• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny of Spirits |OT| Praise the Spirits of Shu's Voices

Seems everyone with a DoS Asian account is getting free SR Sonic and Shadow spirits on the 18th

DoS_Sinic_TGS2.jpg

Alucrid

Banned
Yum Kaax x3 for Wyvern + Toutatis + Tlaloc?

Yep, that's good with me, let me know when you have slots / put them up

Seems everyone with a DoS Asian account is getting free SR Sonic and Shadow spirits on the 18th

http://www.jp.playstation.com/op/players/dos/ja/DoS_Sinic_TGS2.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

[img]https://scribbledy.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/unsure-larry-david_zps9ab21851.gif?w=460

tilde

Neo Member
JP DoS News

So in short, and my Japanese is still crap:
- Asia registered DoS Players will get Sonic the Hedgehog/Shadow SR spirit after maintenance on Sept. 18
- Tokyo Game Show attendees can get a Tsukuyomi sticker, on the back has a code for a SR spirit, limit only per person/sticker
- TGS attendees can get a rare hunt, Ouranos. The one from Gamescom that the majority of people missed.

Well... they're not doing much for the US now are they D:

tilde

Neo Member
Yay, wallpaper making time?

Found some mid/high quality DoS art from Angel Palacios if anyone is interested. We could have gotten Artemis with moon and stars :(

Aoin's Pixiv, no DoS uploads

Flyukishila's tumblr

G.RIVER LABO's aka Miho Midorikawa: Personal Site, Pixiv, they did illustrations for another PSN game that escapes my mind atm.

Hisanobu Kometani many websites: tumblr (mostly DoS), Pixiv, Portfolio , he's famous for lots of designs for Duel Masters, CF Vanguard.

I can do more searches later...

miku

Found some mid/high quality DoS art from Angel Palacios if anyone is interested. We could have gotten Artemis with moon and stars :(

Flyukishila's tumblr

G.RIVER LABO's aka Miho Midorikawa: Personal Site, Pixiv, they did illustrations for another PSN game that escapes my mind atm.

Hisanobu Kometani many websites: tumblr (mostly DoS), Pixiv, Portfolio , he's famous for lots of designs for Duel Masters, CF Vanguard.

Wow, didn't know G.RIVER LABO and Miho Midorikawa are the same person. I guess Angel Palacios and Richard Peter Han are also the same person since I saw Ixmucane on that link.

baekshi

Banned

Flyukishila's tumblr

Nice finds....need to find waifu's artists though :3

dallow_bg

nods at old men

Flyukishila's tumblr

Thanks. I had seen Angel's art before buy not the others. His are my fave.
Really nice designs. It's one of the things I really like about this game. Some very nice interpretations of classic figures.

His tumblr has all the DoS.
http://angelpalaciosart.blogspot.com/

Here too:
http://angelpalaciosart.daportfolio.com/gallery/880267

Wow, didn't know G.RIVER LABO and Miho Midorikawa are the same person. I guess Angel Palacios and Richard Peter Han are also the same person since I saw Ixmucane on that link.
Hmm, Angel Palacios' pages show Kanaloa also, whose artist is listed as Dzu Nguyen in-game. Googling his name shows that he's definitely a real person who does art for Sony, but this is strange.

miku

Hmm, Angel Palacios' pages show Kanaloa also, whose artist is listed as Dzu Nguyen in-game. Googling his name shows that he's definitely a real person who does art for Sony, but this is strange.

I don't know what's going on anymore. Anyone wanna solve the mystery?

elmars369

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone have some Tsukuyomi's? Need 5 of em.

SRs FT:
Nemesis x3
Vairocana
White Buffalo Maiden x2
Iyatiku x2
Yinlong x2
Ladon
First Mother
Earth(2), metal, wood, light jokers.

Rixa

Yaa for free orbs \m/.
God Of War postponed

DoS said:
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we regret to announce that the God of War Collaboration scheduled to begin on September 11 has been postponed. We apologize for the inconvenience and the last minute announcement.
We plan on holding the collaboration soon, and the official date will be announced on the Players Information Site as well as our official Twitter account.
Furthermore, by way of apology for those looking forward to the event, we will be giving out 35 Destiny Orbs to players.
Thanks again for playing Destiny of Spirits.

