• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Xater

There is nothing else to discuss on that match winning. Case Closed.

But how about the Bellas? Total Divas? Did that help? Was it the good looks?...or the Cena / Bryan connection.

All of the above?

What say you?

All of the above. I wasn't shocked by that at all. Especially not with them burying AJ lately.

Aiii

So not worth it
Folks hating Natie is a new phenomenon for me.

It's weird, it's like nobody watches NXT and didn't see Natty vs. Paige last week.

Anyways, Natty still utterly sucks on the mic, but with a good worker and time can have damn good matches.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You can trust Insider, I'm going with 100% legit. There's a LOT of Rock fans out there.

Kaladin

1469768_10151829115496443_872428211_n.png

meh

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm gonna close the nomination for WrassleGAF Awards probably tomorrow, make sure you fill it out.

Then the REAL voting begins. Oh man, it's gonna be great.

I'm also considering a funny Community-centric set of awards as well, inspired by Bean Breath. What would you guys like to see amongst our community?

I've got:

Most Valuable Member
Biggest Heel
Best Tweet That Upset A Superstar (aka the Beef/Tazz incident)

What else what else

I'm gonna close the nomination for WrassleGAF Awards probably tomorrow, make sure you fill it out.

I'm also considering a funny Community-centric set of awards as well, inspired by Bean Breath. What would you guys like to see amongst our community?

I've got:

Most Valuable Member
Biggest Heel

What else what else

Biggest "It's Still Real To Me, Dammit" Mark

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
yeah, biggest mark! I don't want to be too negative but let's be honest...every once in a while we all cringe.

bjork

Man, fuck Raw, did you guys see that some dude is challenging Terry Funk to a steak eating contest?

Pro wrestling and competitive eating worlds collide, it's like my own personal Kingdom Hearts!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Kingdom Hearts in the wrasslin world...

Oh no! Our hero, John Cena, has been transported to 1981 Mid-Atlantic and has to work with Ivan Koloff, and KOLOFF IS SHOOTING FOR REAL! And the worst part? Cena has to go over as champion tonight! Will Cena live through the backstage area before getting to his car?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
A confused Kamala in his prime is transported to WWE in 2001 to head the Invasion angle!

A 35 year old Stu Hart is whisked away from his time period to be a Season 2 NXT rookie! Will Stu get along with McGillicutty?

Tyler Breeze is taken to Japan, forced to wrestle Hashimoto at AJPW Total War!

jred2k

I want to see a community award for Best Feud. I can't really remember any other than BronsonLee vs. BillRiccio, but that one was great.

Most Missed Member would have to go to that Shao Kahn Going Shopping guy that was only around for a few weeks. No idea what happened to him.

bjork

Bruno would have to be Sora, so he had to dress up in costumes of the respective era or gimmick he was filling in.

Bruno as La Parka. Tell me that wouldn't be the best-selling DLC ever.

A confused Kamala in his prime is transported to WWE in 2001 to head the Invasion angle!

A 35 year old Stu Hart is whisked away from his time period to be a Season 2 NXT rookie! Will Stu get along with McGillicutty?

1 and 3 are the best goddamn things.

I want to see a community award for Best Feud. I can't really remember any other than BronsonLee vs. BillRiccio, but that one was great.

Most Missed Member would have to go to that Shao Kahn Going Shopping guy that was only around for a few weeks. No idea what happened to him.

I'm totally cool with winning all the Slammy's. I'm like Owen Hart in this bitch

And I think he went back to Outworld, his planet needed him

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bruno would have to be Sora, so he had to dress up in costumes of the respective era or gimmick he was filling in.

Bruno as La Parka. Tell me that wouldn't be the best-selling DLC ever.

What kills me about this is that Bruno always reminds me, a lot, of Uncle Leo from Seinfeld. So I imagine Uncle Leo, stuck in Mexico, having to dress up and kvetching about it.

jmdajr

I've got:

Most Valuable Member
Biggest Heel

What else what else

Best Shoot of the year?

jmdajr

So folks were pretty upset that Cena stole Bryans mojo last night. Like Furious.

But would it have been better if he ignored him? Hell Vince probbaly wanted him to but Cena can do what he wants it seems. Personally I LOL'd.

I don't see a problem with it. Plus they are bros. They have been fair and square even since Hustle, Loyalty, Respect has been pounding Nikki's buttocks.

Overall everyone did good in that last segment. Even Orton brought it as best as he could. It was a good moment all around Punk faces included.

The "It's Still Real to Me, Damnit!" Award

The Mastodonkey Award for Most Salty of the Year

Vince McMahon said:

Miz, circa-WrestleMania 27, switches places with Vader, circa AJPW/NJPW Supershow 1990 - Stan Hansen punches Miz's eye out of its socket and Big Van Vader in his prime beats the living shit out of John Cena to win the WWE Title.

