• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon Gaze |OT| Even heroes have to pay rent

Neptune
is destroyed.
For all the talk I heard about how hard the battle was I barely got hurt at all. I guess I have been doing a lot of leveling and ether strengthening.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Neptune
is destroyed.
For all the talk I heard about how hard the battle was I barely got hurt at all. I guess I have been doing a lot of leveling and ether strengthening.

So enjoyed
not being able to use magic? hahaha i actually was expecting to see more folks freak out about that in the thread overall lol

So enjoyed
not being able to use magic? hahaha i actually was expecting to see more folks freak out about that in the thread overall lol

Didn't really have much a problem with that though since I was mostly slashing everything to death.

I did come across a random encounter that basically decimated my team though. wtf, monsters doing 200 damage and there wre like 12 of them

So enjoyed

I built my magic users to be strong without depending on magic and had other backup plans, thanks to your advice. The layout of the dungeon took me awhile to figure out though

Shengar

So enjoyed

Fuck underwater
Fuck Neptune
Fuck her confusion gas and concetrated attack
Fuck my reliance on my Healer's Multi-Avoid spell
Fuck my Gazer being constantly one-shotted
Fuck my Paladin built being a bulk-cannon
Just fuck everything

Now I'm grinding my way through by raising Hermes level to Rank 7. Holy Shield skill couldn't hold shit against Neptune's attack and most of the time will one shot my Ney Samurai.

Razma1

FInished collecting skulls and mushrooms. Time for the last of the post game. Gotta hope for some gem luck to get some S level stuff.

Good luck am sure you will be amused with that dungeon lol

Btw indeed would like to add great write up and will be watching your guys site. Since it seems like you folks have the right mindset when it comes to gaming.

That means a lot to us :) We're just a site of gamers who love stuff like this, instead of getting all caught up in the politics or social justice side of gaming lately. We just love games lol

.....sorry for my rambling, now that I started thinking about Demon Gaze again I really wish I had more time to play it more x_x

Parakeetman

That means a lot to us :) We're just a site of gamers who love stuff like this, instead of getting all caught up in the politics or social justice side of gaming lately. We just love games lol

.....sorry for my rambling, now that I started thinking about Demon Gaze again I really wish I had more time to play it more x_x

Exactly, thats how it should be, thats how gaming was. These days yeah not as much... Good to see a site like the one you folks run and keep up the good work! Btw if you guys do a write up on Natural Doctrine Ill most def want to see that haha. In case you are not familiar with the game heres the OT. Will be hitting the West eventually published by NISA.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=795635

Fuck underwater
Fuck Neptune
Fuck her confusion gas and concetrated attack
Fuck my reliance on my Healer's Multi-Avoid spell
Fuck my Gazer being constantly one-shotted
Fuck my Paladin built being a bulk-cannon
Just fuck everything

Now I'm grinding my way through by raising Hermes level to Rank 7. Holy Shield skill couldn't hold shit against Neptune's attack and most of the time will one shot my Ney Samurai.

9Q1NP8Q.png

I got a dumb question, how do you add stats properly in the game?

Do you max out one stat for one class or do you add one to each useful stat to each class?

Like for example Ranger needs luck and STR. Do you max out luck first them go STR or add them one at a time?

Parakeetman

I got a dumb question, how do you add stats properly in the game?

Do you max out one stat for one class or do you add one to each useful stat to each class?

Like for example Ranger needs luck and STR. Do you max out luck first them go STR or add them one at a time?

Its really all up to you, but by far its better to try and balance it out in a sensible manner.

Volcynika

Hm. Curse the normal reaction of "Feathers? FIND THE BIRDS!"

Since my healer needs some levels still, I'll grind a bit and find those guys so I can turn in that quest when I go back to the inn.

EDIT: Is there any kind of monster guide in the game to read stats/drops/etc.? Didn't see one.

Parakeetman

Hm. Curse the normal reaction of "Feathers? FIND THE BIRDS!"

Since my healer needs some levels still, I'll grind a bit and find those guys so I can turn in that quest when I go back to the inn.

EDIT: Is there any kind of monster guide in the game to read stats/drops/etc.? Didn't see one.

I think there were folks at GameFAQs making something was a few pages back. Not sure if it contains that sort of info yet though. As have not looked at it in detail myself.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...4pKPGioPhPvQFyoxEJ78o/htmlview?usp=drive_web#

There it is. Doesnt seem to contain monster info tho?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
It's funny how the reviews for this game are all over the place.

From http://nichegamer.net/reviews/demon-gaze-review/

I’ve played nearly every game of this type that has existed since 1986, and I can honestly say that this is the absolute best dungeon crawler I’ve played since 2001’s Wizardy: Tales of the Forsaken Land – and that’s some very high praise, considering that Forsaken Land is one of my all-time favorite games of this type.
That's really encouraging. I really need to wrap up Toukiden so I can finally unwrap this one.

