• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Decorated Marine attacked by group of teens outside D.C. McDonald's

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just you. Appeals to consequence aren't the best way to evaluate stories.

The guy is a decorated Marine who was assaulted with corroborating video evidence.

What evidence do you have that this guy is dishonest or motivated to lie?

The video of him getting attacked or the video of the statements that was said before the attack?
Do you have a motive?

I can't question something now or be skeptical? Find in my last response where I said anything about trying to down play his attack outside of me not believing the words that was said before. Find it?

Because he's white of course!

I didn't even know his race. HILARIOUS ASSUMPTION THOUGH 😂😂😂

droggg

Maybe it's me but Im calling bullshit on the BLM comment and the fact that it was racially charged. The fact that him being a marine was brought up to intensify how much the "BLM" crowd is targeting even army veterans is what leaves me so skeptical. I don't believe any of what he said, besides the fact that he was robbed. Everything he said feels made up or exaggerated to me.

What would a decorated veteran marine sergeant gain out of lying about this?

Ahh yes being more upset about repeatedly seeing a newstory on your facebook wall as opposed to a bunch of cowards out-numbering and stealing from someone. Priorities

No. I'm upset that right wingers are being spoon fed an opportunity to discredit BLM due to the severe lack of judgement from a group of teenagers. But if you want to put words in my mouth and make assumptions that's your prerogative.

No. I'm upset that right wingers are being spoon fed an opportunity to discredit BLM due to the severe lack of judgement from a group of teenagers. But if you want to put words in my mouth and make assumptions that's your prerogative.

So they are posting a video and you are claiming they are REALLY trying to discredit BLM.

POT meet KETTLE.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Guy got mugged. nothing to do with BLM.

If they asked to borrow his phone it wouldn't be Tim Cook's fault either.

This is standard MO for small mugger gangs.

FStop7

Banned
Maybe it's me but Im calling bullshit on the BLM comment and the fact that it was racially charged. The fact that him being a marine was brought up to intensify how much the "BLM" crowd is targeting even army veterans is what leaves me so skeptical. I don't believe any of what he said, besides the fact that he was robbed. Everything he said feels made up or exaggerated to me.

Not cool.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I didn't even know his race. HILARIOUS ASSUMPTION THOUGH 😂😂😂

So, you didn't bother to read the story, look at the video, look at any of the the photos, check the rest of the thread. But yeah, keep arguing like you have any idea of what the fuck is going on. That makes you look good.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Find them and fry them. Zero fucking leniency.

Fuck these pieces.

COMPLETELY agree! Some people might think executing 15 people is a gross over-reaction to a mugging, but those people are cowards who aren't man enough to vote for Trump.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN AND FRY THESE PUNKS wait they were black right? Ok, cool. YEAH SCREW THEM!

So they are posting a video and you are claiming they are REALLY trying to discredit BLM.

POT meet KETTLE.

Well, yeah. I'm claiming that because I'm reading blatantly racist comments on my newsfeed from those linked articles and that's exactly what those Facebook users are doing.

Are you serious dude?

PsychBat!

Banned
Welp, still stand by what I said. I don't think it was racially charged nor did BLM have anything to do with it. I think he was robbed unfairly by a group of repeating criminals brave enough to do this to even a marine.

Well of course BLM didn't have anything to do with it. Or are you saying that he lied about the question that was being posed to him by a group of people that mugged him afterwards?

droggg

Idk, he's protected. It's not like he would have to tell the truth or God forbid.

I doubt these kids have anything to do with the BLM movement and just used the 'what are you doing for BLM?" question to lure the guy in and I don't agree with the media or anyone trying to twist this in in order to push an anti-BLM agenda. But for you to out of nowhere assume he is lying is just as bad, you're twisting this story to somehow make it out that this guy is a liar based on what? That he is a racist or something, purposely bringing BLM into this for his own personal gain? I don't get it.

Welp, still stand by what I said. I don't think it was racially charged nor did BLM have anything to do with it. I think he was robbed unfairly by a group of repeating criminals brave enough to do this to even a marine.

But you have no proof. The only knowledge we do have is the victim's first hand account. The account of a human being who risked his life for others, someone who has a great deal of honor that is actually earned, which you (an anonymous person on the internet feel qualified to question)

By the way...that isnt bravery it is COWARDICE. They are weak as individuals and so in order to feel strong they must find like minded people with whom they now feel strong enough to assault one person. When I think of it..it kinda reminds me of a message board.

droggg

Yeah, because there is nothing more brave than a group of people mugging a marine....that's a really poor choice of word.

But you have no proof. The only knowledge we do have is the victim's first hand account. The account of a human being who risked his life for others, someone who has a great deal of honor that is actually earned, which you (an anonymous person on the internet feel qualified to question)

By the way...that isnt bravery it is COWARDICE. They are weak as individuals and so in order to feel strong they must find like minded people with whom they now feel strong enough to assault one person. When I think of it..it kinda reminds me of a message board.

