• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Pictures from Akira Taue's retirement match today;

idRl73DXuCg0I.jpg

Also, here's a bunch of Taue matches from early in his career;

Genichiro Tenryu vs Akira Taue - (AJPW 04/16/1990)
Mitsuharu Misawa & Toshiaki Kawada vs Jumbo Tsuruta & Akira Taue - (AJPW 09/30/1990)
Toshiaki Kawada vs Akira Taue - (AJPW 01/15/1991)
Jumbo Tsuruta vs Akira Taue - (AJPW 03/29/1991)
Jumbo Tsuruta & Akira Taue vs Mitsuharu Misawa & Toshiaki Kawada - (AJPW 11/29/1991)

Well worth a watch if you're unfamiliar with the guy.

Bootaay looking at the twitter of Mastiff and Manson it seems they are really pissed off about the Vader business last night

Reading between the lines sounds like he demanded extra cash and couldn't even lock up, I tweeted mastiff saying he deserved better and he said he wouldn't ever rip fans off implying Vader did

Bootaay looking at the twitter of Mastiff and Manson it seems they are really pissed off about the Vader business last night

Reading between the lines sounds like he demanded extra cash and couldn't even lock up, I tweeted mastiff saying he deserved better and he said he wouldn't ever rip fans off implying Vader did

Man, that's harsh, I expected better from Vader, but I guess that's always going to be a peril of using imports, especially when they're Vader's age. Mastiff really deserves better than that.

Marvel

could never
My sister walked by the TV during the Bad News Barret thing and said "wtf are they doing with Wade? too hot for this lame shit" lol she isn't even a huge fan of wrestling.

Yikes!

somedevil

The Supposed Location of WrestleMania 31:

- WWE will be announcing WrestleMania 2015 this coming Tuesday from the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, California. The San Francisco 49ers NFL team were the key to getting the bid. WrestleMania 31 will be held at Levi's Stadium while the Hall of Fame and RAW will take place at the SAP Center in San Jose, California.

Also, more Slammy's nominees:

- WWE has announced Slammy Award nominees for the Extreme Moment of the Year, which will be presented by Mick Foley. The nominees are:

* The Shield triple powerbomb The Undertaker on SmackDown

* Ryback spears John Cena through the LED light board at Extreme Rules

* CM Punk gets revenge on Paul Heyman at Hell In a Cell

* The Wyatt Family crushes Kane at SummerSlam

Xater

My sister walked by the TV during the Bad News Barret thing and said "wtf are they doing with Wade? too hot for this lame shit" lol she isn't even a huge fan of wrestling.

Yikes!

I would really like to see the meeting where they come up with shit like that and everyone thinks it's a great idea. I just can't believe it something like this can make it out of a rooms of sensible people.

Does anyone watch NXT?

Yep, best WWE show right now.

XenoRaven

Good lord King! HHH just Pedigreed Punk right into that cell phone!
That's right Cole, and our viewers can download the WWE App right now to see the footage directly from the cell phone camera! Available on the App Store!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
God damn, this feels like home! Russo didn't book this directly, but I have no doubt he gave JB all the ideas for the show. Male on female violence (3 matches worth), Jeff Jarrett talking about stroke/chosen one, a tournament where every match is a gimmick match, 3 over booked Jeff Jarrett finishes, Stevie Ray doing back stage stuff, the way it was shot, the same production errors. This was more WCW than TNA ever was. This WAS a WCW show.

WCW 1999-2001 talent used: Jeff Jarrett, Buff Bagwell, Lenny, Lodi, Disco Inferno, Crowbar, Norman Smiley, Jeremy Borash, Stevie Ray, Bret Hart, Slick Johnson, Juvi, Hypnosis, Konnan. Does that not just scream Thunder to you?

I missed this when Stro posted it, fantastic gif of the Banana taking that fall. Fucking hilarity. That Luna bump is ridiculous too. Jeezus.

strobogo

Banned
I think Bananas in Pajamas or whatever it was called aired on American TV as well.

