• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Damn, a main event player like Brodus Clay is throwing Jon Uso under the bus? Doesn't he know he saved him from catching a beating by Vinny in season 1?

Ryder should go to Japan. Isn't being mega tan super popular? He could be a huge star with his broski gimmick.

Ryder paired with a pure striker like Shibata-san would elevate both performers, I agree.

Vylash

Pretty good Madden article... I find myself saying that more and more lately.

As the WWE Network prepares to launch – on very scaled-back, Internet-only terms – it’s got to be time for WWE to ask: Are we doing things right? Why are we shrinking? Why weren’t cable/dish companies interested enough in our network? Why do Raw ratings stink? Do we need to rethink facets of our philosophy?

Their answers: Yes, we’re not, they were/are, they don’t and no.

The real answer: Follow the buzzards.

WWE, in life as on television, often refutes the truth by reinventing it, or substituting a lie. If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. Dr. Goebbels said that. He should run WWE.

Instead, it’s Mr. & Mrs. Levesque-McMahon, anointed to run things by birth and marriage, and by no other qualification. Lots of cracks are showing.

Understand what matters in WWE: The main priority is to be right. Not to get things right. But to be right. To invent the truth, then maintain it.

If something isn’t working, don’t revise. Keep doing it, and say it’s working. If something works organically, kill it. It wasn’t your idea. Be right.

I’ve worked with a lot of coaches in various sports who espouse that philosophy: “We’re going to do things our way. Play to our strengths.”

OK. But if you lose more than you win, maybe you’ve misidentified your strengths and need to reinforce those perceived strengths. More likely, you need to figure out what your strengths really are, and pursue those. Or maybe you just stink.

But adjusting means recognizing and admitting you were wrong. Coaches don’t like to do that. They would rather lose. Really. WWE would rather lose, too.

Want proof? WWE just won’t fix its problems. Panic, yes – as exemplified by doing a title unification match with almost no advance promotion. But they won’t fix.

WWE programming is far too scripted and clichéd. The promos consume far too much time, and are predictable almost to the word.

Steve Austin has always said as much and said so again recently, adding that his Austin 3:16 promo was cut organically, and could never have occurred on today’s WWE programming. Ted DiBiase did a Q&A in Pittsburgh over the weekend and said, “I consider wrestling to be improv…and it’s not that way anymore.”

What opinions should carry more credibility: Those of Austin and DiBiase, or those of Trips, Steph and WWE executive producer Kevin Dunn? Dunn maintains too much control of the show. His production is top-notch. But the shows feel stale.

The shows also feel saturated. Raw is obviously too long. Social media is emphasized to an overwhelming degree. WWE is creating a nirvana for fans that are consumed by the product 24/7. But are they alienating casual fans? The ratings, the buy rates…most domestic revenue streams indicate so.

Yeah, I know: You like it. Let’s be frank: You’re not very discerning. You would watch no matter what. The opinions of those who used to watch matter more. Right now, people who used to watch wrestling outnumber those who still do.

These columns are getting harder and harder to write. ROH is Class AA wrestling. TNA is bad beyond description. WWE is bland, cookie-cutter nonsense. The most over guy in recent memory got sabotaged and demoted. Some say Daniel Bryan is nothing more than a reaction. OK. If that’s true, what’s Randy Orton?

If WWE is good, why are less people watching? Business will regenerate as WrestleMania approaches, but that’s by rote and will have nothing to do with an upgrade in quality. Looking at ‘Mania, what are the obvious matchups? Nothing WWE might hang its hat on strikes me as exciting.

Bring back the part-timers. IS THIS YEAR 'TAKER LOSES? Don’t create. Recycle. Bray Wyatt = Kevin Sullivan. Does anybody in WWE creative watch TV, go to a movie, or visit a mall? When will pop culture spawn a new character? Has that really happened since Raven?

I have seen the future of WWE – and it's Bill Ding, the evil architect.

That’s it. Please pile up stupidity below. Pay me.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/437033-follow-the-buzzards

I'd also like to note that Zack Ryder isn't particularly good, so I don't REALLY feel that bad that he's not some major star. There are worse, certainly, but it's not like he's Daniel Bryan struggling to catch any kind of break.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I don't believe Ryder will ever willingly leave WWE He just seems like one of those guys who wasn't in it to be the best wrestler, the best performer, the biggest draw, etc, he could achieve in any promotion, but instead just there to live the dream of being a WWF/WWE wrestler.

He's gotten that, he just can't get do better than he already has, hitting his peak. Really he just needs to learn to accept it and be happy where he is, as he gets money and performs at house shows/dark matches, while saving up to buy all those old action figures he's a fanatic for.

I'd also like to note that Zack Ryder isn't particularly good, so I don't REALLY feel that bad that he's not some major star. There are worse, certainly, but it's not like he's Daniel Bryan struggling to catch any kind of break.

You've just made it onto my shit list. Ryder hater + Bryan fan? That bumps you straight to number 1.

