• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Degica's Muv-Luv Trilogy Kickstarter (Funded) - New Tiers for Physical Vita Reward

Shenmue

Banned
Oh my god. They are adding way too much value. How the heck are they going to make any money after fulfilling all these physical goods?!?!? I'll definitely be boosting my backing to the $300 tier at least.

An all-digital $125 reward tier will be added when we reach the Photons stretch goal! Backers can get all $150 bonus digital goods including the digital artbook! You will still need to choose between digital Android or Vita.
That seems like really poor value when for $25 more you can get all the physical goods and even a figma.

Hastati

This KS has pretty awesome rewards for the price in my opinion. The 150 dollar tier is awesome compared to a lot of retail releases, especially since they keep adding stuff to it.the figma inclusion makes me really happy.

I'm in for like 380 for the signed box and a vita copy. No interest in pillow covers so I didn't go higher, but I've been very happy with their campaign so far.

Shizuka

They still have one ace up their sleeves: Photon Melodies & Flowers. If they offer it for a price below the $150 tier, that's more money. If they offer a physical release for it, even more money. If they offer a physical Vita release for it, all my money.

Olengie

They still have one ace up their sleeves: Photon Melodies & Flowers. If they offer it for a price below the $150 tier, that's more money. If they offer a physical release for it, even more money. If they offer a physival Vita release for it, all my money.

same. LOL

The physical codex is awesome and I'm glad it's available for those who want it/can afford it. A touch rich for my blood when it comes to a series I have yet to play and I'm perfectly content with the horde of stuff coming in the $150 tier. That figma. <3

The physical codex is awesome and I'm glad it's available for those who want it/can afford it. A touch rich for my blood when it comes to a series I have yet to play and I'm perfectly content with the horde of stuff coming in the $150 tier. That figma. <3

They did say earlier that if they ended up doing a physical codex that they would sell it separately from the Kickstarter, so there will be future opportunities to purchase it too.

Wait a minute, I'm just going over this again after pledging $35 a while back. Is this not like every other Kickstarter where you get the stuff from previous tiers? I need to pledge $60 to get all the games?

Wait a minute, I'm just going over this again after pledging $35 a while back. Is this not like every other Kickstarter where you get the stuff from previous tiers? I need to pledge $60 to get all the games?

$35 never gave you all the games, $60 was always the starting point for that.

They did say earlier that if they ended up doing a physical codex that they would sell it separately from the Kickstarter, so there will be future opportunities to purchase it too.

That'd be great! The perfect compromise. I can decide if I wanna dump the coins on it after I've become engrossed in the world, haha.

Bowl0l

I'd just add-on the opposite tier. If the one you have now is the physical PC, add-on the Vita tier, and vice-versa.

Yup that's what I'm planning on doing.

Yeah, I'm not sure why you'd need to use another account. The add-on should give you what you want.

Still, between $160 physical PC + physical Vita and $150 collector's box with either physical PC or Vita, I'd take the latter, if I had the money (physical Vita).
I just think it through again and notice that:

Option A:
2 account (Two copies of Vita Download).
$220 + $10 Shipping
Non-existing yet Physical bundle PC and Codex
and all digital copies

$80 Vita + $10 Shipping
Vita Physical + Vita Download

Compared to

Option B:
1 account (One copy of Vita Download).
$220 + $10 Shipping + $80 Vita add-on
and all digital copies

I can sell the Vita download codes after all this is over if i choose Option A.

That's good to know! I was just about to lament how broke I'm going to be if that 900k goal is reached.

Ventara

Can't decide between the $80 and $150 Vita tiers. If the last stretch goal is met and every $150 CE gets the figure, I'll go with that, but otherwise, I'm not sure.

chrono01

This update is amazing and adds even more value to the $150 tier. It really is something else.

BTW, has anyone said whether the digital copies for the $150 tier could be Vita? I'm thinking of grabbing the physical PC copies, but I'd love to grab the digital versions for the Vita so I can enjoy both sides of things. I noticed the icon only shows the Steam icon, so I'm not sure.

Here's hoping they reach that 900,000 tier, I need that figma. I'd love the Codex too, but $250 is way too expensive for me right now. Maybe if they make it available later on I'll add-on the purchase.

