• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Degica's Muv-Luv Trilogy Kickstarter (Funded) - New Tiers for Physical Vita Reward

fertygo

That's already part of Photon Flowers/Melodies, so it'll happen once they reach 720k. Hopefully they have no intention of using those shitty machine translated fan translations for it.

Err and why they not list it?

The Day After collection is like 20+ hour VN on its own! its like another title for your VN library!

Yeah hopefully they're not, although I myself experience 3 chapter of it with buzzing of with machine translator and its already so damn good. I need legit translation of it.

Err and why they not list it?

The Day After collection is like 20+ hour VN on its own! its like another title for your VN library!

Yeah hopefully they're not, although I myself experience 3 chapter of it with buzzing of with machine translator and its already so damn good. I need legit translation of it.

I seem to have misread it. Photon Flowers/Melodies only includes parts of MLA Chronicles, not all of it.

jonjonaug

That's already part of Photon Flowers/Melodies, so it'll happen once they reach 720k. Hopefully they have no intention of using those shitty machine translated fan translations for it.

The Photon games only have the side stories from the Chronicles releases, not TDA.

EDIT: Going into more detail here. The Chronicles games each include a chapter of TDA along with additional side stories. Photon Flowers/Melodies only contains these side stores and leaves out the main attraction of TDA.

fertygo

I seem to have misread it. Photon Flowers/Melodies only includes parts of MLA Chronicles, not all of it.

Yeah that's why my post on back page worded that way, I just realize these photon collection have short stories (I need dat Lt. Isumi story btw) from Chronicle , we just need the big story! :(

TDA is fucking great

creid

The most notable feature about this is that if you order the $80 physical Vita tier during the Kickstarter, you'll also get digital copies of the game, for PC or Vita.
That's weird, and seems like a mistake, but I'm going with this since I can't decide between PC and Vita.

Shizuka

Muv-Luv (which includes Muv-Luv Extra and Muv-Luv Unlimited) and Muv-Luv Alternative will launch for PS Vita in Japan on January 21 for 5,800 yen each, the latest issue of Famitsu reveals.

A Muv-Luv Double Pack including both games will also be released for 9,800 yen.

The PS Vita version promises to properly reproduce the features popular in the PC version, as well as include touch control support.

English versions of Muv-Luv and Muv-Luv Alternative will be released for PS Vita, PC, and Android in March 2016 and August 2016, respectively. A Kickstarter campaign for each title’s English localization is still ongoing.

Thanks, Hachima Kikou.

Source: Gematsu.

Just like I figured, Vita development as already well underway in Japan.

Interesting. Now I can see why it's $80, all this time I thought it was just one game cartridge for all the games. And you get a digital copy on top of it too. Okay yeah I may have to get this LOL.

upandaway

A release that soon really makes the "Muv Luv improvements" stretch goal look completely meaningless. That work must have already been well underway.
Either that or the improvements will be patched in or something, no way they'll only be in the English release

It's a pretty vague stretch goal

Shenmue

Banned
Yes, you will get 3 copies. Btw, if you so choose, you can swap the digital Vita copy for a and copy on Android.

I read the KS but I think I missed the part about the 3 copies. Can you point out where it says that? Thanks!

The $150 PS Vita tier seems to only say digital steam copy and the physical vita copy no?

Shizuka

A release that soon really makes the "Muv Luv improvements" stretch goal look completely meaningless. That work must have already been well underway.

That stretch goal also includes english dub for some scenes, which is something Degica will likely work on, not Age.

Ventara

I read the KS but I think I missed the part about the 3 copies. Can you point out where it says that? Thanks!

The $150 PS Vita tier seems to only say digital steam copy and the physical vita copy no?

ALL pledges of $150 tier or more will get digital copies of all the stretch goals met, which including the digital Vita copy, whose stretch goal was met.

Note: Pledging 150$ or above gets you ALL of the digital stretch goal items for free when they’re unlocked.

I confirmed this myself by asking them.

Ventara
Oct 12 2015

Does the $150 Vita tier include digital copies of BOTH the PC version and the Vita version?

Thank you

The Muv-Luv Team
Oct 12 2015

Yes. :)
You can swap the Vita for Android too.

Shenmue

Banned
ALL pledges of $150 tier or more will get digital copies of all the stretch goals met, which including the digital Vita copy, whose stretch goal was met.

I confirmed this myself by asking them.

Ahhh I see! I didn't know the vita digital copy counted as a stretch goal. Thanks for the explanation and confirmation!

That is an incredible deal. Three copies of the game plus all the physical goodies for only $150??? Backed!

Vanethyr

Can't... resist... physical Vita Collector's Edition... time to upgrade my pledge - I can go without food for a week, right?

Seriously though, so happy with all this VN love!

tumblr_n8h81neMSA1r7ska6o1_500.gif

boingball

Anyone knows whether the digital Vita version/dlc will be US only or will there be also EU codes? I am on the physical Vita tier for $80 but I might consider the $150 tier if they provide EU codes.

