• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny of Spirits |OT| Praise the Spirits of Shu's Voices

Rixa

Got 3 SR from summons today in about 15k stones. An Uka, a Zilant and Hades. first two went to unlock mines. No idea what to do with Hades. If anyone wants it, I can trade it for another Joker or SR see my list post 9123

Why do you say it's not good ? its better than all my R by a good mile !

Uh Hades o_O that RNG. Ive used over 1.3 million summoning stones and I havent got single Hades. Ive got ~6-7 Ukkos & Zilants tho.
Also from 15k to get 3 SR, thats pure gold. I used at one time over 120k summoning stones and got 0 SR.

Well yeah Brigit seems to be good from stats. But skills are awful. I have better leader spirits and Battle skill is crap.
I dont want to use (another) Fire Joker to Brigit. But there havent been Brigits for trade, maybe next week when you get EU adv summon pool to use.

This is good aR, both stats & skills, can be used as leader or member of team.
2014-06-15-185639.jpg

RpgN

Allegedly the higher the level the spirit, the higher stat growth. Early on I put 2 First Mothers into my level 20ish one and the stat growth was 31/28/131.

This was before I knew about critical merges. 5 doesn't seem like enough right? But if you started to merge her at level 64 and with 5 spirits at once, we don't really know the results until someone does it.

Wow, then I'm considering pure breeding certain SRs....

Thanks!

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Hey I'm new to the game but here is my "Tradelist"

I thought getting Elemental Changer would be a high priority as a start, hope I'm not wrong in that assumption.

Pandora for Sorcerer?

As for tips when starting. Some good UC spirits will take you a long way.

TUSR

Banned
Wow, then I'm considering pure breeding certain SRs....

Thanks!

Skill growth between stats should be linear if the level is consistent. Unless the game does some really weird rounding (ill look into this later). So the reason my First Mother has an uneven purebred stats is because I used the 2 spirits I merged with her at different levels.

After the Dragon Slayers event is over im going to be testing skill growth with purebred spirits to see if there is some math behind it I can figure out and share with you guys.

Ive been collecting Kokopelli to see how much stat growth you get at level 64, and this project should be completed this week.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Just got my Queen of Wood from Ladon so I'm done with him now.
Still an easy kill at level 55 with 3 spirits. (Magician, Lady, Greys)

RpgN

Skill growth between stats should be linear if the level is consistent. Unless the game does some really weird rounding (ill look into this later). So the reason my First Mother has an uneven purebred stats is because I used the 2 spirits I merged with her at different levels.

After the Dragon Slayers event is over im going to be testing skill growth with purebred spirits to see if there is some math behind it I can figure out and share with you guys.

Ive been collecting Kokopelli to see how much stat growth you get at level 64, and this project should be completed this week.

I'm interested in your findings. Keep us updated.

Just got my Queen of Wood from Ladon so I'm done with him now.
Still an easy kill at level 55 with 3 spirits. (Magician, Lady, Greys)

Easy? I've been having more of a hard since reaching level 43 or so. His special skill along with his passive one can be quite annoying. Then again, my team is a level 45 White tiger, 47 Prometheus, 40 Excalibur, 46 Lugh and a UC spirit. I'm at level 56 or 57 with Ladon right now. I might go for 70.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Is your LotD boosted?

Nah. I don't PB SR spirits personally.
Magician and Lady are both natural 65.
Greys is boosted and almost done at lvl 48. He's got the highest attack of all my spirits currently. Until I get GP to 65 at least.

Yeah sounds good.

My PSN: Jinyael

If it's not too much to ask what are some good UC's?

Cool. I'll send you a FR.
What region are you in? I'm only familiar with some good NA UC spirits to get you started.

Jindrael

Banned
Nah. I don't PB SR spirits personally.
Magician and Lady are both natural 65.
Greys is boosted and almost done at lvl 48. He's got the highest attack of all my spirits currently. Until I get GP to 65 at least.

What region are you in? I'm only familiar with some good NA UC spirits to get you started.

I'm in EU.

zadig

Neo Member
I've left pure breeding (UCs only so far) till after the last limit break. It never occurred to me that one might run out of levels doing so. :X Is it better to start pure breeding Rs and SRs earlier (than after the last limit break)?

TUSR

Banned
I've left pure breeding (UCs only so far) till after the last limit break. It never occurred to me that one might run out of levels doing so. :X Is it better to start pure breeding Rs and SRs earlier (than after the last limit break)?

If you read some of my above theorycrafting posts, its better to start pure breeding as late as possible.

zadig

Neo Member
If you read some of my above theorycrafting posts, its better to start pure breeding as late as possible.

