• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Osamu Nishimura vs Yoshihiro Takayama - G1 Climax XII Semi-Final - (NJPW 08/10/02)

This might just be my favourite Takayama match ever. For whatever reason, be it that he respects Nishimura's superlative technical ability or that he just wants to prove a point, Takayama isn't in full-on beast mode tonight - instead, he wants to test his wrestling skills against a mat master and Nishmura is more than happy to oblige. You'll never hear a crowd pop so hard for a wrist lock take-down than when Nishimura applies it to Takayama here. Nishmura's just SO GOOD. Seriously, some of those bridging escapes from holds and beautiful float-over counters on a guy the size of Takayama make this a must watch. Also, Takayama's never looked better on the mat than he does here and the crowd are super into this highly unconventional David vs Goliath match-up. If you've never seen Nishimura before and are a fan of high-quality technical wrestling, seriously watch this match.

ib0VGLQWoyuDnO.gif

Saw you tweet this, already halfway into it almost - and it's DELIGHTFUL.

Saw you tweet this, already halfway into it almost - and it's DELIGHTFUL.

Glad you're enjoying it, I really like watching Nishimura work, dude's severely underrated amongst western fans.

Watched it and the M-Pro match I posted for ditch's Best of 2000's project, which you guys should really check out if you're interested in watching a ton of kick-ass puroresu;

http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?showtopic=20879

jred2k

Oh Steph <3

tumblr_mxkyoxwHRq1rnjfjfo1_400.gif

Next summer everyone should go a children's soccer game and scope out the mom wearing a sweater in July and handing out juice boxes. Then realize that a women of similar mindset was in charge of the creative division of a wrestling company and made decisions every day about what you got to see. Its not hard to see why the product is the way it is sometimes.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I found a show worse the December to Dismember. Worse as a TNA show, reunion show, ECW show all at the same time.

Excellent, sorta.

Is this real?

Yes it is!

Glad you're enjoying it, I really like watching Nishimura work, dude's severely underrated amongst western fans.

Watched it and the M-Pro match I posted for ditch's Best of 2000's project, which you guys should really check out if you're interested in watching a ton of kick-ass puroresu;

http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?showtopic=20879

Bookmarked!

jmdajr

Next summer everyone should go a children's soccer game and scope out the mom wearing a sweater in July and handing out juice boxes. Then realize that a women of similar mindset was in charge of the creative division of a wrestling company and made decisions every day about what you got to see. Its not hard to see why the product is the way it is sometimes.

If my wife was in charge first thing she would do is bury Miz. Like even more so.

BFIB

I'm watching ECW November to Remember '99. I can't take a Taz heel seriously when he wears a fanny pack.

We already know week 1 will just be a bunch of TLC rematches.

Week 2 will be the fallout of those rematches.

Week 3 will be dont give a fuck troops show

Week 4 will be "Oh fuck, no one has declared they are in the Rumble yet!"

And the last week before the rumble is the one that ends with everyone notable brawling in the ring when things get "out of control" as the show ends.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
And the last week before the rumble is the one that ends with everyone notable brawling in the ring when things get "out of control" as the show ends.

Where one person is left standing in the ring after throwing everyone out.

"Can we expect this Sunday night at the Royal Rumble?! John Cena stands tall!" etc.

Where one person is left standing in the ring after throwing everyone out.

"Can we expect this Sunday night at the Royal Rumble?! John Cena stands tall!" etc.

It's kind of fifty-fifty, they either do this or the one where the cameras cut out as everyone in the ring half heartedly punches each other.
It must depend on if they keep the segment to just the upper set of talent in which case it's usually a fun finisher fest or if they include the midcard and below leading to option B for brawling.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This very well may be a "silly promoter dream" but I'd love to see Bootaaay and Strobogo review a show together - A back and forth written review. It may be tricky to do, but I'd absolutely love it.

Toki767

In fairness to Orton I think he was kind of screwed by the pyro guys, he had to do like three separate pointing motions before they finally set things off.

I don't think it was the pyro guys. I think the producer wanted Orton to go to a particular ringpost for the camera angle.

Top Bottom