• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny of Spirits |OT| Praise the Spirits of Shu's Voices

Doomshine

Ok this is odd. I do see the option to select version only if I am logged out of my account. Once I log in, it pops up a message saying my account is not eligible and I only have the option to add to cart for full price. I have tried this across multiple browsers and I get the same thing every time.

Huh, same thing for me in EU. Weird.

Rixa

Does your maxed Cernunnos serve you well? If it do then I would like to trade those two for my Hermes and Excalibur.

Yep, on a wood day (like today) its awesome. makes 1½ earth damage and it is multiple by wood (so wood day helps in it too).

Cernunnos as a leader (+30% SPD for Wood spirits).
2014-05-23-205500.jpg

Normal damage amount to Anubis on Wood element day.

2014-05-23-205840.jpg

2014-05-23-205850.jpg

Dont forget to add extra damage from Barong Banas Pati battle skill (Changes element to earth for 15 seconds all enemies). <- Kinda only good situation to use that battle skill.

Edit: 2x Cern in my tradeslot.

Amn

Neo Member
Yep, on a wood day (like today) its awesome. makes 1½ earth damage and it is multiple by wood (so wood day helps in it too).

I was rocking the exact same strategy yesterday with Barong, a maxed Spy Yunica and First Mother (plus whatever other wood spirits I have in progress).

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
would you take Itzamna + 3Rs (Ziz, Buffalo Maiden, and Meretseger) for Phoenix and Black Tortoise?

Sounds good. Not sure if we're friends (really need to clean my list out at some point) but if we're not send me an invite at darkside31337

Put up my Phoenix in a trade slot for the Itzamna. The other part will have to wait a bit, waiting on Roe-Bear to get some open slots to finish our Ah Puch deal.

B.O.O.M

Sounds good. Not sure if we're friends (really need to clean my list out at some point) but if we're not send me an invite at darkside31337

Put up my Phoenix in a trade slot for the Itzamna. The other part will have to wait a bit, waiting on Roe-Bear to get some open slots to finish our Ah Puch deal.

Excellent. and yep you are on my list :) I made the offer for Phoenix and also put up two of the Rs in the other two slots so whenever you get free you can start things off. I will put the third R up also once the Phoenix trade is done

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Yeah I'm going for a maxed out Mammoth and Chameleon as well. Might as well, Chameleon is pretty cool in all regards and Mammoth's ability would be nice if I bothered to level up any Earth SRs but really just doing it because they were raid zone rewards.

RoeBear

Yeah I'm going for a maxed out Mammoth and Chameleon as well. Might as well, Chameleon is pretty cool in all regards and Mammoth's ability would be nice if I bothered to level up any Earth SRs but really just doing it because they were raid zone rewards.

They're honestly the two best UCs because of their abilities. Mammoth also has like 1300 health when maxed out. They're the reason I looks forward to earth and wood blessing days.

I also have that last Ah Puch ready for a C trade.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
They're honestly the two best UCs because of their abilities. Mammoth also has like 1300 health when maxed out. They're the reason I looks forward to earth and wood blessing days.

I also have that last Ah Puch ready for a C trade.

Cool. I'll send it in about 5 minutes, don't have any open slots until our current deal goes through.

edit - request sent

putermcgee

Another pet project:
I maxed out the three earth UCs you get from the US summon pool, and Mammoth isn't half bad. Its HP is almost 1500, and its skill has won so many battles for me. Fully maxed out, it's just behind Gnome with ATK power. Unfortunately, it's so slow that it usually takes 3 hits for every 2 it deals out.

The best US UCs are Werewolf, Griffin, Basilisk, Undine, and Kachina.

I've finally earned the Familiar Face trophy! I had honestly forgotten all about it. Anyone else get it?

I got it, I forgot exactly when the maintenance was that interrupted my login streak, so I've been expecting it for a couple of days. Relieved to see it finally pop.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So this game is sort of addictive...

I'm just glad the SS summons are so shitty I don't feel like spending any real money on it.

Also are Dark summons are way harder to max stat with compared to other types? Feel like its way harder because the speed stat takes -forever- to get going. Almost got my Ah Puch and my Ziz maxed out but it feels like a lot more work than the others although I haven't actually kept count.

edit: Just got my Familiar Face trophy. Hooray its not bugged. Only 1 trophy to go, and its the big one obviously.

^Those two particular cards you're talking about have very low SPD growth if I am not mistaken.

The number of cards you need to max bonus depends solely on
1. Rarity (has more effect than most people believe)
2. Stats (supposedly after merging but needs confirmation)
3. Method of merging
4. Double EXP/Bonus thing

Or something like that.

I was gonna make a simple calculator (via Excel) on how many copies you need, but then I realized that the playerbase is not worth wasting time for.

BTW, in case anyone's waiting, I haven't checked all entries to my contest. I don't think anyone had another button I didn't know, so I'm holding another contest for another LotD. Naturally, winner can't get join. :p

RpgN

I also got the familiar face trophy! Sweet!

Looks like many people got it (here too!). At least now we can relax when another maintenance comes up. I won't stop using the game daily though, not while I'm still playing and am into it.

Also looks like we made another good team this time, destiny summoning an Excalibur :D

FrAsp

Neo Member
Me too. Also hunted today my 2nd Cockatrice.

Nice! I got Vampire Hunter today. To bad, I had lucky direction but only got one Rare.

Same!!!

Also have that other Meret up for trade.

I offered the trade.

Also looks like we made another good team this time, destiny summoning an Excalibur :D

Haha, we rock!
I destiny summoned with Roe Bear today, 85 comp. only got a UC...