Apparently so, as a syndicated children's show that ran for 2 (1995-1997) years in America. Makes total sense to run a show long angle on a show presumably for adults in 2001. This is the same show that had a Skin to Win and Tits, Whips, and Buffs match. Running a show long parody of a children's show that really only the live crowd would get is just good solid booking.

Full line-up for the New Japan World Tag League Final!!

The show starts in about 13 and a half hours, 16:00 JST | 07:00 GMT | 02:00 EST | 11:00 PST

NJPW, "WORLD TAG LEAGUE - FINAL", 2013.12.08
Aichi Prefectural Gymnasium

http://www.ustream.tv/njpw - $25, VOD until 12/15, 16:00 JST

01. Yohei Komatsu vs Katsuyori Shibata
02. BUSHI & KUSHIDA vs Suzuki-gun (TAKA Michinoku & Taichi)
03. Muscle Orchestra (Strongman & Manabu Nakanishi) vs Rob Conway & Jax Dane
04. World Tag League - Semi-Final #1:
G.B.H. (Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma) vs Bullet Club (Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson
05. World Tag League - Semi-Final #2:
b]TenKoji (Satoshi Kojima & Hiroyoshi Tenzan) vs K.E.S. (Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr.)[/b]
06. Kota Ibushi & Captain New Japan vs Bullet Club (Prince Devitt & Bad Luck Fale)
07. Kazushi Sakuraba & Yuji Nagata vs CHAOS (Takashi Iizuka & YOSHI-HASHI)
08. CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano) vs Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki & Shelton Benjamin)
09. Tetsuya Naito, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Jushin Liger, Tiger Mask & La Sombra vs CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Shinsuke Nakamura, Masato Tanaka, Yujiro Takahashi & Gedo)
10. World Tag League - FINAL

That's a pretty great looking card. Shibata is going to fucking MURDER poor, poor Komatsu. Both the semi-finals look good, although I'm pretty certain
it'll be a Bullet Club vs KES final, which should be awesome
. Also, that 10-man tag! It's in the semi-main spot, so it should be a fairly lengthy affair. The other random tag matches look OK, CHAOS vs Suzuki-gun is bound to have some awesome Ishii vs Suzuki hate, while it'll be fun to see how Ibushi does when burdened by Captain. I'm really looking forward to this, even if I do have to wake up at 7AM on a Sunday to see it x_x.

Anyone else going to be watching?

KissVibes

Banned
I found it sad that on the rare occasion that Daniel Bryan uses twitter, it's about something serious and people still harass him for follows and ask dumb, unrelated questions.

I bet he hates the internet. I wonder if he even has a smartphone.

Any true Libertarian should be happy to be bent over by corporations. If anything, those are anti-Libertarian posts and are secretly kayfabe prods at Kane for their upcoming feud.

One of his other tweets said he wanted to see Kane run for president.

strobogo

Banned
who the fuck is Mastiff? he doesn't matter, if anything he should kneel and carry Vader's dick around the arena.

That's kind of what I was thinking. I mean, it's pretty normal for older dudes to phone shit in for tiny indies, but Mastiff acts like Vader is just some jobber who had no success in pro wrestling or something. I mean, does Mastiff have his own mini? Was Mastiff on Boy Meets World? Of course not. Dave Mastiff is just some fat guy who thinks he's a bad ass. He isn't a true legend like Vader. Dave Mastiff never had a stand off with Mr. Feeny.

hqdefault.jpg

tumblr_m7c636LDIx1qisjqxo1_500.jpg

PCW should have spent the money on flying out the Rock 'n' Roll Express - sure, Ricky & Robert would've wrestled the same 3-5 minute match they've been doing for the past two decades, but it probably would've been more entertaining that an uncooperative Vader incapable of even locking up.

who the fuck is Mastiff? he doesn't matter, if anything he should kneel and carry Vader's dick around the arena.

Sounds like Vader was flown out to put on a terrible show for a lot of money, fuck him. If he can't go, he shouldn't be taking bookings to wrestle. The fact that PCW put him up against Mastiff kinda shows they were expecting an actual match out of the man, otherwise they would have had him squash some legitimate jobbers, rather than one of the biggest names in UK wrestling.

ibkN0bkDBw81pK.gif

Top Bottom