• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What's been cool about Dead Rising 3 is that it's so much bigger than my expectations. I expected a jump like DR1 to 2, or 2 to OTR (which isn't much, honestly) - not a gigantic overhaul and TONS of creativity. I love the Jazz Hands weapon just on principle, and the approx 6 or more different Bear weapons are unreal fun.

jmdajr

Hey friends, let's sync up for January and do a themed set of avatars. I'm thinking the Royal Rumble logo, and an "entrant" text on it too. Because we're doing the Avatar Rumble in January! Then, once it ends, we shift to our new Mascot for a month! It'll be exciting!

VINCE ALL THE WAY! GO VINCE GO VINCE

Hmmm entrant text?

jmdajr

DR1 has to be one of the most infuriating games I have ever played. Cheap bosses, terrible controls. Ugh. I hate it but want to love it.

Glad to see the ideas are finally what they were supposed to be all along.

Aiii

So not worth it
The PS4 though guys.

It's sooooooo goooood. It's really hard to go play on my PS3 now, from anything from the menu to the resolution to the DS4, the PS4 is just so much better.

Looks like they have 2 on the same day in different places. I wonder what squad I will get.

There's no way to tell really, they constantly advertise the wrong people on wwe.com nowadays.

DMczaf

Hmmm entrant text?

vlcsnap-2012-02-02-03h54m38s201.png

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The PS4 though guys.

It's sooooooo goooood. It's really hard to go play on my PS3 now, from anything from the menu to the resolution to the DS4, the PS4 is just so much better.

How's the drought looking for you guys currently? What's next on the horizon? I kind of ignore PS4 news since I didn't pick one up. Bone just got Peggle 2 and I think that's a timed exclusive, so we finally got a new game :p whee~ but Peggle 2 is feeling super rushed now that I've spent a few hours on it.

BFIB

The PS4 though guys.

I can't fucking wait for MLB: The Show this year.

ACIV looks great. I can't wait to see what the devs can do with this system once we get through all this cross platform BS with current gen versions.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can't fucking wait for MLB: The Show this year.

ACIV looks great. I can't wait to see what the devs can do with this system once we get through all this cross platform BS with current gen versions.

Yeah looking forward to something neat that isn't bound by last-gen constraints in any way. That doesn't involve crumbling bricks.

Toki767

How's the drought looking for you guys currently? What's next on the horizon? I kind of ignore PS4 news since I didn't pick one up. Bone just got Peggle 2 and I think that's a timed exclusive, so we finally got a new game :p whee~ but Peggle 2 is feeling super rushed now that I've spent a few hours on it.

Pretty much indie games until next year. I actually expect Tomb Raider on the PS4/Xbox One to sell pretty well if only because absolutely nothing else is coming out for either system in January.

Aiii

So not worth it

Drive Club is coming out in January (or February at the latest), kinda looking forward to that, after that it's inFamous 2 in March.

Don't really know when third party stuff is coming out, but I'm getting that for PS4 as well.

What I'm really wondering though is what they're gonna put on PS+ in the first year.

DriveClub early next year then Infamous, followed by Final Fantasy XIV.

I may pick up that Tomb Raider Definitive Edition in January as well, as I never played it on previous gen platforms or PC. I'm also looking forward to Secret Ponchos, Don't Starve and some other indie titles. Plus, there's F2P games like Warframe, Blacklight Retribution and War Thunder that I haven't even touched yet. Too addicted to ACIV and BF4 (when it's working).

Aiii

So not worth it
Oh and Diablo 3, I have the PS3 version, but I'm definitely upgrading to the PS4 one when that comes out.

Toki767

Drive Club is coming out in January (or February at the latest), kinda looking forward to that, after that it's inFamous 2 in March.

Don't really know when third party stuff is coming out, but I'm getting that for PS4 as well.

What I'm really wondering though is what they're gonna put on PS+ in the first year.

Don't Starve, when it comes out in February will be part of PS+.

In January we're supposed to get The Binding of Isaac Rebirth on PS+.

Then there are a couple more games that were mentioned during E3 or Gamescom. So there will definitely be some stuff. I'd also probably expect Knack or the single player portion of Killzone to be free by June.

jmdajr

PS4 finally has some damn demos.

Looking forward to timed trials.

edit; So I joined Gamefly. Took three weeks for them to send me something.

I finally got the PS4 next-gen hardware beast...... Angry Bird Star Wars.

there was like nothing available, but I've actually had fun playing it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
DriveClub early next year then Infamous, followed by Final Fantasy XIV.

I may pick up that Tomb Raider Definitive Edition in January as well, as I never played it on previous gen platforms or PC. I'm also looking forward to Secret Ponchos, Don't Starve and some other indie titles. Plus, there's F2P games like Warframe, Blacklight Retribution and War Thunder that I haven't even touched yet. Too addicted to ACIV and BF4 (when it's working).

Save your money and hit TR on PC. It was down to $7. Huge price difference, great game.

Aiii

So not worth it
Don't Starve, when it comes out in February will be part of PS+.