That update is insane. I'm in for the Daki at some point this week but now I'm hoping for codex stretch goal ;-; I want a 400-500 page physical book of MUV LUV

Ventara

This update is amazing and adds even more value to the $150 tier. It really is something else.

BTW, has anyone said whether the digital copies for the $150 tier could be Vita? I'm thinking of grabbing the physical PC copies, but I'd love to grab the digital versions for the Vita so I can enjoy both sides of things. I noticed the icon only shows the Steam icon, so I'm not sure.

$150 tier gets you BOTH the digital PC and Vita copies.

chrono01

$150 tier gets you BOTH the digital PC and Vita copies.
Wait, you get digital copies for both? I thought it was either one or the other, along with your physical copy [for PC or Vita, whichever one you pledged for]. That's...extremely generous!

Thanks, good to know!

Bowl0l

I just think it through again and notice that:

Option A:
2 account (Two copies of Vita Download).
$220 + $10 Shipping
and all digital copies

$80 + $10 Shipping
Vita Physical + Vita Download

Compared to

Option B:
1 account (One copy of Vita Download).
$220 + $10 Shipping + $80
and all digital copies

I can sell the Vita download codes after all this is over.
Is my understanding correct?

chrono01

So to summarize for $150 we get...

- Physical copy of Muv-Luv and Muv-Luv Alternative [PC or Vita] [Hand-Signed]
- Physical Muv-Luv Master Collection OST
- Physical Kickstarter Special Artbook [now upgraded to 80-page hardcover]
- Digital copies of Muv-Luv/Muv-Luv Alternative [PC]
- Digital copies of Muv-Luv/Muv-Luv Alternative [Vita]
- Digital Muv-Luv Master Collection OST
- Digital Kickstarter Special Artbook
- Access to Backer Kit
- Digital Official Muv-Luv Codex
- PC copy of Photon Melodies + Photon Flowers [if $720,000 stretch goal is met]
- Sumika Figma [if $900,000 stretch goal is met]

That's a lot of value for $150, especially considering figma on their own usually go for around $40. That's assuming we meet the $900,000 stretch goal, although with today's update, it wouldn't surprise me if we did.

blacksark

- Access to Backer Kit

That's a lot of value for $150, especially considering figma on their own usually go for around $40. That's assuming we meet the $900,000 stretch goal, although with today's update, it wouldn't surprise me if we did.

And the collector's box,I hope that in the final days they raise a lot of money as always

Shizuka

You gotta hand it to Degica, they knew how to handle every single aspect of this Kickstarter in order to get the most out of it.

Lain

Indeed, they handled this pretty well, all that time they took to prepare was well spent on their part.

I don't think they'll have a problem reaching the 900k goal personally so I look forward to that Sumika figma.

jonjonaug

- Access to Backer Kit

Sounds about right to me. A previous twinpack console release of Muv Luv and Alt with a figma cost about 15000 yen when discounted at good retail outlets (about 123 USD today). The digital copies cost nothing to produce, so the real added value here is the OST and not having to pay extra for the fandisks. The rest is just expected bonuses typical to Kickstarter stuff (artbooks and such).

Shizuka

Degica removed the question about physical Photon on KS. It said that it wasn't planned, but they would look into. I think that at this point, it's quite likely that they'll offer a physical copy of that, we'll just have to wait and see if they'll port it to the Vita and Android as well.

Olengie

For the $150 Vita tier, it says "pledging 150$ or above gets you ALL of the digital stretch goal items for free when they&#8217;re unlocked. Since this is the physical collector's box for PS Vita, the PC version will be provided only as digital."

I thought we get both the PC and Vita version? Or did I just forget.

Shizuka

For the $150 Vita tier, it says "pledging 150$ or above gets you ALL of the digital stretch goal items for free when they’re unlocked. Since this is the physical collector's box for PS Vita, the PC version will be provided only as digital."

The wording was that you'd get digital PC and Vita with the $150 tier, at least that's how it was before.

For the $150 Vita tier, it says "pledging 150$ or above gets you ALL of the digital stretch goal items for free when they’re unlocked. Since this is the physical collector's box for PS Vita, the PC version will be provided only as digital."

You do. They're just clarifying that that specific tier doesn't also come with a physical PC copy.

Top Bottom