TUSR

Banned
So do i need to spend money if i want to make real progress and get advanced summons? Im hitting a road block around level 15

45 freed area. Hitting a wall here. I can't battle without renting expensive spirit. My spirit feels weak. My Queen of Abyss (super rare, graivity rush white robe Kat, freezing time for enemies for 12 secs I think) is my most important spirit because it helps me not getting raped by everything.

I don't have money to upgrade spirits. I don't have good enough spirit to battle new tiles. I just don't get it. Enemies got so strong. I can't even touch bosses. I have decent wood, metal and earth teams. But fire and water are crap. Only uncommon at best. No synergy, not enough health, not enough dmg. And Queen of the Abyss can only do much by herself with weak spirists by her side.

What should I do ?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
45 freed area. Hitting a wall here. I can't battle without renting expensive spirit. My spirit feels weak. My Queen of Abyss (super rare, graivity rush white robe Kat, freezing time for enemies for 12 secs I think) is my most important spirit because it helps me not getting raped by everything.

I don't have money to upgrade spirits. I don't have good enough spirit to battle new tiles. I just don't get it. Enemies got so strong. I can't even touch bosses. I have decent wood, metal and earth teams. But fire and water are crap. Only uncommon at best. No synergy, not enough health, not enough dmg. And Queen of the Abyss can only do much by herself with weak spirists by her side.

What should I do ?

Try going the other way on the map. Enemy spirit levels is generally based on how far away you are from your starting point. So its best to work around that point in each direction at somewhat of a similar pace instead of going one direction all the time.

And are you limit breaking? Lady of the Depths is pretty much the strongest spirit in the game so you should try to get some Joker of Lights, which unfortunately are super damn expensive. But with your other spirits it shouldn't be too hard. Don't waste Jokers on anything other than SRs though, that was the one mistake I made as a new player.

Try going the other way on the map. Enemy spirit levels is generally based on how far away you are from your starting point. So its best to work around that point in each direction at somewhat of a similar pace instead of going one direction all the time.

And are you limit breaking? Lady of the Depths is pretty much the strongest spirit in the game so you should try to get some Joker of Lights, which unfortunately are super damn expensive. But with your other spirits it shouldn't be too hard. Don't waste Jokers on anything other than SRs though, that was the one mistake I made as a new player.

What is a joker of light, expensive how (party cost ?) where can I get some ?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Check your PM ;)

Thanks for the quick reply! Do you still need Ziz?

Yeah. Heres my trade list.

For Trade:

Igaluk
Tezcatlipoca
Black Tortoise
Phoenix

Kwatee
Gunslinger
Ixmucane
Umibozu
Kanaloa
Abzu

Looking For:

Joker of Metal (will trade a water or wood or fire for it)

Arthur (will trade any of my SR + 1 R for it and any rare you want to send back)

Ziz
Horus
Meretseger (R)
White Buffalo Maiden
Tlaloc
Yum Kaax
Ah Puch

What should I do ?
Try grinding a bit on blessing days to accumulate summoning orbs. Fight with your lucky element spirits when you can because they will be stronger. Be sure to do the raids as much as possible. Use only one raid point, then let your friends finish them off. Use one raid point on your friends' raids also, without using a support spirit.

You can send me a friend request in the game and I can help you out with raids. Psn is spatenfloot.

You can also level up a UC spirit in each element. This will be faster than trying to level up a rare. Which world zone are you in?

Try grinding a bit on blessing days to accumulate summoning orbs. Fight with your lucky element spirits when you can because they will be stronger. Be sure to do the raids as much as possible. Use only one raid point, then let your friends finish them off. Use one raid point on your friends' raids also, without using a support spirit.

You can send me a friend request in the game and I can help you out with raids. Psn is spatenfloot.

You can also level up a UC spirit in each element. This will be faster than trying to level up a rare. Which world zone are you in?

Europe. Invitation sent. I'm svenminoda ig

Pancakesarelove

Neo Member
Is there anyone here with a joker of metal and/or fire trading? For SRs I can offer First mother and Ukko. For Rares I can 2-3 rares depending on what they are.

So do i need to spend money if i want to make real progress and get advanced summons? Im hitting a road block around level 15
No, you don't need to spend a penny. I have around 175 zones cleared and haven't spent anything. Just focus on levelling a few UC spirits to start and use your strengths. If it gets hard, go to a different zone.

Europe. Invitation sent. I'm svenminoda ig
If you are using Queen Kat, she is probably using too much of your team points. Either collect the EU version of the basilisk (Urd) or trade for basilisk with American players and max it out. These spirits are much cheaper to use and allow for a larger team.

TheTwelve

I spend a decent amount of money on this game but trust me, good strategy is still king. Grinding helps, of course, but if you hate grinding (like me) you can still advance by choosing your battles wisely, taking advantage of the day's element fortune, and simply going to other zones if one is too tough.

Spatenfloot's advice is very on point.

Rixa

If you are using Queen Kat, she is probably using too much of your team points. Either collect the EU version of the basilisk (Urd) or trade for basilisk with American players and max it out. These spirits are much cheaper to use and allow for a larger team.

Urd is really hard to get if you cant trade them. Its only hunt & battle capture spirit. Try to purebreed Skuld, which is very good UC. Also Dullahan is nice Dark UC, try to purebreed it too.
Ive spent 3,45&#8364; in the beginning of the game. Bought extra slot capacity, helped really much. But you dont need to spend any money.

Top Bottom