• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Degica's Muv-Luv Trilogy Kickstarter (Funded) - New Tiers for Physical Vita Reward

Cqef

Estimated delivery: Nov 1016

Is that accurate?

That's the real question I think. Even if they polish Ixrec's script, they still need to port the games on the Vita, include the localisation, translate and localise and insert any new content, QA them, and I don't think all this can stick in a single year's work.

That's the real question I think. Even if they polish Ixrec's script, they still need to port the games on the Vita, include the localisation, translate and localise and insert any new content, QA them, and I don't think all this can stick in a single year's work.

The porting shouldn't be a problem as they are releasing a Japanese Vita version next year and Japan is likely handling all the Vita programming.

A port was already announced for Japan to go along with the Kickstarter, and I don't think there's going to be any "new content" compared to the all-ages version they're already putting work into.

Sitrus

The Vita porting is not done by them but by the original creators and will be released in Japan earlier than the KS translation. They only need to insert text, QC etc since the porting is already done.

Ventara

So just to clarify, the $80 physical Vita copy comes with a digital copy for the PC OR the Vita, while the $150 physical Vita copy comes with BOTH the digital PC and Vita copies.

Did I understand that, right?

Shizuka

So just to clarify, the $80 physical Vita copy comes with a digital copy for the PC OR the Vita, while the $150 physical Vita copy comes with BOTH the digital PC and Vita copies.

Did I understand that, right?

No. $80 secures you a physical Vita copy of the games and that's it. $150 is the collector's box, where you can get physical Vita and digital PC in a single tier.

Ventara

No. $80 secures you a physical Vita copy of the games and that's it. $150 is the collector's box, where you can get physical Vita and digital PC in a single tier.

You sure? I was going off of the little picture in the kickstarter

14fca61e7ce3b2886489b3ec2e9af2b0_original.png

Also, didn't they say that any pledge of $150 or more will get digital copies of all the stretch goals? AKA a digital copy of the Vita game?

Edit: Can't seem to link the picture, but it's in the Kickstarter Campaign.

Shizuka

You sure? I was going off of the little picture in the kickstarter

Also, didn't they say that any pledge of $150 or more will get digital copies of all the stretch goals? AKA a digital copy of the Vita game?

$80: physical Vita or physical PC copies. Nothing else.

$150: physical Vita or physical PC copies in a collector's box that allows you to get all the stretch goals as well. With that, you can get a digital Vita copy or a digital PC copy.

Cqef

A port was already announced for Japan to go along with the Kickstarter, and I don't think there's going to be any "new content" compared to the all-ages version they're already putting work into.

Oh, by new content I mean the content that wasn't in the original PC releases which incidentally couldn't have been translated by Ixrec.

Ventara

$80: physical Vita or physical PC copies. Nothing else.

$150: physical Vita or physical PC copies in a collector's box that allows you to get all the stretch goals as well. With that, you can get a digital Vita copy or a digital PC copy.

I don't think that's the case.

Carlos Santacruz about 3 hours ago

Will the $80 physical vita tier include a digital version as well?
If yes, will it be a pc or vita digital ver?

I would love to get both phys versions, but exchange rates for me are absolute bulls**t atm.

The Muv-Luv Team about 3 hours ago

@Carlos you will get to choose between Vita or PC Digital Copy, but please read the FAQ about the things to keep in mind for Vita Digital Copy.
@YumeriaYumi - the jacket will keep you warm :)

Lukra about 3 hours ago

Uhh so if I order the vita physical CE It well also give the digital versions for both android and pc for free?am I getting this right?pls answer muvluv team

The Muv-Luv Team about 3 hours ago

@Lukra CE will just swap the physical copies, everything's just the same :)

Edit: Actually, it's in the Faq

Do we get Digital Vita codes for pledging for the $80 Physical Vita tier?

・We will provide you a choice between digital PC or Vita at the BackerKit survey after Kickstarter.

・When choosing Digital Vita, you have to keep two things in mind:
1. They may release a little late and around a month after Alternative(2nd game) PC's release date.
2. We can only provide the trilogy's code once to a region, so moving to another will prevent you from (re)downloading the game.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
There are now 2 different $150 tiers, one for each platform. Switch over to the one for the Vita if you want that. Or if you want both you will be able add a physical Vita copy as an add-on.

How much is the add on? Or in the reverse, if I get the CE that holds the Vita version, how much would the add on be for the PC copy?

How much is the add on? Or in the reverse, if I get the CE that holds the Vita version, how much would the add on be for the PC copy?

The CE for the Vita version already gives you a digital copy of the PC version. If you want a physical copy of the PC version too, I'm actually not sure how they're handling that.

Is the Codex going to be a website or an actual program? I wonder how much they are going to charge for access to it for those not paying $150 or more.