In January we're supposed to get The Binding of Isaac Rebirth on PS+.

Then there are a couple more games that were mentioned during E3 or Gamescom. So there will definitely be some stuff. I'd also probably expect Knack or the single player portion of Killzone to be free by June.

Oh yeah, those two definitely. In fact, I haven't bought either of them for that reason. (and because Knack apparently sucks)

krae_man

You're only like halfway done.

Oh I know. I've collected every flag and star along the way in anticipation.

Edit: Knack doesn't suck, Reviewers were just cranky having to play it in one sitting at the review event(plus the review event didn't allow them to take advantage of the PSN features which would have helped). It's a solid 7, if you like platformers you'll like it. Also, unless Sony changes it's policy, Knack doesn't have a high enough metacritic to appear on Plus. Unless it's a new release, a game needs at least a 75 metacritic to be considered.

Aiii

So not worth it
I liked Knack. How do you feel about 90s style PS1 platformers? Because that's basically what Knack is.

Kind of hit and miss really, some I enjoyed, others not so much.

3D platformers somehow never really clicked with me. Even now when I'm playing SM3DWorld I can't help but think to myself: "this game would have been so much more fun in semi-3D"

Kind of like Fighters, when those went back to 2D fighting that genre got so much better again.

Toki767

Kind of hit and miss really, some I enjoyed, others not so much.

3D platformers somehow never really clicked with me. Even now when I'm playing SM3DWorld I can't help but think to myself: "this game would have been so much more fun in semi-3D"

Kind of like Fighters, when those went back to 2D fighting that genre got so much better again.

I'd probably stay away from it if I were you then. It's definitely more like Crash than Mario. You kill enemies in a couple hits, but you also die in a couple hits. Boils down to watching enemy attack patterns to figure out when the right time to attack is.

BFIB

I know I'm hoping for a big swerve on Sunday at the PPV. Perhaps Orton/Cena both knocked out and someone else comes in and takes the strap.

But I just have a gut feeling its going to be Cena overcoming the odds, with Bryan and Punk nowhere to be found. :(

Toki767

I know I'm hoping for a big swerve on Sunday at the PPV. Perhaps Orton/Cena both knocked out and someone else comes in and takes the strap.

But I just have a gut feeling its going to be Cena overcoming the odds, with Bryan and Punk nowhere to be found. :(

The way they're building it, it makes the most sense for HHH to end up with the title and be crowned Champion of Champions.

What's everyones' personal GOTY look like? Genuinely curious. I get the feeling Aiii is going to say something wrong though :p

It's either going to end up being A Link Between Worlds or Super Mario 3D World, but I haven't finished either yet. They both could possibly be my favorite games in their respective franchises they're that good.

From PW Insider:
A number of sources in WWE have told me that the voting was 100% legitimate. The winners were who the fans picked.

The Superstar of the Year vote was extremely close and yes, there are people in the company who are pointing out that Daniel Bryan won the fan vote but wasn't considered enough of an "attraction" by Vince McMahon to be given a run with the WWE Title. That decision looked like a huge mistake at the time and even more so now.

So the Match of the Year and Diva of the Year results were 4chan trolling us, right? :/

Said it before. I think Orton is winning TLC and Cena wins Rumble. Would be the worst possible outcome. So I figure I can't be disappointed if any other outcome hapoens . Other than Cena winning TLC and Orton winning Rumble.

DMczaf

We already know week 1 will just be a bunch of TLC rematches.

Week 2 will be the fallout of those rematches.

Week 3 will be dont give a fuck troops show

Week 4 will be "Oh fuck, no one has declared they are in the Rumble yet!"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The only awards show that matters - LEGITSHOOK.COM presents the 2nd Annual WrassleGAF Awards Show, live on twitch.tv December 26th at 7pm Central!

Bowser

Said it before. I think Orton is winning TLC and Cena wins Rumble. Would be the worst possible outcome. So I figure I can't be disappointed if any other outcome hapoens . Other than Cena winning TLC and Orton winning Rumble.

You really think they'll have Cena win the Rumble two years in a row?

Osamu Nishimura vs Yoshihiro Takayama - G1 Climax XII Semi-Final - (NJPW 08/10/02)

This might just be my favourite Takayama match ever. For whatever reason, be it that he respects Nishimura's superlative technical ability or that he just wants to prove a point, Takayama isn't in full-on beast mode tonight - instead, he wants to test his wrestling skills against a mat master and Nishmura is more than happy to oblige. You'll never hear a crowd pop so hard for a wrist lock take-down than when Nishimura applies it to Takayama here. Nishmura's just SO GOOD. Seriously, some of those bridging escapes from holds and beautiful float-over counters on a guy the size of Takayama make this a must watch. Also, Takayama's never looked better on the mat than he does here and the crowd are super into this highly unconventional David vs Goliath match-up. If you've never seen Nishimura before and are a fan of high-quality technical wrestling, seriously watch this match.

ib0VGLQWoyuDnO.gif

Top Bottom