You're comparing a group of teenagers assaulting a marine to this message board and community?

Why are you here again?

commedieu

Banned

They didn't know he was a marine. But it will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

So, you didn't bother to read the story, look at the video, look at any of the the photos, check the rest of the thread. But yeah, keep arguing like you have any idea of what the fuck is going on. That makes you look good.

WTF!?! Re-read my chain of comment and come back to me. I'm not even going to entertain this. Bye.

Well of course BLM didn't have anything to do with it. Or are you saying that he lied about the question that was being posed to him by a group of people that mugged him afterwards?

I'm saying as I have said in this thread that...

1. I don't believe it was racially charged
2. I don't believe that BLM had anything to do with it
3. Specifically pointing out how much of a war hero he was exaggerated the story on someone who got robbed because a bunch of repeat criminals wanted to rob him.

I doubt these kids have anything to do with the BLM movement and just used the 'what are you doing for BLM?" question to lure the guy in and I don't agree with the media or anyone trying to twist this in in order to push an anti-BLM agenda. But for you to out of nowhere assume he is lying is just as bad, you're twisting this story to somehow make it out that this guy is a liar based on what? That he is a racist or something, purposely bringing BLM into this for his own personal gain? I don't get it.

Where did I say he was lying? I said I don't BELIEVE what he said. Just like every single person can chose to believe what is said or is not being said in every single thread that is debated, that's exactly what I'm doing here. Stop trying to get caught up in the feeling (that some of you think) that I'm discrediting his assault when I'm only questioning the motives behind the action from what he said. Is that all of a sudden not allowed?

Fast food place late at night in DC is just not a safe place, IMO. I'm not blaming him at all, but I'd be getting my food in the drive through and eating at my house late at night.

There's very little space in downtown DC for a drive-thru. In fact, I can barely think of any fast food restaurants in downtown that have a drive-thru. You have to start heading outward, or into Maryland/Virginia til you start seeing some.

droggg

WTF!?! Re-read my chain of comment and come back to me. I'm not even going to entertain this. Bye.

3. Specifically pointing out how much of a war hero he was exaggerated the story on someone who got robbed because a bunch of repeat criminals wanted to rob him.

Where did I say he was lying? I said I don't BELIEVE what he said. Just like every single person can chose to believe what is said or is not being said in every single thread that is debated, that's exactly what I'm doing here. Stop trying to get caught up in the feeling (that some of you think) that I'm discrediting his assault when I'm only questioning the motives behind the action from what he said. Is that all of a sudden not allowed?

this is a discussion board and you're allowed to have your opinion, but people are also allowed to not agree with you. Nothing you're saying has any basis except for it being what you "BELIEVE"., you're bringing nothing to this discussion except for you're own thought up narrative of this guy being a liar because....."idk".

foxtrot3d

Banned

Alright, let's reframe what happened. A bunch of white cops see a passing black man who also happened to be a veteran and ask, "hey do you think All Lives Matter?" Black man, minding his own business, chooses not to respond. He is then stopped by the police told he's resisting arrest and is beaten before being thrown into a cop car. There is video evidence of his beating but not audio of the exchange. Now, in the aftermath of said situation do you:

A) Believe what the victim is saying.
B) Believe that police were not racially motivated in beating the victim to death.
C) Believe police had just cause in their actions.
D) Not believe anyone and call for more facts.

vulva

Out of curiosity, can you show me the highlighted quote from him that you don't believe?

Jonm1010

Banned

That is literally calling him a liar.

knkng

I agree with everything you're saying here, but let's not fuck around. Your original post ended with...
I don't believe any of what he said, besides the fact that he was robbed. Everything he said feels made up or exaggerated to me.
...which is implying some sort of conspiracy on his part. Like he was trying to set up BLM to meet an agenda. You have no proof of this.

Can't we just agree that this is a terrible incident and we hope this war hero has a good recovery and also acknowledge it is terrible that this is being used as more ammo against BLM?

commedieu

Banned
former Marine became the target of an alleged assault in a McDonald’s Friday night, as a crowd of youths cornered him and demanded he answer the question, “do you believe black lives matter?” Before knocking him unconscious and robbing him.

Christopher Marquez, a veteran of Iraq and recipient of the Bronze Star for valor, said he was dining at a McDonald’s in northwest D.C. when a group of black teenagers came up to him and allegedly began harassing him about the black lives matter movement. Marquez ignored them which prompted calls and shouts that he was a racist.

“I believe this was a hate crime and I was targeted because of my skin color,” Marquez told TheDCNF. “Too many of these types of attacks have been happening against white people by members of the black community and the majority of the main stream media refuses to report on it.”