Yeah physical is what I meant.
I don't see anywhere where they give a price for the addons. Just this:
Can we have both physical Collector's Box of PS Vita and PC?
・BackerKit will allow you to add multiple collector's boxes or physical copies. :)

Shizuka

And it just hit the Muv-Luv Codex stretch goal. Congratulations to Age and Degica, this is the Kickstarter that just keeps on giving!

Shizuka

I wonder if they'll share a cover or a mockup of a box art for the Vita and PC physical copies. I'm a sucker at gawking at those.

Shizuka

How much of this game falls into the dating sim category?

I didn't answer your question at first because I haven't played these, but I'll answer from what I've read everywhere: the first game is basically a dating-sim game with your typical harem route. The second and third game change that vibe completely and take a much darker tone to the story.

joe2187

Banned
Well...

I dont know what Muv Luv is...and Im not a fan of the Art style really.

Physical Vita edition?

fine...take my damn money.

Kinda tempted to get this now that I don't need to put $150 down for the Vita version. The thing that bugs me, is that with these Kickstarters I never know if I'm paying extra now, only for the game to release a year later physically for everyone as well, and cheaper too.

Shizuka

I hope Physical Vita isnt kickstarter exclusive because I'm super broke right now.

Kinda tempted to get this now that I don't need to put $150 down for the Vita version. The thing that bugs me, is that with these Kickstarters I never know if I'm paying extra now, only for the game to release a year later physically for everyone as well, and cheaper too.

They mentioned they'll sell the game (physical Vita copies) afterwards, but for a higher price.

If you're looking at the physical editions, it's not likely to get much cheaper. They said MSRP won't be cheaper and something this niche probably won't have a ton of unsold stock that would make retailers cut prices.

They mentioned they'll sell the game (physical Vita copies) afterwards, but for a higher price.

If you're looking at the physical editions, it's not likely to get much cheaper. They said MSRP won't be cheaper and something this niche probably won't have a ton of unsold stock that would make retailers cut prices.

This is good info thanks guys. I'm gonna take note of when this thing ends, and check how my finances are doing closer to the last day.

Shizuka

This is good info thanks guys. I'm gonna take note of when this thing ends, and check how my finances are doing closer to the last day.

The most notable feature about this is that if you order the $80 physical Vita tier during the Kickstarter, you'll also get digital copies of the game, for PC or Vita.

The most notable feature about this is that if you order the $80 physical Vita tier during the Kickstarter, you'll also get digital copies of the game, for PC or Vita.

Now this is cool and sweetens the deal quite a bit. Is there any info on whether digital will be coming before physical (because of approvals and whatnot)? I mean I'd have no use to a physical + digital copies for the Vita normally, but if the physical were only to come a few weeks/months after, at least I'd be able to get things started on the digital copy, and upload the saves to cloud.

Shizuka

Now this is cool and sweetens the deal quite a bit. Is there any info on whether digital will be coming before physical (because of approvals and whatnot)? I mean I'd have no use to a physical + digital copies for the Vita normally, but if the physical were only to come a few weeks/months after, at least I'd be able to get things started on the digital copy, and upload the saves to cloud.

You can get physical Vita and digital PC, if you want. The digital Vita copy will likely be emailed to you (PSN codes) whenever the game hits the PSN and the physical copies will be mailed to you around that time, I'm guessing the physical copies would arrive a bit later, depending on the location the copies are being sent from.

The Vita version will be released a few months after the PC release, which means if you want the game ASAP, physical Vita + digital PC is the way to go.

You can get physical Vita and digital PC, if you want. The digital Vita copy will likely be emailed to you (PSN codes) whenever the game hits the PSN and the physical copies will be mailed to you around that time, I'm guessing the physical copies would arrive a bit later, depending on the location the copies are being sent from.

The Vita version will be released a few months after the PC release, which means if you want the game ASAP, physical Vita + digital PC is the way to go.

Great, thanks. I may end up doing this, and keeping the Vita version for collection. I'm really liking the whole concept of the stories, so worst comes to worst if I'm tied for money when I get the 48hr notification from kickstarter before it ends, I'll just snag a PC digital copy and buy the Vita cart once that drops.

It's already at 610k. That Vita physical bump is real.

Edit: In their latest update they say:
We’re also discussing adding an additional stretch goal. We’ll be announcing this tomorrow or the day after ;)
And they've added a new $1500 tier with Schwarzesmarken models in it.

fertygo

Oh shit I just realize what exactly the next stretch goal is, man are I can dream they can also bring The Day After localization?

Oh gawd...

Shenmue

Banned

Whatttt seriously? That changes everything. Would i be entitled to a digital pc version if i got the LE vita physical copy?

Oh shit I just realize what exactly the next stretch goal is, man are I can dream they can also bring The Day After localization?

Oh gawd...

That's already part of Photon Flowers/Melodies, so it'll happen once they reach 720k. Hopefully they have no intention of using those shitty machine translated fan translations for it.

Top Bottom