• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 PC Beta Thread - Codes are redeemable, preload starts Friday 25th, 10AM PDT

GTX 1070, i7 4790k. Everything maxed except for AA (Set it to SMAA), runs at 120+ FPS at 1080p

Got the same CPU and GPU, but how much RAM ya got? I'm hoping that my 16GB DDR3 (1866MHz) isn't a bottleneck in performance. Fast RAM speed seems to be the hotness these days.

That strike felt so much more tolerable than in console beta. I don't know if it's just the fact that it controls significantly better, or if they balanced some things. Either way, I can see myself running it more than once, unlike the previous beta.

dmix90

This plays really really really nice with gamepad and at 60fps. Yeah there is no way back now. Holy shit.

Lutherian

I'm in. Holy hell at that default sensitivity.

Nevermind, relaunched BattleNet did it. Enjoyed a LOT more than the PS4 beta. Damn is it fluid and smooth !

GPU : GeForce GTX 970
CPU : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz
RAM : 16 GB RAM (15.94 GB RAM disponibles)
Resolution : 1920 x 1080, 144Hz

Never dropped below 60 FPS.

M_A_C

If anybody wants some shit rig impressions:

AMD 6300 CPU, Nvidia GTX 970 4gb GPU - on Ultra ("Highest") settings at 1080p it cannae hold 30fps. On Medium it varies from 40-60fps.

So PS4 quality or maybe a little better basically.

Honestly I thought it was going to take me a while to get used to playing Destiny with a M/KB after spending hundreds and hundreds of hours with a controller but it just feels so right and good and perfect

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
This plays really really really nice with gamepad and at 60fps. Yeah there is no way back now. Holy shit.

This so much.

I'm all about my PS4 clan and brothers....but now......gamepad+60fps on my 4KTV, too good to handle.

Double dip is all go.

Nicorasu

Neo Member
On a laptop i7 7700hq with a 1060 6gb running at 60fps on 1080p on high settings.

also tried pluggin my ds4, and it has native support.

120v

i was looking forward to kicking back with some Patrol.. dunno why i expected that to be there but oh well

d'oh forgot to have my FPS counter going but it seemed buttery on 1440 with my 1080 ti and 6700k. if i have time i'll bump it up to 4k and see what kind of compromises it takes for 4k60

gossi

So PS4 quality or maybe a little better basically.

Pretty much. I played the beta on PS4 Pro. Only thing I'd say is Pro version runs at 4K (3072x2160 to full-fat 3840x2160, dynamically scaled). Which is like almost 4 times the resolution of this PC.

Man these impressions are killing me. Sounds like an awesome port. Can't freaking wait to dive into this tomorrow

Glad to see PC bros finally able to jump into Destiny

Finding it difficult to find anybody to play with in PvP. Are people still hitting that saxophone error, or is everybody in the Strike?

The game plays so damn well, albeit a bit easy.
This isn't representative of the actual game's difficulty. Also, have you run the Strike?

mikeGFG

Banned
The game plays so damn well, albeit a bit easy.

The only complaint I have is that the PVP seems kind of lame. For some reason, I expected bit sprawling maps with vehicles and stuff, not 6 rounds of bomb defusal on cramped alleyway.

Man these impressions are killing me. Sounds like an awesome port. Can't freaking wait to dive into this tomorrow

Glad to see PC bros finally able to jump into Destiny

This, this is no port my friend.

Honestly I am floored right now. Was not expecting this combination of looks/performance.

gossi

By the way, one thing I've noticed - you can apparently see the IP addresses of other players.

E.g. when you queue for PVP, hit Ctrl+Alt+Delete, Press Task Manager -> Performance -> Open Resource Monitor. Then click the Network tab and expand TCP Connections (or Network Activity, probably better) - you'll see Destiny 2 connecting what appears to be directly to other players. No dedicated servers?

Sky87

By the way, one thing I've noticed - you can apparently see the IP addresses of other players.

E.g. when you queue for PVP, hit Ctrl+Alt+Delete, Press Task Manager -> Performance -> Open Resource Monitor. Then click the Network tab and expand TCP Connections (or Network Activity, probably better) - you'll see Destiny 2 connecting what appears to be directly to other players. No dedicated servers?

Pretty sure it's not that simple. Otherwise, it would be an absolutely massive oversight.

Scuffed

Holy cow! Silky smooth on my 980ti on 1440p. Played it on console too and it's night and day. They have done and incredible job optimizing.

RNG

Damn, game runs so good and is optimized really well. Running everything at the highest setting, with motion blur & AA off. For anyone curious I run:

780ti
4790K @ 4.4ghz
1080p 144hz monitor
16GB RAM

Most of the time I got 90-100+ fps, with the lowest at 72fps

gossi

Pretty sure it's not that simple. Otherwise, it would be an absolutely massive oversight.

I can see a guy I'm playing against now on Virgin Media in Rotherham, traffic from Destiny2.exe. Anyhoo, we'll see how it pans out.

Sygma

Is it me or its just way too easy on pc ? enemies are taking 2 hours to just shoot their guns. Also hunter is insanely op in PvP on pc, lol. Popping off fools with no damage fall off on the handgun definitely feels good

lefty1117

Gold Member
After playing the PC version, I'll never touch the console versions again. It was meant for PC.

Is it possible to link xbox account with PC account so I can play my old character on PC?

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Well, what can I say. Absolutely amazing gunlay and overall combat system - one of the best FPS games on PC to date along with DOOM, Wolfenstein: TNO. Extremely well detailed world and overall outstanding visuals with smoth 60 FPS in 1080p, max settings + 130% Reder Resolution on a 4790K, GTX 1070, 16 GB RAM. But if there's one thing i can complain about at this point it's the miserable AA options which sucks balls. I mean, seriously, with this kind of shaders, amount of particles and all sorts of other FX shit all over the place the game just SCREAMS about x8 TXAA and Sharpening option.

Top Bottom