• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Don't you get it? Brie's trucking Daniel Bryan. That makes her a better person than Nikki. And a better wrestler.

Saying Brie is the better wrestler is vaguely true, but she's nowhere approaching good, really. She still looks really awkward running around the ring, though some of her stuff with AJ has been alright-ish.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Invade the NHL thread with it.

Are those real people there? I didn't think anyone cared about hockey. It's akin to sweeping the kitchen after all.

We'll have to see what happens at Rumble before we really know if they have big plans for Bryan.

A Bryan vs Punk feud would be much more compelling than Cena vs Orton.

People said "wait and see" with Booker/Triple H though.

Realistically how much does Daniel Bryan care? I'm thinking he probably believes he's overachieved at this point.

As a fan, sure...I think he deserves better. I still want my D. Bry vs COO match even if no one else does.
I think non-hating COO fans would be up for it.

He's as beta as they come, he'll take it and like it.

i'm honest, it took a while to click with me but i honestly feel Cena is the fuckin greatest character in WWE. it's just an assumption i have about him but if i'm correct, every promo of his is suddenly amazing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I got an award category for this year. Moves that came back in a big way.

I nominate the headbutt
iqlH2A3kEj5Fj.gif

l.gif

Saying Brie is the better wrestler is vaguely true, but she's nowhere approaching good, really. She still looks really awkward running around the ring, though some of her stuff with AJ has been alright-ish.

I'm being sarcastic. It's this weird idea that's come over since Brie fucked DBry that she's suddenly 'the good one' because people like DBry so much.

bjork

I may be biased, but I still find it pretty bad that WWE dedicated a documentary to burying the Ultimate Warrior's career. I still think it's because Warrior no sold a HHH pedigree and probably has the record for fastest win against HHH.

After he'd been able to rise to prominence, become known all around the world, and retire rich enough to live forever (apparently) after working a full schedule for less than five years total.

Some guys never got the chance to even get the ball rolling. Buff was dead on arrival, and supposedly they let him fly out to some TV just to say he was released. I forget the Public Enemy story, but they did a Survivor Series dark match or something and got hazed all to fuck and left. Now they're both dead, so who knows.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
After he'd been able to rise to prominence, become known all around the world, and retire rich enough to live forever (apparently) after working a full schedule for less than five years total.

Some guys never got the chance to even get the ball rolling. Buff was dead on arrival, and supposedly they let him fly out to some TV just to say he was released. I forget the Public Enemy story, but they did a Survivor Series dark match or something and got hazed all to fuck and left. Now they're both dead, so who knows.

PE only had like 4 or 5 matches in WWE or something like that - gotta be a special burial to take them out. Don't get me wrong - I couldn't stand em. That's just such a small window of opportunity to bury someone.

WWE did the same with Buff Bagwell....sorta.

jmdajr

i'm honest, it took a while to click with me but i honestly feel Cena is the fuckin greatest character in WWE. it's just an assumption i have about him but if i'm correct, every promo of his is suddenly amazing.

Cena gives HHH a run for his money when it comes to burying people in promos. He really is good at it.

As much as folks hate him he's still one of the best talkers WWE has.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What the fuck?

Their version of "Midnight" is... way worse than Midnight WrassleGaf ever was

I want to know more about Midnight-NHL.

Also just a reminder, a competent maid = a competent NHL player. Same skillset.

TL21xx

Banned
And response recorded.

Totally going with this for gif of the year, it's just too useful!

tumblr_mtc7ijU5lt1qlkw08o1_400.gif

On a totally different note, I'll be at the RAW taping in Austin on the 17th with my brothers and a friend. Will bring signs, hopefully you'll be able to see our WrasslGAF shoutout.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
On a totally different note, I'll be at the RAW taping in Austin on the 17th with my brothers and a friend. Will bring signs, hopefully you'll be able to see our WrasslGAF shoutout.

The whole world is watching!

John Cena's character is Republican Senator.

Cena is now essentially late WCW Kevin Nash. knows the show is awful, doesn't give a fuck, is there to collect a paycheck and to piss off the internet marks.

in 15 years someone will ask him during a shoot interview how it felt to be a 20 time champion and he'll answer "who gives a shit? it's all fake, mark" and it will be glorious.

I'm being sarcastic. It's this weird idea that's come over since Brie fucked DBry that she's suddenly 'the good one' because people like DBry so much.

I know you were being sarcastic. I was confirming that, in spite of your sarcasm, it IS correct to say that she's "better", but something about that word feels wrong because it connotes positivity she doesn't deserve.

darkbanjo

I don't know what makes a match good or bad. I know that most matches I've seen are boring and just background noise and some matches actually hold my attention but I don't know why. I can't break them down to decipher the individual elements that come together to form a good wrestling match, put that into words and type up a wrestling match critique (and don't cite Strobogo, that's match summary not review).

Wrestling criticism wasn't taught at my school.

That's what I'm hoping to get at with the Barthes Unknown stuff on legitshook. To me, wrestling criticism as it stands is nine times out of ten only one step away from someone fantasy booking - there's no sense of focus on the technical side of what makes a match legible/decipherable, or any real analysis in a proper critical sense. It's easier for those guys to write 'OK TV match' as a review of three matches in a row than hone in on one point and talk about it at length.

