• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon Gaze |OT| Even heroes have to pay rent

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
About artifact gems, do I use them straight away or hold them to use with those add +1/2 gems? Seems like they are rather scarce.

Really is up to you. Also what you will need to keep in mind is that the type of skills you can potentially get from the circles depends on the dungeon you are in. Higher level dungeons = higher level skills. So its basically knowing what you are aiming for then saving before attempting it.

For the +1 gems stuff thats your call. You can make do with out trying to do that all the time though.

v1perz53

Finally got the platinum!
Quasar
was a huge pain. Every other boss took at most 2 tries for me to take down, but that one took probably 10 tries. I just couldn't damage him enough before he healed and continued to sweep my party. I was starting to think about lowering the difficulty. >.<

Congrats! That boss was the moment in the game when I realized that I was playing wrong the whole time. If you have every party member but paladin in the back row, and use Uranus' Light Veil ability, every attack to a back row party member fails. Only magic can hit them in the back row. It took that boss fight from "how can I possibly do this" to "this game is a little too easy when taking advantage of this ability" really quickly. I had lost to him 14 times before using that strategy, then won on my first try using it. I guess that is the one issue with very vague ability descriptions.

About artifact gems, do I use them straight away or hold them to use with those add +1/2 gems? Seems like they are rather scarce.

Artifact gems are the only gem in the game that have a definitive limited amount, so it is generally optimal to use the +1/+2 gems. You get I think 36 throughout the game and there are way more than 36 artifacts. But honestly, I never bothered using +1/+2, instead I save-restarted when using artifact gems to make sure to get the artifacts I wanted, since some are game breakingly good and most are pretty useless. Also everything Parakeetman said above holds as well.

Just got a Vita, and picked this game up too.

I'm at the beginning, beat the first fight in the dungeon and I've just had the music playing for the past 6 minutes, not pressing any buttons. Holy crap, this soundtrack is so good. So good.

being playing this a lot and having a blast...
my only complain is how some class are strictly inferior or too situational...
samurai.. front end without shield a with light armor only...
wellllllllllllll
and samurai skills?
carnage is garbage, since your health pool is lower then other class and you are wearing light amor...
carnage ex is suicide attack...
slash2 is the only viable attack from samurai (with slash1 being good too clearly)..

paladin... paladin is TOO godly, and assembling a gazer as an "off" paladin (stat-wise, and gear-wise) makes you practically a meatwall..
your only enemy is at that point confusion (not that much but oh well) and the fucking scramble row attack.. where i get back-row in the front and front row unable to do anything for 1 turn :|

some status effect are TOO strong though.. enemy ingurgitating you... is way too strong imho.. is there actually any protection from that?

I would have appreciated the removal (gradual) of demon treshold, so say that every 5-10 level you could "carry" one more demon till you had basically all demon and all "effects"..

anyway will all my grimaces, I'm enjoyng the game BIG times, and with just 2 demon left I definitely rate this game one of vita's most appreciated game on my part..
decent story (well for the purpose of dungeon crawler it was decent), the "fetch" quests are REALLY limited (which is a plus), combat was nice altough I'm like "lol enemy not doing anything for two turns..."..

For a new demon gaze I'd appreciate a revamped class system for sure, but i think that kadokawa will rather go with a new ip if they feel confident with vita :)

Parakeetman

wellllllllllllll
and samurai skills?
carnage is garbage, since your health pool is lower then other class and you are wearing light amor...
slash2 is the only viable attack from samurai (with slash1 being good too clearly)..

paladin... paladin is TOO godly, and assembling a gazer as an "off" paladin (stat-wise, and gear-wise) makes you practically a meatwall..
your only enemy is at that point confusion (not that much but oh well) and the fucking scramble row attack.. where i get back-row in the front and front row unable to do anything for 1 turn :|

some status effect are TOO strong though.. enemy ingurgitating you... is way too strong imho.. is there actually any protection from that?

I would have appreciated the removal (gradual) of demon treshold, so say that every 5-10 level you could "carry" one more demon till you had basically all demon and all "effects"..

anyway will all my grimaces, I'm enjoyng the game BIG times, and with just 2 demon left I definitely rate this game one of vita's most appreciated game on my part..
decent story (well for the purpose of dungeon crawler it was decent), the "fetch" quests are REALLY limited (which is a plus), combat was nice altough I'm like "lol enemy not doing anything for two turns..."..

For a new demon gaze I'd appreciate a revamped class system for sure, but i think that kadokawa will rather go with a new ip if they feel confident with vita :)

Not sure what the US translation is, but you need fake dolls to stop that enemy skill which "eats" a character in your party. It takes the fake doll in place of the character.

Also Experience Inc made the game not really Kadokawa as they just published it. That and does not seem like Exp Inc. and Kadokawa are really partnered up anymore. So doubt we will see anything from them in the future.

Not sure what the US translation is, but you need fake dolls to stop that enemy skill which "eats" a character in your party. It takes the fake doll in place of the character.

Also Experience Inc made the game not really Kadokawa as they just published it. That and does not seem like Exp Inc. and Kadokawa are really partnered up anymore. So doubt we will see anything from them in the future.

then i will hope for something from experience inc? :p

Parakeetman

then i will hope for something from experience inc? :p

Once they get out all their other titles possibly, since it was one of their better selling games and what really gave them assurance in the Vita as a main platform of choice for them. Currently in their "production" line up is in order of release.

Tokyo New World Record: Operation Abyss (End of July)
Labyrinth Cross Blood Infinity Ultimate (End of August)
Stranger of Sword City (OT below) (Winter 2014)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=828454

Kuro

Guys I need help with something really bad, I'm tearing my hair out!
Who do I let feed me during Pinay's tea party??? I can't decide between Prometh and Fran! Will this affect the story later on? Help!

Guys I need help with something really bad, I'm tearing my hair out!
Who do I let feed me during Pinay's tea party??? I can't decide between Prometh and Fran! Will this affect the story later on? Help!

When playing playing any and all anime games,
always go with your waifu.

I went with Fran because I like 'em big and bouncy.

Parakeetman

wellllllllllllll
and samurai skills?

Btw seems like Experience Inc and Kadokawa are still working together as they have announced they will begin work on Demon Gaze 2 (title pending).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=849401

Parakeetman

Any input on who the better party members are?

Depends on your playstyle. Personally just play how you think you want to play. For your first character though the paladin that is offered to you is a good starting choice for a 2nd character. After that if you want to go the safe route for your third the healer.

Demon Gaze 2 being developed in Japan?!
Hoping it'll get localized for NA/EU, I'm enjoying the shit out of the game so it'll be awesome if I have another one where I can sink a ton of hours.

Google translate:
In PSVita "Demongeizu 2 (tentative)" development decision! ! Released in the end of 2015 at the earliest!

· Total shipments worldwide exceeded 200,000 "But Demongeizu", experience and Kadokawa Games have started to develop the sequel already

&#8226; Locations are suffering how do we do to enjoy many people from stage. That will dictate trying to scale a sense of how much, and where said, whether to target a portion of the first place "Now Sen-to original Mr. "

· "Perhaps, 2 is not attached to the title.. Platform in PSVita course hurdle when it get hand in people who do not play the previous game because becomes high, be some development in other possibly. Now the end of 2015 at the earliest place "

Sera O

Banned
I'm in Grimodar B1 now, and it's a really fun dungeon. I was stoked when I saw there were multiple floors. I could do with less cheesecake and butt memos, but it's probably just best to avoid reading memos. I was dreading the post-key inn errands and I wish I could skip that stuff.

I had no idea about the artifacts being limited, so I'm going to have to save those up.

I'm planning to switch my wizard off for either the assassin or ranger that I have chilling in the sidelines. Any recommendations for which I should put more experience into for later in the game? My current setup is a gazer/paladin/samurai in the front line with healer/wizard in the back.

Parakeetman

So there's nothing else I should keep. I haven't sold anything except weapons and I have 3 demons now.

Later on you will be using extra items to power the ether generator which is used to upgrade your equipment.

Also dont sell your gems used in the circles. Ones used to give you duplicates keep those for use with artifact gems.

Some quest stuff requires items, but not a lot of quests do that. So for the most part if you sold said item you can just go back and farm for it again.

One quest I know of off the top of my head right now is the feathers for the blanket thing. You will need to kill the balloon rats for those, not the crows. Makes no sense I know lol.

Also highly suggest not selling the food healing items and status effect recovery items as you will need those too. If you want keep the single use magical attack items too.

I really think I might finally finish a dungeon crawler. Just finished the Hydra and the story took a bit of a turn. I'm really enjoying everything about this game! The fact that I don't have to make the map and the ability to set a position on the map are nice for a change.

Sera O

Banned
Wow. I finally defeated b2 endless road's boss while running madly from that golden drake that shits like a machinegun, and now
Lord Shark ("Shar! Shar!")
seems to be next in line to puree me after
having killed all his cute bunny minions :<
. He beat me down really bad, holy crap.

I am planning on bringing wads of gems to b2 to get better ranked gear for everyone. Are there any that I should worry about conserving for later, besides the artifact gems?

Parakeetman

Wow. I finally defeated b2 endless road's boss while running madly from that golden drake that shits like a machinegun, and now
Lord Shark ("Shar! Shar!")
seems to be next in line to puree me after
having killed all his cute bunny minions :<
. He beat me down really bad, holy crap.

I am planning on bringing wads of gems to b2 to get better ranked gear for everyone. Are there any that I should worry about conserving for later, besides the artifact gems?

The gems that allow you to get +1 to an item. Or whatever the english stats for it is. Since you would want to use those with your artifact gems.

Sera O

Banned
The gems that allow you to get +1 to an item. Or whatever the english stats for it is. Since you would want to use those with your artifact gems.

Okay cool, thanks. I think they are called Increase 1 and Increase 2. I haven't used any yet because I wasn't sure what they did.

The difficulty definitely went up in Star Curtain, loosing party members left and right to those huge axe wielding guys. I did manage to get a full party now. Gazer, Paladin, Samurai, Ranger and Healer. Seems like a good team.

KuroNeeko

Rise from the grave!

SO I picked this up yesterday and am having fun with it. I'll probably start over as I made my second character a boring ass paladin. I think I'll try a balls-to-the-wall offensive party as soon as I get a better grasp on the mechanics.

So it looks like you need to rent rooms to increase your party size. If someone is lodged in a room, do you have to use that character? Right now, I have my MC and a paladin in a room. Can I make a bunch of other characters and stable them in an Adventurer's Guild / Inn type place so I can swap between them or is that it? Do I have to use the characters lodged in that room?

Coming from Wizardry / Elminage - it's such a weird restriction.

Was GREAT seeing people talk about Wizardry: Busin in the thread! Such a great game! *.*

dkoy

Rise from the grave!

SO I picked this up yesterday and am having fun with it. I'll probably start over as I made my second character a boring ass paladin. I think I'll try a balls-to-the-wall offensive party as soon as I get a better grasp on the mechanics.

So it looks like you need to rent rooms to increase your party size. If someone is lodged in a room, do you have to use that character? Right now, I have my MC and a paladin in a room. Can I make a bunch of other characters and stable them in an Adventurer's Guild / Inn type place so I can swap between them or is that it? Do I have to use the characters lodged in that room?

Was GREAT seeing people talk about Wizardry: Busin in the thread! Such a great game! *.*

You should probably keep the paladin. Having a tank on the frontlines is pretty important here.

If a character is lodged in a room then they will be in your party when you go explore. You can make more characters than you have rooms (up to two I think?) and they'll just be in reserve and you can swap the ones in the rooms out anytime you're at the inn.

KuroNeeko

You should probably keep the paladin. Having a tank on the frontlines is pretty important here.

If a character is lodged in a room then they will be in your party when you go explore. You can make more characters than you have rooms (up to two I think?) and they'll just be in reserve and you can swap the ones in the rooms out anytime you're at the inn.

Yeah, I figured as much. I usually go Paladin, DPS, Priest / Rogue / Ninja, Spell caster, utility in these type of games - I just thought I'd try something different.

This game looks pretty forgiving when it comes to death so I'll probably play around a bit before settling down.

Thanks for the advice!

dkoy

Yeah, I figured as much. I usually go Paladin, DPS, Priest / Rogue / Ninja, Spell caster, utility in these type of games - I just thought I'd try something different.

This game looks pretty forgiving when it comes to death so I'll probably play around a bit before settling down.

Thanks for the advice!

All good. If you want a challenge I guess you could go without a tank but deaths can be annoying especially in boss fights since the dead ones would miss out on the sweet experience. I also recall a rather nasty difficulty spike but you seem to be well versed in your RPGs so whatever floats your boat :)

Parakeetman

Rise from the grave!

ah what you have to do is rent more rooms fir more pt members. think of it as room is a character slot. but if you rent a new room it will come with a character so there is no need to buy a character separately

its not like you really need spare characters though.

if you really want firepower

demon gazer, samurai, fighter
ranger, healer.

dont really suggest to try and run without a healer.

the samurai would have to be built for the 2nd single target skill.

then from there what relics you equip will make the difference with how the characters play so get ready for lots of save and reset lol

since this game isnt as strict on element types and weaknesses like other wiz titles you actually can make do without a caster.

Parakeetman

Thanks for the advice!

btw I know you said you dont use wikis and other whatnots, but you might find this site useful in the event you are unsure of something.

http://www.spoiler.jp/srv/dg/

Also from there this most likely is the most useful information.

&#12473;&#12486;&#12540;&#12479;&#12473;&#12398;&#20855;&#20307;&#30340;&#12394;&#21177;&#26524; Wiki&#12434;&#32232;&#38598;&#12377;&#12427;

STR(&#21147;)
&#29289;&#29702;&#25915;&#25731;&#12398;&#23041;&#21147;
1&#12509;&#12452;&#12531;&#12488;&#12395;&#12388;&#12365;&#25915;&#25731;&#21147;&#35036;&#27491;&#20516;&#12364;3&#19978;&#26119;&#12290;
&#19968;&#37096;&#12398;&#12473;&#12461;&#12523;&#12398;&#30330;&#21205;&#29575;
&#12466;&#12452;&#12470;&#12540;&#12508;&#12523;&#12488;&#12289;&#12502;&#12521;&#12473;&#12488;&#12398;&#23041;&#21147;

INT(&#30693;&#24615;)
&#26368;&#22823;MP
&#26368;&#22823;MP&#12399;Lvup&#26178;&#12395;&#12463;&#12521;&#12473;&#12289;&#31278;&#26063;&#12289;Lv&#12289;INT&#65286;MYS&#12434;&#21442;&#29031;&#12375;&#12390;&#27598;&#22238;&#20877;&#35336;&#31639;&#12377;&#12427;&#12290;&#12381;&#12398;&#12383;&#12417;&#20808;&#12395;&#19978;&#12370;&#12390;&#12418;&#24460;&#12391;&#19978;&#12370;&#12390;&#12418;&#12381;&#12428;&#12425;&#12398;&#25968;&#20516;&#12364;&#21516;&#12376;&#12394;&#12425;&#26368;&#32066;&#30340;&#12394;&#26368;&#22823;MP&#12399;&#22793;&#12431;&#12425;&#12394;&#12356;&#12290;
&#26368;&#22823;MP&#35336;&#31639;&#26178;&#12289;&#21442;&#29031;&#12377;&#12427;INT&#65286;MYS&#12399;&#31278;&#26063;&#22522;&#26412;&#20516;&#12392;Lvup&#26178;&#12398;&#12509;&#12452;&#12531;&#12488;&#21106;&#12426;&#25391;&#12426;&#20998;&#12398;&#12415;&#12290;&#35013;&#20633;&#21697;&#12392;&#12452;&#12531;&#12486;&#12522;&#12450;&#12399;&#19968;&#20999;&#24433;&#38911;&#12434;&#19982;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12398;&#12391;&#12289;&#12356;&#12385;&#12356;&#12385;&#35013;&#20633;&#12434;&#20184;&#12369;&#26367;&#12360;&#12427;&#24517;&#35201;&#12399;&#28961;&#12356;&#12290;
&#12454;&#12451;&#12470;&#12540;&#12489;&#12473;&#12506;&#12523;&#12398;&#21177;&#26524;
&#20809;&#12289;&#28961;&#23646;&#24615;&#20197;&#22806;&#12398;&#23646;&#24615;&#25915;&#25731;&#12473;&#12506;&#12523;&#12289;&#35036;&#21161;&#12473;&#12506;&#12523;&#65288;&#12371;&#12385;&#12425;&#12399;INT&#12392;MYS&#20001;&#26041;&#12364;&#24433;&#38911;&#65289;&#12398;&#21177;&#26524;&#12395;&#24433;&#38911;&#12434;&#19982;&#12360;&#12427;&#12290;
&#19968;&#37096;&#25915;&#25731;&#12450;&#12452;&#12486;&#12512;&#12398;&#23041;&#21147;

MYS(&#31070;&#31192;&#24615;)
&#26368;&#22823;MP
&#26368;&#22823;MP&#12399;Lvup&#26178;&#12395;&#12463;&#12521;&#12473;&#12289;&#31278;&#26063;&#12289;Lv&#12289;INT&#65286;MYS&#12434;&#21442;&#29031;&#12375;&#12390;&#27598;&#22238;&#20877;&#35336;&#31639;&#12377;&#12427;&#12290;&#12381;&#12398;&#12383;&#12417;&#20808;&#12395;&#19978;&#12370;&#12390;&#12418;&#24460;&#12391;&#19978;&#12370;&#12390;&#12418;&#12381;&#12428;&#12425;&#12398;&#25968;&#20516;&#12364;&#21516;&#12376;&#12394;&#12425;&#26368;&#32066;&#30340;&#12394;&#26368;&#22823;MP&#12399;&#22793;&#12431;&#12425;&#12394;&#12356;&#12290;
&#26368;&#22823;MP&#35336;&#31639;&#26178;&#12289;&#21442;&#29031;&#12377;&#12427;INT&#65286;MYS&#12399;&#31278;&#26063;&#22522;&#26412;&#20516;&#12392;Lvup&#26178;&#12398;&#12509;&#12452;&#12531;&#12488;&#21106;&#12426;&#25391;&#12426;&#20998;&#12398;&#12415;&#12290;&#35013;&#20633;&#21697;&#12392;&#12452;&#12531;&#12486;&#12522;&#12450;&#12399;&#19968;&#20999;&#24433;&#38911;&#12434;&#19982;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12398;&#12391;&#12289;&#12356;&#12385;&#12356;&#12385;&#35013;&#20633;&#12434;&#20184;&#12369;&#26367;&#12360;&#12427;&#24517;&#35201;&#12399;&#28961;&#12356;&#12290;
&#12498;&#12540;&#12521;&#12540;&#12473;&#12506;&#12523;&#12398;&#21177;&#26524;
&#20809;&#23646;&#24615;&#25915;&#25731;&#12473;&#12506;&#12523;&#12289;&#22238;&#24489;&#12473;&#12506;&#12523;&#12289;&#35036;&#21161;&#12473;&#12506;&#12523;&#65288;&#12371;&#12385;&#12425;&#12399;INT&#12392;MYS&#20001;&#26041;&#12364;&#24433;&#38911;&#65289;&#12398;&#21177;&#26524;&#12395;&#24433;&#38911;&#12434;&#19982;&#12360;&#12427;&#12290;
&#12466;&#12452;&#12470;&#12540;&#12495;&#12540;&#12488;&#12398;&#25104;&#21151;&#29575;&#21450;&#12403;&#22238;&#24489;&#21147;
&#12510;&#12490;&#22238;&#24489;i&#65286;II&#12398;MP&#22238;&#24489;&#21147;
&#19968;&#37096;&#34220;&#21697;&#39006;&#12398;&#22238;&#24489;&#21147;

VIT(&#20307;)
&#26368;&#22823;HP
&#26368;&#22823;HP&#12399;Lvup&#26178;&#12395;&#12463;&#12521;&#12473;&#12289;&#31278;&#26063;&#12289;Lv&#12289;VIT&#12434;&#21442;&#29031;&#12375;&#12390;&#27598;&#22238;&#20877;&#35336;&#31639;&#12377;&#12427;&#12290;&#12381;&#12398;&#12383;&#12417;&#20808;&#12395;&#19978;&#12370;&#12390;&#12418;&#24460;&#12391;&#19978;&#12370;&#12390;&#12418;&#12381;&#12428;&#12425;&#12398;&#25968;&#20516;&#12364;&#21516;&#12376;&#12394;&#12425;&#26368;&#32066;&#30340;&#12394;&#26368;&#22823;HP&#12399;&#22793;&#12431;&#12425;&#12394;&#12356;&#12290;
&#26368;&#22823;HP&#35336;&#31639;&#26178;&#12289;&#21442;&#29031;&#12377;&#12427;VIT&#12399;&#31278;&#26063;&#22522;&#26412;&#20516;&#12392;Lvup&#26178;&#12398;&#12509;&#12452;&#12531;&#12488;&#21106;&#12426;&#25391;&#12426;&#20998;&#12398;&#12415;&#12290;&#35013;&#20633;&#21697;&#12392;&#12452;&#12531;&#12486;&#12522;&#12450;&#12399;&#19968;&#20999;&#24433;&#38911;&#12434;&#19982;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12398;&#12391;&#12289;&#12356;&#12385;&#12356;&#12385;&#35013;&#20633;&#12434;&#20184;&#12369;&#26367;&#12360;&#12427;&#24517;&#35201;&#12399;&#28961;&#12356;&#12290;
&#38450;&#24481;&#20516;
VIT1&#12391;&#38450;&#24481;1&#12289;&#20197;&#38477;2&#12509;&#12452;&#12531;&#12488;&#12395;&#12388;&#12365;&#38450;&#24481;&#65291;1&#12290;

AGI(&#25935;)
&#25126;&#38360;&#26178;&#12398;&#34892;&#21205;&#38918;
&#20108;&#20992;&#27969;&#26178;&#12398;&#12469;&#12502;&#27494;&#22120;&#12398;&#25915;&#25731;&#21147;
AGI&#12364;25&#26410;&#28288;&#12384;&#12392;&#12510;&#12452;&#12490;&#12473;&#35036;&#27491;&#12434;&#21463;&#12369;&#12427;&#12290;
&#29289;&#29702;&#25915;&#25731;&#12398;&#26368;&#32066;&#30340;&#12394;&#21629;&#20013;&#29575;&#12289;&#22238;&#36991;&#29575;(&#24433;&#38911;&#24230; &#23567;)
&#22522;&#26412;&#30340;&#12395;&#12399;&#12289;&#25915;&#25731;&#20596;&#12398;&#21629;&#20013;&#20516;&#12392;&#38450;&#24481;&#20596;&#12398;&#22238;&#36991;&#20516;&#12434;&#20803;&#12395;&#21629;&#20013;&#29575;&#12364;&#31639;&#20986;&#12373;&#12428;&#12427;&#12290;&#21629;&#20013;&#12392;&#22238;&#36991;&#12364;&#21516;&#20516;&#12395;&#12394;&#12387;&#12383;&#26178;&#12398;&#12415;&#12289;AGI&#12364;&#21629;&#20013;&#12392;&#22238;&#36991;&#12395;&#24433;&#38911;&#12434;&#19982;&#12360;&#12427;&#12290;

LUC(&#36939;)
&#29366;&#24907;&#30064;&#24120;&#12398;&#25104;&#21151;&#21028;&#23450;(&#25915;&#25731;&#20596;&#12391;&#12418;&#38450;&#24481;&#20596;&#12391;&#12418;&#24433;&#38911;)
&#30906;&#29575;&#21028;&#23450;&#12364;&#12354;&#12427;&#12473;&#12461;&#12523;&#12539;&#34892;&#21205;&#12398;&#30330;&#21205;&#29575;(&#12487;&#12451;&#12508;&#12540;&#12471;&#12519;&#12531;&#12398;&#24199;&#12358;&#29575;&#12420;&#12461;&#12521;&#12540;&#12456;&#12483;&#12472;&#30330;&#21205;&#29575;etc)
&#12454;&#12451;&#12470;&#12540;&#12489;&#12473;&#12506;&#12523;&#12300;&#12458;&#12513;&#12460;&#12452;&#12531;&#12497;&#12463;&#12488;&#12301;&#12398;&#23041;&#21147;

Oh yeah found my earlier post about the room rent cost stuff.

Ok heres the room cost breakdown. When you purchase a new room for rent it comes with a character too which can be taken as is or edited to your liking.

1st Room = Free from game event
2nd Room = 1000G
3rd Room = 5000 G
4th Room = 10,000 G

Making additional characters = 500G. Limit though is 3 and these will be on standby until you swap them with one of your other characters who are currently allocated to a room. Basically breakdown is 4 in rooms, 3 on standby.

Resurrecting characters = Lv x 10G

The rent is calculated the following

All characters combined Lv x ( <character Lv ÷ Difficulty Rating> +5 )

Easy - 5 / Normal - 4 / Hard - 3 / Maniac - 2
(no idea what the US translations for the difficulty ratings are but heres the numerical breakdown for the formula above)

Anyways am not exactly sure if this formula works or not but its whats written on the JP wiki. The easier way to think of it is the rent costs more the higher your level / games difficulty is.

blahness

I will also throw my hat in for keeping the Paladin. I didnt think it was that useful until I started pumping the VIT stats up for my Paladin. I am currently near the end game and the last few bosses, the Paladin was absolutely critical in diverting attacks away from my MC and samurai. This is critical if you have a specific artifact/skill for your MC/ranger.

Parakeetman

Never got my copy from NIS Store so seeing this thread bumped makes me sad everytime. ;_;

what really? have you contacted their customer support? if you can by phone is the fastest as NIS has excellent customer support personally

Parakeetman

They said the first one was in mailing limbo. The second one they never gave me a tracking number so...I might just grab a digital copy.

D:

Man... sorry to hear about that. Do hope they didnt charge you already considering what happened. :/

blahness

Just finished and platinumed the game yesterday and I can say that this is the most time I have spent on an RPG type of game in a long time. I logged 64 hours total and enjoyed every bit of it. Boss difficulty does ramp up toward the end, but once you get a de-buff/buff strategy down, it isn't so bad. For me it got to the point where I rarely died and if I did, it was because the boss got lucky or I wasn't watching my active buffs to make sure they were protected. The story overall isn't too deep but the characters and their personalities do make up for it a bit and the Gazer Memos, as juvenile as they can be, did make me laugh a bit at times just out of their creativity and ridiculous nature.

*HUFF* *HUFF*

So, this game is going to be on sale used at Gamefly soon according to the thread posted earlier about Gamefly deals so... Does anyone want to give a few words of recommendation? The post above me obviously loves it, but the main things I'm interested in are if characters in your party play a role in the story, the level of grind to reward, sense of advancement in story and character capability, general quality of the story, how many dungeons there are,. I've already determined that the dungeon crawling is apparently better gameplay wise than Persona 4's but don't want to here there are 50 different 2 hour dungeon crawls awaiting...

If anyone is willing to let me know what they would say on these aspects it'd be appreciated! :) For some perspective, I haven't finished any dungeon crawler of this type. I've essentially finished P4G, but I stopped SMT IV after getting lost before the party
even split up in Tokyo (which is obviously coming, right?)
. I guess having to figure out where to go didn't work for me in this case, one too many steps... That and I've pretty much stopped playing 3DS games altogether since then so... :)

dkoy

I highly recommend this if you like jrpgs. The story's not amazing but then again what game does have one these days? Your party members are really just a bunch of numbers that don't really do anything for the main story but the game does reference them a few times and I found that I grew attached to them nonetheless, which was very much helped by the great art.

Story advancement and character capability are pretty intuitive. It'll be pretty obvious when the story advances but I'm not too clear on what you mean by character capability so I'm assuming you mean gameplay wise.

As for dungeons, there are around 10 I think. Not too sure how long each one takes to clear but I only really found 1 or 2 of them a tedious and it shouldn't take more than 3 hours max per dungeon, though don't quote me on that since it's been a while since I've played.

tl;dr buy it and play it if you like anime visuals and rpgs.

tl;dr buy it and play it if you like anime visuals and rpgs.

Thanks! I think I will get it, even if it'll be awkwardly the first physical Vita game I have besides P4G. I mean it'll be awkward because now I'll actually have to keep track of the tiny carts :p.

What I meant about player capability was how powerful the player characters become. Sometimes even when you level up in a game, there is no more excitement to doing greater damage than 3 hours ago, you know? What I was asking was even when clearly the game will be balanced to keep enemies at about the same level, I was wondering if the feeling of becoming incredibly powerful is there. Making the player feel OP, without actually reducing challenge, kind of difficult to describe.

Ephidel

This question is a little random, but I'm hoping somebody might know. Are any items other than the Legendary Cape with the "Protect against kidnappings" trait? I know there are various items and accessories which can block it once, but I want to know if there's anything else I could look for that would block it more permanently. I'm doing a two man run and if my Ranger gets kidnapped it causes a major drop in my damage which makes fights far harder.

Edit: I've actually just acquired another item with that trait via the storyline, but it also isn't wearable by Rangers :(
Edit2: And now I've acquired a Necklace which is, so never mind :)

KuroNeeko

Wow, this game is finally starting to grow on me!

I unlocked
Mars
and my fourth party slot - allowing me to rock out with a Paladin, Assassin, and Healer. I've just unlocked the summoning circle for
Chronos.

One thing I'm curious about though, do non-consumable items have a chance to break upon use? I got the
healing staff
from a Staff gem and
the thing feels like an exploit. Damage tiles are a joke now since I can just heal up my party every few steps. If it's intentional, well, that's one thing, but it feels pretty broken. Was I just lucky in getting it or what?

Otherwise, it's turning out to be a nice meat-and-potatos type DRPG. I may go for the Platinum at this rate. Can't say I was crazy about the
panty
sniffing scene, but I'm willing to forgive them
if my girl &#12503;&#12525;&#12513;&#12473;&#12288;gets more love.

Feels like two-handed weapons are a bit over-powered, but still too early to tell.

Will post more impressions later as I advance!

dkoy

I unlocked
Mars
and my fourth party slot - allowing me to rock out with a Paladin, Assassin, and Healer. I've just unlocked the summoning circle for
Chronos.

One thing I'm curious about though, do non-consumable items have a chance to break upon use? I got the
healing staff
from a Staff gem and
the thing feels like an exploit. Damage tiles are a joke now since I can just heal up my party every few steps. If it's intentional, well, that's one thing, but it feels pretty broken. Was I just lucky in getting it or what?

Otherwise, it's turning out to be a nice meat-and-potatos type DRPG. I may go for the Platinum at this rate. Can't say I was crazy about the
panty

Feels like two-handed weapons are a bit over-powered, but still too early to tell.

Glad you're liking it! Just got the platinum last night myself.

For your first question, as far as I know non-consumables do not break except for some accessories that prevent kidnappings and break afterwards. The game's pretty forgiving with HP management when you're not in battles and honestly, the whole damage tile thing doesn't really get in the way much
stops being relevant once you unlock Chronos

Two-handed weapons are a trade-off between being able to off-hand a shield or another weapon with different add-on effects for more damage. Until you get an artifact that allows dual-wielding/one-handing two handed weapons that is.

Stealth edit. If you're finding it too easy, I highly recommend turning up the difficulty by talking to Prometh.

Parakeetman

I unlocked
Mars
Chronos.

healing staff
from a Staff gem and

panty

yeah this game doesnt have curse or item breaking if you use it too much. so its a way to help make the game easier for yourself.

later on you might want to ditch two handed weapons for more def as accuracy usually isnt too great. at the start the heavy hitting helps though.

when you get more demon later on it will be hard to choose who to take with you so enjoy the small selection for now lol

in stranger of sword city for example the items will become cursed and you will become unable to use it till you leave the dungeon. think said item becomes useless too till uncursed.

Z3M0G

This game has been a complete blast so far, easily the most fun I've ever had playing a dungeon crawler of this style.

But I'm pretty stuck... I just got
Neptune
, but no idea what to do next...

??

antibolo

Banned
Dunno if this thread still has subscribers but I figure I probably should ask questions here rather than clutter up the PSN thread...

Is it normal that the Wizard is completely useless for non-boss fights before level 7? I see that at level 7 it gains a no-cost attack spell, but so far with no way to restore MP there is literally nothing I can have my Wizard do in normal battles but just defend.

Or have I missed a way to regenerate MP somewhere? My Healer regenerates MP but I don't see an equivalent passive skill in the Wizard's skill list...

Top Bottom