• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

DMczaf

#thefuture

tumblr_mwsc50Lzm81rdbtdno1_1280.jpg

strobogo

Banned
I'm not really a fan of implants, but Flair's daughter should do SOMETHING to look more feminine. She's build so much like a dude that it's distracting. But not in the same way that Chyna was. She is just built like a tall lanky guy.

DMczaf

WWE really do need to start enforcing kayfabe on social media. It's not uncommon for companies to have social media restrictions on their employees, and in an industry where people's ability to immerse is already so constantly strained, this is a further hindrance.

Bill Watts, is that you?

I've been waiting for a moment to use this gif:

imShWB0rsLVeJ.gif

but no opportunities have presented themselves!

Oh I have one.

2b3e7b245fc111e3b6a3128c8a9275ba_7.jpg

imShWB0rsLVeJ.gif

Xater

WWE really do need to start enforcing kayfabe on social media. It's not uncommon for companies to have social media restrictions on their employees, and in an industry where people's ability to immerse is already so constantly strained, this is a further hindrance.

Does that really bother you that much? I am glad that kayfabe is basically no longer a thing outside of the shows. Shit is dumb.

strobogo

Banned

WWE has a show that goes well beyond crushing kayfabe, and then promote that same show on their kayfabe shows. They've also had multiple seasons of Tough Enough, which also crushed kayfabe. People posting stuff on the Twittah Machine doesn't matter.

WWE has a show that goes well beyond crushing kayfabe, and then promote that same show on their kayfabe shows. They've also had multiple seasons of Tough Enough, which also crushed kayfabe. People posting stuff on the Twittah Machine doesn't matter.

Well Total Divas is a bit different as it has its OWN kayfabe that is buried within kayfabe.

I guess my point was more that I wish they would try to reverse course a bit and restore SOME balance. Is it a big deal? No, but I think it's a nice touch.

Mr. McFlower agrees with me!

strobogo

Banned
I just don't want that shit on shows. That's all I ask. I don't care that Christopher Bale and Tom Hardy are bros on Twitter and in public. I just don't want them palling around in the movie. I don't need my disbelief suspended when not watching the show, just during it.

DM, you salty Kaytlin's getting married?

isn't her husband a huge, PED-filled bodybuilder? dude will be dead before he hits 40, stroke. just hang in there, your time will come.

Aiii

So not worth it
Yeah, they're characters in a TV show, I don't need them to be their characters when they're not performing.

I guess my point was more that I wish they would try to reverse course a bit and restore SOME balance. Is it a big deal? No, but I think it's a nice touch.

Mr. McFlower agrees with me!

I agree, it's not at all important, but it adds another layer of character - I like the way New Japan do it. The heels and faces never mix and if you follow them on twitter, you'll notice that stables only ever hang out together. You'll never see CHAOS mixing with Suzuki-gun, for instance.

Bootaaay, if there's one MMA match you need to watch in your life it's last night's Mark Hunt v Bigfoot Silva.

it even got the coveted JR seal of approval:

00i3igk.png

2 big dudes bleeding an easy 8/10 Muta Scale, throwing bombs for 25 minutes.

im-ufcmain-wide-20131207165656336230-620x349.jpg

Ithil

I'm not really a fan of implants, but Flair's daughter should do SOMETHING to look more feminine. She's build so much like a dude that it's distracting. But not in the same way that Chyna was. She is just built like a tall lanky guy.

That's the big problem. Wouldn't be a problem in, say, SHIMMER, but in WWE, it is. It's not like Bayley who has a plain face but rockin' body, Charlotte has that weird, mannish body and takes after her dad in a bad way face wise.
She looks much older than she actually is, too.

So in 10 years, when BleacherReport.com does a "where are they now/what happened?" post about Dolph Ziggler, do you think they'll mention the Zack Ryder shirt? Cuz honestly, after his title win, that's pretty much THE most notable thing he did all year, in my mind.

strobogo

Banned
She has no curves. Implants would at least give the illusion of curves. Is she still doing the super sexy entrance that is the complete opposite of sexy? I'm pretty behind on NXT. I think pants/tights might help give the impression of curves.

Ithil

She has no curves. Implants would at least give the illusion of curves. Is she still doing the super sexy entrance that is the complete opposite of sexy? I'm pretty behind on NXT. I think pants/tights might help give the impression of curves.

She hasn't had a match on TV since her heel turn, so it remains to be seen. A heel turn and costume overhaul did wonders for making Sasha Banks more attractive, but she was never really unattractive, just generic.
I think it really didn't help Charlotte to be teamed with Bayley right off the bad, given their difference in hips. Really highlighted the oddities.

Rapstah

Based on the terminology used by WWE in regards to the title match at TLC I've come to the conclusion that one guy will grab one belt (Cena or Orton presumably getting the WWE title) and there then being interference that forces the other belt to stay vacant. Gives them an extra month to figure out something to do, anything to do, and means they technically only have one champion leaving TLC. They've been very careful about talking about there only being one belt, it's been heavily implied that the unified champion will have both belts.

Fun main event! An OK show overall, not one of New Japan's best, but the 10-man tag and the main event are well worth a watch.

Only 1 iPPV left this year, Road to Tokyo Dome on December 21st - no word on the card, as of yet.

Also, some stuff confirmed (or sort of confirmed) for Wrestle Kingdom;

. Togi Makabe vs Bad Luck Fale
. Minoru Suzuki vs Toru Yano, in some form
K.E.S. (c) vs Anderson & Gallows

I would assume the 21st PPV will likely feature Nakamura/Okada vs. Tanahashi/Naito as the main event....seems pretty obvious.

Also, I have a feeling that TenKoji's loss will lead to them having the match they wanted at last year's Wrestle Kingdom, with them against Hashimoto and Mutoh, before Hashimoto was injured and replaced with Ohtani.

Also, wasn't Goto/Shibata confirmed last night? Or will Goto not be back from injury then?

strobogo

Banned
Based on the terminology used by WWE in regards to the title match at TLC I've come to the conclusion that one guy will grab one belt (Cena or Orton presumably getting the WWE title) and there then being interference that forces the other belt to stay vacant. Gives them an extra month to figure out something to do, anything to do, and means they technically only have one champion leaving TLC. They've been very careful about talking about there only being one belt, it's been heavily implied that the unified champion will have both belts.

This sounds plausible.

DominoKid

that makes my head hurt.

suddenly the trading belts scenario we all expected doesn't sound so bad.

Xater

I really don#t think there will be another fuck finish. Not after they made it all so clear on monday. Also heard from Wrestling Observer that people were pissed about the fuck finishes of PPV. People wanted their money back and stuff. We will get what they promised.

DMczaf

I really don#t think there will be another fuck finish. Not after they made it all so clear on monday. Also heard from Wrestling Observer that people were pissed about the fuck finishes of PPV. People wanted their money back and stuff. We will get what they promised.

Thats what happens when you have a generation not accustomed to Dusty Finishes.

I was raised on Dusty Finishes!

Aiii

So not worth it
Real talk: I think Skyrim isn't half as good as people think it is.

The entire Elder Scrolls series for that matter.

Not to mention the shitload of bugs in each of those Bethesda games, it's like they can't program a game engine for the life of them.

Top Bottom