• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

jmdajr

From Steph's twitter

Ba0TDrNCAAACrCa.jpg:large

nice

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also, really enjoying the nominations so far. Comeback of the Year is totally in the bag for one superstar, I'm pretty damn sure.

I was struggling to think of an actual angle I gave a damn about this year - New Japan's different, as its not so story-based, but for the rest of the wrestling world? I couldn't think of a damn thing, so I had to waste my vote on something no one else is going to vote for; Jimmy Havoc turning has back on Progress is my angle of the year and nothing else even comes close.

Worst Angle was super easy, though. I hope WrassleGAF is an agreement with me on that one.

jred2k

I was struggling to think of an actual angle I gave a damn about this year - New Japan's different, as its not so story-based, but for the rest of the wrestling world? I couldn't think of a damn thing, so I had to waste my vote on something no one else is going to vote for; Jimmy Havoc turning has back on Progress is my angle of the year and nothing else even comes close.

Worst Angle was super easy, though. I hope WrassleGAF is an agreement with me on that one.

I have a feeling jmdajr is going to be the only one to disagree with you.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
nm I'm blind.

50 Page Poverty Crew?

I wouldn't feel right voting since I think I've watched a grand total of maybe five matches this entire year.

That's alright, these are just nominations. When the actual final ballot shows, each potential Match of the Year will ideally have a link to it so you can view it and choose then. They'll all be good matches, I PROMISE.

i voted best angle the Tanahashi v Okada feud. one guy has the belt, the other one wants it. doesn't get any simpler than that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
"Vince, announce something stupid"

WWE Press Conference in Vegas

Honestly though I am excited to see what they're offering. I mentioned it in the thread, but I think the idea is to offer all Raws and SD shows and PPVs that were core WWE product, then as they go, add content from their tape library. Even if it's just Raw/SD stuff I will finally get to really sit down and watch SD's golden years.

Aiii

So not worth it
"Vince, announce something stupid"

WWE Press Conference in Vegas

Honestly though I am excited to see what they're offering. I mentioned it in the thread, but I think the idea is to offer all Raws and SD shows and PPVs that were core WWE product, then as they go, add content from their tape library. Even if it's just Raw/SD stuff I will finally get to really sit down and watch SD's golden years.

According to Meltzer, it's going to be digital.

So yay! YAY!

New Japan announced the line-ups for the Road to TOKYO DOME cards, including the iPPV on December 21st - last iPPV of the year!

NJPW, "Road to TOKYO DOME", 2013.12.21
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo

www.ustream.tv/njpw - $15

1. Sho Tanaka vs Yohei Komatsu
2. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima, Jushin Liger & Tiger Mask vs Yuji Nagata, Manabu Nakanishi, KUSHIDA & BUSHI
3. Togi Makabe & Kota Ibushi vs Takashi Iizuka & Yujiro Takahashi
4. Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano & Jado vs Minoru Suzuki, TAKA Michinoku & Taichi
5. Road to TOKYO DOME I: Tetsuya Naito vs Gedo
6. Road to TOKYO DOME II: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs YOSHI-HASHI
7. Road to TOKYO DOME III: Captain New Japan vs Shinsuke Nakamura
8. Road to TOKYO DOME IV: Kazuchika Okada vs Tomoaki Honma

I was going to skip this, but Okada vs Honma? Damn, I'm in.

Gonna put up the WK8 thread in the OT a day or two before this show.

jmdajr said:
#BestForBusiness (The Authority)

#BestForRuiningAnAlreadyPoorProduct (The Authority)

i voted best angle the Tanahashi v Okada feud. one guy has the belt, the other one wants it. doesn't get any simpler than that.

I wish Bryan could have got a similar angle, as in the John Cena vs Daniel Bryan stuff, but without Hunter sticking his huge fucking nose into things.

Ithil

A digital Netflix style channel is the only way the Network would have been a success. A regular premium TV channel would have been a mess, struggling to fill its time, never being tailored to its viewers' wants, etc.

Regular scheduled TV is out of date in this day and age, especially for channels dedicated to one thing.

bjork

I still want a storefront where I can buy episodes, but if there were just access to stream it all, that would be okay too. If it's where only certain things are streaming at certain times or for certain periods, no sale.

Also, when I first heard "Bad News Barrett", I was expecting like a Bad News Brown tough guy thing. Not Debbie Downer. Who thought this was a good idea?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Gonna pass on Road to Tokyo Dome. Saving myself for the Kingdom of Wrassles.

