's weird seeing him with long hair again. He looks much better today. Bobcore and RVD start the match. This is EXTREME because there are weapons in each pod. I swear they restarted the pod timer to add even more padding to the match. RVD does some Spiderman shit. This is so boring already. Rolling Thunder over the top rope. That was kind of cool, I guess. Punk is next man in and is the first guy to get a reaction all night. He comes in throwing chairs and gets Sabu'd with one. Monkey flip on a chair. Looked like shit and the fans booed at it. Some more chair stuff. RVD is busted open. Punk tries a flying rana to Holly and gets Cesaro'd into the chamber. You're not likely to hear a PPV crowd more dead than this crowd. You can hear individual people whistling. Test is in. No reaction. He's doing stuff with a crowbar. No one cares. About anything. Punk is the only guy fans cared about and he did a few moves and spent the rest lying in a corner somewhere. Just like everyone else. Most of the match is people resting. RVD eliminates Punk. Test SWERVES Holly and boots him in the face. He allegedly pins him, but the pin was botched and no one knew what happened. RVD is pulled off the top of a pod by his hair. Test follows it up with an elbow drop on a chair from he top of the same pod. He pretty much landed with his whole body on the chair. Lashley enters. As he was about to be let out, Heyman's riot squad deck the ref and won't let him out. He uses the table in his pod to bust the roof and climbs out. Test kind of/sort of goes through one of the chambers. This is bad. The fans are sleeping and I'm not sure the wrestlers are even awake. A spear eliminates Test. Bobby does his posing after knocking Show around and the fans boo, which then fades to indifference. Shoe gets thrown through a pod. He punches his way out of the other side. Lashley wins with a spear. New champion!

ihb8cLG50Jjv7.gif

iq33l24oQPKLD.gif

ibpH57makMkOw8.gif

iMkQMWUC7kxjE.gif

iPAZlbr3Jrhe7.gif

iZbZxaxffim0o.gif

ibxm77yG2Cf4m3.gif

DQ Count: 0 out of 6 matches.

I believe Vince took Heyman off booking duties for ECW right after this show. The way the first few months of the revival went, it seems like Paul was intentionally trying to get kicked off the writing team for the show. This is for sure one of the worst WWE produced PPVs, both in terms of matches booked and the content of the matches. I guess the story was that Paul wanted Punk to win while Vince thought the fans wanted to see Lashley and a long celebration. Paul repeatedly told Vince that the fans weren't going to go for it and Vince ended up sending him home for being right.

It was just the hour long show but extended to PPV length. Except they barely had the roster to support the TV show and had short matches that no one cared about in front of a dead crowd. If you cut out the fluff, I think the whole card could have fit on the TV show. The only thing worth seeing was the Hardys/MNM tag match. It was legitimately good. The rest was garbage. The EC was dreadfully boring. The majority of the match was guys just hanging out doing nothing. Not even selling. Just lying down. No one wanted to see Lashley be the champ. I don't know why they took Sabu out of the match on the night of the show and only had Sandman do a post match run in. It's not like they had many real ECW stars, so they should have used all of them for the show. Running the show in Georgia instead of an area where ECW had been popular like Philly/NYC/Florida was a big mistake.

Top Bottom