• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Defiance |OT| If Borderlands was a B2P MMO with a SyFy TV-series half-sister

TimeLike

Lag city on 360 for me. Press y to swap weapons maybe ten seconds later it happens. Anything I have to interact with using a button press forget it. Hoping it gets better. Will try again tomorrow.

Effect

Overall the game look okay upon first load. Hitting the escape button takes me back to my desktop though which is all kinds of wtf.

Zero lag on the EU server for PC so far.

Tips:
- save your keycards for lvl 4 lockboxes, that's where the orange gear comes from.
You easily get like 100 of those keys in 5 hours just by playing normally.

-Save your crafting resources (the green currency) for removing mods and adding mod slots,I wouldn't waste them on keys

-there is an option to remove mods and one to KEEP the mod after removing it, don't accidentally remove and delete your best mods with the wrong option

-each power has ego talents around it that synergize really well with certain weapons,look closely at them so you can unlock and pick the right ones

-against the large hellbugs wait for them to stand in their hind legs then snipe them in the chest,this will stun them and they'll reveal the weak spot on their backside.
I found using a sniper the easiest way to do enough dmg in the 2seconds window when it stands on its rear legs.

Anyone else's download speed just go to hell? Was downloading the game at around 3 MBs and it just dropped to .57 and has stayed there for about 10 minutes.

WOW..in the beta i chose Cloak, then simply chose overdrive for the power boost and ammo perks..

Well it turns out that in the final game it won't let you choose another EGO power without extending perks next to it to unlock it.. It would have take 10 wasted perks to do so..

Thankfully I did the 120 arkfall codes and unlocked SCAVENGER.. Which happens to be right next to Overdrive, and i was able to mimic my beta build. All is well :D

I'm EGO lvl 170, and only doing side missions and co-op..

PLAY THE 4PLAYER CO-OP AS SOON AS YOU ARE CONFIDENT, just like in the beta there's primo loot there-in!

Effect

Okay things were working better at a restart. Escape brings up the menus. Not as bad as I was expecting. They're very fast. However selecting settings kicks me right to the desk top. Restarted a few times and still the same thing. Bugged?

I am impressed with how it looks and the speed at which the game loads. Either it's well done or my system is simply beyond what is needed for the game. I assume the game is automatically detecting hardware and the system and picking the best setting. I can't even get into to tell.

M.W.

Ok, i'm on 4 and a half hours of installing/patching on the 360 version. My patience is wearing thin. For starters, it's insanely slow. Then, it's patch after patch after patch after patch after patch after patch. WTF. So far, my impressions...GAR

nataku

Okay things were working better at a restart. Escape brings up the menus. Not as bad as I was expecting. They're very fast. However selecting settings kicks me right to the desk top. Restarted a few times and still the same thing. Bugged?

I am impressed with how it looks and the speed at which the game loads. Either it's well done or my system is simply beyond what is needed for the game. I assume the game is automatically detecting hardware and the system and picking the best setting. I can't even get into to tell.

Do you have a 120Hz monitor? They have some sort of bug where going to settings with one crashes the game.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?14416-PC-100MHz-Monitor-Issues

Mindlog

Lag city on 360 for me. Press y to swap weapons maybe ten seconds later it happens. Anything I have to interact with using a button press forget it. Hoping it gets better. Will try again tomorrow.
The game is more stable than BETA, but way laggier at the moment.

It almost irritates me that I enjoy this game so much. Just starting the tutorial again and it's so easy to notice the rough edges. Then you get to the end area and there may be a player or two helping you. I remember this! Then I exited the tutorial zone along with dozens and dozens of other players. It put a smile on my face.

Grouping in this game is so natural. I solo'd a few missions (always with others present.) Then a little later I join a group tearing through missions. It's no hassle in the slightest. Please, other games pay attention to this. It's very fun, easy, intuitive... adjective splurge.

I really miss my bionet gun. Need to get one.
There are a lot more ammo boxes compared to beta.

Grief.exe

Have you not played on PC for a while?

Games always have little bits of lore or tips on the loading screens and I never get to see them.

Are the servers down on pc for anyone else? Trying to create a character "The Defiance Server is not availble. Please try again later"

Server Update: April 2nd 10:45pm - Xbox, PC and PS3
We will be starting server updates on all platforms beginning at 10:45pm PT.

Server Downtime:
Date: April 2nd, 2013
Time: 10:45pm PT
Duration: 1 hour

Patch Notes:
- Added Ammo caches to Major Arkfalls
- Fixed a rare condition where you could get stuck in the tutorial
- Altered loot drop on some mini bosses to reduce item farming
- Temporally Disabled Freight Yard (16v16 Instance)
- Updated incorrectly marked epic weapons to common items
- Detonator Tuning
- Corrected Hotshot Challenge reward in Marin
- Server and client crash fixes

Ammo at major AF's, Yesu! Noot from mini bosses? NO :(
Eh, ya take the good with the bad.

Duffyside

Banned
I pay WAY too much attention to games (more time than playing them), and this game came out of no where for me (I do LOVE when that happens, though).

Who made it? How long have some of you been following it?

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Server Update: April 2nd 10:45pm - Xbox, PC and PS3
We will be starting server updates on all platforms beginning at 10:45pm PT.

Server Downtime:
Date: April 2nd, 2013
Time: 10:45pm PT
Duration: 1 hour

Patch Notes:
- Added Ammo caches to Major Arkfalls
- Fixed a rare condition where you could get stuck in the tutorial
- Altered loot drop on some mini bosses to reduce item farming
- Temporally Disabled Freight Yard (16v16 Instance)
- Updated incorrectly marked epic weapons to common items
- Detonator Tuning
- Corrected Hotshot Challenge reward in Marin
- Server and client crash fixes

Ammo at major AF's, Yesu! Noot from mini bosses? NO :(
Eh, ya take the good with the bad.

