• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Degica's Muv-Luv Trilogy Kickstarter (Funded) - New Tiers for Physical Vita Reward

Jazz573

Saw this on reddit:

bbrEunf.png

I wonder what it is?

Shizuka

Will it be physical in Japan? What about here? Did they mention it?

From the Kickstarter:

Will there be a physical release of the PS VITA port?
・A physical release of the VITA port isn't planned as of yet, but expressing interest in one is a huge support. Before promising anything, we should be realistic and see how the VITA game will do in the west first, as mass production of the chips may be costly. Above all, we don’t want to overcommit and jeopardize our ability to successfully bring Muv-Luv to western audiences.

Well 1-2 new sakuga cut by Kou Yoshinari isn't really out of question or unthinkable I guess, for the enhancement stuff.

They talked about funding movies and a TV series, not just a few cuts. They narrowed it down to more realistic goals by the time they launched the Kickstarter, but those surveys and some of their early comments were full of pie in the sky dreams.

And weren't those Kou Yoshinari sequences one of the main reasons MLA was delayed back in the day?

fertygo

They talked about funding movies and a TV series, not just a few cuts. They narrowed it down to more realistic goals by the time they launched the Kickstarter, but those surveys and some of their early comments were full of pie in the sky dreams.

Oh.. that's reaching then, but seriously someone that have access to KS page should give them idea for adding 1-2 cut by Yoshinari ;_;

probably not gonna cost more than 10k at most.

And weren't those Kou Yoshinari sequences one of the main reasons MLA was delayed back in the day?
worth it!

Shizuka

This is set to surpass Clannad's Kickstarter in a day or two and there's still 31 days to go. Insane, they'll definitely reach the Photon Melodies + Photon Flowers stretch goal at this pace.

chiimisu

Sorry for the dumb question, I've never backed anything before. But if I'll pledge some money now
1-5$, my wallet is getting thin now orz
can I gradually raise my pledge later, even after the main 30 days are up?

VRMN

Sorry for the dumb question, I've never backed anything before. But if I'll pledge some money now
Not always, but they are letting you add on after the Kickstarter is over via BackerKit. So you can fund at $1 and go up to $40 for the Vita version afterwards if you can't afford it this month.

zeopower6

I just came here to post that. Now we know it won't be like Sekai Project's vaporware. Here is the Famitsu link:

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201510/02090045.html

Uhh Sekai Project's versions were going to be based on PlayStation Mobile iirc, so I don't think its their fault necessarily. Who knows what they're gonna end up doing for that since PSM is dead now. Plus they won't start work on it until they finish translating all parts for WEE (one more to go) and fault. Last word seems like it was this:

We're looking at porting the engine to Vita so it can be reused for all Ren'Py games.

So they ditched those PSM plans some time ago... but they also had to reapply to be PS devs and were reaccepted in February. Wonder just how long the engine port will take.

And of course MuvLuv gets the $$$$$$$. No.1 VNdb title for a reason! O_O

Yes, you can. Contribute one dollar and then after the Kickstarter ends they'll send you an email with a link to backerkit, a site that lets you manage your pledge.

chiimisu

Yes, you can. Contribute one dollar and then after the Kickstarter ends they'll send you an email with a link to backerkit, a site that let's you manage your pledge.

Not always, but they are letting you add on after the Kickstarter is over via BackerKit. So you can fund at $1 and go up to $40 for the Vita version afterwards if you can't afford it this month.

Great news, thank you guys! I'll just do that then :)

Shizuka

Vita version will be $60, actually.

VRMN

Vita version will be $60, actually.

My bad; I didn't check the pricing. I even thought I would do a "or whatever it costs" cover my ass and decided against it for whatever reason.

I funded at $150 to get all the bonus stuff, personally.

Muv-Luv Trilogy PS Vita Digital Bundle pledge is now available for $60. I guess they're not doing them individually, though I'm getting both anyway so it doesn't matter to me.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Muv-Luv Trilogy PS Vita Digital Bundle pledge is now available for $60. I guess they're not doing them individually, though I'm getting both anyway so it doesn't matter to me.