Shengar

Now I'm hitting wall against Astarte. She constantly one shotted my Healer and range, or using concentrated attack on my Paladin Gazer. I want to grind until I receive Demon Slot 3 but the rent steadingly increased into an alarming amount D:

What to do against her? Which demon you guys use?

I think I need to get through this door, but I can't figure out how. D:
cnz893k7u9j7xrq4s.jpg

/edit/ Found it. I missed a hidden door. Playing this game offline can be pretty unpleasant.

Exactly, thats how it should be, thats how gaming was. These days yeah not as much... Good to see a site like the one you folks run and keep up the good work! Btw if you guys do a write up on Natural Doctrine Ill most def want to see that haha. In case you are not familiar with the game heres the OT. Will be hitting the West eventually published by NISA.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=795635

Oh we are ALL over Natural Doctrine, so we'll be reviewing that too. NISA is awesome too, they've been so good to us from the very beginning, we usually love their games and just approach them fairly. Still, they've been taking some risks like other pubs with the kinds of games like Demon Gaze, another reason why we're big fans of what they do.

Oh we are ALL over Natural Doctrine, so we'll be reviewing that too. NISA is awesome too, they've been so good to us from the very beginning, we usually love their games and just approach them fairly. Still, they've been taking some risks like other pubs the kinds of games like Demon Gaze, another reason why we're big fans of what they do.

Great review! I agree, it's a great game.
Also now after taking a look around, I've bookmarked your site

I can't for the life of me defeat the first boss after getting all 10 demons. He isn't very strong at all, but he pretty much fully heals himself after every two turns. There's no way I could ever do enough damage to outpace his healing. what do

Volcynika

I can't for the life of me defeat the first boss after getting all 10 demons. He isn't very strong at all, but he pretty much fully heals himself after every two turns. There's no way I could ever do enough damage to outpace his healing. what do

Stop being turrible at the game, obviously!

I will probably get stuck there myself

Ironjam

You should summon Mars for damage, you can bind her if you have an assassin, increase your HIT with your healer so you dont miss. Boss also buffs her def so debuff her from time to time with force break if you have it (Wizard skill, artifact drops in that dungeon, name is Force set W). Its a long fight and you should just buff yourself and debuff the boss until you can do enough damage to kill it slowly.

Lucentto

Banned

This boss is so damn annoying, I beat it after some preparation.

1. Farm the True Snipe artifact for the Gazer
2. Farm the bane artifacts (Mars and Terra) for your other attackers
3. Use Mars, she's great
4. Make sure to use a demon vase when she buffs herself, she halves the damage she takes if you dont

Good luck, you'll need it.

Parakeetman

Oh we are ALL over Natural Doctrine, so we'll be reviewing that too. NISA is awesome too, they've been so good to us from the very beginning, we usually love their games and just approach them fairly. Still, they've been taking some risks like other pubs with the kinds of games like Demon Gaze, another reason why we're big fans of what they do.

Very good to hear, will be looking forward to it when the game comes out in the US and you guys do a write up then. :)

NISA is indeed very cool. Excellent customer support and the work they do with their games is pretty top notch. Glad to hear that they have been good to you guys also.

Thanks for the replies, guys.

You should summon Mars for damage, you can bind her if you have an assassin, increase your HIT with your healer so you dont miss. Boss also buffs her def so debuff her from time to time with force break if you have it (Wizard skill, artifact drops in that dungeon, name is Force set W). Its a long fight and you should just buff yourself and debuff the boss until you can do enough damage to kill it slowly.
I'm already doing all that. I don't have an assassin, so binding is not an option. :/

This boss is so damn annoying, I beat it after some preparation.

1. Farm the True Snipe artifact for the Gazer
2. Farm the bane artifacts (Mars and Terra) for your other attackers
3. Use Mars, she's great
4. Make sure to use a demon vase when she buffs herself, she halves the damage she takes if you dont

Good luck, you'll need it.
I've got 2,3 and 4 covered. I suppose I could try getting the True Snipe artifact and hope it makes a significant difference, but farming is not necessarily one of my favorite things.

This is a bit maddening tbh. The boss isn't even putting up much of a fight. He's just a world class healer.

How exactly do the Bronze, Silver, Gold gems work? I've been afraid to use them since it seems like they are limited, but it sounds like they increase the rarity of the item for that demon circle battle.

Parakeetman

How exactly do the Bronze, Silver, Gold gems work? I've been afraid to use them since it seems like they are limited, but it sounds like they increase the rarity of the item for that demon circle battle.

They also can make whatever comes out stronger too so beware lol.

Took a bit of time off so am only just now exploring Grimodar. Those wolves are sons of bitches and I'm saving pretty frequently because of them, but otherwise things are going well. All melee besides paladin are getting their shit pushed in, so I'm trying to figure out a solution there. Feel like my assassin is wasted with a crossbow, but I have her on the back line for now, and I know for sure my Gazer is wasted defending but he would be just as useless on the back line.