Still sad about the topic change. What little promotion that can be done for NJPW is overshadowed by Triple H :/

Forgot to mention, New Japan also announced an NWA Tag Title match between Conway & Dane and TenKoji for their January 5th Korakuen Hall show.

That's not the interesting part though, on this show a new masked man named 'El Desperado' will make his debut! This is likely to be Kyosuke Mikami/Namajague, who has spent the past two years on an excursion to CMLL.

Super excited for a new jr. heavyweight on the scene, especially a new masked man. The Jr. division needs a kick in the butt and with Ibushi vs Devitt, Taguchi returning from injury, BUSHI & KUSHIDA increasing their popularity and this new masked wrestler, 2014 may be the year to do it.

Vince McMahon said:
Still sad about the topic change. What little promotion that can be done for NJPW is overshadowed by Triple H :/

What can you do? We're wrestling fans in a Sport Entertainment™ Universe™.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Devitt needs to go ahead and get rid of that Jr. Heavyweight title, or he'll get caught up with just one opponent for half of the year. Or it runs the risk of being forgotten.

jred2k

I still want a storefront where I can buy episodes, but if there were just access to stream it all, that would be okay too. If it's where only certain things are streaming at certain times or for certain periods, no sale.

Also, when I first heard "Bad News Barrett", I was expecting like a Bad News Brown tough guy thing. Not Debbie Downer. Who thought this was a good idea?

The thing is that it works and is funny on the JBL and Cole show. IT just doesn't have any place being his gimmick on television. They'll probably axe it soon if those two weeks Damien Sandow sang are any indication.

Vince McMahon said:
Devitt needs to go ahead and get rid of that Jr. Heavyweight title, or he'll get caught up with just one opponent for half of the year. Or it runs the risk of being forgotten.

He's dropping the belt to Ibushi at the Tokyo Dome, no doubt about that in my mind. It's where they go from there that matters.

I'm guessing Taguchi will feud with Devitt, regardless of whether he has the belt or not, while Ibushi builds up a string of defences - Ibushi vs Liger, Ibushi vs KUSHIDA, Ibushi vs Tiger Mask, Ibushi vs Taichi, Ibushi vs BUSHI, etc. Lots of fresh matches there. Also, I fucking hope we get Ibushi vs La Sombra at the FantasticaMania shows this year.

Aiii

So not worth it
This happened last year too, I fill out the form, struggle to remember anything for 75% of the categories and then after I've send it in people mention shit in here and I'm like "Oh fuck, should've entered that instead"

Oh well.

slightconfuse said:
Is the Never title being unified at wrestle kingdom ??

If Naito wins he might unify the belts, however I doubt Okada wants any part of the NEVER belt, or that New Japan would want to saddle the IWGP title with a belt completely lacking in prestige.

It'd be better if Naito loses to Okada and then feuds with Tanahashi (who wins the IC from Nakamura at the dome), so they can unify the NEVER & IC titles, as both are relatively new.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This happened last year too, I fill out the form, struggle to remember anything for 75% of the categories and then after I've send it in people mention shit in here and I'm like "Oh fuck, should've entered that instead"

Oh well.

They're just nominations, the cream of the crop rises to the top for the TRUE BURNING VOTE later this month.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If Naito wins he might unify the belts, however I doubt Okada wants any part of the NEVER belt, or that New Japan would want to saddle the IWGP title with a belt completely lacking in prestige.

It'd be better if Naito loses to Okada and then feuds with Tanahashi (who wins the IC from Nakamura at the dome), so they can unify the NEVER & IC titles, as both are relatively new.

Fits in well with CHAOS implosion, frees up Nakamura to challenge Okada. Repeatedly.

I think it'd be fun to have Nakamura grab it from Okada on their first go-round, then spend 6 months chasing it again while Nakamura goes full blown heel. The Japanese crowd LOVES Okada and wants a reason to cheer him beyond what they've been given. It's like when people cheered heel Steve Austin in the beginning before they realized they should just accept it and choose that direction - people love Okada, he's a great representative of the future. Give Nakamura a chance to bare his fangs a little more, get him vicious, get him crazy - and put people firmly behind Okada. VERY firmly.

jred2k

Unrelated, I wish I had a remote punch button I could use on people that upload videos in 240p.

The other video I found was someone recording their TV while interjecting with their own comments every couple of minutes.

Sometimes you have to pick the lessor of two evils.

Top Bottom