I read those, and am interested in learning more if you do end up testing it. But I'm still uncertain if maxing out the pure breeding stat boost can be achieved within (the final) ten levels? I've never merged an R spirit (or SR) so have no idea what kind of level gain it would give.

TUSR

Banned
I read those, and am interested in learning more if you do end up testing it. But I'm still uncertain if maxing out the pure breeding stat boost can be achieved within (the final) ten levels? I've never merged an R spirit (or SR) so have no idea what kind of level gain it would give.

Im at work right now and I don't have any of my spreadsheets with me.

But to ballpark it, I was getting roughly 60% exp from 40-50 from purebreeding per spirit. Which works out to be 16 spirits to account for the 1000% from 40->50.

And include 5 spirits at level 49.

Id say you can do roughly 20 spirits from 40->50.

Assuming 4 pts of stat growth in this level range per merge (it will be higher than 4, even with weak stats and this doesn't include critical merges). You should be able to max an R spirit from 40-50 if you only use pure breeding.

Im going to be testing SR purebreeding at high levels this week or next, depending on how many Kokopelli spirits I can wrangle for a decent price.

zadig

Neo Member
Im at work right now and I don't have any of my spreadsheets with me.

But to ballpark it, I was getting roughly 60% exp from 40-50 from purebreeding per spirit. Which works out to be 16 spirits to account for the 1000% from 40->50.

And include 5 spirits at level 49.

Id say you can do roughly 20 spirits from 40->50.

Assuming 4 pts of stat growth in this level range per merge (it will be higher than 4, even with weak stats and this doesn't include critical merges). You should be able to max an R spirit from 40-50 if you only use pure breeding.

Im going to be testing SR purebreeding at high levels this week or next, depending on how many Kokopelli spirits I can wrangle for a decent price.

Wonderful, thanks so much for typing up this explanation. :) It's really helpful knowing what to expect and plan for once I manage to get my Rs to high(er) levels.

TUSR

Banned
Wonderful, thanks so much for typing up this explanation. :) It's really helpful knowing what to expect and plan for once I manage to get my Rs to high(er) levels.

There are a lot of mechanics in this game that I would like more concrete numbers on, I haven't been able to find data anywhere that is reliable. I've only found estimates and guesses, which isn't enough for me.

2nerdy4me

Im going to blow some aR spirits possibly tonight for purebreeding if a few of my trades go through for level 40->50.

Rixa

Again pics:
This what happens when you get bonus boost in merging:
With only 5 spirits I got 160/66/60 bonus stats. But this is very rare.

TUSR

Banned
Again pics:
This what happens when you get bonus boost in merging:

With only 5 spirits I got 160/66/60 bonus stats. But this is very rare.

So I wonder if each spirit is counted as an individual merge when determine the roll for a crit merge. This would/could influence how you merge from 40-49.

Edit: And do they calculate merge exp one level at a time or does it dump it all on one level (for merge bonuses)...

zadig

Neo Member
There are a lot of mechanics in this game that I would like more concrete numbers on, I haven't been able to find data anywhere that is reliable. I've only found estimates and guesses, which isn't enough for me.

2nerdy4me

Im going to blow some aR spirits possibly tonight for purebreeding if a few of my trades go through for level 40->50.

I think it's the nature of these games for most of their mechanics to be hidden from public view. For one, I would really like the game to state the probabilities of pulling Rs/SRs from the advance summons pool, as some games do, though I suppose this isn't quite what you mean.

Still, estimates can be reasonably reliable if the data sample size is large enough?

Jindrael

Banned
Then its easy, these are mine purebred. All are from EU summon pool. Chameleon comes later when you kill one boss from Africa (don't remember area location). See spirit costs and decice what to purebreed. Basically started purebred from level 25 or littlebit later.

Thanks for the list, can somebody please explain what exactly pure breeding is?

I accepted your request.
Do you put up the Sorcerer?

Rixa

B in da slot.

So I wonder if each spirit is counted as an individual merge when determine the roll for a crit merge. This would/could influence how you merge from 40-49.

Edit: And do they calculate merge exp one level at a time or does it dump it all on one level (for merge bonuses)...

Sadly I dont have answer to this. I just happened to take picture, it was so funny to merge Ogmas (kinda ugly pic). I was wtf when I looked those stats and decided to take more pics.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Do I have to pay attention to something or just same spirit merging?