Aiii

So not worth it
Wait what? What is wrong with people. Come on, people were chanting their ass of for Bryan, Cena recognised it and worked with it. It's one of the few qualities in Cena I can appreciate, his ability to adapt to crowds in his promo's instead of sticking with whatever he was going to do before.

jmdajr

Wait what? What is wrong with people. Come on, people were chanting their ass of for Bryan, Cena recognised it and worked with it. It's one of the few qualities in Cena I can appreciate, his ability to adapt to crowds in his promo's instead of sticking with whatever he was going to do before.

I agree. I think most appreciated it but some folks were legit angry. I didn't understand.

edit: Funny moment of the night. My wife asked who was behind HHH, Steph, and Cena.

20131209_EP_LARGE_RAW_mainevent_R.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The "It's Still Real to Me, Damnit!" Award

The Mastodonkey Award for Most Salty of the Year

Miz, circa-WrestleMania 27, switches places with Vader, circa AJPW/NJPW Supershow 1990 - Stan Hansen punches Miz's eye out of its socket and Big Van Vader in his prime beats the living shit out of John Cena to win the WWE Title.

Now you're just wishing the Miz would die. Might as well put him in Dusty Rhodes' place when the Road Warriors poked his eye.

Here's another one - Nailz appears, giving the Big Boss Man a beatdown! But Nailz is actually El Diablo from NWA Mountain State!

Holy shit, Mastodonkey!

jmdajr

Now you're just wishing the Miz would die. Might as well put him in Dusty Rhodes' place when the Road Warriors poked his eye.

Here's another one - Nailz appears, giving the Big Boss Man a beatdown! But Nailz is actually El Diablo from NWA Mountain State!

Holy shit, Mastodonkey!

Holy Shit at that rant indeed.

Raw64life

He has that quality because he's one of the only people who wont get chewed out by management for doing it.

Toki767

I think people are angry because any time the crowd shits on him, he uses Bryan to get them to cheer. It's happened like 4 or 5 times now.

Smart move on his part though.

Into

Holy shit the supposed "WWE Universe" stole the main event segment and gave a giant fuck you to Triple H and his shitty promo. I loved the smiles from everyone in the ring who could not keep their masks on.

Sad that the best part about WWE is when the fans decide to hijack a shitty promo from a shitty promo guy, regarding a shitty feud we have seen a billion times, consisting two guys who combined are less talented than a Dusty Rhodes fart.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit the supposed "WWE Universe" stole the main event segment and gave a giant fuck you to Triple H and his shitty promo. I loved the smiles from everyone in the ring who could not keep their masks on.

Sad that the best part about WWE is when the fans decide to hijack a shitty promo from a shitty promo guy, regarding a shitty feud we have seen a billion times, consisting two guys who combined are less talented than a Dusty Rhodes fart.

What if I told you this is all going according to keikaku? The ultimate long con!

jmdajr

Exaggeration.

Boots did you see Devo's tag? Unbelievable.

LOL, that's fabulous. Glad to see The Fabulous Ones getting some mainstream exposure, brother.

Vince McMahon said:
What if I told you this is all going according to keikaku? The ultimate long con!

It doesn't matter how clever they think they're being by working the marks - even if the pay-off to a shitty angle is great, it's still a shitty angle for 95% of the run.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What's everyones' personal GOTY look like? Genuinely curious. I get the feeling Aiii is going to say something wrong though :p

Toki767

What's everyones' personal GOTY look like? Genuinely curious. I get the feeling Aiii is going to say something wrong though :p

Most memorable - The Last of Us

Most fun - Super Mario 3D World

If I had to pick I'd probably give it to The Last of Us though. With Super Mario 3D World being an uber close second.

jmdajr

Game of the Year?

Last of Us probably. Only game I beat besides DmC which would be runner up and not just by default. It was really good.

edit: I know some people hate Achievement/Trophies but I love them. It's the only real way to keep a history of what I played.

Xater

Game of the Year? Hmm Th Last of Us, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Fire Emblem are up there for me. Will probably go with Monster Hunter because I was obsessed with it. Played over 100 hours in 2 weeks...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
DmC was really fantastic. REALLY great. Visual design AND audio design was off the goddamn tank for that game, fantastic synergy between the two.

I am definitely in the minority when I say TLoU was meh.

LoL

Does that count?

Hell no, that shit is old. Like 2011 old. Maybe earlier!

I'm hovering around The Last of Us = The Wonderful 101 > Super Mario 3D World > Metal Gear Rising. I missed a lot this year, but of what I did play, those are the ones that left their marks on me.

Toki767

DmC was really fantastic. REALLY great. Visual design AND audio design was off the goddamn tank for that game, fantastic synergy between the two.

I am definitely in the minority when I say TLoU was meh.

Hell no, that shit is old. Like 2011 old. Maybe earlier!

Waiting for DmC to be like $5 on Steam to play it. Need that 60fps.

Top Bottom