Ooooh yeah, ammo caches at Arkfalls, that's more like it. It would always end up with me running around with every weapon empty, especially in the bigger Arkfalls.

ksimm

I had every intention of playing this today but when I woke the patch failed and is now downloading the entire thing all over again, yay!

deafmedal

Did you play Mass Effect 3 MP?!? Did you enjoy the "Disable All Devices" objective during money waves? Yes?!? Well then Defiance is the game for you! You'll spend many hours in the lush environments of terraformed San Francisco "Disabling All Devices"!

After spending three weeks installing the game, then updating/patching, I was allowed to play. I should shave but alas, my addiction got the better of me. After watching a cut scene featuring the bad ass from Avatar and Paul Schaffer I was allowed to create a character. Options are a bit limited but I was able to piece together an odd looking alien chick. I'd totally do her, BTW. I wasn't allowed to insert a " ' " into her name, which miffed me a bit but whatever. Time to play! Game gets off to a running start... disabling the devic err... holding "X" to interact with this and that. A quick trip to the menu left me confused. Where is the save button? Where is my preorder crap? Meh, I just wanna shoot stuff. Time to run to the next Golden Arrow, surely for some more device disabling

And Defiance did not disappoint! Wait! What's this? A bit of lag and some random dudes traipsing about! Ok, cool. WTF?!? Lag affecting my X interaction? Hmmmm. Oh cool, that dude must be on the same mission as they disabled one of my devices! Good, cause I was getting irked. What's this? I can't take damage while disabling?! Well let me use my special power and go invisible and get it. Nope, bad guy saw me. Then I cloak heh. Stop honking at me brah, I ain't know you!

Looky loo, I can spend a point! WooHoo! No, I don't really melee, but I am sure I will always be *higher* than the enemy... perhaps I should take that perk? Lemme mash this button... wait! Mash X to log off... hope it saves! Let's exit to dashboard and see if my Ark Hunter rewards for copying and pasting will load after a restart. Nope, and this time I am 365th in queue, with a wait time of only 12 h and 45 m! Yay! Mash back, retry and jump right back in. Nope, no free stuff. I'll figure it out later, I have devices that need disabling :)

Only had around three hours to play last night so time will tell but as of right now, I'm diggin it. Hope some more of my buds pick it up, although I reckon I will soon have new buds to play with. Besides there was never a shortage of randy randoms on the map to help. It was really cool running from one mission to another and coming across a downed player, reviving them and continuing on my way (although no one ever revived me :( ). Stoopid work, I wanna play s'more!

:)

.hacked

enjoying it so far save for the inventory bug, got 4 items in my inventory I can't break down nor sell. Been having a blast just cruising the map and buying teir 1 boxes for some fancy guns.

Really am impress, love getting new guns almost as much as borderlands.

Effect

I have to say I'm looking forward to seeing how they pull off the integration with the TV show. Curious as to what will happen if the show doesn't do well. Will they continue the seasons in game? Also curious as to what the numbers will be like once the show airs and the connection with the game and how they impact each other is known by viewing audience. That is one way to get sales and possibly keep them.

One question for X360 players.

Does it come with online pass or something like that?

I would like to rent it, but I don't know if I can play it...

For clarification the game is online ONLY there is no offline mode so XBL GOLD is required

also required are 10Gb of HDD space for the client installs

Trion had a server reboot yesterday evening and the game for me ran laggy afterwards especially after participating in my first arkfall. God that was such laggy disappointing garbage especially after the game having the same lag issues during arkfall events during the beta, hopefully they can fix it. I'm enjoying the game much more than the beta though, I'm just trying to remain patient while they iron out the post launch kinks. ;)

Tobor

Ooooh yeah, ammo caches at Arkfalls, that's more like it. It would always end up with me running around with every weapon empty, especially in the bigger Arkfalls.

Haha, that's exactly what happened to me last night. Good to see them fix it.

Joe Molotov

If you setup your Ark hunter on http://www.defiance.com/en/my-ego

Then copy and paste the following into your address bar:

javascript:($.getScript('http://fooey.net/stuff/arkfall.js'))

You'll get all codes and unlocks. Taken from:

http://www.neckbeard.ca/r/Defiance/comments/1b2lju/all_120_arkfall_codes_plus_two_extra/

Worked a treat.

Hmmm....

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?14534-Ark-Hunter-Rewards-on-Pause&p=167179#post167179

We will be taking down the Ark Hunter Rewards program for a short period of time due to several users utilizing a script that is eating up critical bandwidth on our servers.

We thank you for your patience and game on!

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
This game has excellent 360 controller support on the PC.

Comfy couch 46" 1080p is quite nice.

NIN90

The fuck... turned off my PC yesterday with 45 minutes remaining to finish the download. Now it's around 2 hours again, with the same speed.

HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO HOLY SHTAKO

I pay WAY too much attention to games (more time than playing them), and this game came out of no where for me (I do LOVE when that happens, though).

Who made it? How long have some of you been following it?

The guys who made Rift (one of few Wow-evolutions that's doing well), and I've been following it for a year more or less.

In other news, I got the Ultimate Edition today and am now patching the game:
oX3N0lIh.jpg
I couldn't be arsed with an unboxing video.

EDIT: Yeah, my speeds suddenly dropped from 3MB to 0.6MB/s.

Top Bottom