I might spend my soon to be 160 orbs to EU a Summons then. Trying to get areas done asap and its going smoothly now that spirits in areas are not ~80 lvl anymore (rather ~60lvl). ~100 areas to go.

Rixa

Ooh 1.05 Uptune \o_. Tho selling SR should be more than 1k, or they should add buyback option.

More about changes here.

DoS said:
Update Release Date
September 11, 2014 - After the scheduled maintenance.
■Version 1.05 Update Details
・Increased the effectiveness of some high ranked spirits' skills (48 spirits) *Details below
・Changed the prices spirits are sold for:
  C: 50→100, UC: 100→200, R: 200→500, SR: 250→1000
・Profiles now only show the maximum number of spirits that can be held and not the number of spirits currently held
・Changed the timing for the Familiar Face trophy (the counter will no longer reset during periods of maintenance, etc.)
・Other bug fixes
・Preparations for future events

Edit: Btw Shachi got uptune ;)

Why exactly are they making Vampire and Amaterasu better than they currently are? They're already completely out of the grasp of 99.99% of DoS players due to scummy traders hoarding them. I can understand buffing all the trash ADV Rs since nobody even wants to spend orbs on the pools, but not stuff that is already far too rare.

Oh well, nice to see Hi no Kagutsuchi, Hua Po and Karyobinga getting some really good buffs at least.

Nice! Wish there were some special summons I cared about tho. I regret not getting as many Gravity Rush ones as I could, sitting on 360 orbs now. Wish they'd do one for Danganronpa or maybe Freedom Wars :/
I can understand why we aren't getting third party IPs for the summons pools (licensing costs), but you'd think they'd look at why Gravity Rush was the best selling special summons pool and put some similar ones out, like Freedom Wars as you mentioned, Folklore, Oreshika, Malicious, Ico/Sotc, Ape Escape, Sly Cooper or even a classic IP pool with Parappa, Sir Dan, Vibri and such. I can't honestly see who Patapon or God of War are even meant to be aimed at.

elmars369

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, that's right, they haven't done it with any 3rd party IPs yet. I forgot that Soul Sacrifice was published/half-made by Sony. Guess Danganronpa is unlikely to happen then...
K8tx1TIl.png

Danneee

Do we have a community thread for destiny? If not, anyone can feel free to add me, PSN: dannepannepuff
Add something about GAF and I'll accept!

Doomshine

FT

SR
Danu
Nemesis
x3 Yinglong

aR
x2 Shachi
Heracles
Koro-pok-guru
Spy Costume Kat

R
x4 Yaksha
x3 Itzpapalotl
x2 Horus
x3 Cernunnos
x2 Shennong
x2 Sedna
Tangata-Manu
Pachacamac
Abzu
Wyvern
Barong

LF

aSR
Izanagi
Yamata no Orochi

SR
Wyvern (High priority)
Nuada the Silver Arm
Ukko

aR
Cronus
Frigg
Morrigan
Ares

R
Nuwa (High priority)
1x Urd
Pandora
Ogma
Wakan Tanka
Nine-Tailed Fox
Valkyrie
Perun

PSN: Doomshine

Oh, that's right, they haven't done it with any 3rd party IPs yet. I forgot that Soul Sacrifice was published/half-made by Sony. Guess Danganronpa is unlikely to happen then...
K8tx1TIl.png

Well I mean Sonic & Shadow are incoming soon so it's obviously not impossible. Just doesn't seem like something to get your hopes up for. But man, I would be willing to buy soooo many orbs if they added Danganronpa summons and Monokuma, Chiaki and Kirigiri were available.

tilde

Neo Member
Trying to get the last level of a raid boss. I have less than 2 hours before the event ends, anyone able to spawn a boss to come up lately?

putermcgee

Finally back from the US, and both my and my wife's Vita's picked up Ashura (the good one) from hunting.

I'll probably try to update my trade list soon, but that three week break (only playing a little bit here ant there) might have been what I needed to try breaking free from the game. I doubt I'll stop completely, but I think I'd like to cool out on it.

