• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Degica's Muv-Luv Trilogy Kickstarter (Funded) - New Tiers for Physical Vita Reward

Shenmue

Banned
I hope they also add the Raptor model kit.

I'm going to be increasing my backing to get 2 model kits (if the raptor is announced) and that PC physical copy. 4 copies and two model kits for $360 AND a possible figma?!?!?! That's a ridiculously good price. Those model kits are rare as is and they are signed as well.

Shizuka

Just found this on r/visualnovels:

https://aaltomies.wordpress.com/2015/10/15/arg-podcast-1-muv-luv-kickstarter-interview-with-degica/
For those who don't want to sit 30mins.
Degica has a dedicated Muv-Luv Team handling most of the communication with fans and the developers.
05:00 Translations: They talked with Amaterasu Translations and Alternative Projects, both groups are completely on board the project. There's a huge amount of work already done and there's no reason to ignore it and start from 0. They'll be working along Degica staff and ixtl with the polishing of the script, upgrading the overall quality of the translation as much as possible.
06:40. Wow, many Japanese fans are interested in learning English by playing the western release of MuvLuv. They are looking into implementing dual language option, but there's some licencing issues they must resolve first.
08:00 About Photonmelodies/flowers distribution: Physical release? Still in discussion. They want to fulfill all fan requests, but they don't want to run themselves thin with what's the core focus of the KS: ML and MLA.
10:25 on Daki's designs and how the swag will look like: Currently working on them. They'll show rough sketches soon.
12:30 Localization costs breakdown. They gave a more detailed explanation on where the money goes.
14:30 Funds beyond the final stretch goal would be aimed at upgrading the backer tiers and rewards. And something about the translations that I didn't hear properly (maybe paying them more?). Next question about hidden stretch goal gets a similar answer, but they add possible localization of smaller scale VNs (5-10hrs long), and possible physical CODEX.
16:40 About ML and MLA upgrades: Still in planning. Definitely updated and new CG. Says Yoshimune has a lot of ideas.
19:00 Project management after the KS ends: They are planning to do weekly/biweekly updates on development, translation, KS goods, more backer exclusive updates (behind the scenes videos). They don't think they'll be able to "keep the gates open" after the KS ends, for planning reasons.

https://www.reddit.com/r/visualnove...luv_kickstarter_update_11_ps_vita_release_in/

Bowl0l

@gaf, i will need some input.
Should I add-on $80 to get both PC and Vita physical copy or use another KS account to pledge?

Shizuka

@gaf, i will need some input.
Should I add-on $80 to get both PC and Vita physical copy or use another KS account to pledge?

I'd just add-on the opposite tier. If the one you have now is the physical PC, add-on the Vita tier, and vice-versa.

Vanethyr

Have they gone into much detail about the physical PC version yet? Curious which route they're going to go down, like how Sekai Project was originally going to slap DRM on Clannad's physical release.

Minor Announcement: Physical Vita(EN) cartridges are _almost_ limited to the KS. It may take time before we _look into_ regular EN release.
Link

So that's pretty vague. So physical Vita might happen after the Kickstarter, but they'll only "look into it?"

Cqef

I'm still to be convinced, personally. I'm more and more considering to back it, but I wish we could get clearer statements about de 18+ versions/patches (which we won't get because ""Kickstarter"").

Shizuka

I'm still to be convinced, personally. I'm more and more considering to back it, but I wish we could get clearer statements about de 18+ versions/patches (which we won't get because ""Kickstarter"").

There isn't much to say, they said they'll offer a patch for the PC version after launch that will uncensor your copy.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't add-on before. Is my info correct?
- Increase the pledge without changing
the reward.

Yeah keep your reward and everything and add $80 to the amount. When Backerkit pops up in your email, you click on the item you want and it will be deducted from your total until you hit $0.

Shizuka

Yeah keep your reward and everything and add $80 to the amount. When Backerkit pops up in your email, you click on the item you want and it will be deducted from your total until you hit $0.

I think Backer Kit even allows you to do the opposite: add the $80 after the campaign is over and grab the add-on, right?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I think Backer Kit even allows you to do the opposite: add the $80 after the campaign is over and grab the add-on, right?

Well you can, but doing it this way now can help get closer to more stretch goals. Getting close to the Photon stories...

Shizuka

Well you can, but doing it this way now can help get closer to more stretch goals. Getting close to the Photon stories...

When I asked for Photon on Vita weeks ago, they said they'd wait until they hit the goal to talk about that, but they just mentioned on Twitter that they'll ask Age about it next week. Definitely interested in hitting that stretch goal.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
When I asked for Photon on Vita weeks ago, they said they'd wait until they hit the goal to talk about that, but they just mentioned on Twitter that they'll ask Age about it next week. Definitely interested in hitting that stretch goal.

Oh yeah that would be nice! Even better if physical, but we shall see...

Shizuka

Oh yeah that would be nice! Even better if physical, but we shall see...

I wouldn't mind getting that one digital, as long as we do get it on the Vita. It's a shame though, I'll probably have to fork more than I was willing to if that happens.

chrono01

It was just revealed today that, while people who pledge just $1 will have access to BackerKit after the Kickstarter ends, the exclusive content [such as the Collector's Box] won't be hand-signed if you upgrade later and some of the add-on's could be more expensive.