Officer Anthony Hector of the Metropolitan Police Department is currently investigating the alleged assault. TheDCNF reached out to the MPD for comment but no further details could be provided at this time. Marquez described roughly 5 black assailants including one female, ages 16 to 21

Original source; http://dailycaller.com/2016/02/15/m...ang-yelled-do-you-believe-black-lives-matter/

Iorv3th

Where is the video or photos? I didn't see video in the op's link.

this is a discussion board and you're allowed to have your opinion, but people are also allowed to not agree with you. Nothing you're saying has any basis except for it being what you "BELIEVE"., you're bringing nothing to this discussion except for you're own thought up narrative of this guy being a liar because....."idk".

Sis, good night. Did I say no one can disagree? No, not once. However I'm defending that fact that its very transparent that people are completely reading what they want to be offended by in my post rather than question why I feel like that.

I'm not doing the "How dare you question... " comments. Disagree all you want. I'm not arguing that at all.

The story says he left the Marines in 2011 after 8 years of service.

I admit that I skimmed past how long ago he left and went into the fact that he was a iconic hero who was turned into a statue and the details of the robbery.

Alright, let's reframe what happened. A bunch of white cops see a passing black man who also happened to be a veteran and ask, "hey do you think All Lives Matter?" Black man, minding his own business, chooses not to respond. He is then stopped by the police told he's resisting arrest and is beaten before being thrown into a cop car. There is video evidence of his beating but not audio of the exchange. Now, in the aftermath of said situation do you:

A) Believe what the victim is saying.
B) Believe that police were not racially motivated in beating the victim to death.
C) Believe police had just cause in their actions.
D) Not believe anyone and call for more facts.

Cute... But you're trying for a reach here. The point that your trying to do, is find some hypocritical motive in my stance as if it changes anyway how I feel about THIS story. At the end of the day, it is facts that prove the stories and we've seen many of times were people of both races, black and white, have exaggerated or spin facts to their own narratives to fit what might have happened. Skepticism is what I have for this story and that's that. Was he robbed? Yes and that is the undeniable fact.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

Yeah, such bravery hitting a guy in the back of the head with a blunt object and then jumping him.

I really don't see what his motivation is to lie here.

The BLM thing doesn't really change the story either way. It was just a distraction used to get his attention.

Glad this was on camera, hope they find these lowlives quick.

commedieu

Banned
Sis, good night. Did I say no one can disagree? No, not once. However I'm defending that fact that its very transparent that people are completely reading what they want to be offended by in my post rather than question why I feel like that.

I'm not doing the "How dare you question... " comments. Disagree all you want. I'm not arguing that at all.

I admit that I skimmed past how long ago he left and went into the fact that he was a iconic hero who was turned into a statue and the details of the robbery.

Cute... But your trying for a reach here. The point that your trying to do, is find some hypocritical motive in my stance as if it changes anyway how I feel about THIS story. At the end of the day, it is facts that prove the stories and we've seen many of times were people of both races, black and white, have exaggerated or spin facts to their own narratives to fit what might have happened. Skepticism is what I have for this story and that's that. Was he robbed? Yes and that is the undeniable fact.

in the original article, he says that too many crimes like this happen against white people, by the black community, and the mainstream media ignores it.

"Too many of these types of attacks have been happening against white people by members of the black community and the majority of the main stream media refuses to report on it."

The video from McDonalds should clearly show them cornering him, as was originally reported. But that was also reported with, The footage from mcdonalds shows 1 guy smack him, then 5 others come and loot. As he left...

That bit is confusing. Was he cornered inside the McD's? Then thats open and shut. Was he knocked unconcious, propped up, questioned, beaten, then robbed? And that is what is on the McD's cam feed?

mcrommert

Banned
Guy got mugged. nothing to do with BLM.

If they asked to borrow his phone it wouldn't be Tim Cook's fault either.

This is standard MO for small mugger gangs.

I'm glad you have all the info man

Actually living in the area, i have no trouble believing it was racially motivated. Happens with groups of young men in the area all the time.

besada

Banned
Two things:

1) Calm down or go somewhere else.
2) The shit posting quotient needs to drop very rapidly, or there will be bans.

As always, if you'd like to discuss this or other moderation, feel free to PM a moderator.

That is literally calling him a liar.

Except it's not. You can not believe something but don't think they are flat out lying...smh. I... Can't go any further

I agree with everything you're saying here, but let's not fuck around. Your original post ended with...

...which is implying some sort of conspiracy on his part. Like he was trying to set up BLM to meet an agenda. You have no proof of this.

I have no proof and neither do the police. Go figure right? So there is much room here to be skeptical. I mean, the dude himself said he believes the attack was racially charged. I don't believe the attack specifically was. MCD has the video of the attack, not audio or a documented record of the statements said by both parties. This is moving away from the central fact that he was attacked.

Yeah, such bravery hitting a guy in the back of the head with a blunt object and then jumping him.

I really don't see what his motivation is to lie here.

He can have all reason to lie. But my comment wasn't based on the fact that he had a reason, I just don't believe the words and the motive behind him getting robbed had all to do with BLM and being racially targeted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom