• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon Gaze |OT| Even heroes have to pay rent

ZeroAKA

I bought this back when it came out and played a bit, but took a break to finish 100% Spelunky and play some Totori. Started playing again yesterday, and some of the systems are a bit confusing. Is there a resource that explains some of the games systems or do I just have to dig on my own? Like, I'm not fully sure what each stat does, besides some DW penalty with agi less than 25, and it seems the "defend" command does nothing if you are slower than the opponent? Also, I was using the circles in Mars' place getting messages like "mars controls x more circles", so I figured I had to finish all those then fight her. But on my like 4th circle she showed up and wrecked me, I was still around level 3. Then some gazer memos by another random circle said "beware of mars", but I got some random enemies. Is the circle she pops up in random, or should I grind without touching circles for a while? God, sorry for being such a noob, hard to find info online about some of these niche japanese localizations.
Check the Google Docs link in the OP: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jzvOrGDv6_3Sh9p6KG9LdO4pKPGioPhPvQFyoxEJ78o/htmlview

After reaching a certain number of circles, the mini-boss (regular Mars in your case) shows up. After completing all of the circles, you can fight the real boss (enraged Mars).

Mononoke

Banned
Meh god, the power spike for Astarte. Absolute decimation. I was doing so well too!

EDIT: Took me like 7 tries, but the Demon was actually very easy (she died pretty quickly). I just had to mess around with buffs/defense tactics to get around her bullshit spells that were messing with my party formation!

dkoy

Man, been playing Demon Gaze for a few weeks and just made it to
Sol. The fight's such a slog. He regens 3k hp every 6 turns and I can't out-damage that healing. The fight's going nowhere because none of my party memberes are dying (too much) but I can't deal damage. Might reload and change my demon setup, which is currently neptune, chronos and uranus.
. The minions don't help either.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Sol. The fight's such a slog. He regens 3k hp every 6 turns and I can't out-damage that healing. The fight's going nowhere because none of my party memberes are dying (too much) but I can't deal damage. Might reload and change my demon setup, which is currently neptune, chronos and uranus.

Put
mars in there most def

---

you know what the best thing about this thread is? the fact it looks like we have a bunch of fresh blood who have gotten into the genre. :D

Shengar

You can't deal damage for shit without
Mars 60% bonus damage
. Put her into the team, cast Heal Shower, put
Chronos
as the summoned demon, cast Iron Shell if her health down too quick (once she got x-shotted to death in one turn, never know what take her down), cast buff and Force Guard constantly and watch as
Sol and his cronies
couldn't touch your 99 Evasion.
Put
mars in there most def

---

you know what the best thing about this thread is? the fact it looks like we have a bunch of fresh blood who have gotten into the genre. :D

I've played dungeon crawler before, but this is the first gridder I've played. I'm glad the gameplay is very solid and the story isn't cringeworthy.

v1perz53

Whelp, been playing this basically non stop since yesterday after reading the google doc and getting a hang of the basics. (btw, thanks to all who helped put that together, amazing job!) This is my first real first person dungeon crawler (tried Etrian Oddysey demo, didn't stick with it), and I've decided I love the genre! Remember someone mentioning suggestions of other good dungeon crawlers earlier in the thread, gonna check that out at some point.

Just a few quick questions that I'm still unsure of after reading the guide. Sorry if this is super annoying! One, what does Sprt mean next to a weapon? Some say 1H, some say Heavy. Through experimentation it seems these can go in my offhand, but I remember reading about a DW artifact that lets 1H go in offhand as well? Mostly just curious what Sprt stands for hah, can't figure it out. Also, the guide mentions best weapons for each class, but is there a reason why these are considered the best? For example, guide says Gazer is best with swords, but if I have a really good spear and an OK sword, am I still better giving the gazer a spear or is there some hidden thing that makes a slightly worse sword a better option?

Also, reading about all the people who went really far with only 2 party members is crazy to me! My favorite thing so far has been getting new party members to see what different classes can do. Though just about the only thing I did right in this game was I was doing the nameless gem "trick" before even reading about it, so money has always been pretty plentiful.

Ironjam

Whelp, been playing this basically non stop since yesterday after reading the google doc and getting a hang of the basics. (btw, thanks to all who helped put that together, amazing job!) This is my first real first person dungeon crawler (tried Etrian Oddysey demo, didn't stick with it), and I've decided I love the genre! Remember someone mentioning suggestions of other good dungeon crawlers earlier in the thread, gonna check that out at some point.

Just a few quick questions that I'm still unsure of after reading the guide. Sorry if this is super annoying! One, what does Sprt mean next to a weapon? Some say 1H, some say Heavy. Through experimentation it seems these can go in my offhand, but I remember reading about a DW artifact that lets 1H go in offhand as well? Mostly just curious what Sprt stands for hah, can't figure it out. Also, the guide mentions best weapons for each class, but is there a reason why these are considered the best? For example, guide says Gazer is best with swords, but if I have a really good spear and an OK sword, am I still better giving the gazer a spear or is there some hidden thing that makes a slightly worse sword a better option?

Also, reading about all the people who went really far with only 2 party members is crazy to me! My favorite thing so far has been getting new party members to see what different classes can do. Though just about the only thing I did right in this game was I was doing the nameless gem "trick" before even reading about it, so money has always been pretty plentiful.

The sprt on some 1H weapons means "support". These weapons can be in your off-hand even if you dont have the Dual-wield artifact.
There isnt really a best weapon tbh, just wield what you think is best or does the most damage. There is probably more to the weapons like sword=balanced, spear=more accuracy, katana=more crit, heavy=higher damage (these are just examples), but the game doesnt mention it. Or i just completely missed it. :p

Mononoke

Banned
Need to get my Paladin up to level 19, so I can get Holy Guard (or whatever it's called). I'm getting one shot killed by this Skeleton Lord fellow. Fuck that.

CrovaxPSO

Since this is the most active dungeon crawling thread that I know of, and I don't think enough people care enough to make a new thread, I'll post my impressions of Moero Chronicle here in case people were curious about it.

I'll get the fanservice stuff out of the way first. It's about as prominent as in Monster Monpiece, which is to say not nearly as prominent as people make it out to be. It's a little more up front in this game, because when you battle another monster girl, you attack pieces of her armor to break it off and expose her underwear. Once you break all the pieces of the armor, you do the infamous rubbing minigame, except this time it doesn't strip her any farther because she's already in her underwear. You also find sets of underwear that are used as job-changing equippable items that replace the characters' default clothing with different bras and underwear. During non-boss battles and actual dungeon exploration, you can't even see that stuff. It's a relatively very minor aspect of the game.

As for the actual dungeon crawling, it's pretty good but nothing amazing. The main problem I see is that the game is far too easy on the default normal difficulty. I was able to get the trophy for clearing the first dungeon in about 3 hours. This includes several long dialogue scenes, so the actual time spent in the dungeon is even less. There is still another floor in this dungeon to explore, so I'm not completely finished with it, but probably pretty close. Going by the world map, there are only 6 dungeons so it could be a pretty short game for the genre. It's possible that the next dungeons will be longer, but I haven't started the next one yet.

The dungeons themselves have what you'd expect, random battles, loot chests, items on the ground, poison tiles, and a couple minibosses per floor with the main boss at the end. On normal, I can just auto-attack and be fine in normal battles. The only time I use potions is to avoid having to return to a save point to heal. There are aura bonuses you can get for using multiple attacks that target enemies' weaknesses that give you more rewards and a chance at loot drops at the end of a battle.

As is the case with a lot of dungeon crawlers, the story is nothing special so far. Monster girls are acting hostile toward humans and you have to get them back to normal so humans can coexist in peace.

TLDR: Fanservice stuff is overblown, dungeon crawling is decent, game is perhaps too easy/too short.

I'll be changing the difficulty for the next dungeon and I'll update when I've tested it out a bit.

So I managed to beat
Sol
last night. A lot better on my second try since I brought the right demons and focused on taking out its summons first. Though it was mostly a battle of irritation of slowly knocking out its HP since with Heal Shower, Chronos, it probably was completely unable to kill me, lol.

So just wondering how much more extra stuff is there. I know I have to run through the Black Cage now but any extra dungeons or such? Not sure how much will I have to keep going through this game.

Volcynika

So I managed to beat
Sol
last night. A lot better on my second try since I brought the right demons and focused on taking out its summons first. Though it was mostly a battle of irritation of slowly knocking out its HP since with Heal Shower, Chronos, it probably was completely unable to kill me, lol.

So just wondering how much more extra stuff is there. I know I have to run through the Black Cage now but any extra dungeons or such? Not sure how much will I have to keep going through this game.

End of Black Cage and then one extra "dungeon" (if you can call it that).

Parakeetman

Since this is the most active dungeon crawling thread that I know of, and I don't think enough people care enough to make a new thread, I'll post my impressions of Moero Chronicle here in case people were curious about it.

I'll get the fanservice stuff out of the way first. It's about as prominent as in Monster Monpiece, which is to say not nearly as prominent as people make it out to be. It's a little more up front in this game, because when you battle another monster girl, you attack pieces of her armor to break it off and expose her underwear. Once you break all the pieces of the armor, you do the infamous rubbing minigame, except this time it doesn't strip her any farther because she's already in her underwear. You also find sets of underwear that are used as job-changing equippable items that replace the characters' default clothing with different bras and underwear. During non-boss battles and actual dungeon exploration, you can't even see that stuff. It's a relatively very minor aspect of the game.

As for the actual dungeon crawling, it's pretty good but nothing amazing. The main problem I see is that the game is far too easy on the default normal difficulty. I was able to get the trophy for clearing the first dungeon in about 3 hours. This includes several long dialogue scenes, so the actual time spent in the dungeon is even less. There is still another floor in this dungeon to explore, so I'm not completely finished with it, but probably pretty close. Going by the world map, there are only 6 dungeons so it could be a pretty short game for the genre. It's possible that the next dungeons will be longer, but I haven't started the next one yet.

The dungeons themselves have what you'd expect, random battles, loot chests, items on the ground, poison tiles, and a couple minibosses per floor with the main boss at the end. On normal, I can just auto-attack and be fine in normal battles. The only time I use potions is to avoid having to return to a save point to heal. There are aura bonuses you can get for using multiple attacks that target enemies' weaknesses that give you more rewards and a chance at loot drops at the end of a battle.

As is the case with a lot of dungeon crawlers, the story is nothing special so far. Monster girls are acting hostile toward humans and you have to get them back to normal so humans can coexist in peace.

TLDR: Fanservice stuff is overblown, dungeon crawling is decent, game is perhaps too easy/too short.

I'll be changing the difficulty for the next dungeon and I'll update when I've tested it out a bit.

The fanservice stuff I could care less about, its all that useless forced touch controls that pisses me off more actually. Part of the reason too why it wont work on the Vita TV.

CrovaxPSO

The fanservice stuff I could care less about, its all that useless forced touch controls that pisses me off more actually. Part of the reason too why it wont work on the Vita TV.

It's actually much better than Monster Monpiece in that regard. As far as I know the only time it's required in this game is after you defeat one of the miniboss or boss monster girls, you have to do it one time each. You can do it more at the inn as a way to gain hearts with the monster girls but you can also do that by giving gifts. I don't think there is any other point to doing it at the inn, unless it's something that comes up later.

It's kinda frustrating to find out I'm missing one skull to complete the quest.

I have no idea which one I missed and I'm not all that up to run through the entire treasure map list again even with auto-move.

I think this is a good point to put the game down. I had fun with it, it's a pretty nice dungeon crawler. I liked the character customization and I enjoyed the boss fights and the whole demon system. Just not enough drive to platinum it at this point.

It's kinda frustrating to find out I'm missing one skull to complete the quest.

I have no idea which one I missed and I'm not all that up to run through the entire treasure map list again even with auto-move.

I think this is a good point to put the game down. I had fun with it, it's a pretty nice dungeon crawler. I liked the character customization and I enjoyed the boss fights and the whole demon system. Just not enough drive to platinum it at this point.

There's actually one extra skull, so there's 2 more out there. Did you get the one in the black cage?

And yeah, I gave up on the Platinum after I couldn't get the Model Resident trophy to trigger no matter what I did.

Shengar

There's actually one extra skull, so there's 2 more out there. Did you get the one in the black cage?

And yeah, I gave up on the Platinum after I couldn't get the Model Resident trophy to trigger no matter what I did.

Did you every received the last Fran related furniture?

I think I did so I'm missing two skulls. Just in no mood to do it anymore nor really go through the post game stuff.

v1perz53

I really wish the Artifact gems weren't limited quantity (unless the google doc info is wrong). Because they are, it makes me need to save scum to get the artifacts I want, which is annoying and unfun. At least both Dual Wield and Divine Body are E rank so it's a little easier to get those. Is there any way to get artifacts such as Dual Wield or Divine Body without using Artifact gems? If they are on normal loot tables, I haven't seen a single one the entire time I've been playing the game.

Mononoke

Banned
This game punishes terrible players (which I am). Seriously, I'll go like 10 hours of just dominating, and then finally it will all catch up to me (my shitty decisions). Right now, I don't even have the artifacts I really should have.

Uranus just keeps evading my shit, unbeatable situation. Need to figure out what I'm doing wrong (artifact/move set wise). Lol goddammit. Worst part is I know she's easy as hell, it's just my terrible decisions (and lack of understanding the game) that is causing me to lose hard.

This game punishes terrible players (which I am). Seriously, I'll go like 10 hours of just dominating, and then finally it will all catch up to me (my shitty decisions). Right now, I don't even have the artifacts I really should have.

Uranus just keeps evading my shit, unbeatable situation. Need to figure out what I'm doing wrong (artifact/move set wise). Lol goddammit. Worst part is I know she's easy as hell, it's just my terrible decisions (and lack of understanding the game) that is causing me to lose hard.

Later game bosses will evade your attacks a lot, you need to lower their evasion and boost your own accuracy. Use things like slow and true snipe.

Mononoke

Banned
Later game bosses will evade your attacks a lot, you need to lower their evasion and boost your own accuracy. Use things like slow and true snipe.

I just got true snipe. Do I need a bow/projectile weapon to use it? Put it on my Gazer but not seeing it in battle. Also I used cross fix on Uranus but then it disappears and I can't use it again.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Just beat jupiter, Vita GOTY this is.

I just got true snipe. Do I need a bow/projectile weapon to use it? Put it on my Gazer but not seeing it in battle. Also I used cross fix on Uranus but then it disappears and I can't use it again.

You can use the EX Concentrate part without a bow, but I believe that the actual true snipe attack that reduces evasion requires a ranged weapon. I had my actual ranger use true snipe, but using it with an artifact might be less practical.

I believe the whole worthwhile thing with True Snipe is that it lets the character use Concentrate EX which lets them use the skills that require Concentrate each turn until they get damaged which will up your damage rate unless you get stuck in a Concentrate loop where the character keeps getting hit after they Concentrate, lol

I believe the whole worthwhile thing with True Snipe is that it lets the character use Concentrate EX which lets them use the skills that require Concentrate each turn until they get damaged which will up your damage rate unless you get stuck in a Concentrate loop where the character keeps getting hit after they Concentrate, lol

The actual true snipe attack is good for rangers. But yeah, that's the appeal of the artifact. Put it on a gazer and use bane attacks every turn. Though those bane attacks will miss a lot unless you lower a boss' evasion.

Mononoke

Banned
Appreciate the reply guys. Well damn, I have no idea what to do. Uranus is the first boss I've had legitimate trouble with. I mean, in the past I got stuck. But I figured it out pretty quickly (mostly, I wasn't leveled up enough). Thing is, I can do a lot of damage to Uranus. It's just, at a certain point she starts evading every single attack. It becomes an impossible fight.

Clearly, I should have added a Ranger to my party. So hmmm. Fuck.

Appreciate the reply guys. Well damn, I have no idea what to do. Uranus is the first boss I've had legitimate trouble with. I mean, in the past I got stuck. But I figured it out pretty quickly (mostly, I wasn't leveled up enough). Thing is, I can do a lot of damage to Uranus. It's just, at a certain point she starts evading every single attack. It becomes an impossible fight.

Clearly, I should have added a Ranger to my party. So hmmm. Fuck.

Has she been casting Evade on herself? That could be the reason where near the end you noticed you just can't hit her anymore.

Maybe bring some Demon Vases or have the spell Force Break so the bosses can't buff themselves so easily.

Mononoke

Banned
Has she been casting Evade on herself? That could be the reason where near the end you noticed you just can't hit her anymore.

Maybe bring some Demon Vases or have the spell Force Break so the bosses can't buff themselves so easily.

Yep, that's exactly what she's doing. I'll try stocking up on Demon Vases then. The other issue I'm having is, she will kill Mars in like ONE hit. No fuckin idea how she's doing it. So I can't even tank with her.

EDIT: Welp, okay I finally figured it out. Used Demon Vase to take off her buffs. Then used Concentrate Ex and spammed Jupiter Bane. THAT is what I was missing. I didn't understand the benefit of True Snips artifact (had to look it up). Was a bit confused.

TBH, me being stuck at this part was my own fault. I was being stubborn and getting frustrated by the Boss. I kept leveling up, thinking it was a level issue. I kept messing around with my party etc. But the real issue was a fundamental misunderstanding of one of my strongest powers. So there you go. Pretty much the story of my life with this game. Sorry for venting on here, I know I'm annoying.

I appreciate your guys replys though. It got me thinking in the right direction. I really am thankful.

v1perz53

Yep, that's exactly what she's doing. I'll try stocking up on Demon Vases then. The other issue I'm having is, she will kill Mars in like ONE hit. No fuckin idea how she's doing it. So I can't even tank with her.

EDIT: Welp, okay I finally figured it out. Used Demon Vase to take off her buffs. Then used Concentrate Ex and spammed Jupiter Bane. THAT is what I was missing. I didn't understand the benefit of True Snips artifact (had to look it up). Was a bit confused.

I think the way the seeds work is like how Paladin devotion works, where they can intercept attacks aimed at the demon and take them instead. I typically use a Samurai and another character with Slash and clear out the seeds as soon as they spawn. Grats on winning though!

Edit: also please keep posting, every time you are unsure of something and someone helps you out, I file it away as a question I likely would have asked later but now don't have to!

Mononoke

Banned
Thanks!

Okay I feel stupid. The last demon I need to get is...Pluto. I remember earlier in the game I accidentally triggered the quest by walking to the area she was at, but not being able to go there yet. But it's been a LONG time since then. Where is King's Court at? What dungeon do I go through to access it?

EDIT: I found it, it's back the cemetery. Okay guys, wish me luck!

DOUBLE EDIT: Nope, was at King's Road instead. NOW I'm going to take on Pluto. :p

Thanks!

Okay I feel stupid. The last demon I need to get is...Pluto. I remember earlier in the game I accidentally triggered the quest by walking to the area she was at, but not being able to go there yet. But it's been a LONG time since then. Where is King's Court at? What dungeon do I go through to access it?

EDIT: I found it, it's back the cemetery. Okay guys, wish me luck!

DOUBLE EDIT: Nope, door locked. I guess it's in the castle? The Kings road?

Yes, you gain access to Pluto from the Kings Road which you can get to via the same elevator as to get to Uranus's dungeon.

Mononoke

Banned
Sigh. Okay, well I'm out. I appreciate all the help you guys gave me. Seriously, you guys are amazing. Can't thank you enough.

EDIT: I played this game 12 hours straight today (yeesh), and put about 10 hours the day before. I'm just burnt out. Basically, I need to set aside a day where I can just grind and get A and B level equipment. My Gazer has True Snipe and Dual Wield. He just needs better damage output. I'll probably try to tackle this in a week. Need dat break.

But yeah, up to Mirage. I'm not too far off from the end.

dkoy

Hi guys I'm back looking for more advice. I've reached post game
where we have to fight pretty much every demon in shadow form in sequence with the save point far far behind us. I managed to reach shadow aries before getting my ass handed to me by all those annoying minions and lost all the progress I made up to that point i.e. finding a Dark Angel Sword +10.
I've only just now read about Ex Concentrate in this thread and I need to know where I can find this godly artifact.

Also, I have the Drake Sniper but no ranger to use it with and am sorely tempted to create a ranger just to use that sexy bow. Should I ditch my assassin for it? My heart and my mind are telling me not to but that Drake Bow calls out to be used....

Parakeetman

Sigh. Okay, well I'm out. I appreciate all the help you guys gave me. Seriously, you guys are amazing. Can't thank you enough.

EDIT: I played this game 12 hours straight today (yeesh), and put about 10 hours the day before. I'm just burnt out. Basically, I need to set aside a day where I can just grind and get A and B level equipment. My Gazer has True Snipe and Dual Wield. He just needs better damage output. I'll probably try to tackle this in a week. Need dat break.

But yeah, up to Mirage. I'm not too far off from the end.

Yeah no sense in burning yourself out over a game, take a small break and come back to it when ready. Sides gives your mind a chance to reset itself. Since it sounds more like you got stuck in a rut. :)

Ironjam

Hi guys I'm back looking for more advice. I've reached post game
where we have to fight pretty much every demon in shadow form in sequence with the save point far far behind us. I managed to reach shadow aries before getting my ass handed to me by all those annoying minions and lost all the progress I made up to that point i.e. finding a Dark Angel Sword +10.
I've only just now read about Ex Concentrate in this thread and I need to know where I can find this godly artifact.

Also, I have the Drake Sniper but no ranger to use it with and am sorely tempted to create a ranger just to use that sexy bow. Should I ditch my assassin for it? My heart and my mind are telling me not to but that Drake Bow calls out to be used....

True snipe (gives ex concentrate) drops in kings court/kings palace, the 2 places where you killed Uranus and Pluto. Its very rare, so you will need to save and reload many times and might need to experiment with bronze/silver/gold gems as well. There are also some very good artifacts in Quasars Realm (post-game dungeon) like Gods Arm which lets you dual wield two 2-handed weapons.

Also Ranger is a very good damage dealer, i changed my samurai to a ranger as well by the end. If you have a really good weapon and want more damage then it might a good idea to change your least important member to a ranger.

By the end of the game my Samurai was regulated to just being the item user for the party, using angel mirrors, demon vases, and doing all the healing (item training gem really came in handy). And my Gazer and Ranger were the major damage dealers. Paladin was doing front row solo tanking and healer was just buffing up at the start and then just spamming holy shield for the rest of the fight.

Oh also, if you're looking for Astro Force; go the W Spirit Cave and use an artifact gem + silver gem. Only took 2 tries to get it there.

v1perz53

Unless things change drastically during endgame, I couldn't see myself without both a Samurai and Ranger in my party. Ranger is fantastic against bosses, especially ones with high evasion, and Samurai is indispensable against all the trash mobs that come in multi lines thanks to Slash. Gazer with slash artifact plus Samurai with built in slash mows down all the random fights. Even against most bosses, Samurai is really good for getting the seeds down quickly with Slash.

It is kind of funny though how my ranger feels almost useless even with Pierce compared to my Samurai for trash fights, and similarly my Ranger feels so much better than Samurai on bosses. But I think that is actually really good design, at least I like it.

Unless things change drastically during endgame, I couldn't see myself without both a Samurai and Ranger in my party. Ranger is fantastic against bosses, especially ones with high evasion, and Samurai is indispensable against all the trash mobs that come in multi lines thanks to Slash. Gazer with slash artifact plus Samurai with built in slash mows down all the random fights. Even against most bosses, Samurai is really good for getting the seeds down quickly with Slash.

It is kind of funny though how my ranger feels almost useless even with Pierce compared to my Samurai for trash fights, and similarly my Ranger feels so much better than Samurai on bosses. But I think that is actually really good design, at least I like it.

I agree. It's a good balance between the ranger and samurai.
I like a lot of the balancing decisions in this game. Granted, I'm not at the end yet, but I hear it can be daunting.