To make a judgement on whether a match is good or bad is difficult because wrestling isn't typically discrete like a film is, you could make an argument that a narrative is a storyline, or a match, or a show, or a character. I think the first step is breaking it down to bits and using those bits to figure out what is good or bad.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That's what I'm hoping to get at with the Barthes Unknown stuff on legitshook. To me, wrestling criticism as it stands is nine times out of ten only one step away from someone fantasy booking - there's no sense of focus on the technical side of what makes a match legible/decipherable, or any real analysis in a proper critical sense. It's easier for those guys to write 'OK TV match' as a review of three matches in a row than hone in on one point and talk about it at length.

To make a judgement on whether a match is good or bad is difficult because wrestling isn't typically discrete like a film is, you could make an argument that a narrative is a storyline, or a match, or a show, or a character. I think the first step is breaking it down to bits and using those bits to figure out what is good or bad.

There's also the complete opposite feeling - going off of a gut feeling for the match. I think there's perks to both ends, but I tend to go with my gut when I rank a match, or feel like it's GOTY material. Whatever I leave with that made me hype as fuck and can't wait for more is what's truly moving the yardstick for me.

But there's more to it...

been awhile since i watched wrestling

is there any particular reason why this happened besides Triple H having to show off how he's the shit?

At the time, the answer seemed to be yes. It was setting HHH up as someone who needed to flaunt, thus making his eventual downfall more satisfying.

Having seen where the whole angle went - no. No reason at all.

I've missed most of it, unfortunately - but hey, that's what happens when they put H's on my TV so prominently, I tune the fuck out.
It's the only story in WWE that i can say started great, and stayed consistent right until the end. Except I guess Punk/Taker, but I liked Rhodes/Authority more.
Reigns will get the generic "I did it for you, audience!" pandering babyface material and stall out after a month. WWE will continue to push him regardless. If things get bad enough, they'll give him an extended PPV series against Del Rio or Face!Sheamus or Cena.

I predict they'll screw up Zayn's initial debut with some wacky gimmick.
Yeah, i dunno if Zayn can do a wacky character

darkbanjo

There's also the complete opposite feeling - going off of a gut feeling for the match. I think there's perks to both ends, but I tend to go with my gut when I rank a match, or feel like it's GOTY material. Whatever I leave with that made me hype as fuck and can't wait for more is what's truly moving the yardstick for me.

But there's more to it...

Yeah, there's definitely room for both. I feel like there's a lot less analysis and study than there should be though. I wrote a thing for the site the other week about how Shakespeare and wrestling fall into a very similar category of thing (and I think it would be tough to argue otherwise) and people don't seem too shy about looking at Shakespeare closely last time I checked.

Let's get pro wrestling on school syllabuses for next year.

Don't you get it? Brie's trucking Daniel Bryan. That makes her a better person than Nikki. And a better wrestler.

Daniel Bryan has gross hair and a gross beard according to my wife. She does not care that he's Daniel Bryan.

She did, however, ask me after the show ended a few weeks back "Doesn't Randy Orton come out after Daniel Bryan wins and win the title?" So there's that...

Wrestling GAF grows stronger every week. Our fake Vince McMahon is booking Wrassle-GAF stronger than the real Vince McMahon is booking WWE. Our viewership is going up, our profile and standing within the General Off-Topic media is growing too. We're making a strong relationship within gaming gaf too, with several appearances by non-WrassleGAF members.

It's a good year.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WrassleGAF's 2013 Accomplishments:

- legitshook.com launched, breaking all previous records for NeoGAF's Community
- "legit shook" added to the common man's vernacular, clearly defined at urbandictionary.com
- 2 NeoGAF Mods post in WrassleGAF (Htown Mod acceptance pending)
- Multiple NeoGAF Mods declared WrassleGAF as "Best GAF" (citation: Eatchildren_au Twitter)
- Wrasslin' Gif thread is the most viewed in OT
- Monthly Wrasslin' threads are the most posted in Community of non-major worldwide sports franchises
- Strobogo's gifs have been adopted by all wrestling fans
- FAN follow WrassleGAF, identifying a major player in the Wrasslin' culture of the internet
- WrassleGAF is declared the best place for NJPW discussion
- GWF ended its historic run this year, drawing a successful project's close. Also, wins awards
- Wrasslin' is the only Community OT to do a proper awards show. Honorable mention to Comic-GAF and Animu-GAF for attempting to do their own awards, but nothing matches WrassleGAF's world-renowned production team.
- And much more...

DMczaf

Wrestling GAF grows stronger every week. Our fake Vince McMahon is booking Wrassle-GAF stronger than the real Vince McMahon is booking WWE. Our viewership is going up, our profile and standing within the General Off-Topic media is growing too. We're making a strong relationship within gaming gaf too, with several appearances by non-WrassleGAF members.

It's a good year.

You guys still rely on us part-timers though (me, Ninja Scooter, Guzim)

We're still the main draws even with our diminished post counts.

gurudyne

It's a good year.

Is wrassleGAF being referenced more than every other GAF, per thread? How are our social thread ambassadors being received? How are our hashtags?

Are they touting god damn it?

@ Vince: Don't forget the "legit shook" reference in the WWE Cena racing game.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Take a bow, WrassleGAFfers. WE are the big movers and shakers here. Congratulations to everyone who has ever stepped into our squared circle.

Top Bottom