Well, I guess I'll pledge right away for that $150 tier. I need those signatures.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
It was just revealed today that, while people who pledge just $1 will have access to BackerKit after the Kickstarter ends, the exclusive content [such as the Collector's Box] won't be hand-signed if you upgrade later and some of the add-on's could be more expensive.

Well, I guess I'll pledge right away for that $150 tier. I need those signatures.

Hopefully this will help it bump up more. 14 days left, and I feel like we are almost inching now towards to the Photon stories.

chrono01

Hopefully this will help it bump up more. 14 days left, and I feel like we are almost inching now towards to the Photon stories.
Hopefully.

I broke down everything you get for $150, and it's pretty insane.

- Physical copy of Muv-Luv and Muv-Luv Alternative [PC/Vita] [Hand-Signed]
- Physical Muv-Luv Master Collection OST
- Physical Kickstarter Special Artbook
- Digital copies of Muv-Luv/Muv-Luv Alternative [PC/Vita]
- Digital Muv-Luv Master Collection OST
- Digital Kickstarter Special Artbook
- Access to Backer Kit

Stretch Goals Achieved:

- Additional OST/BGM's
- Minor voice improvements, some with English VO
- Special unlockable content
- Official Muv-Luv Codex [$150 tier and above]

We've almost unlocked the next stretch goal too, as you mentioned. That's a pretty incredible value for $150.

Anyway, I officially backed at the $150 tier, so I did my part. d(^_^)v

blacksark

From official twitter:

Soon:
1.Next Stretch Goal
2.Destroyer Plushie Design
3.@Bou_wired's sketches for pillowcases

$45k left until Photons goal, thanks everyone!

Shizuka

If they want to squeeze the most money from the Kickstarter, they'll have to make things exclusive to the Kickstarter and not offer them afterwards.

StereoVsn

Hopefully.

I broke down everything you get for $150, and it's pretty insane.

- Physical copy of Muv-Luv and Muv-Luv Alternative [PC/Vita] [Hand-Signed]
- Physical Muv-Luv Master Collection OST
- Physical Kickstarter Special Artbook
- Digital copies of Muv-Luv/Muv-Luv Alternative [PC/Vita]
- Digital Muv-Luv Master Collection OST
- Digital Kickstarter Special Artbook
- Access to Backer Kit

Stretch Goals Achieved:

- Additional OST/BGM's
- Minor voice improvements, some with English VO
- Special unlockable content
- Official Muv-Luv Codex [$150 tier and above]

We've almost unlocked the next stretch goal too, as you mentioned. That's a pretty incredible value for $150.

Anyway, I officially backed at the $150 tier, so I did my part. d(^_^)v

Man, I am really tempted to up my pledge from $80 considering all the shit you get at the $150 level. Must resist (haven't even heard of muv-luv before ks).

Shizuka

I wish they'd announce the last stretch goal already, I wonder if they're saving it for the "last 10 days" landmark or something like that.

Shizuka

They're most likely waiting for the current last stretch goal to be met first.

I know, it's just that they've lost momentum and it's only doing 4k/day now. At this pace, they'll reach Photon during the last stretch before the campaign is over and that's it.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I know, it's just that they've lost momentum and it's only doing 4k/day now. At this pace, they'll reach Photon during the last stretch before the campaign is over and that's it.

There's always that tail end push, but when?

I wonder how much of a late surge this one will get. They're already benefiting from a sky high average pledge so I'm not sure how much more they can monetize the existing pledgers and I'm not sure there's really that much left in terms of volume of uncommitted people.

Shizuka

Well I backed this for the Vita physical edition...because...I ...cant help myself.

You did good, you did good.

There's always that tail end push, but when?

Last 72 hours (three days), from what I gathered.

I wonder how much of a late surge this one will get. They're already benefiting from a sky high average pledge so I'm not sure how much more they can monetize the existing pledgers and I'm not sure there's really that much left in terms of volume of uncommitted people.

I know lots of folk that are waiting to know more about the Vita version (confirmation if it'll be KS-exclusive and such), myself included. I know I'll be pledging the $80 tier, but I can't do it until November. That said, they can either do that (force Vita owners to pledge to the campaign in order to get physical copies) or make the collector's box even more irresistible (enticing backers at lower tiers to increase their pledge).

Olengie

I'm staying at the $80. I figured I can sell the Digital versions to recoup half the cost.

But I would love for them to talk more about the Vita version.

There's a new update up. More tiers and:
dn9aYAT.png
The $900,000 final stretch goal is the「Operation Cherry Blossom」!

The objective of this mission is to eliminate the enemy BETA hive and all obstacles which has been preventing us from making the physical Muv-Luv Alternative CODEX a reality!

Here are the physical Muv-Luv Alternative CODEX features:

Width: 21 cm
Height: 29.7 cm
Hard cover artbook with 400-500 glossy full color pages!
Contains contents from Integral Works and Lunatic Dawn Anthology 1-3.

What will happen when we do achieve victory?

All $300 tiers and above will now have a physical CODEX for free!
There will be a new $220 tier - a physical box of your choice plus the CODEX.
There will be a new $80 tier for the physical CODEX alone.
And last but not least, as a reward for everyone's efforts, we will be adding a bonus, limited edition Sumika Figma to every Collector's Box!

Top Bottom