Do force spells stack?

I think I need to get through this door, but I can't figure out how. D:

/edit/ Found it. I missed a hidden door. Playing this game offline can be pretty unpleasant.

I just have it hardwired into my brain to check all walls, to the point I still kick every wall even though I play online.

Jindrael

Banned
Defeated
Neptune, the no-spells stuff really was a non-issue for me.
Took me three tries because I got really unlucky with the confuse, the first 2 times she confused 3 party members in the first turn =/

Third try that didn't happen and after the adds were dead she just died in two rounds.

Here is my Team after
Neptune
(playing on "warm")

They also can make whatever comes out stronger too so beware lol.
Ok good to know. Are they limited in quantity? Is there anything in particular that I should save them for, like the harder dungeons?

Ironjam

Is there a way to get back my party members that were "stolen"? Not having my assassin on the final boss is really hurting me to say the least.

Edit: Nvm, bought some fake dolls after checking the Tiger scroll.

Ok so this game is so good that if we don't get Tokyo New World Record:Operation Abyss and Stranger in Sword City I don't know how I can continue playing games.

Seriously, having a blast here. I really love the 'Experience' DRPG style and I want more.

Just got to
grimodar
and I'm just blown away by this game. Awesome.
This is my favorite game on the Vita by far.
(Before this it was P4G).

If I could change one thing and this is such a minor nitpick, it would be to have more foreboding music in dungeons and battles. I love the music that is there but I think it could have been used to push the oppressive mood a bit more.

Does anyone have insider info on these other titles coming? Please give a veiled confirmation so I know this won't be the only 'Experience' DRPG I ever get to play.

vocab

Does anyone have insider info on these other titles coming? Please give a veiled confirmation so I know this won't be the only 'Experience' DRPG I ever get to play.

The problem is Meikyuu Cross Blood: Infinity Ultimate, Tokyo New World Record:Operation Abyss, and Stranger in Sword City have yet to be released in Japan. Maybe once one of them comes out we will hear something.

The problem is Meikyuu Cross Blood: Infinity Ultimate, Tokyo New World Record:Operation Abyss, and Stranger in Sword City have yet to be released in Japan. Maybe once one of them comes out we will hear something.

TT___TT

I'm gonna stretch the rest of this game out then.
I've still got to finish Elminage Original so I guess that will have to hold me over until 2018 when these games show up

ZeroAKA

Got everyone in my party up to level 14-15 and was killed by
Astarte
again. ;_;

I guess I'll grind a bit more after final exams are over.

CrovaxPSO

The Ultimate release is just a pretty small update to the original game which came out last year (which was already a port of the 360 game if I'm not mistake). So it's possible that someone has had time to begin localization considerations. My guess is that we won't ever see that game localized and instead will get Operation Abyss next year if Demon Gaze did well enough.

The Ultimate release is just a pretty small update to the original game which came out last year (which was already a port of the 360 game if I'm not mistake). So it's possible that someone has had time to begin localization considerations. My guess is that we won't ever see that game localized and instead will get Operation Abyss next year if Demon Gaze did well enough.

All my sadness. Maybe I should import?
I can't read Japanese so it would be ridiculous trying to figure out what was going on.
:,(

CrovaxPSO

All my sadness. Maybe I should import?
I can't read Japanese so it would be ridiculous trying to figure out what was going on.
:,(

I can read enough Japanese to get through most stuff mechanically (story, not so much sometimes), Demon Gaze was no problem for example, but I had some trouble with Cross Blood Infinity for a while. It's more complex than Demon Gaze in a lot of ways, more menus, more systems that I never did really figure out. With no knowledge of Japanese I can see someone getting almost nowhere with it. Parakeetman might better be able to offer advice on it that I am.

Edit: Forgot to mention, if you want something more to play after Demon Gaze, check out Elminage Original on PSP (PSN version works on Vita). I just bought it the other day to tide me over until Moero Chronicle and I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

bradigor

Oh for the love of...

Got 5 demon keys and about to move on...that boss (
Astarte
) can seriously do one. Think I need to go on a grinding session.

RangerBAD

I can read enough Japanese to get through most stuff mechanically (story, not so much sometimes), Demon Gaze was no problem for example, but I had some trouble with Cross Blood Infinity for a while. It's more complex than Demon Gaze in a lot of ways, more menus, more systems that I never did really figure out. With no knowledge of Japanese I can see someone getting almost nowhere with it. Parakeetman might better be able to offer advice on it that I am.

Edit: Forgot to mention, if you want something more to play after Demon Gaze, check out Elminage Original on PSP (PSN version works on Vita). I just bought it the other day to tide me over until Moero Chronicle and I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

Sending someone from Demon Gaze to Elminage is cold blooded. lol

Top Bottom