He should just reform his tag team with Curt Hawkins.
They can leave for Japan and become the new IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Champions to give that division some legitimacy

I'll be at the Raw event in Seattle on Monday - what should I expect? This is the first Raw I'm actually going to and we've got some good seats!

Last time I went to a WWE event here in Seattle was a PPV called No Way Out back in 2009, which was awesome!

Toki767

I'll be at the Raw event in Seattle on Monday - what should I expect? This is the first Raw I'm actually going to and we've got some good seats!

Last time I went to a WWE event here in Seattle was a PPV called No Way Out back in 2009, which was awesome!

It's the Slammys. Expect Bryan to not get Superstar of the Year even though it makes the most sense since HBK is presenting the award. Then expect all the fans to do nothing but chant for him the whole night and shitting on the final build to the epic once in a lifetime unification match on Sunday.

Vylash

It's the slammy awards, so expect literally nothing and hope you at least get a good match or two between the pain

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
SHOCKING NEWS: Looks like the Main Event for Wrestle Kingdom 8 will be Nakamura vs. Tanahashi for the IC title.

BbBsmeMCUAET0pk.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
Pretty good Madden article... I find myself saying that more and more lately.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/437033-follow-the-buzzards

Fucking Madden.

I hate Madden not because of his opinions, but because every fucking column that guy writes HAS to end with him telling us how we all love WWE, how we all love the programming, how we all love what they're giving us and how we always say WWE is right.

NOBODY FUCKING DOES THAT.

The guy wants to be the victim so bad he created an alternate universe where only he sees what's wrong with WWE, and then says what everyone else is saying while pretending he's the lone crusader against WWE.

Literally every person in this thread has said exactly, almost to the letter, what he's saying. Ugh. This guy.

Whatever happened to Dave Melzter. Not the real one, but our one?
I snitched on his alt account after his original account got perma'd.
Because he's a main event player that got sabotaged by a rookie. Unless your heart is as black Snowman Prophet of Doom's, you have to feel for him.
I never liked Brodus. He needs to leave and get replaced with someone who doesn't look like a fat sack of shit.
Fucking Madden.

I hate Madden not because of his opinions, but because every fucking column that guy writes HAS to end with him telling us how we all love WWE, how we all love the programming, how we all love what they're giving us and how we always say WWE is right.

The guy wants to be the victim so bad he created an alternate universe where only he sees what's wrong with WWE, and then says what everyone else is saying while pretending he's the lone crusader against WWE.

Literally every person in this thread has said exactly, almost to the letter, what he's saying. Ugh. This guy.

Aren't you the biggest WWE defender in here though? EDIT: Or at least always thinking Raw is on some sort of upswing with great episodes?

EDIT 2: I saw part of The Rock's movie Snitch during my break at work. It's not half-bad.

Damn, sucks that the IWGP Heavyweight won't be the main event. Guess they can blame that on Naito's awful build this year. Real shame Goto got injured.

Here's the, what's got to be, full card then, minus the dark match;

IWGP Intercontinental Title: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs Hiroshi Tanahashi
IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Tetsuya Naito
Hirooki Goto vs Katsuyori Shibata
IWGP Heavyweight Tag Titles: K.E.S. (c) vs Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows
Yuji Nagata & Kazushi Sakuraba vs Daniel & Rolles Gracie
KO or Submission Only: Togi Makabe vs Bad Luck Fale
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Prince Devitt (c) vs Kota Ibushi
Minoru Suzuki & Shelton Benjamin vs Toru Yano & 'X'
NWA World Heavyweight Title: Rob Conway (c), w/ Harley Race, vs Satoshi Kojima
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles: The Young Bucks (c) vs Forever Hooligans vs Time Splitters vs TAKA Michinoku & Taichi

Fucking Madden.

He distinguishes between two groups: WWE watchers and non-watchers.

In this sense WWE watchers = WWE lovers.

strobogo

Banned
Now that the Funkadactyls don't need Tons of Funk, I think it is time for them to turn heel and lose to Cena in a handicap match to make sure Cena looks strong going into TLC.

I liked his gimmick at first, but it's super stale now, wouldn't call him the worst though
Same, and I probably wouldn't have said that like a month ago, but damn. He puts half-effort into his 4 moves, can barely sell, and looks like he just doesn't care anymore. He's pretty worthless, because he's a bad wrestler and isn't good at making other guys look good. I suppose he's okay outside of the ring, both backstage and IRL, but that's about it.

Also yeah forgot about Khali, but that's a given
Not necessarily, it could be anyone - I have a strange fear that it's going to be
Bob Sapp
, as he is a former CHAOS associate.
hm, okay. That would probably be a bad thing, i'm assuming.

DominoKid

wow they really got Natalya's dead cat as her storyline this episode. suddenly the Cameron focused storylines don't seem so bad.

Jamie OD

Fucking Madden.

Yeah. The "You hate me because you know I'm right" style of writing articles doesn't work when the readers have been saying the same thing all along.

Top Bottom