Purebreeding spirits net you bonus stats. Max bonus stats are based on the rarity of the spirit:

UC: 60 strength /60 speed/120 HP
R: 80 strength/80 speed/160 HP
SR: 100 strength/100 speed/200 HP

As you merge the same spirit into itself, it gets bonuses in each stat per spirit. You can see these by viewing the spirit and looking at the blue numbers in parenthesis... these are the total bonus stats the spirit has received thus far. For example:

This is a purebred rare.

As others have indicated here, the higher the level of the base spirit, the higher the bonuses for each spirit merge, so people recommend waiting until your spirits are higher level before purebreeding... this should require fewer overall spirits for a max level purebreed.

Jindrael

Banned
Purebreeding spirits net you bonus stats. Max bonus stats are based on the rarity of the spirit:

UC: 60 strength /60 speed/120 HP
R: 80 strength/80 speed/160 HP
SR: 100 strength/100 speed/200 HP

As you merge the same spirit into itself, it gets bonuses in each stat per spirit. You can see these by viewing the spirit and looking at the blue numbers in parenthesis... these are the total bonus stats the spirit has received thus far. For example:

This is a purebred rare.

As others have indicated here, the higher the level of the base spirit, the higher the bonuses for each spirit merge, so people recommend waiting until your spirits are higher level before purebreeding... this should require fewer overall spirits for a max level purebreed.

Oh thanks, I got it now.

You also need the same spirit to break the lvl limit right?
Meaning I should get a lot of duplicates of good spirits to break the lvl limit and max the bonus stats.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Oh thanks, I got it now.

You also need the same spirit to break the lvl limit right?
Meaning I should get a lot of duplicates of good spirits to break the lvl limit and max the bonus stats.

That's correct. Or use Jokers of the relevant element. Those also break levels.

Rixa

That's correct. Or use Jokers of the relevant element. Those also break levels.

It highly recommend that you use Joker of <insert element here> to SR spirits only. There are few exceptions when you generally can / should use Joker to R spirit. But if you are not certain is it vice or not to use Joker, ask here before using one.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
It highly recommend that you use Joker of <insert element here> to SR spirits only. There are few exceptions when you generally can / should use Joker to R spirit. But if you are not certain is it vice or not to use Joker, ask here before using one.

I dunno. I think there are also certain Advance R spirits that are worth using Jokers on. If you're not in a rush, Jokers are a constant per month.

Gio27Eye

Neo Member
Update:

FT

SR
Zilant
Cuhullin
Danu
Joker of wood x2

R
Barong
Nine tailed fox
Toutatis x2
Shennong x2
Veles
Excalibur
Cernunnos
Sedna

LF

SR
Yinglong
Wyvern
Leviathan
Ukko

R
Azi dahaka
Genie of the lamp
Lugh

Adv
Sachi, witch, morrigan, ame no uzume

SR
Wyvern x2, Yinglong, god of water

R
Wyvern, Ixmucane, pachacamac, tangata x2, peluda, shin x3, azi dahaka x3, kwatee, toutatis, sedna, clione x2, captain cook

Make offers, interested in Barong, Genie, benzaiten, ashura evil, meretseger, freya, orca, umibozu, inti, valkyrie, Zhuge liang, Artemis, phoenix, tez, vermilion bird and a couple others. Will trade multiples for Pariacaca, robin hood, ishtar, red hood.
Update

RpgN

Errors are preventing me from loading my friends list, barely made it -_- It was fun while it lasted.

RpgN the next 2 rares are up so send when youre ready

I do have one free slot, the others are used up and will take at least 4:30 hours till one of them is free. By that time, I'm most likely asleep :( If you can use the second slot with someone else, at least you'll make use of that time.

One trade request sent!

inthemyst

Neo Member
Hoping I can find someone that'll take some of these spirits off my hands:

SR
First Mother x3, Magician x2, Ladon x2, Leviathan, Wyvern

R
White Buffalo Maiden x2, Kwatee x2, Wakan Tanka x4, Gunslinger x2, Adaptive Camouflage x3, Yum Kaax x2, Ixmucane x2,
Wyvern, Sorcerer x2, Cerberus, Cernunnos, Chernobog, Nio Ungyo, Horus x2, Anubis, Kanaloa, Shin, Azi Dahaka x2, Umibozu

Adv Summon
Witch, Black Body, Yellow Body, Mictlantecuhtli, Cerberus, Muramasa x2, Fudo-Myoo, Okikurumi x2, Onmyoji

I'm looking for:
Himiko
Phoenix
Greys
Ixchel
Ah Puch
Konohanasakuya-hime

I dont mind trading away 2 or 3 or more spirits for 1 SRs. Let me know your offers!

Thanks!

Top Bottom