ZeroAKA

Once you get Slash artifacts that you can equip on other party members, Samurai becomes almost obsolete. I dropped Samurai from my party about halfway into the game.

Noi

BoUtkXPIUAE44y1.jpg

yaaaaay. Fighting Quasar was interesting, he completely locked my in an un-winnable situation the first time cause of his veil and spawning a million seeds, but my second attempt went much smoother and I don't think he ever even used veil at the rate I was destroying the seeds. I was hesitant about dropping Mars due to the loss of damage output, but Uranus' magic def increase is too good. Ranger was my beast tho, gave her Jupiter Bane and she was dealing five 700+ damage hits almost every turn with extremely high accuracy.

I was pretty annoyed when I got the Muramasa AND Big Muramasa and saw that they were Samurai only weapons. My Samurai is still level 1. :| Least the Murasame is equippable by Assassins.

v1perz53

Once you get Slash artifacts that you can equip on other party members, Samurai becomes almost obsolete. I dropped Samurai from my party about halfway into the game.

Hmm, I like having two Slash users, but I never thought about the fact that there are multiple ranks of Slash, so you can have more than one artifact. Could even have three slash users for trash fights that way! Not sure if I have the willpower to start another class from 1 at this point though, even with how fast they level, so I'll probably stick with Samurai unless it is affecting my progress. Plus I'm emotionally invested!

ZeroAKA

Hmm, I like having two Slash users, but I never thought about the fact that there are multiple ranks of Slash, so you can have more than one artifact. Could even have three slash users for trash fights that way! Not sure if I have the willpower to start another class from 1 at this point though, even with how fast they level, so I'll probably stick with Samurai unless it is affecting my progress. Plus I'm emotionally invested!
How far are you? The Ranger that I replaced Samurai with was the same level as my lowest level member by the time I got to the final boss.

v1perz53

How far are you? The Ranger that I replaced Samurai with was the same level as my lowest level member by the time I got to the final boss.

I just got Neptune, but I think I may be overlevelled because Neptune was super incredibly easy, my Samurai is lv 16 and my Gazer and Pal are both 18 (I have a Ranger and Healer slightly below that to round out my party). I've been grinding a lot because it is the perfect thing to do while studying, set autowalk to a summon circle, study for 5 minutes while holding Triangle every now and again to auto advance through battles. Helps break up the monotony of GI pathology. May need to up the difficulty, but this is the first boss I actually felt good against so I'm not sure.

If I were to replace Samurai what would you suggest based on my party?

dkoy

Yeah I'll probably grind for artefacts then. I'm so tempted to change my assassin out but just like viper, I'm emotionally invested!

Uthred

Finally got back to this after taking a break and finished off the main stroyline. I enjoyed it overall, its main issues were that it was far too easy in the middle (I didnt even need or bother to get any artifacts till I hit the last story boss) which turned it into a fairly tedious exercise in holding triangle and the story often felt somewhat schizophrenic as it lurched wildly from comedic to dramatic and back again. On the other hand I liked most of the characters, the comedic bits generally worked quite well, it looked lovely, the classes felt distinct and some of the dungeons were quite fun in terms of design. There doesnt seem to be a huge amount of post game content and I dont think I'll be coming back to it once I finish that. I enjoyed my time with it but as I mentioned above I found that some portions of it really dragged which sort of marred the experience for me overall.

ZeroAKA

I just got Neptune, but I think I may be overlevelled because Neptune was super incredibly easy, my Samurai is lv 16 and my Gazer and Pal are both 18 (I have a Ranger and Healer slightly below that to round out my party). I've been grinding a lot because it is the perfect thing to do while studying, set autowalk to a summon circle, study for 5 minutes while holding Triangle every now and again to auto advance through battles. Helps break up the monotony of GI pathology. May need to up the difficulty, but this is the first boss I actually felt good against so I'm not sure.

If I were to replace Samurai what would you suggest based on my party?
Assassin with status-inflicting (Dead) weapons + Slash can be devastating against mobs and a damaging weapon + Shadow Assault can be effective against bosses.

Top Bottom