Shizuka

Anyone knows whether the digital Vita version/dlc will be US only or will there be also EU codes? I am on the physical Vita tier for $80 but I might consider the $150 tier if they provide EU codes.

They've mentioned they'll offer EU codes for the Vita digital copies, it's in the FAQ.

StereoVsn

Man, that $80 vita physical bundle is great. I actually downgraded from $100 one right now. Might spring for $150 bundle but not sure I need any of the extras.

Ephidel

I can't seem to get it to let me pledge, and I'm wondering if someone can tell me if it's a Kickstarter problem or a me problem. Every time I enter details it just keeps going
Well, this is embarrassing.

Processing your pledge is taking longer than usual. If you'd like, you can refresh and try again.

Not to worry: you can only back a project once, so you will never be double-charged.
I've tried again, with multiple cards and everything, but still no dice.

Last time I backed anything I was still able to use amazon payments. That was so much easier x_x

Edit: Scratch that, I take back my whining, it's started working now. I'm now a backer \o/
With no impulse control. I bodged together a $150 Vita + $60 + postage pledge to account for adding the plush because I want an adorable horrible monster and the [Beta Watch Out] tier was PC Phys only. Plushes are my weakness.

Shizuka

From reddit visual novels:

ncWs5dF.png

If that happens, the $150 will be a must buy for anyone below the tier or people waiting to pledge. Honestly, the value of the $150 collectors box is absurd as it is, I couldn't imagine it getting any better.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

ncWs5dF.png

If that happens, the $150 will be a must buy for anyone below the tier or people waiting to pledge. Honestly, the value of the $150 collectors box is absurd as it is, I couldn't imagine it getting any better.

Whoa that in the $150 tier too?? Awesome!! Was the thing they were asking about a side story?

ncWs5dF.png

I don't think he's saying the book would be added to the collector's box, just the Sumika figma. In which case I can't say I care much about that stretch goal.

fertygo

No TDA made me sad :(

Well, hope there's another KS for that after this released.. its should've much smaller KS required too

Physical codex would be amazing.
The Sumika figma getting a reprint would be cool. It goes for about $40 or so now so it being included in the already amazing $150 tier would be incredible.

Vanethyr

<snip>

tumblr_inline_n4mihaQm6X1stl2xt.png

Oh my! This Kickstarter just keeps getting better and better, I feel genuinely spoiled by them. Makes a nice change to see such a generous Collector's Edition.

Redhood

I answered that question on the other thread. No, it's not, but after the Kickstarter, it'll be more expensive and likely not come with a digital copy.

Oooo! So if I buy it now physical I will also get a digital copy?

I must buy it then.

Thanks Shiz!

ncWs5dF.png

A Sumika figure too??????

Lawd this might be the greatest CE ever.

They've updates their FAQ again.
&#12539;The Muv-Luv Alternative CODEX is a 450-500 pages interactive digital book with contents from Integral Works and Lunatic Dawn, and is in a cross-platform application format with easy navigation tools, parallax/layered object effects, music and extra sprites to make it much more entertaining to read. :)
Will there be a physical version of the CODEX?
&#12539;CP: &#12300;There is a disturbance in the force... It seems like there aren't just 720,000 BETA after all. Will humanity survive this attack?&#12301;
So the Codex is an application and a physical version of it is is going to be the next stretch goal.

Shizuka

They've updates their FAQ again.

So the Codex is an application and a physical version of it is is going to be the next stretch goal.

I know you've mentioned before, but I do expect them to add the physical Codex copy to the $150 collector's box, since every single stretch goal comes with "get for free with $150 tier or higher" disclaimer so far.

I know you've mentioned before, but I do expect them to add the physical Codex copy to the $150 collector's box, since every single stretch goal comes with "get for free with $150 tier or higher" disclaimer so far.

That disclaimer was before they added the physical codex stretch goal though. Giving away a 400-500 page book in addition to everything else (and a figma) seems like way too much.

Shizuka

That disclaimer was before they added the physical codex stretch goal though. Giving away a 400-500 page book in addition to everything else (and a figma) seems like way too much.

I agree, but they've added so much value to the $150 tier, I wouldn't be surprised if they did that.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

Well, when you throw in another $100,000 on top of the initial goals, it makes sense that the amount would work out, somehow.

Quixzlizx

Well, when you throw in another $100,000 on top of the initial goals, it makes sense that the amount would work out, somehow.

But they'll have to spend money to actually produce the item. It's not like it's free money.

\/\/\/
If new stretch goals keep getting hit, then I'm assuming that a large portion of that "section" of the funding needs to be used to fulfill that stretch goal. And it's more difficult with physical goods because the overall cost goes up with every copy they have to provide. It's not like digital merchandise, where only the actual development is a sunk cost and the cost of a Steam key or a pdf file is $0. So I don't think we can assume they'll be able to add a 400 page artbook to existing pledges.

Top Bottom