• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon Gaze |OT| Even heroes have to pay rent

I've got to the final Mars battle. She's really tough, tried fighting her once but didn't do so hot. Should I be going after Chronos or Mars first?

Volcynika

I've got to the final Mars battle. She's really tough, tried fighting her once but didn't do so hot. Should I be going after Chronos or Mars first?

Not sure if you might be having this issue, but make sure you're not wearing a lot of equipment weak to fire like I was ;_;

I did beat Mars first though, about to fight Chronos.

cj_iwakura

Ran into Chronos 1 by accident. Wasn't nearly as rough as I feared, thankfully.

My team: MC/Paladin | Priestess/Wizard

Archer for the fifth, maybe?

Razma1

Im guessing you are dragging along comet too due to her item drop increase?

Ya but not helping. So many gems used ugh tried every combo multiple times all difficulty levels nothing made a difference. I have every other * item I'm pretty sure besides the 2 swords.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Ya but not helping. So many gems used ugh tried every combo multiple times all difficulty levels nothing made a difference. I have every other * item I'm pretty sure besides the 2 swords.

lol. yeah its going to take a while. Just keep at it. Nothing else you can really do thats why.

Also whatever you do, dont go trying to use 3 gold gems in
Eden (whatever they call the place in the US ver
. Apparently there is a bug where it will fuck the loot drop table, resetting it to the lowest ranked items, as it sets the rating too high or something. Its a bug that exists in the JP version and has not been fixed, therefore we can guess that its in the US one too. You really dont want to waste gold gems and get a bunch of E / D ranked items lol

Razma1

lol. yeah its going to take a while. Just keep at it. Nothing else you can really do thats why.

Also whatever you do, dont go trying to use 3 gold gems in
Eden (whatever they call the place in the US ver
. Apparently there is a bug where it will fuck the loot drop table, resetting it to the lowest ranked items, as it sets the rating too high or something. Its a bug that exists in the JP version and has not been fixed, therefore we can guess that its in the US one too.

Ya I read something about that bug beforehand so I didn't waste em. I wish difficulty had something to do with drops but I was getting same on cold as I was on hot and they weren't even higher quality.

Parakeetman

Ya I read something about that bug beforehand so I didn't waste em. I wish difficulty had something to do with drops but I was getting same on cold as I was on hot and they weren't even higher quality.

Its ok to use like Gold w/ combination of the Silver and Bronze, but going all Gold at that area in particular is highly recommended against. I read somewhere else that higher level does result in better drop chance. Though it was a comment by another user and not really written into the wiki.

Parakeetman

So is this game difficult? I like me some difficulties in my dungeon crawler.

You can set the difficulty as you like at any time. So basically if you like dungeon crawlers, pick up the game, try it out then if you dont like how hard / easy it is go to the basement talk to prometh and set the difficulty there. These types of games its kinda hard to really say if its difficult or not, due to everyone having varying skill levels in the genre, which is where the fantastic choice of a difficulty setting comes in.

Oh yeah there are 4 difficulty modes to choose from. You start on the 2nd setting then there are 2 above that if you want more difficult and 1 below for easier.

Ironjam

Finally beat
sol
, this was the first boss that really gave me trouble.
My heart is throbbing after beating him.

Onto the postgame!

Shengar

Ran into Chronos 1 by accident. Wasn't nearly as rough as I feared, thankfully.

My team: MC/Paladin | Priestess/Wizard

Archer for the fifth, maybe?
You gonna get wrecked by Neptune if that Wizard is your main damage dealer lol
Steep beginning, levels off pretty quick once you have a team.

There are some notable difficulty spike,
like Neptune (this mostly due to inability to cast any single spell) and Astarte
. Though the latter might be just because of my poor skill for this game >__>

Volcynika

Boss post Mars/Chronos was pretty easy once I put some effort into strengthening some material. Now, onto the next demon to capture!

Is it recommended I keep the difficulty on Cool? I would only probably put it up to Warm at most, but not sure what all changes between difficulty choices.

Also haven't done much in the way of getting any artifacts really, but I have some gems. Any suggestions?

JPS Kai

Are there any tips for using a ranger? My Ney is built towards Agi/Luc/Str in that order and primarily uses Terra Bane or just attack. I feel like she's greatly outclassed by my warrior in terms of damage.

Jindrael

Banned
Are there any tips for using a ranger? My Ney is built towards Agi/Luc/Str in that order and primarily uses Terra Bane or just attack. I feel like she's greatly outclassed by my warrior in terms of damage.

No tips really but my ranger is almost the highest single-target damage dealer in my group without the dangers of the frontline.
Most of that can be attributed to the weapon.

Snipe is nice when it procs in trash battles.

ZeroAKA

My Gazer with the Slash 1 artifact and Assassin with "Dead" weapons and Slash 2 usually do a good job of taking care of trash mobs to the point that my Samurai doesn't feel needed anymore. Is the damage input of the Ranger better than the Samurai for a single target?

JPS Kai

No tips really but my ranger is almost the highest single-target damage dealer in my group without the dangers of the frontline.
Most of that can be attributed to the weapon.

Snipe is nice when it procs in trash battles.

I'm up to grimodar and am currently using a Wide Sling (118x1). Should I be looking anywhere specific for a new bow or just using gems at circles until I find a decent one?

Volcynika

Why do you not have a 5th member by now? lol

I dunno! I need more money. Honestly I just wanted to attempt it and see how it was, as I had 99 items in my inventory. I'm trying to think of what my last party member will be, kinda leaning assassin but not sure. Also have barely any artifacts so maybe I should get a few of those with the gems I have.

Jindrael

Banned
I'm up to grimodar and am currently using a Wide Sling (118x1). Should I be looking anywhere specific for a new bow or just using gems at circles until I find a decent one?

I'm in grimodar aswell (still beginning) and I'm using Eagle Eye (202x1), I just used my gems to get specific gear.
Attack rating on my lvl 18 Ranger is ~250 atm.

Jindrael

Banned
Just now wrecked
Jupiter
, that wasn't even fair, she just died after 4 rounds I don't even know what she can do.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting a thread for a niche Vita game to get over 1000 posts.

Good games require active Threads and Demon Gaze is definitely a good game :)

Just now wrecked
Jupiter
, that wasn't even fair, she just died after 4 rounds I don't even know what she can do.

Good games require active Threads and Demon Gaze is definitely a good game :)

I'm about to do that fight.
I concur, Demon Gaze is now my favorite Vita game.
(It was P4G before this.)

Grimodar has been a lot harder than previous areas for me. I've had to level quite a bit to avoid random overpowered enemies wiping out my party members.

However, they will find our adventurers will not be overcome so easily!!!

Jindrael

Banned
This game is too easy, A
starte
didn't even do any damage to me :(

Looks like you have the same problem I had, I had to turn up the difficulty to not steamroll through everything, turn it up to warm for now but you will probably turn it up to hot soon enough.

I'm still playing on warm but it starting to be really easy again, will probably turn it to hot tomorrow.

Top Bottom