Bvy7a_dCcAACkRZ.jpg:large

Kujaku-Myoo is a beast. Compared to Greys, Kujaku-Myoo has +304 HP, -21 ATK, and +30 SPD at LV 50. All at 2.5 cost. Does anyone have a maxed out Gukumatz or Odysseus?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Man, Amaterasu's support skill was terrible before, and still terrible after. Never realized that.

Do we have a community thread for destiny? If not, anyone can feel free to add me, PSN: dannepannepuff
Add something about GAF and I'll accept!

Whoops. :)

Rixa

Bvy7a_dCcAACkRZ.jpg:large

Kujaku-Myoo is a beast. Compared to Greys, Kujaku-Myoo has +304 HP, -21 ATK, and +30 SPD at LV 50. All at 2.5 cost. Does anyone have a maxed out Gukumatz or Odysseus?

Being 2.5, awsome stats. Tho being aR means either heavy trading or heavy money using or both. I would assume that maxing it takes atleast 12 spirits (or more) + 3 jokers.

ithebigc

Neo Member
Make this work somehow. I have all 3.
Sorry for the late response, I haven't been as into DoS lately. I think the novelty is finally starting to wear off as I reach the endgame.

LotD is for advanced spirits only, so if you can substitute Black Tortoise for Gravity Panther you have a deal. Otherwise, I'm sorry :(

I've never seen ATK so high before, a little disappointed with the HP though.
You should see my Gravity Panther at 726 ATK xD Combined with element changers, she pounds through raid bosses so hard.

FT:
Jokers
Joker of Light x2 (Hunt SRs)
Joker of Dark x3 (Hunt SRs or 1:1 with LF Jokers)

SR
Vairocana x3 (Hunt SR Only)
Nemesis x2
White Buffalo Maiden x2
Tsukuyomi (Hunt SR only)
Magician
Itzamna
Phoenix
First Mother

aR
Ame no Uzume (Konohanasakuya and Kagutsuchi only)
Muramasa (Konohanasakuya and Kagutsuchi only)
Pyokorider

R
Ebisu
Karura
Nio Agyo x2
Bishamonten
Greys x2
Captain Cook x3 (For Barong Only )
Nine-Tailed Fox
Yxchel
Anubis
Pachacamac
Umibozu

Raid Bosses (2 or 3 for LF SR; 1:1 with Barong)
Itzpapalotl x3
Yaksha
Skuld

LF:
Jokers: JoM, JoW, JoF.
SR: Arthur, Senju-Kannon, T.Rex, White Tiger, Yellow Emperor, Himiko, Quetzalcoatl, Apollo, Ashura, Eingana, Azure Dragon, Igaluk, Hattori Hanzo.
aR: Hi No Kagutsuchi, Konohanasakuya-Hime, Bodies (Black, White, Yellow, Blue).
R: Barong (1!), Kanaloa.

elmars369

Unconfirmed Member
Some of you probably are aware of ★ Package Installer, I managed to get all 3 region DoS apps on my EU account:
It's a pointless endeavour tho, since you can't summon spirits:
You start with 0 areas cleared but you have all your orbs, spirits etc. from the start.
Since there are no rade bosses atm I don't know if you possibly could get 15 raid points across all of 'em or not. Same goes for hunting, couldn't try that either.

Rixa

Rixa, not sure if you need another Igaluk, but I just got my hands on another. Do you have an updated tradelist?

Yep I need them :).

My SR's for trade are:

Artemis
Tezcatlipoca
Yinglong
Wizard

Havent summoned much, got ~583k SS & ~545k SP. Been using SP to rent spirits for area fights,

Some of you probably are aware of ★ Package Installer, I managed to get all 3 region DoS apps on my EU account:

It's a pointless endeavour tho, since you can't summon spirits:

You start with 0 areas cleared but you have all your orbs, spirits etc. from the start.
Since there are no rade bosses atm I don't know if you possibly could get 15 raid points across all of 'em or not. Same goes for hunting, couldn't try that either.

Huh, very interesting. I was wondering about DoS when I read about the package installer earlier. Real shame that summoning is blocked though as that'd be the main reason to have all versions. If I have to hazard a guess it's not showing the summons because of your PSN ID region, similar to how if you play a JP Vita or PS3 game and access any in-game PSN store purchases it'll error out due to not being able to access the relevant content.

Top Bottom