Aaaaand pledged. I hope the campaign does well enough to get a Vita physical CE similar to the one at the $100 tier for PC. I wouldn't mind in the slightest to upgrade for something like that. :D

Even if the physical edition doesn't happen at least we know they are already talking to Sony, which gives more confidence for the digital version releasing smoothly.

One easy way (for them) would be to include english subtitles with the japanese retail release.

That's something I thought of as well. If there's no DLC I don't think there would really be an issue with them giving Japanese retail copies with one of the pledges, but if they can print copies for NA/EU regions then that's even better. Good to know they're sounding positive about the possibility.

Shizuka

I wonder if they'd add just a standard Vita copy to the Kickstarter, if it'd be exclusive to the Kickstarter or if they'd make a limited edition for it. So many options. I'm still waiting for them to answer my question regarding Photon Flowers + Melodies coming to the Vita as well.

Shizuka

This just surpassed Clannad's Kickstarter, it's now the most funded Kickstarter for a japanese visual novel in Kickstarter history (and it still has 30 days to go).

Dio

Banned
This just surpassed Clannad's Kickstarter, it's now the most funded Kickstarter for a japanese visual novel in Kickstarter history (and it still has 30 days to go).
Crazy stuff. I thought Key had a larger fanbase in the west, but to be fair, the Japanese are backing this for the Vita version.

Shizuka

Crazy stuff. I thought Key had a larger fanbase in the west, but to be fair, the Japanese are backing this for the Vita version.

I asked on Facebook about Photon Melodies and Photon Flowers being ported to the Vita as well whenever they reach the last stretch goal and they said they'll talk about it if/when they reach the stretch goal.

I'm hopeful that the Vita will get everything Muv-Luv related thanks to the Kickstarter and the developer in Japan, becoming the best platform to experience the visual novel along with PC.

Christian

If they confirm a physical Vita version, I'm in immediately. There's still a month left, so I'll pledge for the digital sometime before it ends, at least.

They've added some new stuff in their Q&A section.
Will there be Japanese-English text switching?

・Before anything else, everyone needs to know there's an exclusivity license for the trilogy's Japanese scripts. ixtl is doing their best to hasten the proceedings with the 3rd party company holding the exclusivity, but we can't promise the multi-language feature yet. Current status is unknown.

・There is a separate release for PS VITA confirmed by the creators last October 2 live stream but only for Japan, and may possibly release sooner than the PC version. This also means the English release for VITA may be done in only a few months after we've finished the trilogy's PC version since the VITA engine is ready. We'll only have to do Debugging and QA for the most parts when the time comes. :)
Will there be a physical version of the CODEX or Integral Works?

・The Codex stretch goal exists due to the Integral Works demand. It was one of the top fan requests we've been receiving since months ago. We tried looking into releasing a physical English translated book but simply put, it's not that simple and may take more work than translating more of our games from scratch.

・First issue - Integral Works has a license that's very, very expensive as it's selling well until now. Degica is not a book publisher, and it's impractical to have it exclusively only to KS. We have to sell the book after the Kickstarter and that will require us to pay another license. We have to make another set of agreements with a couple 3rd party companies, and as the Kickstarter project stands, we are already working with many companies.

・This is also beyond our plans for the Kickstarter. It is better off as a separate project or something to consider in the future when Muv-Luv does well in the west.

・The amount of work needed to keep the book 1:1 faithful to the original will cost a lot. The text can't be highlighted digitally and are bound to the images which are copyrighted. So aside from translation work, image editing is involved.

Shizuka

I knew Age was already developing that Vita port, they were just waiting for the Kickstarter to get launched and for it to hit the stretch goal in order to announce it.

Shizuka

Things have slowed down considerably, but I still believe they'll reach the Photon Melodies + Flowers stretch goal. I'll back if they confirm a limited physical print for the Vita version, that should boost things if they manage to get it sorted out before the Kickstarter is over.

Top Bottom